/emugen/ - Emulation General

mudlord is a fucking clot edition

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-5-0-released/
discord.gg/33bkj
wiiu.titlekeys.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Target specs for emudevs should be machines no newer than 2007.

Sorry, no turtle this time.

best android emulator for PC?
google turns up nothing but top ten lists and shitty proprietary software

Dualbooting into RemixOS.
Or set up a RemixOS VM.

sounds good.
i just tried some of the cancer nu-software from the wiki. made my computer feel disgusting.

is there a safe place to get official apk files?

>blueMSX is cycle accurate with very high compatibility. Unfortunately, it hasn't seen an update in years.
>openMSX is open source and in active development. In recent years, it has surpassed blueMSX in terms of accuracy.

true still? how can this be if bluemsx is cycle accurate anythow

>true still? how can this be if bluemsx is cycle accurate anythow
openmsx has disk-access sound clips that are much higher fidelity.

>no libretro core
oh boy, is it that much better?

How to emulate a girlfriend

desmume > loveplus
mednafen > tokimeki memorial

How did Koei go from being a company that makes an enormous variety of games - ranging from action games to rpgs to wargames and tycoon games - that appeal to different target audiences to making pretty much only musou games, character action games and RTK?

I've been in therapy and jail for the past year without internet, can we emulate the Lindenbergh board yet?

What'd you do

Got caught driving with acid and weed in the car, all I want is to build a fuckin racing cab since I got my money back.

>acid and weed
You should've gotten life, desu.

meant for

Should also mention I was on acid while driving. I'm completely retarded, I know, but life got real fucked up, I think I'm lucky to have a fresh start only a year after. I owe the IRA some money but that's fine.
Now where the FUCK is my Outrun 2 Special Tours

using mednafen psx on linux, if I press F3 to detect all analog buttons, it detects 20 with one dualshock 3, but only 19 with another dualshock 3 I have. They both are official. Why would this happen?

Sounds retarded, but try twisting the controller slightly in some kind of controller test, if anything triggers while twisting you should tighten or loosen the screws on the right of the LED strip.

libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-5-0-released/

>the fucking IRA
jaysus lad, didnt know they were in the money lending business.

are you kidding? I got 3 ounces on tick mate, got caught with it in the car.

cunts got me 2 weeks before I had go to court, lost my license, opted for therapy and a year in "correction"

>msx roms are in .rom format
>system > Machine bios, as taken from standalone bluemsx install
>bluemsx ra won't load anything at a ll
WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT GOD!!!

cemu 1.7.3

any dl link?

im looking

If you want to send a botw link our way too that would be appreciated. I can't find any wuds and I'm not sure if anything else works with cemu

loadiine works with cemu, I heard its best for cemu because its uncompressed. you don't need a tik or anything

Just download it over NUS. I've never used a wud file in cemu only the folders/.rpx

Sorry I don't really belong and here and I am lost as to what these things are. Are these programs that let me download Wii U games without a modded Wii U? Let me know if piracy is forbidden to talk about here and I'll shut up and leave.

CANT FIND 1.7.3 ANYWHERE FUCK

They bleeding money from making a flop RPG (see Trinity: Souls of Zill), their CEO resigned due to losses back in 2010.

They might as well focusing on genre that is 'safe' and 'comfortable' for them to produce such as musou games.

Piracy talk will get you banned, don't do it.

:^)^)^)^)^)^)^

It's literally only $5 you cucks and it helps support the developers. Stop begging for a link

How good is CEMU now?

>Smiley with a caret-caret-caret-caret-caret-caret-caret nose

Well I might just have to wait until someone uploads the WUD because everytime I run NUS it crashed. Despite having up to date Visual C++ x86

discord.gg/33bkj
discord.gg/33bkj

what is this

It's broken but there's other programs that do the same thing like uwizard.

malware

Does anyone know where I can get an iso of xenoblade chronicles X without worrying about viruses and stuff?

Is dolphin 5.0 designed to run better on powerful computers? Because 4.0.2 runs better on my laptop than 5.0.

I think gpu usage is higher on the newer versions of dolphin? but the cpu usage is a lot lower on 5.0+.

so yeah, a laptop with a shit gpu might work better with older versions

For some very weird reason, I thought that there was Piccolo.
What's weirder is, I don't know where I saw him.

When I only wanna update RA I only need to download, zip and copy the 8mb file right?

how come the superfx overclock in bsnes mercury doesn't do anything? I have it at 400% and there's no change in star fox

Does anyone have a BOTW savefile after you get the PARAGLIDE? thankss

What is /emugen/ playing?

I want to play Xenoblade Chronicles X but I don't know if there are any virus-free download links for it. I'm new to this emulation stuff and don't know where to go for my games.

Wii U USB Helper
Set ticket URL to wiiu.titlekeys.com/
Download game
Convert to Loadiine format
Load .rpx in Cemu.

but but but, muh upstream! muh gutta update!

goes to show you that sometimes tenthousand progress reports and lies about improved performance should be taken at face value.

What's the SNES emu of today?
I've been using ZSNES forever but I'd like to use fucking fullscreen now.

Snes9X has been dumpstering ZSNES as emulator for years.

I'm looking for a way to play Mario Tennis 64 emulated. P64 is missing textures and has black boxes everywhere and dolphin 5.0 runs it like shit. Any ideas /emug/?

Did you try the GlidN64 pluging?

But they stopped making most games that aren't musoushit in the early 00s.

wanted to keep playing Rising Ruby on Citra, but thelast bleeding edge edge build really slowed shit down and they haven't been updating it often, feel like just waiting for it to get better

thanks

Cemu 1.7.3b says that it needs a system update and is returning to the system menu. Any way to stop this?

No I will give that a shot. Ty

Someone on /v/ posted a magnet a while ago.

I wrote a guide on the fucking wiki that is linked at the top of the page for retards like you.

Get the update data and put copy it into the main folder, overwrite the files.

What emulator should I use, Mednafen or Xebra?
I'm considering switching to Mednafen but idk if it is better than Xebra

Mednafen is the best.

>transfer mGBA sav from my Vita to my PC
>load it up in No$GBA, it werks
>cheat engine the value I want increased so I can skip the grinding
>try to transfer the sav back to mGBA
>mGBA can't read it (probably partially due to the fact the No$GBA sav is like 10% the fucking filesize)
Fucking meme emulators, I just want to play my GBA games on my Vita is that so much to ask for.

Question here Yes I've read the Wiki, but I feel you guys can help me better

I have an i7 and a 1050ti but I seem to get some weird frame drops in boss fights playing Zone of The Enders 2nd Runner.
Anyone care to share their emu settings so I can copy them?

>everyone says cemu 1.7.3b freezes during loading on recompiler mode so you need 1.7.3a
>use 1.7.3a
>it freezes anyway

epic

Which i7 do you have?

Post your settings. ZOE2 is a very demanding game

meant for

i7-4770 @3.40ghz

If I can't run it well I'll probably just play Front Mission 3

>running an i7 at stock speeds

>16 rendering threads

Do I put less or more?

Why are you using the D3D9 backend?
Switch to the Opengl one and put the extra rendering threads to 1 less than the total number of cores in your CPU

ZOE2 is a fucking bitch to run
With your specs you should be able to get almost fullspeed all the time outside of cutscenes at 2x res and some drops in places at 4x using the OGL plugin,
SW mode is a no go unless you've got a [email protected] or some crazy shit

Cutscenes are way worse for some reason and even a 1080 won't get you fullspeed everywhere in those at 4x

Thanks lads, going to try that right now

Was it someone from there that made that /v/ thread about new Zelda running at 1.7.3?

what do you need from him?

It showed the presentation and shit about Zelda and then I got a yellowish screen

are you on 1.7.3.b?
if so you're cucked

you need 1.7.3 without b

It's a version an user uploaded in that thread, it's just 1.7.3

use a savegame.

Well, I am dead then, let me check if the wikia has any kind of link for that

You are probably using the wrong version save game.

Where do I get a right version savegame?
And it freezes when starting a new game too

Not the same user but where do I drop this? my problem is probably the same, do I drop it in System folder of the rom?

jesus christ user have you never used cemu?

I'm done spoonfeeding.

Nvm just discovered hwo to do it, thanks for the link

Still nothing
I'm pretty sure it's not the save anyway because it works fine if I start/load a game in interpreter mode, but it runs at 5fps so what's the point

ar eyou on v16?

v33 update won't work

no, I am on v33, some faggot on reddit said v33 worked on 1.7.3a but I guess not?
where do I even get v16 anymore? the only version on NUS is v33