The LS engine is the god engine

>the LS engine is the god engine

Umm, no sweetie. As an engine its completely characterless. It doesn't rev very high, it sounds as generic as a V8 can possibly sound, and the only reason it's considered reliable is because of ubiquity of parts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b38rkT_PaHw
youtube.com/watch?v=x8kfCurbSFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eF10wb6eNiQ
strawpoll.me/12792017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But the generic V8 sound is good

What's your fucking problem, are you some sort of a fag or something

Friendly reminder that literally any European V8 (Jaguar AJ-V8, BMW S62 and S65, Audi 4.2, Merc M156 to name a few) sound far better than any LS engine.

This thread is shit

>It doesn't rev very high

8000rpm is a lot more than your bus or 40hp diesel revs to.

They all sound like tractors and put out pathetic power for their physical size and complexity. For every 600hp Euro V8 you find there's 500 V8's that were built at home in a garage that out perform them. And that's IF you can get the Euro V8 to start and stay running.

>questioning an engine's "character"
yuropoors will say anything to rationalize their cucked lives

yup the LS is average at best and no one with taste or skill swaps it into anything

though I disagree on sound LS is awful

>6700rpm redline stock
>Doesn't rev

kek thats funny because its the LS that sounds like a tractor

is that supposed to be impressive

I know old American V8s turned into wheezy useless anchors past 5000 but that doesnt make 6700 impressive

you aren't wrong

I suppose you're going to impress me with your redline?

>6700rpm
>does rev

youtube.com/watch?v=b38rkT_PaHw

Never knew tractors sounded so good desu.

nah

even my ancient early 80s truck engine redlines at 6200 lmao

real revvy getting another 500 in there over 20 years later

The 2JZ and the Ford Modular are faster lol

It's impressive for 7 liters and 200 year old technology. Impressive considering Japan thinks a 9000rpm V10 is the second coming of Buddha. Even more impressive is this 16 liter that revs to 8000.

That thing sounds like a V6 pickup truck but worse. You actually insulted tractors comparing them to that because a detroit 2 stroke sounds better than that 200hp piece of shit.

>8000

Lolcantrev

Japanese engines rev up to 20,000 rpm

>saving pictures from reveuro

its not impressive when its racing engines that cost more than an entire good car lmao

60s Euro V8s were hitting over 10,000 rpm anyway

didnt save it at all

at least thats a revvy engine

>shits on the LS
>Doesn't even own a car that can rev higher than it
>b-b-b-but muh race car engine!

>This assmad

sorry a LS can barely outrev a 30 year old truck engine despite being made for performance

the 1005 isnt an LS either lmao and its a race engine too so thats a fair comparison

Outrevs a truck that hardly had any emission requirements. Sad.

talk about irrelevant info

whatever helps you sleep at night with your Literally Shit engine

thing is garbage

You should try one. I mean, when you can actually afford something decent. Revs are fun.

yeah I know revs are fun

thats why I dont like the LS (that and it is one of the worst sounding V8s ever)

when it comes to driving they are boring V8s and nothing memorable

No they aren't on street cars, it just makes a barely usable power band that's a fraction as enjoyable under 99% of the conditions you actually drive in. Source: someone that's actually driven lots of both ends of the spectrum.

>(that and it is one of the worst sounding V8s ever)
youtube.com/watch?v=x8kfCurbSFQ

7:28

Well i certainly enjoy it more than my old 4.6 sohc which is like 5700rpm. Would it be worth swapping the LS2 for an ls3? I read they are more revvy than the 2 in terms of response.

WHY DID ANY OF YOU RETARDS REPLY TO THIS? YOU ARE ALL JUST AS MUCH TUCKING CANCER AS OP
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

yeah that just sounds like trash

no note or tone just trash

>t. assmad europoor

Ok but why do you need revs tho, it makes power everywhere

The taste of freedom is too strong for some I guess...

youtube.com/watch?v=eF10wb6eNiQ

your freedom is covered in shit its cool that you enjoy sucking on it but I dont like it

sorry but being loud doesnt make your car sound good

maybe once you get some taste and or grow up you will realize

True, LS engines are better than those Diesel engines, the main difference is that we don't put those Diesel engines in our sports cars
Americans only care about the power figure, the engine is just a piece of plastic under the front hood.

>the LS "motor" is best sports car engine in the world. Lucky GM that overhauling a truck engine is also the cheapest way to get a high power output
Plis Just don't

...Yet you probably praise Porsche when they're just using airplane engines...

yet the V8 was first used in aircraft and the first flat 6 was in a car

btfo user

Comparing engines on their redline is ridiculous, it's like comparing them on the shape of the cam cover, it's not enough information to make any kind of judgement.

The most fun engines for the street are ones with big displacement, huge power bands starting way down the RPM range that can stay in the power band as you shift even if you don't completely wring it out. Also, anyone that doesn't think an LS or SBF with a monster cam sounds great hasn't heard one in person.

>b but my favorite youtube video!

your shit taste isnt fact

that's true, but it's a sports car, it's suposed to feel right when driven on high rpms.
And if it's all about a real life driving what's the point of it being NA then? Or even petrol.

You only need the high rev throttle modulation if you're racing on a track down to the second. Low and mid end torque AND hp are more useful in the real world. A 7l 800hp V8 is going to feel right regardless of rpm's.

Porsche is all about the 10/10 build quality, handling and reliability.The engine is not a master piece, it just does the job. Maybe their V10s and some GT versions were...

That's my point, if it's just to "feel right" why not turbo engine? Or even a Diesel?
A lot more of low end than a LS, maybe even a 7l v8

>As an engine its completely characterless.
bullshit

Old LS have tonnes of character

Because I'd drive a steam tractor if I wanted all torque and no HP. 400lb/ft and no HP from a small diesel and 400lb/ft WITH 400+Hp are two completely different things. Diesels feel like pigs accelerating from a roll or on the highway.

Yes but what about hp, torque, weight, and containing boost?

You know, shit that matters.

They'll never understand. Though I'd be asshurt too if my "engineering marvels" got utterly decimated by a bunch of parts bought online and thrown together in some guys garage.

WHY ARE YOU IDIOTS REPLYING TO THIS

??
Do you even Diesel? You sure are American
BMW 550d? Porsches new V8 Diesel?
>420hp
>850NM
Enough to get a 5tonne Panamera 0-60 in 4.2secs. That's also quick for LS standards

i like ls

???

trolling is fun

straya

The only thing decimated by an LS with online bolt ons mounted by a dude in a shed is a head gasket or a rod

Yeah I like Diesel, In my work truck. Your shitty diesels that don't even make NA big block torque don't impress me. All that "engineering" and the eqqplant is barely faster than a big ass Escalade.

mfw pickups with ricer mods make more whp than more high end European "sports cars".

I like how you can only think numbers instead of actual performance
sad

to keep op mad duh

You can go on youtube and find a million video's of glorious American V8's destroying literally anything on the planet. You euro's just don't understand the scale of things here. We have 16 year olds driving xxxxhp Vettes here... Don't post pathetic engine specs and expect them to not be ridiculed.

This is shit tier bait and OP is still a faggot

why do you care about Europe so much lmao

Im American

youre just a cringey faggot

you still cant see anything other than numbers ya underaged bench racer

What are you supposed to compare then? Pokemon cards?

Why not has your daily? I daily a 435d
>320hp
>650NM
>4wd
>0-60 4.7
>60mpg
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a sports car, but it sure does feel powerful in real life driving.

get a car
that would be a good start for you

if youre even old enough to drive legally

nah user that is slower than a V8 because its not a V8

this guy is like kids I had to deal with in elementary school lmao

>I daily a 435d
kill yourself

>Big Block
>Escalade
>Big Mac
America

Stay mad pushcuck

It's beautiful isn't it?

LS lover here, i don't dispute this claim.

There is one thing you can't dispute though. For cost/performance and PHYSICAL PACKAGING it's great.

Yes, there are other engines like 2jz/barra but they are far bigger to physically fit in a car you're trying to engine swap.

LS gets the job done, cheap.

>an engine is faster

why are tripfags so stupid?

Stay assmad there are no LSengines running the quarter in 5 seconds GM fancuck

>tripfag
Hello reddi.t

>people talking about stock engines specs
>pathetic engine specs
All he talks about is how modified v8s get 1000hp, how 12 are you?

LS hasnt accomplished shit though

its just the tasteless poorfag goto

you stupid nigger i'm on your side making fun of the LS

might have to change sides considering how fucking stupid you are, not knowing the difference between an engine and a car

Because a small block is the wrong tool for the job. Move to Europe if you want to be a displacement cuck.

>He belives people refer to the car and not the engine in the promod scene

Lol how red.dit

Did he even say anything about the LS? Pretty sure he just called that stupid trip out for his idiocy.

strawpoll.me/12792017/
VOTE UP
LS FAGS NEED NOT APPLY

How can you people still not spot an Alphonse thread?

kek even the 2JZ has hit 5 seconds though

Nice damage control

Stay assmad the LS cant compete

Fuck off, you are just proving him right. You are so stupid you think there's just an engine to a car, as if aerodynamics don't play a part, or suspension.

So fucking dumb and now you're trying to backpeddle. Even those of us who were baiting with you about LS faggots find you a moron, detrip you cancerous piece of shit.

Sorry for trying to look at things as an "enthusiast" Go drive a regular car like a normal sheep cuck then. I didn't realize this was a cantoneese hypermiling forum.

>make valid points about a product
>'m-must be alphonse!11!'
kys

Its successor in the Cadillac DPi is dominating races.

>aaargh! i just know it's you!
can't believe they're this obsessed with me

>Promod
>Aerodynamics or suspension

Lol, do you think top promod teams dont run the best bodies and chassis?

It's fat.
I do love a lumpy American V8 in classic car, they had a glorious time in the 60s and 70s, but 50 years later you should have already moved on
But who can blame GM, while there's fanboys like you they will always sell and that means not developing a better engine

It's already capable of making more than supercar power reliably. It doesn't need to get much better.

/bus cuck general/? /bus cuck general/

Hello /b/, how do I get qt girls to sit next to me? And how many $500 and an afternoons will it take to LS swap a MANUAL Honda Civic drift car? Asking for a friend.

People only like it because it's compact enough to put into any meme car

Im an assmad GM fangirl; the post

An enthusiast isnt a child who only cares about power figures and compares them like dick sizes.
I'm the kind of guy who would keep a stock 2jz or an rb26
An enthusiast would also recognize what a good daily should have and what a fun car should be, and having a 3000hp engine isn't one of them

Unlike your mother. Who is fat.

>defending autotragic
Cuck.

t. pushcuck

They're GM fangirls, can't blame em

>reliably
Yeah I mean you can rely it's going to fail soon.
Protip: reliability != cheap to repair

>comparing homebuilt to factory engines that have to comply with emissions, warranty, insurance, noise, packaging, costs at a large scale, how it works with other components like transmissions, etc

A car is literally an extension for your dick. Other wise you'd drive a smart car or a Prius.

A literal small penis cuck