Why does no one hear talk about Lotus?

Why does no one hear talk about Lotus?

Aren't they good?

because you could buy a corvette for around the same price new

although they are no longer unreliable now that they are under indian ownership

Not much to say other than "Yeah, they're good." Also the DMV are assholes and a large percentage of Veeky Forums's userbase doesn't have access to newer ones.

Expensive

It's like a really nimble car but they're really expensive

Only one worth a damn was when Hennessy ls swapped it

No one on here does enough track time or has enough $ to care.
I have seen a hand full doing very well at a couple HPDEs, but most of them really are just track toys.
Of course you "can" DD anything, and for a 14yr old, the impracticality and NVH of a DD lotus is ok, but as capable as the car is, there are good reasons you don't see a lot of them on the road, purchase price is the least of them.

I see one every once in a while in the US in New York state but it's really rare. I see them at public car shows and stuff so they must be sold in the us

Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious

They are terrible daily drivers for 95% of people who need to carry stuff and live where potholes exist, and we can't afford to spend that much on a weekend/track car. An Evora 400/410 is a nice daily, but those are almost as expensive as a 911. Most people who can afford to spend 90k on a car don't even consider them and get a Porsche/BMW instead.

Id buy one of these but i dont want to pay more than £25k for it.

No one talks about them because they are literally perfect

Kinda expensive for a lightweight shell around a gokart frame and supercharged toyota engine.

The engines and other mechanical parts are plenty reliable but the electronics are retardedly designed and sometimes unreliable.

Not a good DD. Even a vette makes a good DD admittedly for many people, even though I don't like it personally. You don't want to drive a pop can on a go kart chassis to work every day, that'd be miserable.

Not comfortable for drives over half an hour long.

I would still totally buy one if I was rich but it would only be a fuck around during free time car, not something I drove even weekly probably.

>pigfat
>perfect
Pick one

>Lotus
>Pigfat

???

There's a guy in MoCo or PG county that drives one often. I think it is a Exige 240 or 260. It looks cool, but too impractical for daily use.

They're track cars and Veeky Forums only tracks their dds.

the 4c is better

>wasn't in gran autismo
>can't get one for < $10K

OP I got it in my head that I was going to buy a circa 05 Elise for my dd because of reasons like it being sexy af, Toyota engine reliability, and I'd always heard they were fun to drive. Keep in mind at that time my dd was a Miata which fit my body like a glove. I was more than an inch too tall and I wear 13 1/2 wide shoes and it was impossible for me to operate any of the pedals without contact with the one next to it. I tried a couple different ones to make sure it wasn't just that one and nope. Broke my fucking heart.

just because you're poor doesn't mean everyone else is, fuckwit

nobody here can afford lotuses op

Except there were lotus in Gran Turismo and s1 are lss than 10k