The USA never got the Mitsubishi FTO

>The USA never got the Mitsubishi FTO
Why live?

What interesting cars did your country never get?

First gen Lexus SC. Looking at international ads right now, there are two listed here in the entirety of Germany (a country of 80 million people), two in Poland, one in Estonia and one in the US for export.

That's roughly the equivalent of 20 of them being for sale across the entire US.

Yeah, there's basically a SC300 or SC400 at every other corner car lot in the USA. Unfortunately they're seen as "ghetto rich" cars so most of them are abused to hell and back. They're usually around $3k for high mileage to $10k for a very good condition one.

>America never got a shitty fwd coupe
I'm sure they lose a lot of sleep over of it

But it's cute

and dirt cheap

Idk why but i like the cosmo.
I dont even care that its a rotary engine.

>wanting an FTO

Why not? A cheap car to throw around with decent looks and interior for a fwd

I'm with ya bud, they're beauts
And twin turbo three rotors

Because you could just as well buy a Prelude.

I FUCKING KNOW
Has anyone ever imported one? I see skylines all the time but never an FTO.

Nissan/Mitsubishi should do a remodel. The FTO has to be one of the most attractive cars Mitsubishi ever made.

WTF don't buy it pls pls pls

I have been eyeing this sexy beast for months now :(

I confess, the FTO LM from Gran Turismo made me want one. An AWD modded one though.

You mean the one in gt6? I fucking looooved that car. Not as quick as the competition in the straights, but I carried ample speed through corners.

There was an AWD version no?

Did they also make a Wanda?

ha ha ha ha ha kill yourself

Only in Gran Turismo and in my dreams.

It was in the original and got brought back.

Legitimately thought it was a JGTC Supra at first.

>we didn't get some random fwd shitsubishi
lel no one gives a shit

We got most of the cars from gran turismo and more, sorry burgers

>nz import laws
>basically import whatever

Yes boi. Pray emoji.

Forever in my dreams

When I first saw it I thought it was a mini supra. I like the lines on the fto much better though.

I haven't searched for any but I imagine it's a 6g75 or 74 and its totally possible.

>I like the lines on the fto much better though.
w-well what if i like both~?

Most of mazdas lineup

Dude DSMs are way better and came in AWD with a 4G63

Is there a way to get it to the states yet? Seems they are still 10k in japan. Or oki anyway

Usually quite a few Soarers for sale in the UK.

You clearly have god tier taste then. Have an AMG tuned Mitsubishi.

Lots of those and Soarers in Canada. LHD and RHD. 95% of them are riced to fuck.

The eclipse is a different beast. And the FTO is thread related.

Still the best luxury car ever made

>best luxury car ever made
i wouldn't say that but a 20B Cosmo is probably the only dorito tosser I'd ever consider buying.

I think the reason America never got the FTO was twofold.

1: We got the DSM triplets
2: We got the Mirage coupe

Between those 2, there was no room for the FTO in the US line up. It would've eaten into sales of both and made absolutely zero sense, especially as it uses a Mirage platform.

Two in Lithuania too.
People seldom use mobile.de outside of Germany.

How is it decided on what country get's what? I used to think the manufacturers decided that the car would't sell, but I find that hard to believe.

local demographics, local brand image, emission regulations, and safety regulations

If it shares a mirage platform, you could do an evo 6 powertrain conversion then. Thusly awd but not v6 awd. Though i know more people who can make power out of the 4g63 than the 6g75.

Though it does make sense to not compete with it's own brand.

Base model fto's came with na 4g63's, swapping a 4g63t would be easy.

There is profitability and sales cannibalism to think about too. One of the FTO's biggest competitors in the US would be the Eclipse. If Mitsubishi make more of every Eclipse sale they'd be dumb to sell the FTO in the US too.

If only we could get the Eclipse revived as the Eclipse FTO, combining tiny+second gen hood bump+total austerity for a love of nothing but go fast.