What did they mean by this?

What did they mean by this?

>digital shifter

Oh god no

Please no

No they didn't

BMW has been doing it for years. Those stupid as fuck electronic "manual " transmissions. You gotta give it gas before shifting to D or else it'll just shift to neutral automatically. Also the bew MX-5s don't let you drive without a seatbelt. If you try to go without a seatbelt on, the car shifts to neutral

>automatic MX-5

hairdresser car

My moms 300 has one exactly like that. I hate it and its the worst thing ever. You want drive? Fuck you, you get neutral. You want park? Go fuck yourself, have reverse. You have to pull it hard like a donkeys fucking ballsack just to go from park to drive. And then push it like an unwanted baby back into its mothers pussy otherwise you have to go through each individual gear. My dad has a newer 300 with the dial shifter. I dont know whats worse.
>inb4 "get a manual faggot"
I got what i got. I like the shifter to just be a regular shifter either on the console or on the collumn. Enough with this weird electronic pussy bullshit.

you know what's the worst?
if you open one of those up, even if it's "digital" it'll still be attatched to the tranny
the parking brake is cable actuated
all movements have to be relayed through control arms, because just putting buttons in the console is too hard

atleast its still a shifter

>grand cherokee
it's an off roader, where's the low-range and shit?

>muh skeuomorphism

>the
On a dial below it you fuckwit

I actually prefer the knob shifter, each position has its own notch and is easy to use. The shitty one in the cherokee picks whatever the hell it wants to since it just rocks back and forth with only 3 positions to select 4 functions with. Whoever thought that was a good idea should kill themselves, especially since their shitty shifter has already killed someone.

>I don't shift my own gears, the machine does it for me
>I also don't fuck my own wife, Tyrone does it for me

autofags confirmed for cucks

kill yourself along with whoever approved of rotary shifters, jeep driver

I don't own a chrysler product. I don't like the knob, just saying that it's less bad than the awful grand cherokee shifter.

>tfw my 74 Plymouth wont start without the seatbelt hooked.
Unplugged that wire pronto

Yaknow, I can kind of understand why you might need an electronically operated shifter mechanism.
Having an arm physically connected by cables or rods limits your ability to position things where you want them and if transmissions are getting more complicated, it may not be as simple as just sliding in one direction anymore.
Using electronics actually opens more possibilities of everything like engine placement, transmission placement, interior orientation and size.
It has good uses not that I would want it or prefer it but I can understand why its implemented.

This

You could still have a conventional lever that has separate switch positions for each transmission mode. It's the execution of the Grand Cherokee one that sucks. It rests in a neutral position no matter what, and you rock it forward or back one position to go down the list. It never picks the one you want and you have to sit there fiddling with it for a bit to get the one you want instead of it just going to the one you want like every other shifter ever.

At that point why even bother putting the lever in at all?
Too many points to make, not enough need.
Dumbest shifter ever.

>IDS
It Does Something ?

>ITT
>cucks want mechanical shifters to pretend they can shift manually

Button or dial shifters are the best thing by auto logic, i.e. convenience. Either take your cuckshit or man up and learn to drive el manuel.

It doesn't say

>muh terrible design that gives no feedback yet looks like something that does

Integrated Dynamics System. Basically sport or economy modes.

Increase Drift Speed

>muh "any user interface that isn't a button press is skeuomorphic"
>muh "there's no legitimate purpose for any physical feedback"
Touchscreen turn signals when?