/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Inspirational Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

stop using hydrogen thrusters.

I want off this rock, fuck you.

First for why fuck are vanilla thrusters so goddamned weak?

Keen has no vision

your sarcasm hurts user
i dont know how to reply to a post in another thread pls no bully also im just happy it runs

>all those times markle was so stunned at what people were building
>the most mundane shit left him breathless

>markels original idea of the game was "welding shit in space"
fugg

Keen never intended for SE to be future-tech.

They've struggled with their own ideas vs community ideas vs what the physics allows vs Clang since day 0.

>keen
>ideas
gave me a chuckle

:^)

>Keen never intended for SE to be future-tech.
>gravity generators
>magic reactors that instantly output power just with uranium
>magic welders and grinders, two steps down from a fucking tri-corder
>litteral transmutation of shit into other shit

If they never intended it, they fucking failed on day one.

In the future everything is the same)))))))

Tonk fights when?

Nice tonks user

I need to make them smaller still.
Kinda like this.

You should host a tonk gamemode where everyone builds tonks and other ground vehicles then fights.

>multiplayer
>ground
>rotors
>space engineers

Enough clang for the entire family
Only $19.99

This.
MP and rotors are not good friedns, more if you have 0.X of upload speeds.

Why isn't there any quantifiable measurement of CLANG's effects?

/egg/ ground fun when?
There is but Keen made it so the detector crashes constantly

This is the best I've been able to do so far.

IT'S SHIT
HOW DO PEOPLE PLAY VANILLA?

No, I meant a unit of measure for CLANG's effects.
Somehow missed a few words

>The paper spontaneously explodes and catches fire

>/egg/ ground fun when?

Soon as we can unfuck tracks and get the drivetrain in, bby.

THE ONLY PART I LIKE

how many atmospherics does it take :^)

Thanks handsanon. I'm looking forward to it.

KPC, Ker-jiggles Per Cycle

>tfw you now have anywhere up to 4 pseudonyms that refer to the same entity

replace hydros with ions and atmospherics.
And start in space so you get platinum or deal with meteors to find them on planets.

you can do this in machinecraft for free, and build super accurate tank models :^)

Hans plz no

Machinecraft best /egg/

get the gas Hans

>somebody tells me to re-install robocucks so I can invite somebody to the /egg/ group
>okay fine
>invite guy
>try out new "BETA" stuff
>its still unbalanced as fuck trash that makes me sick to my stomach

Hydrogen is best used for a ship that goes between space and atmosphere

I'd heard from a friend that it had apparently been massively improved. He couldn't give me a source.

One large cargo container and a light framework fully loaded with platinum with 1x inventory settings takes at least two large atmospherics to even get lift, or one large hydrogen and a few smalls.

I'm trying to build something that doesn't look like a cobbled together shitpile thrusterblob that is capable of taking full loads off planet, and I'm trying to do it vanilla so I don;t have to do a complete overhaul every time I join a new server. I can't count how many drills, welding ships, and trucks i've had to design from scratch because of wildly different modpacks.

>pic
>masses of ugly thruster blocks
That's what I'm trying to avoid. Atmos won't get me high enough for ions to kick in, and hydros are exceedingly bulky with limited flight time.

Have you considered that that's what I'm doing?

>massively improved

They cut teams down from 8vs8 to 5vs5 and shrunk all maps by 20-25%. Then they removed the stupid towers you had to shot to capture map locations, and made them just circles you sit on for 10seconds to capture.

Nothing else changed. Its still a heap of hot garbage.

Maybe install aeromods and build a cargo plane instead.

Let me clarify.
Hydrogen is best used for a ship that goes between space and atmosphere, but only while going between space and atmosphere.

>10seconds to capture.
So you get fucked by the railmech across the map then. Nice.

P O W E R I N G U P

The fuck is that

6GW arc reactor under construction

What, pray tell, the fuck is that?

For what purpose?

power

Yes. Capping the points makes you a sitting duck.

The worst thing is that the enemy team can capture points in chunks. The capture bar on each point is split into 3 chunks. So if some fag sits on the point enough to fill 2 bars and then gets chased away, he can just come back the instant you leave and cap the last bar the rest of the way in like 2 seconds and gets control of the map location.

So it means idiots can just keep suiciding at capture points non stop and they will eventually win it even though you've killed them 10 times in a row trying to prevent them from taking it.

robocucks

>they kept the old capture system

Further evidence they have no fucking clue what they're doing, and anything good they've ever done was purely accidental.

They should have broken it down into 2, at most, with the second chevron taking slightly longer. Or just not at all and have a similar cap system to wot, where you lose all progress when you're hit or leave the circle.

Considering it's ideally a ground-to-space cargo craft, atmospheric travel should be minimal. In order to get quality lift, for every cargo container I would need three large atmos and two large hydros. I need three tanks for every two hydros to get up to 9.7m of hydrogen time, just enough to get into space where a handfull of ions can kick in. We're talking a 32:3 ratio of JUST lift thrust:cargo, before factoring in lateral/forward thrust, power, conveyors, gyroscopes, life support, landing, hull, etc. I'm better off using three large hydros and 4 or 5 tanks per cargo for primary lift.

>negative critique of robocuck
>noo stop it
Who's the cuck now?

You dont need hydrogen thrusters to last that long, you use atmosphere thrusters to get up until they start losing significant efficiency then you have a quick and powerful burn of hydrogen until you can use ion.

I can't believe FTD is fucking dead

>Too busy subjugating Neter

Can't you just get to upper atmosphere on atmospheric thrusters, then continue on ions?

reevaluating my numbers, it still takes 6-7 minutes to get into space, but it looks like I do only need 2 minutes of hydrogen barring any unforseen issues. So It looks like 4 atmos, either 2 large or 10 small hydros, and a single tank should get me into ion range. I'm too tired and KEEEEN'd to continue tonight though. Down to about a 20:3 ratio though, and that's much more workable.

Good night /egg/

Is Skyline the only /egg/ serb? The part count restriction is too aggressive.
>spawn in respawn ship
>have to evade pirate ships within 10 minutes of playtime.

>/egg/ serb
not an /egg/ serb, just has a few /egg/ players

>The part count restriction is too aggressive.
>spengies

Zero is still too much.

>keen breaks batteries, tanks, cargo, etc. so they can't be displayed on lcd via scripts yet again
Thanks Keen, I didn't want to look at my battery gauge at a glance and rather use your shitty UI that's bugged.

Theres a zone between atmosphere and space where both thrusters are shit.

Is it worth considering setting up hangar doors next to windows to act as preventative shielding and/or breach sealing? I think I remember plenty of talk in the past about hangar doors making really good armor, and I really like the idea of hitting a button to seal everything off in preparation for combat, especially the bridge.

>robocucks has a matchmaking score assigned ot each player now
>goes up when you win, down when you lose
>can just tank your score on purpose to shit stomp newbies in the low tiers, and then win a couple matches when you feel like going back to normal matches

>matchmaking now takes nothing into account except for your matchmaking score
>nothing else matters at all

Stop hating on hydrogen thrusters they're great.

Smooth

>can just tank your score on purpose to shit stomp newbies in the low tiers, and then win a couple matches when you feel like going back to normal matches
Are you implying that this is unique to Robocraft?

Is Abortion legitimately good? I've seen some neat HM mothership builds and I wondering what ship can you deploy in general? Just fighters or all sorts of other ship sizes?

Just fighters and they are bugged and have retarded AI.

>legitimately good
Not really.

I've used them as a debris shield on my station sized tow truck ship, as well as an emergency atmosphere entry ship as an effective heat shield with the aerodynamics and deadly re-entry mod.

The debris shield works great at blocking chunks of hull when ramming into running ships, and while my setup doesn't protect the whole cockpit its a great "dont let the pilot become a red smear" shield
And as a heat shield it takes a considerable amount of time to burn up on re-entry, so much so that if i could i would cover the whole ship in them.

Have you compared them to blast blocks for the re-entry bit? I'm curious how they hold out.

>Is it good?
I got 100 hours out of it, and it was pretty fun for the first 95, but after those 100 hours the game, I have zero urge to play again until I see some major content additions.
Dev seems alright though, so I'm feeling that there's a good chance that will happen, though it'll probably be slow.

tl;dr
It was fun enough to beat the dollar per hour rule five times over, but suffers from a lack of reason to re-play it.

As a heat shield for the windows id have to use pistons and id like for my ship to at least make it to atmosphere before blowing up.

Kek. I meant more for the hull, especially in the front where it's gonna be taking the most damage.

yea but it looks ugly

For those of you playing Spengies. How many corez and how many herts are your processor running?

Describe you sim speed. Thanks in advance and remember that Jesus loves you.

>kerbal posting
user, you're going to have a bad time. You really should delete this.

УДAЛИTЬ HEMEДЛEHHO

I'm so very sorry. I completely forgot for a moment there. I deleted it as soon as I was able to.
I don't speak Spanish, lad.

What /egg/ game is good for a newfag who can't into engineering?

about simspeed:
my game/save just seems to randomly drop to 0.50 or as low as 0.27 simspeed even with nothing major in the star system world
goes back to 1.00 sometimes by itself or if I restart
have almost all graphics set to low but using a intel quad core at 3.00 GHz and an old GTX 460, but only 8 GB ram.

>Google Translate believes it's Mongolian

8 core amd FX processor at 5ghz. Dips to .9, sometimes to .6. FPS holds fine at about 60-70, dipping to 30 when shit goes ballistic.

GTX 980 for the gfx card.

Where were you when Warcucks stopped being #1?

What alternate timeline are you in?

A brighter one, apparently.

The one where current event have ended.

It's over boys, we can drop the warbros meme once and for all.

UNACCEPTABLE

>Actually deleting a shitpost-singularity-game post

I respect you, user.

>not /egg/

>implying

We share plenty of shitposters with /wfg/, among other generals and boards.
It's tangentially semi-related.

Crossout going OBT
W H E N ?
H E N W ?
E N W H ?
N W H E ?
? ? ? ? ?

Reminder that Ced was a community translator and tester for Warframe until DE cucked the game and burned him
like Keen did

Should we find a good rape victim support group for Ced?

>Crossout open beta

This is right from their private beta forums.

>"Wipe and Open Beta are planned for the first quarter of 2017 - that is March. If something goes awry, we may delay it for a couple of weeks, but not substantially."

So basically "Soon™"