What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/new-lancia-stratos-lancia-stratos-review
google.co.nz/amp/jalopnik.com/5820412/ferrari-blocks-production-of-new-lancia-stratos/amp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Being Italian

Gianni Lancia joining the communist affiliated resistance during WW2 and getting cucked out of sweet sweet burger Marshall plan money

Altough some say they were cucked by Fiat, they got some nice Alfa V6 engines out of that and still built very nice cars like the Thesis.

What happened recently however is one of the most despicable things ever done in car manufacturing imo. They spit on Lancia while it already was down by just taking Chryslers and badging them as Lancias here in Europe.
Lancia truly is dead now. They should just stop fucking them up any further and let it rest.

They made a comeback car that was so good that ferarri banned the designer from making any more.
Lancia died in the 90s. Sad but true

This only fuels my hate for Ferrari

What was the recent thing that happened?

what was the car?

They got cucked pretty bad holy shit

2011 Lancia Stratos

caranddriver.com/reviews/new-lancia-stratos-lancia-stratos-review

google.co.nz/amp/jalopnik.com/5820412/ferrari-blocks-production-of-new-lancia-stratos/amp

I was so hyped man

Godfuckingdamnit

They always fuck everything up

elaborate

Italian steel and paint. Betas rusted on the showroom floor.

They took some Chryslers, e.g the 300 and just slapped a Lancia badge on it and called it a Thema. Nothing Italian, Lancia or even Fiat about that.

I don't have anything against the Fiat Chrysler merger. I like the new Alfas, Fiats, Dodge Ram, and some of the Jeeps. But please don't piss on poor Lancias corpse by doing shit like this.
Most of the new Chryslers like the 200, 300 and Pacifica really aren't anything to write home about, why sell them under even more badges.

Lancias problem was that the were too excentric and maybe a little bit too avant-garde.
Lancia to Fiat is what Saab was to GM. Same story all over again. First they suck all patents and inventions out of the brand. Then they keep them alive for 10 years and let them do their thing. After that they start badge-engineering and slapping the badge on their own mundane cars.

The same thing that happened but didn't kill Alfa Romeo.

Corruption, incompetence and public government ruling the Fiat group for years.

As of today the cancer inside Fiat has been eradicated and even Alfa Romeo is safe and reborn but Lancia...well they don't have money and yet have to understand what to do with it.

I'd suggest --> Italian Lexus.

Be like the Japanese brand, premium cars focused on build quality and possibly hybrid engines.

>Lancia
>build quality
that wouldnt fit.

I think for that to work, they need to keep Lancia dead for a decade then resurrect it. At least that's what I heard is the game plan, by then people have forgotten negative image of Lancias and first car to be brought out will be collaboration with ferrari new stratos to grab attention, then Luxury sedans and SUV's will follow. Plan is to move towards Rolls-royce territory.

FCA also has Maserati to figure out what to do with as well, though. The current Ghibli is evidence that they have no idea what they're doing, especially now that they own 3 brands (Maserati, Alfa Romeo, and Lancia) that all occupy basically the same market segment.

I wouldn't be surprised if Maserati and/or Lancia get axed in the near future. It's obvious that they're focusing on Alfa right now, with two redundant brands lagging behind with no investment behind them to make them competitive. It's just like Buick, Pontiac, and Oldsmobile. At the end of Oldsmobile and Pontiac's lives, all 3 were competing with each other for the same slightly upscale, in between Cadillac and Chevy market, and while I don't agree with picking Buick over Pontiac, they did need to downsize to become profitable.

FCA needs to stop parading around the corpse of Lancia already and either bring it back to life with a competitive product like the Giulia, or give it the axe it deserves instead of just being left on display to rot. Same with Maserati, they all cost more than their direct competitors and have less equipment, poorer build quality, and worse performance.

Nahh, they should just make absurdly fast and dangerous as fuck cars that break apart after 2 years again. Wouldnt be Lancia if they didnt.

True Lancia have always been god tier when it came to interior quality.

The Thema 8.32 is the apex

Maserati is not dying and they're not out of ideas, it's just that they're tight on budget after a period of mid-crisis.

The Levante is selling like hot cakes in China, the Ghibli and the Quattroporte are fine cars after the restyling (before, nope) and there are planned models for the future.

At the moment they are focused on the "mainstream" models because they need money to create new cars.

Also don't forget that the Alfieri is going to be produced.

They need to work on interior/build quality, mostly because their cars are semi-artisanal so one can expect some little flaws at some point...but little flaws, not major.