Hey all, I'm about to start working as a salesman at a Honda dealership...

Hey all, I'm about to start working as a salesman at a Honda dealership, and I don't really know anything about cars or selling cars for that matter. Any tips for a newbie starting out in the business?

have you tried not being a faggot?

So you have no idea what the fuck you're doing or what the fuck you're talking about? I think you'll fit right in just fine.

Just be honest, most people will appreciate it if you are genuine. We all know when the salesman lies you aren't fooling anyone.

Just know what they are looking for and pray to credit gods and loans so you don't have to deal with shittypeople as often.

This

Went to two different dealers with one where some obnoxious Haitian guy who tried to get me to buy a car on that day.

Other dealership this guy was nice and chill as we had a conversation about cars and he never brought up trying to sell me one.

You'll burn out before long, don't bother.

>you'll 'work' all day for zero pay
>you'll actually spend an hour or two in your 12 hours talking to customers
>they will sit in a thousands cars and ignore your questions
>you will waste hours after they leave getting them information and calling them endlessly
>they'll spend a month jewing you convinced the desk is holding out
>they'll buy it from another dealer after two months waiting because the advertised priced was $100 less even tho they got raped in the finance box
>they ones who do buy from you will hound you endlessly about any tiny issue that happens YEARS after the fact
>you'll hate yourself
>you'll hate cars

And that was as someone who fucking lives for cars loved being in new models all day... it sucks... worst job in the world. It's not what it was.

The 'relaxed' guy was working you just as hard as the other dude, it's just a different tactic.

If a salesman is talking to you, he's soul focus is making the sale. That's how we feed our kids.

Forgot to add
>you can make $100,000 annually once you build your customer base up for a few years

In the end you have to decide over your soul or the money.

>you can make $100,000 annually once you build your customer base up for a few years.

I see this happening first hand, one of the senior salesman has been in the business for 16 years and makes $200,000 annually. He's muslim though so I think that really helps him keep a huge customer base.

What's the typical take home for each car a salesman sells?

$100 for a lease buy out, $75 dollars for a bare minimum purchase. If you're able to sell above sticker price, you get a proportionate bonus. I think I'm too honest to be in this business, but I gotta pay rent somehow.

>$75 mini
Wtf? I'd never work anywhere with less than a $150 mini, it's not worth your time.

>commission only starts over sticker
The fuck?!? Commission starts on anything over what the dealer will pay for it.

Either you're a moron getting taken advtage of at a shady place OR you're talking out ya ass.

Enjoy doing a totally useless job. Buying shitboxes new should be simple as selecting exactly what you want online, applying for financing, and going to the lot to pickup your delivery. Car dealerships are fucking ancient and need to go. You're selling disposable mass produced crap.

Damn, you gotta sell 10 cars a week to see a decent check?

RUN VINS FOR US

I understand your sentiment, but the finance manangers at a dealership make 6 figures. This one guy is making 190k a year and he's only 20 years old.

I used to know this guy who worked front desk at a popular hotel chain. I guess one of his regular customers he was cool with tipped him off to a job at Aston Martin, and now he's selling cars for them. Says he gets to drive Aston's all the time and even takes them them out on his lunch break lol

ask them why the fuck they want to charge me 165 dollars for a 50 dollar harmonic balancer.

speak for yourself I don't have kids but instead a fat trust fund

I do this shit for funsies my nigga

Do me a favor and ask that receptionist why she's such a cunt. I ask her a question and gives me a look like I pissed in her Cheerios. So happy I have a Lexus now and get treated like a boss by the service department.

>He's muslim though so I think that really helps him keep a huge customer base.

what did he meme by this?

Speaking of this, the sales staff at my local Lexus dealer are all Indian/Muslim-looking dudes. Why did they all choose to congregate into this profession?