Why do people think that they can get back any money they put into a car...

Why do people think that they can get back any money they put into a car? I've always grown up knowing that anything extra I add = $0 extra I can charge, should I sell. When did this change?

And who the hell would add $40k to a gt mustang

Other urls found in this thread:

boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/6065737184.html
strawpoll.me/12786965
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I made a bunch of money in the early 2000s doing engine swaps for ppl

god bless the fast and furious movies

IT might not be worth it to YOU, but someone who isn't poor as shit who doesn't feel like doing the work/buying the parts might see value in this.

Poorfags who think they can """negotiate""" prices on things will never understand.

>IT might not be worth it to YOU, but someone who isn't poor as shit who doesn't feel like doing the work/buying the parts might see value in this.

No, it's actually not worth it to anyone which is why these cars never sell. Part of the journey is buying the vehicle in its stock form and then seeing through the modifications. Just look at any NA miata. Just look at any Supra.

boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/6065737184.html

This would be a $40,000 car if it wasn't ruined

1. People never learned the lesson like you did
2. Boomers

Imo at most you can add a bit for parts, labor you did for yourself. If you have aftermarket on it you should also sell the OE parts with it because if you added garbage aftermarket you're not adding anything

Because they desperately want to point out any positives they can. I saw a shitbock on craigslist, bumper was fucked, interior was dirty, the pictures were vertical. And its overheating. But IT HAS A BRAND NEW BATTERY!

The link you posted featured several examples of the seller being a cunt, but it has nothing to do with the modifications.

>"I don't HAVE to sell the car"
>PRICE IS FIRM
>F I R M

This is the sort of shit that makes me (and anyone with half a brain) not want to deal with a seller. I don't care if you're selling a $1000 car or a $100k car, the moment your ad has shit like that in it, we know you're a fucking cunt and it's easier to go look at other cars than to tolerate being in the presence of a complete baboon for any length of time.

>someone who isn't poor buying a mustang

10/10 well shitposted

if you have mods that only appeal to enthusiasts, enthusiasts won't want to buy because they do their own mods, and will call you fucking stupid for not swapping stock shit back in and parting out your mods on ebay

Normies won't want to buy because you don't work at a garage and therefore can't work on a car

i bought my car knowing that its the ONLY 2008 evo x mr with the prefered interior packadge that has a big turbo fully built engine and suspension and a clean title and number matching everything

its the fastest evo of that year with pretty much every upgrade done (minus cryo treated gears)

i bought it knowing that as a complete package its more valuable than a bone stock one because it has everything you would want to do to a bone stock evo already done and the exterior is 95% stock

At least it has had work done to it. Better than some boomer with a rustbucker who wants top dollar because of the brand of the car. They have done fucking nothing to it and still expect a payday when they sell it.

UKfag here. Someone I know "sells" me his cars cheap and I auction them off and give him 10% of the profits. He does this because he knows me well (I used to work for him at an estate agents and he found out I was super into cars). He's just sold his Audi S8 Plus to me and I sold it for auction for £6k more than I paid. He gets £600 from me. He sold his S8 because he wants a Mustang GT. I asked why not an F-Type V8 or an M6 and he said those cars, despite being fast, are too pretentious. He wants something a bit more down-to-Earth. He's tempted to import the GT350R, but wants to wait to see if Ford release it in RHD first.

>buying a heavily nodded car for way above normal price

>buying a heavily modded car

Retarded idea and will explode

>heavily mod a brand new car
>sell it a year later
Fucking why

>mod car
>realize car has shit tons of problems due to shitty mawdz and don't even know where to start.

Sell car before explode

Wew

You're a fucking idiot

You're perfect for this board.

you can post for Vtak yo in the MCTT

strawpoll.me/12786965

Any boomer who buys brand new cars as "investments" needs to go take some fucking basic finance classes.

>voted for my self

I purposefully shit post and shit up the board anyways, and if I win I'll release my secure trip password

That's not ruined

They have done everything you should with a 2J to make good power and support the turbo well.

It's legitimately had every mod done to it any sane person would do to it seeking dyno numbers.

Stock twin turbo surpas are boring as shit to drive

>unable to inspect a vehicle

babies

>They have done everything you should with a 2J to make good power and support the turbo well.
>W58

>not having t56 sitting around

fuck have you cunts never owned cars

Pretty much this. Same when my flatmate bought his gtr, 10k more than regular price and he got 400wkw. Worth it imo because you would be saving up for that shit anyway if you bought a stock one.

Just a shame you bought the worst evo