/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!mtxRUIAJ!3KPByBbmedAnGTUCPFLJslEYKwYj9ijSZqQAsiofIrc
mega.nz/#!NJoyhIbD!HJwhuL-ItM4eR9-gzP42DLZoy6t1o06DYNFf2gXzYDg
mega.nz/#!RF5UHDKa!QwB1HI75yFObZXj7-YRVdRz-LU75La-hph4hJPpnBZk
pastebin.com/3qj36V7L
github.com/joffnerd/botw-trainer/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-trainer-eshop-eu-beta.463066/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bhaba binis

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

>reminder that this works

>clear all 4 divine beasts
>clear about 30-40 shrines
>completed Tarry Town
>see %
not even 20% done with the game, holy fuck

I wonder how much the 900 Koroks make up of that percentage.

There are 900 korok seeds and they count towards completion. That's why your % is so low.
By the way, how do you see your completion %? Is it only visible in Switch?

So this whole time the Sheikah Eye was depicting their ancient futuristic hard drives that can literally cry data into their ancient futuristic iPads

I've got the complete strategy guide. Ask me anything.

Let's have a Zelda confession time:
>Sometimes I confuse Gerudo with Goron.
>In Spirit Tracks I used to replay the final boss fight many times because I wanted to see Link and Zelda hold hands.

only about half of the korok seeds count

Anyone else dissappointed in the characters?
Only cool guy was fishbro.

>Build up new chars for each race
>They do nothing after getting to the beasts
>Only memories to forge a bond between characters, not gameplay-wise

What does collecting all 900 koroks get you?

I have all shrines and I'm just barely over 30
Beat Ganon

You see the game completion post game.
Once you complete it, you return to an old save and certain things will be unlocked.

For anyone who missed it last thread,

Breath of the Wild Official Guide by Piggyback (Paperback)
mega.nz/#!mtxRUIAJ!3KPByBbmedAnGTUCPFLJslEYKwYj9ijSZqQAsiofIrc

The two-sided map included with it (Links are temp according to uploader though)
Navigation Map
mega.nz/#!NJoyhIbD!HJwhuL-ItM4eR9-gzP42DLZoy6t1o06DYNFf2gXzYDg

Completionist Map
mega.nz/#!RF5UHDKa!QwB1HI75yFObZXj7-YRVdRz-LU75La-hph4hJPpnBZk

Does BOTW actually have a legitimate difficulty curve? As in, enemies and encounters get tougher as you progress through the game? Or is it just a flat line until the endgame like ALBW?

Gonna repost the BotW tunic webm from beating all shrines

a golden turd. I'M NOT KIDDING. YOU GET A TROPHY THAT LOOKS LIKE A POOP.

Shame about the shorts.

Yes, whenever a blood moon respawn happens, it spawns in stronger monsters than before

Mixing and matching is a thing, you'll miss out on the set bonus but fashion is important too

Even late in the game you'll still be introduced to enemy sub types that can fuck your health.

I have max heart containers and just found silver bokoblins, which blow off 5 of my hearts with a single hit. The game's not incredibly hard, but you can't just tank hits like in every other Zelda.

From my experience it seems to get harder eventually, I'm late game and black/silver enemy variants seem a lot more common now.

Shorts are okay, they're just to long, they need to be above the tunic, wouldn't hurt for the sleeves to be higher up too

Hestu's "Gift"

what does it do?

Does it at least do anything? Like that's it? Not even a special gear set or weapon?

I like it. It's a unique twist on classic link.

Nothing. It's a trophy. It shows you did it.

isn't maximum hammerspace enough

reee

>NO MEN ALLOWED
>Become personal friends with the leader of the town
>Save the head of the royal guard
>Bring back an ancient and important artifact to their culture
>Save the entire gerudo desert from a wild electro-camel
>"NO MEN, NO EXCEPTIONS"
>Mfw a male goron is just walking around confuses.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rito dude was alright, fuck i hated the champion though. Literally HEH NOTHING PERSONNEL LINK

Don't you like dancing user?

he was literally falco

And it's pretty clear from the memories that he wasn't tsundere or anything to Link, he actually disliked him.
>Zelda and Revali strongly disliked Link
>Urbosa basically didn't care about Link
>Daruk was Link's bro
>Mipha was Link girlfriend

He probably doesn't like that Link just gets a free pass to win at life just because the goddess had a crush on him aeons ago.

do guardians respawn on a blood moon? how do you fight a guardian out in the open without guardian arrows? reflect with your shield?

I hope you're getting better at perfect guarding /lozg/

>Learning why Link doesn't talk
He's such a good boy.

>900

what the fuck i found like 70

>ywn watch Paya taking a fat sheikah dump

Just about everything related to the actual Divine Beast quests felt very underwhelming, at least so far (I've completed Medoh and Ruta, and I'm at the boarding sequence for Rudania). Fairly formulaic too.
>Arrive at area
>Talk to settlement leader
>Talk to voice acted character
>Do a small task (get 20 Shock Arrows, shoot 5 targets, etc.).
>Open dungeon with voice acted character
I have lowered my expectations for Naboris accordingly.

Zelda's diary and some memories ironically gave this Link more personality than others like Toon and SS.

I got 89

That's what happens with every single divine beast.
The main story is stupidly formulaic and lacking.

>Perfect guard lynel's fire
>Doesn't really do anything
>also now I'm on fire

Zelda is tsundere, read her diary

Why Nintendo made BOTW Zelda so thicc? Jesus i want to smash that, cant wait till the cosplayers

So your reward for 900 Korok seeds is a polished turd?

Zelda was tsundere right before the Calamity. Before it, she wasn't positive about Link at all.

>thicc
guess this word has finally lost all meaning

But Zelda is thicc so the meaning stands, try again autist

After Link saves her from the Yiga she realizes she's been a massive bitch and starts talking to him to get to know him better.

That's why I said "right before the Calamity". That event is one of the last from her diary.

If you need help, all Korok locations can be found on the completionist map here Info on the symbols can be found in this page.

The idea is that this is so far in the future that the trio's immortal souls are starting to become decayed from An eternity of reincarnation?

Ok, so I finished my armor ID research. The names are in Spanish because I copied them by hand and checking in-game, so I won't go item by item for traslations. Anyway, here you have the list: pastebin.com/3qj36V7L
Change Armor_XXX_Head to Upper or Lower to get the upper or lower part (i.e. Barbarian leg's wraps **** would be Armor_114_Lower).

Also, I fucked up and missed onte item in the list, so maybe some will be one number more or less, like, 113 instead of 114.

To edit these you will need a CFW and a WiiU, and this Trainer's version github.com/joffnerd/botw-trainer/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-trainer-eshop-eu-beta.463066/

Alright, so a question about the wolf link amiibo.

If I haven't done the cave of shadows in TPHD, but use the amiibo in BoTW, he should only have like 3 hearts right?

Because I use mine and it instead has two full rows of hearts.

Ganon keeps getting his reincarnations botched so he's getting fucked up, no idea what's up with Zelda, Link is perfectly fine.

How do you see %?

Where can I find Blue Nightshade?

After testing a little it looks like some parts are fucked, or, maybe at least the Amiibo specials items, or maybe I need to do somthing else to get them to work, because wearing a complete set leaves me bald and all items count as a cap/hat.
I don't know, someone fix it for me.

how do i get the the twilight princess or Ocarina of time link outfits? is it Amiibo exclusive?

Well, Link is just a guy, Zelda and Ganon are dieties trying to force themselves into mortal forms.

how do i get Link's tunic costumes?

Yes, every Link amiibo gives their own outfit as an amiibo exclusive drop
SSB Link counts as Twilight Princess for this.
Chillingly, they have outfits from games that don't have any drops.
More anniversary amiibo in the future?!

meant for

>they have outfits from games that don't have any drops.
like what?

900 KOROK SEED = LITERAL GOLD SHIT

TOP KEK NINTENDO

Skyward Sword's Skyward Tunic and Majora's Mask's Fierce Deity Tunic

For the Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess outfit you need the Ocarina of Time Link, Wind Waker Link, and Smash Bros Link amiibos. For the Classic outfit you need the 8-bit Link amiibo.

What does the disguise skill do on the radiant set

OK, so I think I fixed it. There is another hidden value that I don't know how to get to, but if you buy/get any other part from any other set you can edit it. Like, if you buy a complete set, only the hat will be able to turn out to be other hats, the shirt other shirts, and so on.

So, if you want all sets, the better option if to buy a lot of complete sets and the edit them but keeping the head as head, the lower as lower and upper as upper.

Isn't that because they're from Amiibos that haven't been released yet?

Man I can't imagine how OP they expect you to be by the end of this.
I've got 6 hearts and 36 armor, and it's enough to have me survive against guardians and give 0 fucks about bokoblin attacks cause their knight halberds are poking for quarter heart damage.

>EN: Calamity Ganon
>DE: Verheerung Ganon (Devastation Ganon)
>EU FR: Ganon, le Fléau (Ganon, the Scourge; they rarely use the full name, so they usually say either "Ganon" or "le Fléau")
>EU ES: Ganon, el Cataclismo (Ganon, the Cataclysm; they rarely use the full name, so they usually say either "Ganon" or "el Cataclismo")
>IT: Calamità Ganon (Calamity Ganon; "calamità" is always in lowercase)

Anyone knows how it is in Japanese, Dutch and Russian?

Hiya! Was wondering that do the in-game shops restock at any point? Also what's a good place to find bomb arrows in the wild?

Okay, to spoof amiibos do I NEED to buy NTAGs? is there no way to use my phones NFC to directly emulate an amiibo by touching my phone to my controller?
Using TagMo it seems that the only way to do this is to write it to an NTAG first.

>BotW is the first major game to be released after the timeline was revealed
>takes place so far into the future that its placement on the timeline is irrelevant

Is Aonuma admitting the timeline was a mistake?

Ganon het Onheil (Ganon the Evil) (As in, Ganon is the Evil, it's not a title)

This game makes me want to try a baked apple, I've never tried it before.

Well you look like a skeleton, so...

>Tetraforce theory
>not superior Hyrule + Lorule Hexforce

So it's the same as with French and Spanish? As in, it's not actually part of the name, but a title that they rarely say together with the name, although they use in rare occasions, or above his life bar when fighting him).

>he doesn't even know about the octoforce

smuganimeface.jpeg

Umbrella???

Is that what Umbrella Corp uses to make all their bullshit viruses?

You didn't figure it out?

The Goron isn't random he's there as a hint for you to figure it out on your own. You must have noticed that the Gerudo don't hate on men and actually seem to all be looking for boyfriends right?

If you had an entire city of ripped eight foot tall men all looking for a girlfriend would you let a handful of tiny merchant girls wander around alone?

It's as simple as they DON'T have a double standard. Men aren't allowed because they'd be totally at the mercy of the Gerudo that surround them, it's for their protection. They let the Goron in because he is a giant rockman who visibly can take care of himself.

I just assumed Gorons were too indistinguishable from each other that they are all too embarrassed to ask or check.

Midna DLC when

>all the giant women with no self control would hold Link down and forcibly fuck him like the twink he is.

Snu snu is real
I want this really bad.

We spooky now

you look like a skeleton

oh my god, if you freeze a bokoblin while they're jumping out of the ragdoll animation, they get frozen and hang in midair. You can push them around like this, they have like zero friction