How do I fight a Redlight camera ticket?

How do I fight a Redlight camera ticket?

I got 3 (THREE) fucking redlight camera tickets for essentially rolling a right turn on red in some fucking shitty suburb in the middle of the night that I didnt even know had cameras.
There was no flash, no No Turn On Red sign, no warning of red light camera signs either.

$300 fucking dollars. They have video evidence of me rolling the goddamn red light, one was at like a crawl speed, another I was behind a car that was waiting for traffic to clear, and I drove behind them without coming to a complete stop.

The in person hearing auto picked contest dates in the afternoon. I work nights, and sleep during the day, so I cant even go there at 3pm.
They do not allow any form of rescheduling. Only option is to pay, or contest by mail.

Has anyone ever successfully beat red light camera tickets for this shit?

None of the rules, or regulations fall in my favor.

Yes, I fucked up, and yes I fucked up hard. Yes Im supposed to come to a complete stop before moving. Goddamn bumblefuck shit towns, goddamn red light cameras.

Illinois if that helps, all 3 from different towns.

Just don't pay them

Break the rules suffer the consequences m8.

Also

>2017
>living in a place with traffic cams

Go fuck yourself.

You broke the law, you know what you did is wrong. Now you have to deal with the consequences, because if you don't then you won't learn your lesson.

Doesn't matter what time of night it is, or where you are, you must obey the road rules at all times.

That's it goy. Keep paying the state official's salaries because you went through a light .2 seconds too fast

Third post best post.

Fifth post neck yourself

>le happy merchant mayday

Don't get tickets if you don't want to pay.

Not that hard

Cry harder you stupid fat fuck

>being this mad for getting called out on breaking the law

How pathetic.

>How do I fight a Redlight camera ticket?
by not running red lights

>breaking the law
Who fucking cares about the stupid fucking law you faggot bootlickers. Opee rolled through a light in the middle of the night and people act like he blew up a school bus

Get a ticket lawyer, for a traffic ticket will run you 100 bucks, but better than paying 500

>its ok to break these laws i don't car about

Order is the foundation of civilized society. Rules are rules. Follow them 100% of the time, whether anyone is there or not, or your complete lack of character will show that you are worth nothing to anyone because you are a degenerate who regards the public order and public morals with a flippant disregard fit only for the work camps.

It absolutely is ok dumbass. What was so abhorrent about turning at a red light .2 seconds too fast? Nothing at all

>No sign that said No Turn On Red
Well there you go, say that there isn't a sign that said no turn on red.

Are laws necessary? Absolutely. But it's fine to use a bit of discretion when you know it won't hurt anyone. I seriously doubt you've never gone 5 or 10 over the limit or broken some obscure penal code. Creeping through a right turn at night, knowing that there's nobody coming because you've already checked twice, isn't some horrible act against humanity.

You'd make a terrible cop.

He would, But he's not wrong. I speed in my car, but I can't get mad at anyone if I get a ticket. Only thing I can do is try to beat it or suffer the consequences, whether it be a fine or driving school.

this
and i'd like to add the fact OP said he got 3 tickets, op clearly never learned

Being a good guy means following the rules even if no one is looking.

There isn't a single person on this board with a license that hasn't broken any laws behind the wheel. Bunch of no-fun-allowed bootlickers in here, OP's only problem is that he got caught. We've all done stupid shit when we thought no one was looking

>$300 fucking dollars.
You are lucky they are so cheap there. It is $199 each time over here. Some school zones have cameras and the closest one to my neighborhood triggers 2 mph over the school hours reduced speed limit. It is $249 per ticket. So if you went 2 mph over, you'd have a ticket.

Do you think laws and fines never existed before technology

U mad son

It's simple. Get a lawyer to reduce all the tickets to parking violations. No points, no bullshit

>Has anyone ever successfully beat red light camera tickets for this shit?
For blatantly running a red light? No.

>None of the rules, or regulations fall in my favor.
No, breaking the law isn't in your gavor.

>Yes, I fucked up, and yes I fucked up hard. Yes Im supposed to come to a complete stop before moving
Yet you still think you deserve a break?

>Goddamn bumblefuck shit towns, goddamn red light cameras.
Not their fault you broke the law.

>There was no flash, no No Turn On Red sign, no warning of red light camera signs either.
First of all, why would it flash? Next, why would it matter if there was a sign or not? You didn't come to a complete stop. Last, they aren't obligated to warn you that there is a camera. That would eliminate the point of there being a traffic camera.

>Rolling

You don't. The law is the law. They write it to collect fines, not improve safety.

You were told the law in traffic school and that is your excuse. "But the law is stupid", true as it is, does not hold up in court. They have more guns than you. Life sucks.

The law is made for the benefit of the people who write it. They will enforce the law at any cost. They do not care about you, they do not care about the other people on the road with you. They care about themselves, their lobbyist buddies, and the nonprofits that shill for them every election so they can keep collecting enough government cash to keep them firmly in the upper class.

You can be the unabomber, you can rise to power, destroy america's current system of government, and become the next hitler, or you can shut up and take it up the ass.

Is this the thread where everyone on Veeky Forums is an uptight, straight lace nerd?

Fucking liberal

Don't break the law, and if you don't like them, change them. My city had all of its cameras removed because we decided to get rid of bullshit instead of continuing to get cucked.

>That would eliminate the point of there being a traffic camera.

to collect as much revenue as possible without having to vote in tax increases and levies?

democracy, fuck yeah!

>things the money will be used for:
>[ X ] executive salaries
>[ X ] salaries
>[ X ] salaries
>[ X ] PR campaigns
>[ X ] suing local businesses for not liking gays
>[ ] yield signs in dedicated right-on-red lanes

When only one state in the entire country can bring themselves to allow something as simple as letting a fag on the scooter ride between stopped traffic you shouldn't expect much

The best you'll ever get from US politicians is removing the cameras and watching accident rates go up again

You are still required by law to come to a complete stop, which I didnt.

If a cop was there, he would never bother to issue me a ticket, but a camera dont care.

I would like to argue that in court, but since I cant come in in person, I have to contest by mail. I have no idea what to do, look for some half ass loop hole, or ask for mercy.

I dont have to worry about points, its just $300. $100 each violation. A lawyer will cost more, but I will look into it.

they always flash at night. Chicago has signs everywhere warning for cameras.

That's how you have them double in price, and then get the boot.

What exactly are you trying to dispute with your novel of a response?

>they always flash at night. Chicago has signs everywhere warning for cameras.
Obviously not. Obviously it was a solid red. Obviously there was no sign. You broke the law and got punished, get over it. You said it yourself, it's a small town, not fucking Chicago. If I was the cop pulling you over I'd 150% give you a ticket. Why shouldn't you pay for endangering the lives of others?

You can't say "the law is stupid and the cops agree" and expect any sympathy. Because the cops are also subservient conservatives who believe that you shouldn't get out of your consequences if they were decided by a higher authority, so all you can ever hope for is not getting any consequences at all.

I speak from experience. They'll just say "you knew the law, you knew what to expect". You're a morally isolated autist in a world that understands you about as well as you understand them.

Oh, also, who gives a shit if it WAS flashing? You're still supposed to stop, so....?

I'm just bitching because I live in a country where minor celebritiies and lawyers are chosen to lead over qualified people.

Also, I share the land with idiots who say shit like this
>Why shouldn't you pay for endangering the lives of others?
Over yielding for a right on red instead of coming to the sacred and holy "complete stop".

Apparently lawyers are too thick headed to write a decent definition for yield and thought people would glance real quick and then drift around corners going 20 over the limit if the law merely said "yield to oncoming traffic".

Dont be a nigger
Just pay the fucking thing

>bitching about US government
>not defecting to russia and spreading superior government across entire world
>year of prime minister vladimir 2017

write on the tickets "dindu nuffin" and send them in.

Blacks get away with everything because people still feel bad for slavery for some reason

See, here's the issue:

There's people like you who don't stop at stop lights when they are supposed to. Sure, you yielded, and probably wouldn't have actually caused an accident, but you didn't actually stop when you were supposed to.

Now there's the people who don't yield when they are supposed to. The sign basically means skate on through, fuck everyone else to them. Sure, maybe the intersection can handle traffic safely if people actually decided to yield, but maybe it can't handle the traffic flow if people just skate on through.

No matter what way you cut it you ignored a clear traffic sign telling you to stop. It didn't say yield.

>I dont have to worry about points, its just $300. $100 each violation. A lawyer will cost more, but I will look into
You kind of do. Points makes your insurance go up

You could argue that because it wasn't a cop that saw you run the light and the cop didn't issue the citation then the citation isn't justified because an officer of the law didn't witness it and a camera isn't a cop

>The old "if we let you break that law then someone else would break your other law" song and dance

The real world doesn't actually work like that. Anarchy is a fantasy in every case. People don't break rules because they're there. They break them because they're ill suited for the situation, like unnaturally low speed limits determined by "within so-and-so feet of a church" type ordinances and red light cameras where yield signs should be.

If yield signs scare you that much, change the sign to "YIELD - 10MPH THROUGH TURN" and add a speed camera.

When you have red light cameras that keep catching people, but not preventing accidents, you need to stop giving out tickets and redesign your fucking road instead of playing judge dredd and saying "the law is right, you endanger lives if you break the law, lawbreakers are honorary niggers, bla bla bla".

red light tickets aren't reported to insurance. legally, it's on the same level as running over paid time on a parking meter.

Cops sign off on them. Which means they go through a stack of papers and stamp every single one.

say it wasn't you driving, you fucking moron.

your car can't get you a ticket when you're at home with an alibi, can it?

This is not legal advice.

1. There is no law saying how long a vehicle must stop at an intersection, or what constitutes a full stop.

2. The law simply states a vehicle must stop momentarily and then proceed with caution when turning right on a red light.

3. Does the camera show you have your brake lights on in the picture before you cross the white lines? Or after the white lines? (That road in particular is not marked very well and you might have thought the white line was further ahead because the city failed to maintain the roads.)

3. It's night time, you just woke up and are heading to work, you were taking extra care and pulling up further beyond where the camera can see, to make sure there were no drunk drivers running red lights. The camera did not show you stopped further, because it couldn't see it. Since it cannot see it, the ticket is hearsay.

4. It is easy to fight this ticket but you need to hire a lawyer, someone that specializes in traffic tickets.

It should cost you 50% of the tickets value or so.

>Cops sign off on them. Which means they go through a stack of papers and stamp every single one.
So fucking what. In new york many of these red light camera tickets get thrown out purely because a cop did not witness the event himself. Even if a cop signs it way later it doesn't count.

Look up exactly what the definition is and what is required of a valid citation

>people don't yield
>how to solve this problem: force them to stop
>result of right solution: "why gridlock? we need moar lanes, and self driving cars"

>how not to solve this problem: better driver education and putting officers on the ground to enforce road manners
>result of wrong solution: everyone is happy

>"road manners"

road manners means waiting in line and leaving early. grow up kiddo. it's not a race.

i bet you think lane splitting should be legal too.

in the united states you have the legal right to face your accuser

if you go to court to fight the ticket there is a chance that the person who reviews the red light camera footage wont appear in court and thusly the case MUST be thrown out
the other possibility is that they schedule every person who got a red light camera ticket to show up on the same day and the dude who reviews the tapes will be there to verify that it was indeed you who went throught the red light and broke the law

where i live (east cleveland) we voted aginst red light cameras because they were only in super low income areas and targeted the poor

thank your local mayor for that shit

Lane splitting is legal. Over taking in the opposite lane is legal

There's tons of legal things that probably trigger you because you're such a goody two shoes who never dindu nuffin right?

2 mph over sounds like an easy ticket to beat with a lawyer. And thats fucking ridiculus. I doubt the cameras are even calibrated to a high enough degree to register a 2 mph difference. Over a statistically revelant sample.

no they don't, nigs just don't pay them and that's how they end up with warrants

My city has two kinds of red light cameras

Ones that make sense in very busy intersections, that do NOT nail you for doing what's in OP's pic. These actually make the roads safer.

And ones for lights that people only run because they don't see them or can't stop in time because they're approximately 50 feet after a blind corner and partially obscured by a bridge. These don't do anything unless you count all the panic breaking triggered by people that have gotten a ticket before as a good thing. Think about it. People panic breaking for yellow lights right after a blind corner.

>ignored
whatever, you fucking faggot.

I blow red lights all the time in cars that aren't mine with my middle finger out the window. I hope I get a photo of it one day (good souvenir and story), but I never do, cause I'm smart.

>I'm so smart running red lights because there are no red light cameras and that means I'm smart

it flashes every time, faggot.

they literally can't ticket the driver because they don't know who it is.

you probably already ADMITTED it was you driving. Which makes you A RETARD AHAHAHAHA

enjoy your fucking ticket, faggot.

if you're panic braking for a red light after a blind corner, you were going to fast. Drive at a speed that enables you to stop in the distance you can see. Simple really

>they literally can't ticket the driver because they don't know who it is.
Clearly they did and do

It wasn't me actually. Car is in my dad's name. But that dont fly here, tickets are attached to the license plate, dont mater who was driving. registered owner is responsible.

only stupid people like OP.

but hey, someone needs to give money to the state so the smart people can profit.

I prefer 'fascist'.

>tickets are attached to the license plate, dont mater who was driving. registered owner is responsible.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

bullshit. you're just fucking stupid. admit it.

>you can avoid all camera tickets by ignoring the mail, and avoiding a summoner for 60 days after the violation, and the ticket gets dropped.
this is because the only way the state has to prove it was you driving, is if you admit it by LITERALLY paying the ticket.

It's not that they don't have time to stop, it's that they flip the fuck out because they don't want to risk going through the yellow. The light for the cross street already has a hefty delay on it so barely making it shouldn't cause an accident unless some fag in a mustang tries to peel out early (and run his own red).

This problem could be solved by straightening out the curve a little and relocating the lights to before the bridge but it's just not in the budget.

The ticket goes to the registered owner of the car. Its as simple as that. My friend was street racing like 8 years ago, and "got away" from the cops. 2 days later his brother, the registered owner if that vehicle was getting arrested for evading police. Same for any red light, or speeding camera ticket in Illinois. The cameras here dont take picture of the driver. The only way to fight that ticket is to have your car reported stolen prior to the offense.

No, but I would know that these damn burbs have cameras, and been fucking absolutely careful next time, and not gotten 3 fucking tickets in the same week

I dont live in a nazi point state.

That dont work in Illinois. Different rules.

In Arizona you can avoid all camera tickets by ignoring the mail, and avoiding a summoner for 60 days after the violation, and the ticket gets dropped.

This reeks of "AM I BEING DETAINED" sovereign citizen bullshit

>2 days later his brother, the registered owner if that vehicle was getting arrested for evading police.
lmao. such ruthless 100% made up bullshit.

why do you do it?

Did you seriously just write an assmad response to yourself because no one bothered to respond to you? Have you ever actually visited Veeky Forums before?

kys desu senpai

OP is FBI trying to control people with fear.

either thank me, or stay asleep.

You sound like Jesse Pinkman before he turned his life around

Something something, right to face accuser

Something something they have to prove you were driving the car

go to court and state that you did a right turn. its america senpai

>no No Turn On Red Sign

If there was no No Turn on Red Sign and you're in a state that has right on red, then you can use that to contest. As long as it's not posted, you can turn right on red.

What's with all the moralfags in this thread? I'm just gonna assume it's one samefag.

Anyway no it doesn't matter. Middle of the night and no cars on the road who tf cares if he rolls through the red light going right. You're a fucking idiot if you consider that breaking the law. I feel sorry for you OP you don't deserve that

What's so abhorrent about waiting those .2 extra seconds?

i.e. IM A FAGGOT

>rolling a right turn on red

So you are in the wrong. Pay the fines and stop acting like a nigger.

>2017
>not living in Florida

They're basically ruled unlawful here. Step up Illinois.

>When you have red light cameras that keep catching people, but not preventing accidents, you need to stop giving out tickets
No, you need to start handing out heavier tickets. How is people not stopping at a stop light and causing accidents evidence that a yield sign should be in place?

I hope you lose your license.

>to make sure there were no drunk drivers running red lights
Surely you mean GREEN lights, since pulling up past a red light to check for people running red lights is retarded.

>No, but I would know that these damn burbs have cameras, and been fucking absolutely careful next time, and not gotten 3 fucking tickets in the same week
You also could have avoided this by coming to a complete stop like you are legally obligated to do.

>speed like an asshole 24/7
>get ticket for going 94 in 55
>go to court to prevent insurance rates from going up (would've jumped from 125/mo -> 350+), ended up paying upwards of $750 over the total couple months on traffic lawyer, court fees, and driving school (one 8 hour class)
>old guy teaching traffic school is the most honest and likeable guy I've probably ever met in my life
>he was first hand in an accident caused by someone driving while texting and shit like that
>decide to take his words to heart, don't speed so much anymore, stop driving like an asshole in general
>haven't had road rage since
>haven't been in any accidents since (never caused any but previous ones I could've prevented by driving more defensively around people not paying attention)

Sometimes a ticket is necessary to shapen up OP, stop rolling through lights. Follow the rules of the road and you'll honestly be better off.

Still though fuck that faggot motorcycle cop that gave me the ticket. Pig nosed balding faggot.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. The law says you're not allowed to do it, yet you do it anyway then bitch about it. Grow up and be a man

is it ok to break the law if i'm super rich and it doesn't affect me?

Yea you can. You can do anything you want when you're rich. You can even fuck the entire economy up and the government will actually bail you out to save you and you get off Scott free

All these cocksuckers itt
>If a law is unjust blah blah blah
There are three sections of the law I have utterly no respect for and will routinely ignore
>anti piracy
>traffic law
>most drug law
Or anything else that to break would constitute a victimless crime

>230am
>driving home in my z with mate in evo following
>behind wrx
>he stops at red light at huge intersection
>we chop into the other lane, blast through all 3 red lights going WOT
>he races to keep up with visible hesitation
>proceed to lose him by taking 35 corners at 80, going the wrong way around roundabouts and blasting up the wrong side of a devided avenue
>make it home fine

If you know the area and what you can get away with without any risk, most traffic laws are pretty redundant

why such envy toward the elite?

Do you usually make up stories online?

Sweet. Nice anecdote. A friend of mine got smoked by a semi that thought it was going to do a rolling stop through a red light. If it had hit any further forward she'd have died. Are you going to tell me a yield sign instead of a red light would have prevented this?

Statists are simultaneously funny and sad people.

Did you stop first? Red right turns are like stop signs

And if it was a black guy doing it you'd be screaming about how niggers have no respect for the law.

>That's how you have them double in price, and then get the boot.

Not always. It's most likely a private company running the cameras, so at best they'll send you to collections where you just ignore it. If you aren't buying a house or car in 3 years and $300 is worth your credit getting slightly fucked, then go ahead.

Not an argument

Kek'd out loud

>WAAAAA I WANT MY TICKET REMOVED BECAUSE I ONLY BROKE THE LAW JUST A LITTLE WAAAAA

Eat shit loser, pay the ticket and try not to run red lights next time

Next time come to a complete stop.

Personally I'm aroused at the fact that you're poor and $300 is going to be a lot of money for you.

Why are poor people such shitty drivers?

Get one of these