Tfw giant 80s shitbox fetish

>tfw giant 80s shitbox fetish

Fucking hell I want a Griswold-mobile. I want my kids to know the joy of cross country road trips in this beautiful machine

>full size station wagon
>shitbox

> are you Sarah Connor?
> runs over toy car

>wood paneling on the OUTSIDE of the car
absolute madmen designed this car

Thiiickkkk

I still dont know what ever made anyone think this shit looks anything but awful

I like it because it's like the carmaker was like "not only are we going to burn fossil fuel and ruin the air but we are also going to cut down trees that could help the air and put it on the outside of the car so you can see we truly don't give a shit"

It was a throw back to 40's cars that had bodies constructed of wood due to a steel shortage during the WWII.

well how about that, real neat-o. thanks history buff man

that's not a shit box, that's a land barge you fucking casual

It was a shitbox. Everybody hated them with a passion back in the day. They were the equivalent of a minivan today. And most people still do to this day which is why they'd rather drive a crossover because '''"ewww station wagon"""

>because '''"ewww station wagon"""

But ironically everyone drives wagons today because they call them "hatchbacks."

What is a hatchback but a midget station wagon

interesting thought honestly

90's shitbox fetish a best

just look at all that thiccness

mines the aussie spec 5.7 v8' she so thic

and dis

Not really. People like hatchbacks and they sell well in North America. Nobody's considers them a "station wagon". Most people see this and think "ewwww old people wagon" same goes for the expensive German wagons. They just suck it up and go with the crossover which is the same thing but less practical. Oh well, that's the way she goes.

See that? Too big to be a hatchback.
That's a wagon.
Focuses, wagons.
Subarus, wagons.

I know what you're getting at, the use of a "station wagon" being more similar to a "crossover."
Crossovers are just stylized minivans.
4 door hatchbacks are wagons.

That's a wagon despite the ultra edgy name. Focus's and most Subaru's aside from the Outback and Subaru SUV's are considered hatchbacks here.

>They were the equivalent of a minivan today.
The Caravan/T&C (which pretty much created the minivan) has been around since '84, station wagons were still very much a thing up into the 2000s.

>Focuses, wagons
>Four door hatchbacks are wagons
You dumb faggot, the Focus at one point in time had a 2-door, a 4-door with exactly the same wheelbase and body shape, and a wagon that was longer. Wagons have extended storage capacity behind the rearmost seats. If the boot is only two grocery bags deep, it's not a fucking wagon.

Oh I know they call them hatchbacks, its just marketing though.

They're fucking wagons.

Station wagons switched from body on frame V8 rwd platforms to car based wagons in the late 80's.

The Caprice you just posted survived until 1996 (along with the Roadmaster) in glorious V8, body-on-pig-iron burnouts and bodyroll format.

The switch you describe isn't specifically "wagons became smaller, front drive vehicles," it's "cars in general became smaller, front drive vehicles, thus the wagons built off the sedans followed suit" (except for weird stuff like the Olds Custom Cruiser). That's what makes the GM B-bodies and Ford Panther bodies stand out, they were the last of the traditional American car.

my 89 chevy

did somebody say 80's shitbox?

>that perfectly flat beltline going all the way to the back of the vehicle with big, tall windows all the way around
Out of everything I miss about older cars, this is definitely number one. I miss being able to turn my head and see EVERYTHING around me and blindspots that may as well be nonexistent.

It's missing the degenerate party mode back seats though. No station wagon is complete without them.

I always wondered if the 92+ Panthers could have worked in wagon form. I know at the time the GM B-body wagons weren't very popular at all (which doesn't faze my lust for an LT1-powered woody wagon at all), but I have kind of a hard time picturing a rounded aero Crown Vic wagon that doesn't just end up looking like a larger Taurus.

Doesn't look good homie.
This however..

I always ha a soft spot for wood paneled cars

>That's what makes the GM B-bodies and Ford Panther bodies stand out, they were the last of the traditional American car.

and dog bless, I love them for it.

I miss classic American car design

it's been done, actually

and wood grain trim, for that esquire look

Don't be an idiot, there are Focus wagons.

You do realize that wood is fake, right?

That's not a factory vehicle, right? They never delivered the Suburban with duallies, right? Do they at least dump the body on the truck frame so that it keeps the tow rating?

Now it just looks like a Roadmaster.

Might as well buy a Roadmaster.

Was about to buy a roadmaster as a daily. Ended up with a 750 BMW because the roadie was pathetic in terms of power. I still want one.

>Ended up with a 750 BMW because the roadie was pathetic in terms of power.
>giving a shit about horsepower numbers when you have room for seventeen, plasti-wood paneling, an actual hood ornament and enough torque to melt steel beams

It has them but I keep them folded into the floor. Except when doing hoodrat shit.

Gross.

Only good wagon is a box wagon

>tfw sold one of them
Now I'm down to only two

rear exle swap and add fender

yeah nah brah

>HURR I GOT MANLY DUALLIES NOW
>same tow rating as before

Wood panelling looks gorgeous and I don't care if anyone tells me otherwise

It's essential Americana. Classic American wagons look incomplete without it.

Tow rating would increase.

No, it wouldn't. It's hard coded into the vehicle papers. You'd have to take the truck frame and drop the Suburban body onto it. Not the hardest task in the world considering they all came out of the same parts bin at GM, but still. Bolt two more wheels on a Suburban isn't enough.

i love the kodiak burban

The GM parts bin is a bottomless barrel.

>What, we need a new medium duty truck and we can't use the pickup truck cabins anymore? Hacksaw bits off the Chevy Van and throw a full size hood on it!
Do it in reverse and you have a medium duty Express van. The only thing that's missing is a conversion van roof and captain's chairs for every passenger.

I'll buy one off of you. I'll give it a good home.

Never seen that before. Thats cool as shit.

GM stuff is a bit like LEGO's really.

It is a patrician's fetisch, user. Great taste.

thats fine

most people have horrible taste so youre in the majority

>tfw small 80s shitbox fetish

are you telling me that american's would really use fake stuff? Are you telling me American's only care about appearance? All style no substance?

Clearly you know nothing about americans. They're willing to pay those extra few dollars for the real deal.

I feel ya.

Not 80's but these are 2800lbs stripped with a V8 swap. Pretty badass for a wagon that size.

>tfw small 80's shitbox fetish

my nigga

I think you might be retarded

>Focuses, wagons.

But then whats a focus wagon?