Post Your Daily

ITT: We post our boring, reliable, economical, daily drivers + We say one good/one bad thing about them.

>2013 Focus sedan
>auto slushbox is 'nice' for Houston clusterfuck traffic
>it has less power than a tiny little hatchback and has a 0-60 time of 'eventually'

Nice. '13 Focus sedan too, but with a 5-speed.

'09 Focus 5spd
>gud - mpg
>bad - could use another 100hp

i get 29 city / 41 hwy, how much you get?

Nice! This was my first Auto, always been against them as 'lazy' etc etc.

But after driving in London rush hour for years in a manual, then Houston rush hour in a manual, I was ready to be able to drive home with one finger and one toe.

When I find myself on a windy road while out for lunch? I regret the auto.

When I'm driving home at 11pm and I can hardly stay away, and it's stop and go traffic?? God fucking damn I LOVE that auto.

Plus it makes hauling ass in a manual all the more enjoyable.

I'm jealous of you guys. I didn't properly think of shit and went with a "fuck it do it all" hot hatch as my dd and fun car. I should have gone cheap shit box for dd and less cheap shit box for fun. I get 26ish highway and pay 40 a fill up with 93 (hurray turbos).

>Fiesta ST

>good: mpg, handling
>bad: it's a slightly dressed up econobox

God tier EP3 Civic Si.
>Reliable
>Fun
>great mileage

Tuned G37
>somewhere between very quick and fast
>19mpg avg

97 Celica

>1.8 engine slow af. slowest car i've ever driven
>still fun to drive and own. Get plenty of compliments and never have to fix anything

I almost made the same mistake, it was my need for a Auto that saved me.

Nice, the fiesta is a little too small for me tho. I'm 6ft and the focus is about as small as I can go.

Now that's what this tread is about son, cheap and reliable!

>not reliable
>not economical
Plz leave

I've never owned a Celica, always fancied the look of them. hows the MPG?

Nice rebadged Nissan

Right around 40 mpg, it takes forever to run out of gas. Actually just made an 1800 mile trip across the country in it last month and squeezed 400 miles out of every tank. I hate the wheels though, they came on the car when I bought it. Previous owner had awful taste in aftermarket products

15' Focus RS
Fucking blast to drive everywhere
Little loud with aftermarket exhaust

this

#

always loved the side profile of that car

-------------------------------------------------

>2014 corolla le eco
> toyota valvematic for MUH EMM PEE GEES
>engine literally screams at you at anything above 3k

>tfw no topaz blue bmw

>VQ37VHR not reliable
I have grave news for you user.

>Not economical
lol u rite

08 Charger SXT

>Good
I paid $2k for it.

>Bad
All bark, no bite. I did invest a little in it (k&n intake, aftermarket catback exhaust, "performance" rotors, calipers, and pads) so it's an alright daily.

Getting a 2013 Veloster Turbo soon.

Its actually Le Mans Blue :^)

2007 Focus base
37mpg avg
Not fast by modern standards, but still very fun

>1999 Integra (bumpers are from a 94-97)
>Good: Manual is fun to drive even though it's kinda slow and it handles pretty well and I can abuse the shit out of it day in and day out and it just keeps going. I give it ~10 minutes to warm up then it's just WoT and redline shifts everywhere.
>Bad: Loud inside due to almost no sound deadening from the factory and tons of interior rattles.

D A T is another thread

Stupid iPhone takes pictures that appear right side up on my computer then show up upside down when uploaded.

2011 Ford Focus

>good - very reliable I haven't had 1 problem
with it the 6 years I've had it
>bad - plastic interior makes noise

forgot to add

>good
-it's pretty cheap to own. much cheaper than my old bmw or audi.
-mine's a very nice color. i like it, atleast.
-midengine layout makes it interesting
-has a fuckload of trunkspace with the 2 combines

>bad
-interior is fucking cramped
-its not short people friendly, or tall people friendly. I'm kinda short, so i have to have the seat fairly forwards and it makes stepping in and stepping out a fucking nightmare. (this is honestly what annoys me the most)
-no aux from factory ofc but i can add it with a cable.
-rear plastic window in soft top is yellowed.
-my car alog with the 996 is known to grade its engine because of the IMS issue. especially lower mileage cars. like mine.
-stock exhaust is too quiet, cutting the muffler out makes it too loud.
-stereo sounds like fucking SHIT because there are only speakers infront of you, and not a single thing behind.
-gets a lot of unwanted attention sometimes, normies think im loaded and i really dont like that.
-my car and 996 are known to have shitty 2nd gear syncros. mine has them.
-its honestly not that fast.

thinking of selling it and getting an old lightning.

Did someone say cheap and reliable?

...oh who the fuck am I kidding. This thing is a 1991 and things are wearing out left and right.

Nice. And agree on the wheels, kinda ugly and do not suit the car at all.

You could prob sell them to some dumbass kid for way too much and get a decent set of something more understated.

>40k for a focus
>slower than a 2k Honda with 8k of parts.
I hope you're lying, coz if not you're dumb as fuck!!

I like your style! Always avoided BMWs coz they are too hard for me to work on, but with newer cars it hardly makes a difference, they so fuckin awful to do anything with.

I miss the the 90s

Bet cops don't look twice at you.

>still as reliable when tuned
I have grave news for you user. All tunes develop gremlins and die eventually. It's not an 'if' it's a 'when'.

How'd you get that for 2k?!

Salvage title?

Plz don't get a velostoaster, they look like shit and are driven by hair dressers.

There's a reason it's been the most popular car in the world a few times over bruh, focus daily represent!

Nice man! Like ya style, tho a rattle would drive me insane the amount I drive daily.

>2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
>10mpg avg city/highway with how I drive it
>nobody cuts me off
>thumbs up and rubberneckers everywhere
>can pass people instantaneously on the highway
>if I'm stuck behind someone slow, the people in the next lane will assume I want to pass, and they give me room

it's great Veeky Forums

>cheap to own
Lolwut?? Even when things start to go wrong?

>all those cons
Yeah, sounds like a fuckin awful daily.

a e s t h e t i c < 3

>fell for that overpriced meme
How's it feel when your $65k boat gets walked by a $10k used mustang with a few bolt ons?

'13 Chevrolet Impala LT
>pros - comfort, space, doesnt feel cheap like most newer cars, good on gas for a full-size sedan, peppy for a full-size sedan

>cons - 6T70 6sp auto is the biggest piece of shit transmission in any car ever, literally every fucking thing is electrical. EVERYTHING. rear defroster only half of the fucking window. terrible rear legroom for a full-size sedan.

Nice

>rear defroster only half of the fucking window
The fuck, you're kidding?? How can they even think that's a good idea?

>not as reliable when tuned

Not entirely true. All it needs is a more aggressive maintenance schedule. It also have supporting mods like oil cooler, oil catch can, and gauge hijack for knock warnings and AFR meter. 8k miles on tune and as far as I can tell no ill effects.

tuned =/= abuse

redneck detected.

Get that piece of shit mid-life-crisis mobile outta here. Get a fucking life you trailer trash.

It wouldn't get walked by a $10k mustang with bolt-ons. But I imagine you're just exaggerating.

It could get walked by a $20k mustang with a blower and bolt-ons though.

It could also get walked by a $7500 motorcycle.

At the end of the day, I still have a hellcat, so I don't give a shit.

I am not fucking kidding. it only covers the bottom half of the fucking window. and thats the half i dont fucking need because of the god damn spoiler.

GM logic

>dubs
*has

I'm 25, white, and live in a middle-class suburb. I work as an engineer. Nothing redneck about it.

Did I trigger you lil guy?

the only thing you triggered was my fagometer

Fagometer? Who's the redneck now?

You can do better than that. C'mon. Tell me what you really think, champ!

the thing is i haven't had that many things go wrong, and when they have it hasnt been too expensive

i'll also add even more cons i forgot to mention

>my car wasnt optioned with PSM, so it has no traction control
>open diff
>doors rattle
>fuel gauge sender is known to eat shit and i dont know when the readings are false. so i just keep filling it.

my niggas

>auto slushbox is 'nice' for Houston clusterfuck traffic

i live in houston also, and this is the worse fucking transmission for stop and go traffic, its bogs the engine and shudders at 0-20 mph all day long. would of been a good car but the DCT makes me want to rage

>assblasted v6stang owner detected

if u have such a cool car why do you feel the need to brag to people on an anime board

>arguing about a car on an anonymous burmese crocheting forum

please shut the fuck up

Get back to me after 50k bro, we're talking reliability here. 8k ain't shit.

Hope you're right tho, that would be a fun daily.

>at the end of the day I still overpaid for a brought-not-built POS that will get walked by every 25 year old in their first build
Congratulations fraggot, I bet you impress all the other faggots in the gay club with your fancy car!!

>surbuban kid in a pussy job
No wonder you're trying to compensate with the shitty overpriced midlifecrisismobile

Not him but i really think anyone who buys a new car especially the worst of the pony cars is a huge faggot that is part of the problem

>this much asshurt

top fucking kek man

>laughing at beta faggot falling for new marketing
>'asshurt'

Ok kiddo, whatever helps you sleep at night

holy shit shut the fuck up. people drive different cars grrr angry

I'm jelly

I have a 2016 sxt. My goal is a white scat pack when I can afford it.

challengers are just too fucking great, plebs can't understand.

>being this new

nigger, faggots have been doing this since the dawn of this board. piss off.

I like Dodges, but I'm stupid and broke so I only go off of what I see and hear. What made you pick Challenger over other muscle cars?

Pretty sure I just posted my daily driver and what I like about it.

It just happens to have the entertaining side effect of pissing off weebs.

I'm following the """""""""""""""severe maintenance schedule"""""""""" so hopefully its got another 5 years. By then im hoping to do a full engine build and Stillen SC kit. It is going to be my garage queen.

>why do you feel the need to talk about a car on a board dedicated to car talk

a beta faggot that drives a hellcat

>other muscle cars

Challengers are the ONLY muscle cars being made today.

You'll love the scatpack if you get it. They're great.

It was either this or the zl1 or a '17 grand sport vette. All in the same price range pretty much. Ended up getting a great deal on the cat, and in the area I live it's rarer. I prefer the retro look a little more than the Camaro, but it's still a great looking pony.

>this much projection

salty poorfags never disappoint to amuse

>2012 Ford Focus
>Pretty nifty looking car for a cheap, economy car
>Really bad acceleration

2003 Honda Accord

>21 city
>34 highway

it's good

>projection

a) not the user with the hellcat
b) saying "projection" doesn't make any sense, projection would be if I were insinuating you're a "beta faggot" for the car you drive because I can't afford the car you drive
c) you can insult the dude all day, he drives a fucking hellcat, he probably doesn't give a single shit

oh i though he was another dude, not the hellcat owner. simple mistake

1998 corolla
nice: handling, mpg's, manual transmission
not nice: old, slow, has scratches. Have to check oil every 2 weeks or so.
The new ones are geared so fuckin low too! My mom has a 2011 corolla and it's super loud inside on the highway. It's at 3k rpms in fifth at I think 65 mph, where mine doesn't hit 3k until you reach 80 mph.

impressive how 1 car can derail the whole fucking thread.

ugh. i hate this board.

not a good DD by any means but here it is

It used to be that shitposts were contained to actually posts and could generally be filtered out. Now people are shitting up the posts of others and it is AIDS.

'90 camry, i4, auto

>the gud

pretty good mileage especially on highway, only fill her up about twice a month

comfy interior

no rust or paint problems because california, minus the occasional inevitable scratch from age

157k miles

decent sounding engine for what it is (IMO)

>bad

FUCKload of steering play

interior buzzing/rattles when accelerating, gradually deadening them, but still

"door" option on dome lights doesn't work, front passenger lock doesn't work

no tach and i'm autistic about gauges

cracked right taillight lens and steering column cover is held on together by a single screw, so it's open on one side

did they even sell camrys in manual? I dont think I've ever seen one

>reliable
HA.

KyAnon, its me again, the former supershitbox Focus. I've ah, upgraded. We'll have to meet up soon ~

my 2008 volvo c30
>260hp/300ftlb tq
>21mpg

Pros
>that fuel consumption ( 70 mpg highway )
>still modern somewhat
>them seats

Cons :
>lolnopower without a remap
>diesel so it rattles af

This is not my car since it's snowing af outside and i'm not going out. Snow in april.

>2015 Focus
>great mileage, gets me where I need to go. Can throw it into turns and it'll take it
>kinda slow, wish I got an ST/manual

I think they've fixed the DCT with the post-facelift. I have a slushbox and I've only had it shudder once or twice. I've also heard of people throwing a drop-in filter and it helps response and removes shudder completely; might give it a try.

the first two generations in the US came with a 5 speed manual until 1991 IIRC, later generations had manuals only in the lower trim levels

+everything
-speakers are positively worthless

I drive uber in the wekends for some extra cash, in good weekends I can catch several consecutive +2.0x fares, pocketing myself $150 of so per night. But after many hours driving in the city my clutch leg gets sore and I wish I got the automatic instead. Sometimes I miss the clutch and grind the gears because my leg got numb for clutching in and out so much. But sometimes I can blast down some country roads, taking curves like a mad man and I feel it's worth it. it might be a little heavy and only 160hp but it's the fastest car I've owned and doesn't handle bad at all. Maybe I'll be a ble to afford a GTI or a MX-5 once I sort my life around.

>it's fun to drive
>the engine could go at any moment

>2008 Chevy Equinox
>it runs
>it's so boring that driving it really makes me appreciate the FD sitting in my garage waiting for me to have time and money to fuck with it again even more

already have a drop in filter, doesnt really do anything other than make a cool noise. it still seems to be a problem on newer models just not as common as on the pre update

my nigga
92' 1.6 16v + LPG
>comfy
>good condition for that mileage and age
>cheap ass LPG in my shithole
>slow af = my first car
>great gearbox and handling
>she's beautiful imo

LPG? How does that impact performance?

Ofc its little bit slower, not much. You can barely feel the difference. In addition Im trying to not go over 4k rpm using it

Noice, esp with the gold rims.

Hows the handling in that? ive read that they feel like a heavy boat.. Still nice color though!

Mine, Opel Astra OPC 2014, 280hp,295 lb-ft

+side
>Fun to drive
>I like blue
-
>16-20 mpg when "spirited driving"
>giant fucking radius on the doors

Ha the reaction image got me with that one LOL

One day there will be an Veeky Forumshi/o/ meet

Since this is a cheap and reliable thread would I be better off getting a brand new fiestaSt? I can't find any blue ones near me that are used and priced well? Help guys

I'm so jealous. I've been looking for a Civic si everywhere and there's nothing near me. Nothing affordable at least. May also get a Golf GTI or maybe a Focus SVT.

The sticky is so perfect, those really are the best 3 daily driver hatchbacks.

>tfw driving a manual V6 2014 mustang
>tfw seeing an 07 manual civic with 70000 miles for $3.5k
Holy shit it's tempting

The guy needed to pay off someone I guess. I talked him down from 3500.

And I like the design of the Veloster. It's different and after a tune, it's a pretty damned good daily driver that's a mix of efficient and fun. The Turbo model, that is.

Backup daily
E32 750

turbo carolla. might be a meme car but I love this car

>gud
Fast
>bad
Anything else
>switching from a charger to a veloster
quite the change of direction there
desu I'd prefer the charger even if it's slower

2001 Lexus IS300

>not boring
>not economical

you fukken pimp

Here's me getting stuck in the snow and missing work for two days.

'14 Mazda6GT

Good: decently comfy, lots of safety and neat features, gorgeous

Bad: door cards rattle with any bass, get 31 instead of 40mpg highway due to speed

oh and beside that

14 Mazda3 iT
Good: 38mpg at 73-75mph
Bad: Cloth seats began fraying the first year