Speed Camera Ticket

So I got nabbed by a D.C. speed camera and they sent me the bill of $200 for such a heinous crime of doing over the very appropriate limit of 25mph right on an off ramp of the highway with a quarter mile cross street-less stretch of 2 lane road.

Have any of you had any success fighting an automated ticket? These things are not for safety, only for muh monies. Why do we put up with this shit? The camera was in a spot that would in no way create a dangerous speed related incident, rather, a very convenient one as to maximize revenue generation.

Northern Virginian here. I fucking hate driving in DC. Thank fuck I don't work there.

If it makes you feel any better, I've got ticketed twice while parked in front of my own fucking house. Revenue-generating cocksuckers.

Ask for the camera calibration certificate. They'll drop it immediately.

It's ridiculous that I-66 still has a 55 mph limit in most places. Everyone just goes 70 anyways. West of Manassas it's bumps up to 65 so I go 80 lol

I bet you still get tricked by the speed checked by aircraft signs west of Man-asses as well

Lol. Did you check out that other thread where I mentioned that?

Nah, got a link?

>Man-asses
Also known as "man-asshole"

Filled with pawn shops and check cashing places

Don't forget the spics who've taken over Man-asses Park

It's dead. Couple weeks ago or something I just brought up how stupid that sign is because I used to live in the Gainesville/Haymarket area and would pass it frequently.

When I lived in the DMV I would take 66 to Front Royal and it was hilarious to see all the people believe in the sign and getting in the right while I'm passing by at 80

I bought my Lexus from a super shady lot in Manassas. Literally the only white person in there haha. Was skeptical, but one year later and it runs fine and only issue is cracked dashboard which is being taken care of by Pohanka.

>Front Royal
Always wanted to check out Skyline Drive. Is it any good for driving, or just a sight-seeing thing?

What part of Nova? I'm in Fairfax but holy fuck getting ticketed in front of your own house is on a whole nother level

Grew up in Centreville, moved to Fairfax, then Haymarket, Gainesville, and now back in Centreville.

I miss my old Fairfax apartment :-(

Been to Haymarket a couple times. It's real nice out there

Sure. I lived in a fairly upscale neighborhood and did the whole gated community thing, but it just felt so isolated out there. It's a real bummer having to drive 40 minutes just to meet up with friends in Herndon/Reston.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Haymarket only has one gas station (Sheetz)

Because of that it can get pretty crowded. I dig the walk-in freezer for beer shopping though haha

Skyline Drive is for sight seeing with speed limits that mirror the Blue Ridge Parkway, very slow
I recommend taking 211 through Thornton Gap near the southern entrance to Skyine Drive East of Luray, great touge road

Damn brah you got lucky, I wouldn't trust those fucking lots

Yeah I think I've been to that Sheetz. Driving around here sucks ass. Cops everywhere, roads are always clogged unless you go out at like midnight

I jumped on it because for that price, most were listed with over 100k miles and mine was only 72k. Maybe there's a catch, but I haven't found it yet haha.

The parking of this place looked like it was hit by a fucking earthquake, and there were two black dudes outside smoking and giving me the stink eye
>just don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact

>give you the stink eye
Fuck that shit, grit on 'em, fucking niggas apparently don't want your money, down in RVA they'll shuck and jive on those shady lots

>living in the containment city of DC

>Gainesville
Georgia? Florida? Another?

VA, there's more than two ya fucking goober

>living in rural America like a subhuman

>I bet you still get tricked by the speed checked by aircraft signs

Why do they even have these? Do aircraft actually monitor speed from time to time or what?

Might just be a deterrent for stupid people. I think Manassas has a small airport not far from there.

>like a subhuman

At least we dont have greedy city fucks here who try to rip off hard working people with camera tricks.

Where are my Mississippi bros at???

I actually have 2 tickets from aircraft...
Sucks because you just drive into an ambush not knowing that they already clocked you. Different roads and different years btw.

>Mississippi
>shitting on DC

Your state doesn't even have any professional sports teams you bum. By "greedy city fucks" you must mean highly educated professionals? Don't be salty.

I think he meant welfare sucking niggers, but honestly it's anyone's guess

what the fuck are they even doing watching from aircraft anyways? Such a fucking waste of effort and money.

Welcome to Ohio
Other than that it's a scare tactic, but if they do use them it's usually with like a single engine prop plane

You could fight that the speed camera was an infringement of your right to privacy, you'll technically be correct, as there was no indicator that there was a speed camera there and they took a picture of you and your car without your consent. The court will see this and dismiss your ticket as they don't want to deal with it. Works every time. You don't even need to show up, btw, just write a letter.

Why would the district set up speed cameras if they hadn't already analyzed the legality of it? This isn't exactly a new thing.

>Manassas
We have a staggering number of car dealerships and mechanics here, most are shit. We might even have a national record in that category. If you find a good one, ask for a referral if you need more specific work done.
Drive a little further down 15 and there's a 711 where 15 meets 234
Thanks for the rec. There's a few roads in Clifton that are a blast to drive if there's no one in front of you/ you get there early in the morning. Be VERY careful in there, deer lurk around and it's a "known area." cops avoid it because chasing will send either car into a ravine, but they do cleanup every biweekly crash that happens.
I saw a black focus that careened off a ravine trying to take a tight hairpin, I doubt the guy survived hitting more than 5 trees. Most recently
>be me, 2 weeks ago
>driving to work
>eurobeat blasting from speakers
>I love my commute
>2 cars ahead of me, suv driving slow and a corvette on his bumper
>make it past the double hairpins
>nightonfire
>get to straightaway, corvette moves to the left
>it cant be!
>he punches it
>THE MADMAN!
>passed just before an S curve
Heart was racing the rest of my ride to work. BTW I'm just getting into cars recently, where is a good meet in this area?

>where's a good meet in this area
Well shiet I moved away from NoVA about 12 years ago, but the only thing I've seen of note is Cars and Coffee in Great Falls IIRC, there's some serious money going and showing off at it, other than that I wouldn't know cause I'm in the 804 now

Used to get my Civic serviced at Joyce Koons Honda right off of 66. Not the greatest. Girl at the desk had a fucking attitude problem.

Only good thing about Manassas is it has one of two Checkers locations in NoVA. I'm a sucker for that.

>where is a good meet in this area?
No idea. I've always been too nervous to go to these type of things. Plus no one will give a shit about my autotragic Lexus :-(

>By "greedy city fucks" you must mean highly educated professionals?
No, there are a lot of perma-welfare cases that suck out a lot of taxes. Their parents were on it, and their kids are probably on it as soon as they get to 16 or so.

Let's meet at the clock tower and point at Indians