Ridiculous shit buyers have said while looking at your car

>List car for $3000
>"So user, how much do you want for this $1500 car?"

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/6066998205.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>if it was a 4x4 I wouldn't let you leave
Mother fucker if it was a 4wd i would be asking twice the price.

Sum bitch actually kicked one if the tires, fat worthless piece of shit.

So what's did you tell him? I would've said something like, "I want 3k for this 1500 dollar car, if you know of a better one anywhere else for less money I invite you to take the road out of here"

>Will you take payments but let me run with the title for "insurance reasons"?

I think I laughed and said "if it was 4wd I would be asking 8000 and it would be gone already"

>first day putting car on craigslist
>beater honda civic
>yo dog is the Honda camry still available?

Bought a old Subaru that needed a clutch and engine work.
Fixed everything, car is mechanically sound and reliable as fuck.
>Has rare On-demand 4WD 5speed manual.
>List on CL for $1750.
>say in ad Wagon is sun damaged, shit paint, etc.
>Offroads like a champ
>get jewed for like $800 and such
>tell people to go kick rocks
>one dude really into old Subi hits me up, sees the car and knows its great, just ugly.
>sell it no problem

I hate people who undercut price without seeing or driving the damn car.

I refuse to sell to dumb fucks.

Damn u ripped that nigga off hard

>buying or selling from anyone other than a dealership

ISHYGDDT

>$7k for my shitty 2012 Honda accord towards a new $27k OTD Mustang GT with an additional $3k manufacturer warranty. AND nobody else has shit their pants every day after eating Taco Bell. Sign me up

>I hate people who undercut price without seeing or driving the damn car.
It's a ploy to get you to agree to a lower price to start with. Then when they do actually show up they start beating you up about the condition of the car and start negotiating down from the lower price you already agreed to. It's easy to combat, just don't take any offers without their having inspected the car and no need to get buttblasted by it it's just another tactic.

>Put 944 S2 up a couple years ago after the water pump cracked for a grand.
>Was still easily worth more but didn't really wanna bother with shit.
>Kid comes out, super jazzed saying he's gonna do it up and track
>has a nb miata that he put NOS in currently
>not even boosted
>nos isn't secured
>why.jpg
>"so about the price...what about 500"
>lolno, get out of my driveway
>"it's all I brought, can I pay the rest next week?!"
>leave right now, don't come back. List it back up for 1500
>two weeks later, he texts me and asks if I'll take the 1500 for it.
>sure. Don't fuck around.
>gets a tow to come get it, I offer to drive it up for him.
>says no he's got it. Burns the fuck out of the clutch driving it up the truck.

>On demand AWD
You mean the missile button?

Hi Shlomo Bergstein.

>what is haggling

Holy shit what kind of fucking autismotron gets this mad about haggling?

>car for sale for an ok price
less than others for same condition, a bit more than my bottom price
>guy is interested
>no price offer, hasn't seen the car, starts giving me reasons why the car is bad
WTF?

Coming and seeing the car and haggling is fine. I sold the Subaru for $1400, its the fags who call or text saying "will you take $XXX amount" without ever seeing the car is shitty.

Yup the shiftknob button was nice.

>implying I've ever sold a car
I drive my shit into the ground until the salt reclaims it to the earth.

>selling my 2009 civic 112k miles
>immaculate condition literally nothing wrong
>worth 10k on KBB
>list for 10.5k on CL, hope someone haggles me to a slightly lower price and we meet in the middle at like 9-10k
>get a call 3 days later
>ya dude I'm totally interested, how about I give you 4k for it
>m8 its worth 10k
>no its not its a civic everyone has a civic
>this civic is worth 10k on KBB and edmunds and NADA
>dude it doesn't matter I can get a civic literally anywhere
>ok then go find another civic if you don't like mine that is worth 10k
>its not even worth 10k dude! civics are like 4k
I'm so sick of retards on CL I really wish there was an easier better way of selling cars. Like a website that requires you to have an IQ of at least 90 to fucking buy and sell from

>2008
>4k
That's ridiculous. Two months ago I sold my 97 accord that needed a new tranny soon for 2.5k the day I posted it on Craigslist.

I'm not going to meet and see a car without knowing around what price you're looking to get

You got real lucky

I hate people that say that.
>ya dude I see other civics/corollas/econoboxes for 3k less than your asking price!

Then why the fuck don't you go buy from them?
Negotiation skills are bad.

Dude, you literally sound like my mother. If someone tries to low ball just say no and keep it moving, idk why you let small shit bunch your panties. What annoys me is when people don't respond after they seem so interested. They just come off as weird as people

Yeah I know. It had 215,000 Miles too. I told the guy about the transmission. His duaghter drove it and fell in love he said. He didn't even try to haggle. Bought it for 1800 4 years ago

>$1750
>for this literal pile of donkey shit
>someone actually dumb enough to buy it
He had to be black

Hnnnng. I need that car.
My subaru is rusty and that worries me

old lady shows up to look at my 96 single cab tacoma

complains about how dirty it is, how high the mileage is, the fact that my mom's belongings are still in the truck, and saying I'm asking for too much money.

Literally acts like she is leaving multiple times but doesn't leave. I never budge on price. $1800. It is rust free, everything works, and it needs no work. Literally the cheapest toyota tacoma on craigslist.

>come on, you wanna wheel and deal?
no. my price is firm, take it or leave it.
>would you let your daughter drive such a dirty truck?
oh, are you buying it for your daughter?
>my daughter is in heaven, the lord took her from me.
oh ok...
>I got $1000 cash you wanna wheel and deal?
no.

finally leaves after berating me for about 20 minutes. literally yelling at me outside my house in front of my parents who had been happily driving the truck for months.

sold the truck for asking price two days later to a hispanic dude.

I used to message people on craigslist with shit like this in hopes of getting a funny response. i might have a few more screencaps somewhere

>car listed for $10,000
>is cheapest one of that car within 500km
>people offer $8000
>"$10,000" is just too much for a pretty much brand new car user
>only other cars of the same make/similar year are $12,000-$15,000 with up to double the kilometers
Why the fuck do people do this?
It is already listed up to 5 grand cheaper than others that have 80,000km on the clock so why the fuck do they need another 2k off the price when it is already a massive bargain i just want the shit gone fuck.

This is why you always set the price above what you want. Either someone buy it at the higher price or people get to feel good haggling you down to the price you wanted.
Wala, win-win

list it at $12,000 and let people haggle you down to 10,000. People have an inherent belief that everything on craigslist MUST be haggled down or else it's not worth buying

No one even asks about it if i list it at 12k thats half the problem.
plenty of them sitting in a car yard for that price even if they do have more kilometers people would generally rather buy a car from a dealer it seems.

second option, put [PRICE REDUCED] in the title, and make it sound like you arrived at $10,000 only after having it listed at $12,000 and needing to make a more urgent sale

Actually a good idea i will try that

>sold the truck for asking price two days later to a hispanic dude.
Just another toyota the mexicans have claimed, you fucked up.

you really have to double down on the fact that people are retards who won't buy anything unless they feel like they're getting some kind of bargain

>selling my 96 E36 M3
>sedan 5spd in silver
Paint was pretty bummy but car has been replaced almost inside an out. Drove like new. Bought it for 3k
>list it for 9k
I did this soley for the keks
>"dude, Im interested in you car" blah blah blah
>the guy shows up
>literal vapenation fag
>tank top, long hair, baseball hat, hipster shades, A FUCKING JUUL PEN IN HIS POCKET
>herewego.jpeg
>Best I can do is 6k dude
>lol nah bruh. 9k.
>this fucking mongoloid bought a 9k car that was probably worth 4-5k, meme taxes and service included.

Some people are down right fucking retarded.
>used the money to fun a purchase for an e60 M5.

Yes, a 11k e60 M5 has been very reliable

Pls post responses

That would give me a strange room

Was going to post that that would be cheap for a decent m3 in my country then remembered burgers don't have real m3s

Truuu

Burger e36 M3s are lame. Only reason they did that was because the e34 didn't sell well so they thought the motor upgrade was useless. Until they began selling them

>wala

I've never sold a car, but I saw this earlier and it gave me a hearty chuckle. Should I message the lady and tell her it's a camry?
denver.craigslist.org/cto/6066998205.html

So if a car is advertised over blue book, would you still want to drive out to look at it before letting them know you're only interested in starting from a more realistic value? Provided with stats, of course.