Is it me or there's shitload of s2000 out there that doesnt sell?

is it me or there's shitload of s2000 out there that doesnt sell?
i've done a search on my local classified and there's around 3 pages of them

Other urls found in this thread:

corpuschristi.craigslist.org/cto/6096766235.html
s2ki.com/forums/cars-sale-109/bay-area-ca-2002-silverstone-ap1-completely-stock-56k-miles-1171863/
ebay.com/itm/142355077460?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true
neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/6022348191.html
fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/6096260552.html
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=431700729
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's an overrated car that people are trying to sell for meme prices because they saw what happened to the NSX

This

This. Very expensive for what you're actually getting

ever driven the car?

Idk, its a great car but there are some people that just ask too much

t. upset S2K owner who thinks his Honda Miata is worth $15k

People want too much for them given what you get and what else you could get for the price given they are BRZ slow.

If there was a convertible toyobaru there would be almost no reason to get a S2000

I owned a 2003 for several years. Was a very good car, but you'd have to be nuts to buy one for the same price as a brand new Miata or 86 or a used 987S, all of which are better all-around cars and arguably better at the one thing the S2000 does well, too. At least with the NSX there's the excuse of muh Ayrton Senna daily supercar.

A convertible 86 would just be a fat ND, tho

it's just so weird that people can now ask for 20k for 40-60k mileage AP1s. I wouldn't even mind paying 15k for a good conditioned car, but for 20k? fuck that shit.

can't even believe it but I'm actually contemplating either buying a hawk eye STI, a 15' mustang GT or a 370z because the s2k is so overpriced.

Because it's a Honda

Its relatively unknown outside of people who watch Fast and Furious every sunday morning.

What is that website?

Fastestlaps

Cheers

>it's an overrated car that people are trying to sell for meme prices because they saw what happened to the NSX
What this guy said. I wouldn't say it's super overrated, it's a good car forsure. The problem is every faggot that gets their hands on one is one of those "I know what I got" morons. Homie, your hood is chipped to hell, your seats are torn up and one of your wheels doesn't match. Yours ain't 15k.

Why is Laguna Seca such a garbage fucking track for measuring overall performance?
The BRZ is 5 whole seconds faster on Tsukuba wtf

this car haunts my dreams and it's too expensive being europoor.

anyway, i can wait a couple of years for the 70th ann. remake

I was in love with them until I actually drove one. I thought something was wrong with it. I don't know how anyone can enjoy a car with literally zero torque.

I find mostly salvage title s2k's that people try selling for 7k.

Florida is full of salvage s2ks.

And another shitposter is born.

It's an overpriced Miata.

women hate roadsters and make husbands sell them fast because they aren't practical. Theres a bunch of all types of roadsters out there.

Stupid women have too much control in today's society.

This. The most overrated car on the market right now. No one wants your 15 year old S2K for $10000+ that has > 120k miles. And yet, that's the market.

>Florida is full of salvage s2ks.

why

>mfw out of autism I've been tracking local s2gays up for sale in a spreadsheet
Seems like most sit on the market for a long time and the clean ones are over 20k being sold by their original boomer owner who 'knows what he's got!' My advice OP, don't buy with these inflated prices; either buy a Miata or wait until the next gen of s2k is released. Once the new one hits NA the used prices are going to drop HARD, the boomer butt hurt is going to be off the charts boyz!

Because amerifats don't know how to manual and they crash them all of the time.

>new S2K to be priced around 50k
:[

Doesn't matter, it's still going to throw a wrench in the used market. Why buy a used one when there is a new one available? Majority of plebs prefer new flashy shit regardless of cost, look at iPhones for example

>Why is Laguna Seca such a garbage fucking track for measuring overall performance?
It's all stop go with very little in the way of flow.

$20k also gets you a pretty much new BRZ/FRS, or C5 Z06.

I've really got to wonder how many of them actually sell, if at all. I thought about doing the same autismo tracking as you, but I didn't even have to to notice that it's always the same cars day in and day out listed on CL and Carguru.

Also Florida has the loosest laws for registering vehicles. Ideal for salvaged cars with questionable pasts.

t.never driven an s2000

Just a quick relevant story...

Used to know this Russian guy who owned both a super clean S2000 and RX7. At some point he ended up selling the S2K to some young kid who literally totaled it that same night.

L O L m8

Until 2006 the S2gay was basically designed to punish you for being a bad driver. AP1 especially liked to fuck you for lifting off the throttle or being rough on the steering wheel. It's why they're relatively rare now.
>t.drove a AP1 for 4 years
ftfy
Oh shit I bet the Russian was mad as hell.

>Oh shit I bet the Russian was mad as hell
Why? Maybe from a sentimental standpoint, but otherwise it's not his problem anymore.

Yeah, from a sentimental standpoint. I'd be mad as shit if someone binned my old AP1, never mind right after taking it off my hands.

First car on my page...
corpuschristi.craigslist.org/cto/6096766235.html

>21 thousand dollars for a 50k mile AP1 in the most mass produced color combination

s2ki.com/forums/cars-sale-109/bay-area-ca-2002-silverstone-ap1-completely-stock-56k-miles-1171863/

what the fuck is even going on with this shit.

Yeah the release of the gt86 / brz has really dented those ae86 prices!

>it's an overpriced car that people are trying to sell for meme prices because they saw what happened to the NSX
fixd that for you

bro that clutch has been set to zero freeplay by the legendary joey do you even know what that's worth

thinking about placing a bid on this
is it worth it or nah since i can't test drive it

ebay.com/itm/142355077460?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true

it sure as fuck ain't MY06-09 money senpai.
now here me out, if that car was 6 grand less, I would fly my ass over there right now and pick it up

neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/6022348191.html

please respond

>36k
>LS1 Swap
>salvage title

>The cruise control has been deleted to give the JDM authentic wheels look
^Top kek
>No ac
>No power steering
>6 in tear in the convertible top
Fucking hell, I wouldn't even pay 10k for it.

thanks for convincing me not to buy used in florida

>neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/6022348191.html

The ebay auction concluded. That thing sold for fucking $34k

>he's so much of a douchebag he doesn't take down ads after selling the item

Its cause they're overpriced nip cars that people treat like super cars.

They all probably have little to no compression and burn more oil than gas.

that plus the terrible grammar makes me think the seller might actually be retarded.

BEHOLD, IT IS DON... umm, well it's being considered anyway

True, very much agree. Plus the NSX was Honda's shot at "supercar" while the s2000 was honda's shot at "z3" by revitalizing the s600, which was originally a shot at "British roadster but doesn't fall apart while driving"

My s2k has actually appreciated since I bought it, true facts.

Sure, some are overpriced, that happens with every car being sold privately. But values have been really steady over the past 5 years, so the demand is there.

That story hurts my head

I had a friend whose parents got him a mk4 Supra TT for his first car, which he wrecked into a tree in six months, and they nearly immediately got him an FD, which he spent a year putting thousands into before it met another stationary object after a year. Looking at those old pics give me the same feeling as some other fuckpickle with dad's money destroying an s2k near immediate

Did not deserve. Sad!

>mechanic says the engine still run greats
>the engine will run eights
>engine full spun lates
>bull ton rates
>pun mates
>mass turb ates
>please text if interested in car or friendship because I have nobody

Better question when is honda going to bring back a s2000 successor

66k made over 9 years. Average 7,334 cars per year. But it had a real steady following of douchebags and boy racers right off the bat... fuzzy math tells me that of those, probably 35k-38k remain roadworthy to this day. Is there a way to find out if I'm close?

I would buy this car.

they cant beat miata, but im sure they'd do better than fiat is doing with the 124

You can have NA, NB and NC miata in your garage for the s2000 money. S2000 is ridiculously overpriced currently

I really wish the rear beltlines being far too higher than the front meme would die at some point. Looks like shit with a lot of cars in general, but it absolutely kills modern convertibles for me.

texas and florida are source of hail damagedsalavage cars for cheap.

Looks nice m9

Either absurdly priced, beat to shit, or modified and molested. They say market price represents true value, but that none of them are selling at the asking price suggests otherwise.

They're fun to drive, and built with feels in mind in the same way the MX-5 was. But you could get yourself an E46 M3 convertible or Z4 roadster for a similar price, or an MX-5 for even less.

To be fair the BRZ was built with roads similar to the Tsukuba track in mind. The Japs did not take into account that sharts can't drive manual, can't figure out how to modify something without blowing it up, and that Clapistan itself is flatter than an Asian schoolgirl.

The writing in this ad is so shit. It belongs to a cholo, doesn't it?

>probably 35k-38k remain roadworthy to this day. Is there a way to find out if I'm close?
There's a pretty decent registry of CRs, with 410 of the 699 accounted for. Approximately 34 of them are known to have been wrecked or salvaged, meaning 91% of the known CRs are on the road with clean titles. How many have been modified beyond that is probably hard to determine though, short of making guesses based on what the s2ks currently for sale look like. I imagine CRs will have a lower rate of wrecks and bad mods given they're both the newest and the most expensive of S2000s, so maybe double that 9% number for the rest of the production run.

Quite a few S2000s have probably been wrecked at this point, but 38k sounds awfully low (that's over a 40% attrition rate). Even if only 75% of them are left, that's still 50k cars.

I'll take the NA and NB but I don't keep trash in my garage.

Hey that's what I like to hear- that's good info. Didn't know the CRs are more carefully tracked but it makes sense. I had a feeling like the older they got (non CR) the more attainable they became to the inexperienced-yet-eager masses, and the value of these cars never going down was because of a lack of supply. Thanks for the enlightenment brotha

NC isnt bad if you are overweight and want some extra room/power but still want to be part of the miata familly

This.
>looking at shit on craigslist
>there are 4 s2000's
>one's 19k
>one's 18k
>one's 22k
>one's 25k (with a tarbo woooooo)
>guy lists one at 9.5k
>gone in literally two days
>other ads still up
That shit was in December. The 19k one is at a dealership and it's slowly creeping down.

The process of strapping on then maintaining a supercharger is much simpler on the S2000.
There's no god damn room in the brz.

NA Miata is slow, flimsy, and ugly, NB looks pretty good but it still slow unless you get a Mazdaspeed, and NC is a fat ugly pig and they all sound like a dog with explosive diarrhea.

I'd rather have 1 S2K.

Dealer is using it to get people to show up, they don't care if it sells.

The good kits are part of the intake manifold. Not really a big deal either way.

mine has a dozen or two
>pic fucking related, $35k
>2006, 90k, red/black, stockish, clean, $18k
>2005, 25.5k, white/tan, stock, clean, $29k
>2005, 80k, silverstone/black, couple of simple modz, clean, $20k
>2007, 70k, laguna/black, clean, $23k
>2003, 50k, yellow, supercharged, $23k
>2006, 85k, white/black, stock, clean, $20k
>2000, 50k, silverstone/black, stockish, clean, $20k
>2004, 55k, silverstone/back, modzzzzz out the ass, $50k
>2005, 164k, black/black, stock, clean, torn up soft top, $14k
>a bunch of salvage titled or otherwise ruined AP1s still over $10k

500 miles from there there are three 2008 non-CRs all over $30k. it's all very silly. Clean stock AP1s are getting harder to come by, though, judging by Autotrader's national listings.

>2007, 70k, laguna/black, clean, $23k
That one sounds pretty reasonable

There was a time they were cheaper, right? Like five years ago? You could get one with 50k miles in good shape for like 12-14k. I remember people saying "buy them now, they'll go up." Also the NSX was way cheaper like 5-6 years ago. Well I guess no one had any money from 2009 to 2011 maybe that's when they were cheap.

fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/6096260552.html

Here you go fellas

Mostly idiots who tried to get seat damage covered under insurance only for their insurance companies to declare the car totaled since honda doesn't make them anymore.

Insurance logic, seats no longer made, they factor in the cost of honda having to re manufacture seats, costs more than the car is worth, car = totaled.

They're not that great and sell for nearly as much as a new car that has the same power and is more up to date. Was getting my car serviced this morning saw one on the lot for 10K that is beat to shit and has 220K miles on it. Its just rice appeal being the reason for the unreasonable prices since any car out of FnF received a rice tax.

as much as I whine and complain about prices, I might have to end buying it before it rises up even more baka

this beautiful S2000 with 120K easy miles can be yours for the low low price of $9950!!

no, seriously autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=431700729

The s2000 went against the boxster and defeated it brutally

The non-S, sure. But you can literally get a clean S for the same money as an S2K nowadays.

>paying more than $10k for a used, above average roadster

No thanks. Miatas are better anyway, no matter how gay they make you look. Hell, id rather spend the same money and get a low miles Solstice GXP.

forgot pic fucking related lmao

>insurance companies to declare the car totaled since honda doesn't make them anymore
Not quite. The problem is that seats are very expensive from Honda, something like a few thousand each. Throw in the cost of the OEM top that was probably cut to break into the car, and it's enough to total most S2000s.

The same thing can happen with OEM hard tops (for the CR), although it's not enough to total them. Honda has no more new hard tops, so on a few occasions a stolen top was replaced with a new one assembled from individual parts. It costs your insurance $7k instead of the $2.5k an assmbled top would go for.

I went on South Florida Craigslist for good cars under 3k

Someone help I wanna die

By good I don't mean epic sports car I mean good

I had to look at over 10 S2k's before I found one that wasn't crap. The best one in Miami wasn't going into VTEC, probably the solenoid. I ended up having to go all the way up to Jupiter where I found a mint AP1 that was garaged and only used seasonally by Canadian snowbirds.

>$10,000+

People commonly try to sell them for $15-20k with that many miles. If you find one for $10k you better buy it because you won't find a price that reasonable for what you actually get again.

>WILL FIX EVERYTHING!

Why don't you do that before trying to sell the fucking thing, asshole? I appreciate the "honesty," but what the fuck is the listing for?