/dat/ Steam Group:steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List:pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars:my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
/dat/ Recommended Bikes:my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist:raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/stirling/cars-vans-utes/1990-toyota-mr2-auto-jap-import/1145354365
twitter.com/AnonBabble

American here. Did you guys have an era of shit cars starting in the 70s like us?

Nope. Our "smog era" cars didn't hit until 81, even through to the late 70ties you can pick up some pretty powerful muscle cars.

Looks like it has gone full circle

>methylated spirits
Chemical analyst and med student here, you ausies don't actually do this, r-right?
user pls

We only drink the uncoloured stuff

>uncolored means it's safe
user pls, there are mixes with methanol in it, atleast, in Europistan there is.

Uncoloured means it doesnt stain your lips, otherwise you do look like a metho drinking boong.

Amerifat here
have any of you Aussies had experience with a holden perentti?
I wonder about how much like a vette they drive

Considering they only made like 25 of them, I'd doubt that many people evn know they exist.

They had a HQ chassis, powered by a V8. I'd say it was like the vette in that it couldnt turn and went fast in a straight line

The "police" on here and trolling sean. LMAO. As if. Get a life cunt.

what did i do?

You already know i have no life hahaha

/dat/ is dead

very

either join barns discord or accept it

Should I?

Looking at e28s and minis atm. What do /dat/. have 2-7k for cool/interesting/fun/unique DD

>only 16k

yes please

beetle probs

Eh, beetle isnt a fun enough twisty machine.

VP/VN SS.
smash it in D for maximum respect.

this is for you mate

Do you have to be a chemical analyst/med student to know that drinking methanol is fucked in the states?
Real cunts drink 99.9% isopropyl anyway.

Wtf are you talking about. they cancelled the phase 4 because of the same bs

Better off getting a life. My discord is pretty much dead.

Such is life.

I still don't have one

No, they cut the phase 4 because the media was scared about selling the average schmoe supercars. Smog era was because of emissions.

Ye this is why they didnt let the torana be sold with the 350 or w/e engine around the same time. It was a scare tactic run by media poofters, no different to today I guess.

And the fuel shortage.

A discord with Falcunt on it being dead? Yeah no wonder

Even though hes in it, no one really talks.

And I just noticed pingascunt left lol. bye then.

Discord is shit. Its just another hoop.to jump through so you can shitpost.

psst hey kids wanna buy some dose?

As opposed to chinkmoots broken captcha and retarded mods and ip vpn rangebans and mass data mining.

Discord was a good idea but terribly executed.

No server browser and centralization means similar communities are fragmented instead of being able to merge.

As for Veeky Forums and discord being shit u can't blame me I'm literally never on anymore just been lurking watching it all die while everyone blames me

Looks like the gooks are going to take over the hoon-mobile segment for us.
I personally am OK with this.

>while everyone blames me

who are you?

The falcon and commodore where objectively shit apart from the goat i6 Barra turbo.

Aussie V8 where over rated yank copies

At least the first gen zeta commodore chassis was great.

If we put a Barra in a new dunnydoor it would make a nice drift missile

It just looks like a rip off of Aston Martins, Lexus and BMW. Fuck Hyundai.

The fgx and vf2 where also ugly as fuck it's called design trends.

It looks ok apart from the front end

metho is mostly ethanol funnily enough
it will still make you sick

Ofc "menthylated spirits" is mostly "spirits", but still usually like 10 - 20% pure methanol, which is a lot considering 100ml will kill you and much less will make you blind.

do it

>everyone is asleep already
haha get a life nerds

>chemical analyst/med student

I think you just mean simply med student.

Medical students think they have their doctorate and 20 years of practice under their belt as soon as they get the position in their school.

daily reminder no one likes Australians and Steve Irwin is dead

>Steve Irwin is dead
Thats usually the result when you go around poking australias animals with sticks.

buy it user

lol facken un ironically this

Pretty sure the stuff that bloke is drinking is 95% ethanol and 5% water with shit in it to make it bitter. The MSDS sure doesn't mention methanol.

Drove down to Mandurah last night in my Integra type r, some madman in a bright red RX7 tears ass past me with no plates shooting flames.

I've never been so aroused.

fapadelic mate

I bought a new car in feb, I'm at 7306 km and I'm thinking of taking it in for the 7500km service, which is optional and would cost me $193 even though it's under warranty. Should I even bother with it?

What car?

>Not changing your own oil

Since it's still under warranty, you should do it. If anything went wrong with the car in the future the warranty people could blame you for not keeping up the service intervals you were told to do and not fix whatever went wrong.

Surely you didn't travel 7300km in 2 months.

>tfw travel an average of 5000km every 2 months
The mechanics face when I came in was priceless. He looked at my in silence for a moment and said "what are you doing man? nobody does this many kms around here" and I replied with "i drive". He didn't get the meme though.

Only 180km a day 5 days a week over 8 weeks, thats like 85km trip to work and back + some weekend supermarket shit, pretty reasonable if you live out of town and travel into the city to work

Lol. what car?

I'd travel less than 5k kms if i went to work and back. I could almost ride a pushbike to work but it takes 15-20 mins instead of 3 min by car, and i'm too lazy.

Berieve

are manual conversions hard in falcons?

im looking at an au for $350 thats an auto, and the cheapest manual falcon that isnt a 4 speed is $1500.

im going to buy it for skids but does a manual make the tyres smoke up any better than an auto?

cheers

no point. in that price range it's easier to buy the thing you want instead of converting it.

not exactly. its unlikely the autos have been redlined every day of their lives like the manuals, so putting a manual in an auto is a good idea.

How competitive are traineeships in Melbourne? I realise now that university is a mistake and I'd rather live happily doing a trade. I've applied for spare parts traineeships around the place but I'm not sure if I should keep firing out resumes

For reference I'm 21 and exmilitary with 6 years experience at other workplaces and pretty bogan

It's not worth it. It's a fucking AU for one, two it's a $500 car. Buy a manual excel and stfu. AUs are complete garbage.

>I'm 21 and exmilitary
That's a lie

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/stirling/cars-vans-utes/1990-toyota-mr2-auto-jap-import/1145354365

jimmies mr2 has been on sale 6 times in the last two years. what the fuck is going on? how is it still being sold again and again?

I did gap year

>one idiot buys it
>realizes they fucked up and its shit
>pawn it off to the next idiot
>cycle continues

That MR2 is doomed to make its rounds through every moron in that state.

idk if that matters because the car would be hitting the limiter for the rest of its life

true, but for a grand prolly easier to keep it auto and skid it as it is

>AUs are complete garbage.
>Buy a excel

this

Lucky you. When I tried to do that they cancelled it and tried to sign me up for a career.

for 1k you could buy an au and skid it yes, but converting it to manual is pointless and a waste of $.

Excels are more reliable than AUs. Ask falcunt, aka AU expert

yeah thats what im saying, especially if it will never see a road legally again.

heaps of falcons hit >300k easily, my dad has owned three that have accomplished this.
if youre buying a skid car an excel does not stand up against a falcon in any way

Auto will skid just as good as manual, chuck it in 1 and go.

are buddyclub wheels a rep brand simmilar to rota?

i have a set of rota grid looking wheels on my mx5, wondering out of curiosity

I am being charged $1400 dollars for a replacement set of 2 keys for an XR5 Mondeo. What should I do?

tell them to get fucked and go to a different locksmith

Nah buddyclub is legit

I rang up the dealership and asked them if it's realistically important to get done and tried to level with the guy about it and he said it won't affect the service interval I should have it serviced by. There's also a sticker on the corner of my windshield that I should have it serviced at 15,000 km or on the 5/10/17 (which ever comes first)