Benchracing faggotry

let's talk about bench racing and other general faggotry concerning cars and the practice of driving them.

besides the fact that I'm trying to have a conversation on a mandarin basket weaving forum, why do most people here (who are supposed to like cars btw) incessantly talk about lap times, 0-60 times, horsepower and other shit when the reality of the matter is that 99.9% of people here never actually competed in professional or amateur racing or racing of any kind for that matter

PRO TIP: rolling """"""""drag racing"""""""""" in your CAI intake 120hp shitbox is not racing, no matter the amount of mental gymnastics you do to prove yourself otherwise.

are most of you normies? do you really like just shitposting about numbers? do most of you even have cars? do most of you even know how to drive a car to its limits?

what's the point of bitching that a car with sub 300hp is slow when outside of a racing circuit you will never be able to use that power?

let's talk about burgerbro's here for a bit:
I know you fuckers have bullshit straight, wide open roads and can't take a proper turn to save your lives, but even on those long straights you still have a legal speed limit.
Are you telling me you're buying a 400+ hp car and frequently driving it at 200+ km/h? or 150mph or some shit?
No, you're not.
Driving that fast at night (maybe) for a few seconds because any longer than that and you're going to jail if a cop catches you is really just terrible.

So why this leddit circlejerking about stats all the time?

Why don't people here actually discuss cars? Why don't people here talk about how much fun they had pushing their 100hp car at night with other friends or alone?

Why don't people here talk about how nice it feels to perfect your driving, your heel and toe, your cornering?

And also, if most of you here actually want massive horsepower and muh torque, why don't I ever see actual interest in people wanting to get into professional racing?

/continued

You think anyone's gonna read all this shit?

/CONTINUED

I swear, reading some of the threads on this board is seriously cringe worthy. Most of you are like this faggot I once talked to.

He kept shittalking cars and calling certain BMW's certain """"""enthusiast""""""" names to try and look cool;
"oh man that car is not that good, only 250hp" or "nah man, you gotta straight pipe it bruh for that mad hp gainz!"
Of course, when I eventually asked him what car he drives he says this to me:
"oh I haven't got my licence yet"

This is what most of you look like to me. It's a sad reality that normalfriends post here just to stir shit, and it's even sadder that it seems it's only getting worse.

You could find decent threads a few years ago, but it just feels like it's going lower and lower, with faggots taking over and just jerking off on times and stats.

Let's try and talk about cars without hating.
When I was a kid and played need for speed for the first time, I always wondered what it would be like to drive nice cars or to drive like that and shit, now that I'm 27 and actually get to drive, it brings me great joy to get into a car and just drive for the fun of it.

Shit, even going from city to city is fun for me, trying to corner as best as I can within the lanes, practicing rev matching and heel and toe and shifting better, feeling the car better, all that shit.

And going out on mountin roads makes me feel like a kid again playing those first need for speed games. That magic is still there. That love of driving is still there.

But then, I come on Veeky Forums to share these great feels with other bros and what do I see?
>how will GM cucks ever recover?
>miata is for gaybois
>the toyobaru is so slow bruh
>if your car doesn't have at least 500hp it's not even a car

goddamn it...

>tl;dr what the fuck happened?

I'm hoping tbqhwufamilia

You are witnessing the result of poor moderation and the unwillingness of the users to enforce a standard.

I don't disagree with most of this shit. My STI has 370 hp and even in stock form, i couldnt even CLOSE to pushing the car to its limits. Same would apply to most people and their 200 hp toyobaru

The most i do is:
>turn traction control off in wet parking lots and practice so i know my cars limits
>blast two lane backroads and practice braking / downshifting and approaches into curves
>3rd gear pulls getting on the highway from 40 to 100
>occasional races at stoplights (usually with bro trucks who stand no chance anyways)

That being said, this still puts me above 95% of the driving population in the states. Ffs, only two of my friends can actually drive stick. We're better than normies, so try to keep your butthurt at a minimum.

For instance, my friend has a maxima and when i bought my subaru he said, "dude, my car has as much power and it's just a family sedan." He has no conception of awd vs fwd, shorting gearing, etc. and didn't believe that his car is almost a full two seconds slower to 60. People in this board are at least not that fucking stupid.

Are you really regretting your brz/gt86 purchase so much you made a thread trying to denounce racing because your overpriced piece of shit is slow and underperforming in every fucking metric?

OP: 99% of this fastestlaps bullshit, muh hp/L, etc is just autistics who have made it their mission to ruin the board. And the mods have abandoned us.

>Inb4 it's "fun"
>Inb4 seating position

How the fuck do we enforce anything?

T. Toyobaru poster

I don't have a brz, but I wish I had it

Don't give him (You)s, please.

Numbers are useful to an extent but also are meaningless at high performance.

For example my old WRX had 0-60 5ish seconds and was fun to drive. My follow up outback was like 9 seconds and was so boring to drive.

However the same metric

The boxster standards 0-60 is 5ish seconds and the Tesla Roadsters is 3.0 seconds or something but almost eveyone whos driven both agrees the boxster is a much better car and posts much better lap times.

Bench racers tunnel vision stats they want and ignore the whole picture.

i hate it when people think that because a sign on the side of the road says a certain number it means that you can NOT speed

like push down on the pedal dude, like all the way down, like to the floor and just hold it there

you would be amazed

Horsepower, torque, 0-60 times, etc... are all objective characteristics of the vehicle in discussion. Just because we don't ever plan on using the car to its full potential doesn't mean we can't have a discussion about the marketplace value of the car (taking into consideration the price and overall performance).

It's like the 86. It's a modern "sports car", costs $28k, and only has 205 horsepower. It deserves to be ridiculed. Just because none of us drive anything faster or can afford to even spend $28k doesn't mean that we can't point out this fact.

But the Miata is fine because.....?

bread on hood faggot.

>I don't drive my car hard so you don't either
Seriously, how can you be this narrow minded?

I'm sorry you can't read.
here's your (you)
make an effort and try again

It doesn't pretend to be a race car.

>n-no you're wrong here's a (you) haha
Fuck off.

I'm not going to rephrase my post for retarded children like you who lack reading comprehension skills.
Stay mad and go back.

What makes the 86 a racecar? A roof?
I found him saying the opposite of that when I read it.
Maybe reduce your hostility and you'll get better discussion.

Yea i'm not reading that.
Basically the anti-benchracing comments to look out for are:
>MX5 is a great inexpensive car
>Cayman is the best porsche manufactured today
>Chiron is the pinnacle of automotive engineering that is usable in all conditions you expect a normal car to be and in comfort
>Corvette is not bad because it's a couple of seconds slower than a GTR, it's bad because it's an unreliable piece of junk

reduce my hostility towards the very idiots who ruin this board day in and day out?
he's not looking for a discussion, he's just shitposting.
he hasn't even read what I said and just came here to shittalk.

same thing happens in all threads as it happens in this one, I try to talk about cars but somehow it goes down to:
>lol faggot regrets buying gt86/brz
>lmao miata
>lmao this and that

this is the kind of shit that ruins everything because these faggots see they can trigger people easily and just spout this bullshit 24/7
literally a bunch of 10 year olds

Actually I read it wrong, he is right. What's stopping someone from having fun on a curvy road, or an abandoned highway in the country at night? Be smart about it and you can goof off to your heart's content.
Sorry m8 you had read it right, I was wrong.
I'd argue the Corvette is fine, the Z06 does have some heatsoak issues but if you're serious about tracking the car, literally a

bread on hood faggot, i want to see what you actually drive consideirng you are so superior

>reading is hard :^(

Kys reddit

>Writing a novel on an imageboard
Good luck on the Darwin award friend

It goes for

nothing is stopping you from having fun on a backroad at night or on an an empty mountain road.
you read what I said right the first time.

I'm saying that you don't need a 300+ hp 3 second 0-60 car to get good at driving or to have fun, and on an actual twisty road, you will never get to use those 300hp unless you have very long straights. I say this from experience, having driven very difficult mountain roads both in my country and in sweden in multiple cars.

The only way you'll use that power to its full potential is on a track or risk it on the street and go to jail, let's be serious here.
the weather is shit out right now and my dad took my car today because mine has all seasons tyres, but my regular car right now is a skoda octavia 1.9TDI, which is complete shit in almost every regard, but I still manage to make the most of it.
I've driven plenty of cars, both sub 100hp and even 60hp shitboxes and 200+ hp cars, I'm not saying I'm superior.
I'm saying that having driven various cars in various situations and on very difficult roads, I know for certain that there's only so much you can push your car when it's overpowered.

Also, the car can only do so much for you. If you lose control of it, you lose control. I know it's cool to be edgy and talk about muh 1000hp supra, but pushing the gas pedal to go forward in a straight line means nothing.

Understand that 200-300hp cars can offer you more than enough for hooning and other bullshit on the streets.

>What makes the 86 a racecar? A roof?
The way it's advertised

That being said, more power = faster accleration. My ideal car is an 818 Coupe, which, while "only" having 300hp, will weigh less than 2300 lbs with ful amenities, insulation, etc. That's a fucking rocketship.
DESU I haven't seen much if any advertising for the GT86 other than a guy having fun on a mountain road. It was just a TV ad I saw twice.

>more power =more acceleration
More torque=more acceleration. Torque and work are functions of power

The only car I've driven that was dangerous to push to the limit was the M6. It was way way to powerful to have any fun on a legal street.

Otherwise I'm afraid you are wrong. You're just a bench racer trying to one up the other bench racers with a practical point that would maybe work. My doctor buddies and I push our sports cars all the time off the track (Viper, M3, S Q3, Roche Mustang). You just have to find a safe place to do it.

The delusion of poorfags in amazing. I see the same poor faggotry elsewhere too.

>NICE STUFF ISN'T WORTH HAVING BECAUSE CHEAP SHIT IS ACTUALLY ALL YOU NEED.

Simply wrong my friend. Premium stereos, houses, guitars, food, and cars really are that much better.

Although, I think everyone should have to do a year or two in forced poverty just so they know what its like.

and where exactly do you lads push these sportscars?
what sort of area and what speeds are you achieving?

My bad on technicalities. However, more torque = more hp or more RPM = more horsepower = you can gear lower to get more acceleration, so it all kinda works out the same.
IS
THAT
A
ROUSH

>My bad on technicalities
Yea you're fine just saying because I see a lot of idiots run around and scream about how their modes civic or some shit makes 500hp but only has something stupid like 125ftlb of torque so the acceleration is ass even though the engine is making all this power. Then they're floored and pissy when something with half as much hp beats them on some straight away

125 lbs of torque and 500 up would require it to rev to some stupid RPM, which would actually be kinds cool apart from guzzling fuel given the gearing required to maximize acceleration potential. 500 hp and x amounts of torque with a huge turbo that makes the power band useless makes sense.

>mfw the brz loses 15% of its power because of rwd and loses 25% of its already low torque between 3000rpm and 5000rpm

Ala every wankel engine ever

Rotaries guzzle fuel because every rotor is always in all stages of its combustion cycle as well as high revs. Damn cool engines, just might be hard for some to daily.

N/a engines seem to work fine for dd

But it's when they introduce boost do they start to have serious problems with combustion, seals, etc

Indiana we are all about racing in this state. Head outside the suburbs ands its all older twisties and turns.

But modern sports cars like the M6 are really fucking fast compared to the M5 2002. Its really track toy only IMO.

Cops here dont give a shit if you are away from downtown and schools unless its the end of the month. I've only gotten one ticket. Half the time they are speeding themselves and you can just follow along.

yes sorry Roche is a pharmacutical company. Roush makes the mustang actually good, his is stage 2.

shit, that sounds incredible then.

maybe some day I'll stop being such a poor pleb and buy myself a good car too. eh

>why do most people here (who are supposed to like cars btw) incessantly talk about lap times, 0-60 times
stopped reading right there

nobody who likes cars is talking about that shit. you're getting jewed cause you can't ignore the shills.

you can use the full potential of an engine in any gear, wherever you're in your powerband.

fucking retard. do you think the throttle doesn't open unless you're at 150mph+?

who are you replying to? what the fuck

you, dipshit.
>The only way you'll use that power to its full potential is on a track
>"hurr hurr hurr I'm stupid"
that's you. I did an impression of you.

too bad you're too much of a retard then.
what I said still stands, you've yet to prove me wrong.
>full potential of the engine in any gear

maybe, but where?
most of you stupid fucks who replied here haven't bothered to read what I said.
I know reading is hard but goddamn.

shit, I wasn't aware I'm surrounded by all these high caliber fucking racecar drivers on this board, people who use their cars to their full potential, throttle position fine tuned to the fucking milimeter, knowing how to use turbo to its full advantage and everything.

tell me more about how you use the full potential of your massive 500hp V8 engine on your backyard mountain you stupid hillbilly.

>hurr hurr I'm using all muh torques and all muh horse powers pleb ur dumb!
that's you. I did an impression of you.

Dudd, you need help. It's shitposters who hate that we xna enjoy cars and get satisfaction from ruining the board. Nobody is paying them to disrupt a small, shitty automotive section of an image board.

ey what up chuan

>chuan
????

>I know you fuckers have bullshit straight, wide open roads
So does yurop, and Australia
>and can't take a proper turn to save your lives,
That's a meme.
>but even on those long straights you still have a legal speed limit.
So?
>Are you telling me you're buying a 400+ hp car
Me personally, no. But there is an user who has a Hellcat.
>frequently driving it at 200+ km/h? or 150mph or some shit?
Yes, almost daily I hit triple digits (160+km/h)
>No, you're not.
Assuming makes an ass out of (You) and me.
>Driving that fast at night (maybe) for a few seconds because any longer than that and you're going to jail if a cop catches you is really just terrible.
>jail time
>for speeding
Lolwut?

man I always go 180 km/h in this shitbox skoda on straights but I'm taking a risk and if the cops catch me then it's fair game for them. they fine me and take my license.
But I always do it in places where I'm sure I can't ruin anyone else on the road aside from myself if anything goes wrong.
And that's in a 100hp car. Believe me, you're not fucking going anywhere in a 300+ hp car without seriously endangering someone, stop being a child.

as for the guy with the hellcat, aside from being a memester and showing off he's not doing anything worthwhile with that car.
I also know this faggot with a 370z and all he does is ride around town all slow and shit to show off.

Probably a d2g dotard crossposting

>300hp car
>endangering someone
A HAHAHA HAHA
OH WAIT YOU'RE SERIOUS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

maybe get to actually drive such a car first you fucking busrider and not just base your ideas off of youtube videos.

My car has 340bhp and I don't endanger anyone when I drive it. What are you on? Waste of trips.

I will be pushing my foxbody to 300 crank or so later this year. Made 225ish stock thanks to the super choked heads, intake and exhaust. Gt40 junkyard intake, GT40X aluminum heads, some cam I haven't decided on yet, and probably headers because why not. I already have a catback exhaust that's like 3" or 2.5" diameter, not sure exactly. Because the stock stuff is super choked for fuel efficiency and emissions, it will easily surpass 300 crank with all of that. It's perfectly driveable with 225, 300 is only a 33% increase. People drive 300 HP WRX STis all the time. People drive 435hp Mustangs off the showroom floor. 455 hp Camaros. Etc.

ididnt read any of that

we both know that's a lie doe, faggot.