First time having Metal pedals and I find after its been raining that my foot slips on the clutch pedal

First time having Metal pedals and I find after its been raining that my foot slips on the clutch pedal.

Is there anything I can do it make it more grippy or should I get get another carpet may just for wiping my foot on?

(I currently have an all weather rubber mat because do didn't want the carpet may to get dirty)

Grip tape. I had the same issue.

Just regular skateboard stuff?

do they work really great like I don't need to wipe my feet before hand?

Metal pedals are retarded.

Do you have this problem with rubber pedals?

This is my first manual and first car with metal pedals. I haven't driven a manual car with regular pedals yet

Yes, just get something good from amazon. I used 3m grip tape from the hardware store since my pedals are small. It works pretty good.

You get the same problem with rubber pedals when they wear down or when you wear shoes without much profile
My dd is 5 years old now and one side of the clutch pedal is just blank, it's slippery when wet

>Do you have this problem with rubber pedals
No. Metal pedals are meme tier, like metal shift knobs. My kia came stock with metal pedals, my bmw has rubber covers. That should tell you something. My last manual had rubber pedal covers 23 years old and they worked better than the shit metal ones in my 2 year old car.

Tacky.

If only you could replace that cover for $15 without even needing hand tools

Nope. I always thought metal anything that needed griping was stupid. Especially if it comes I to contact with wet shit

Prefer rubber. It's nice all year round

I do but my pedals and shoes are old. I'll have to try this grip tape thing, thanks .

Aren't those black dots rubbery?

Get Black Magic or Mob, aka skateboard grip tape. Anything else will wear out quickly.

Any respectable "car guy" would not EVER post a question like this.

What, are you stupid or something?

You've no business even driving a car if you can't figure something like this out.

Now GTFO.

>t. busrider

I had a problem with my metal pedals with my old shoes when it rained but not after I got new shoes. Might be time to replace your shoes, idk.

my shoes are pretty new and I feel this on all of my shoes I've used to drive with

>taping sand paper to pedals
Kek, enjoy slowly wearing down your boots

Git gud

Stick rubber on it.

>grip tape USED FOR SKATEBOARDING somehow wears down your shoes more than concrete, gravel, etc.

Veeky Forums everybody

>Real diamond plate master race.
Buy some diamond plate, cut it to shape, bend it like a man, pop rivet it on and never slip again.

Hello, RX8 friend!

dudew vacuum your shit

>Kek, enjoy slowly wearing down your boots
you mean like you do every single time you wear them?

>walking
Kek, enjoy slowly wearing down your boots

I put screws through mine backwards so just the tips came out. This was a jeep with thick goopy mud coming in while wheeling. You just have to remember not to drive barefoot.

Pic was taken during MI winter. Nobody has time to freeze and vacuum. Besides, that truck has been wrecked, no need to clean it now. I will have the same pedals in new truck.

> clutch is still rubber

kys

Have you ever used a skateboard? Let me tell you friend, you will go through skate shoes every couple of months.

well it's a good thing you're not skateboarding on your gas pedal

No clutch, it's parking brake.

Your not ollieing on your clutch retard

>Is there anything I can do it make it more grippy
Grip tape will cover up the metal, so you lose that metal look. Covering up just one pedal will make it look out of balance with the other pedals.

>I find after its been raining that my foot slips on the clutch pedal.

1. Make sure your ventilation system directs enough warm air down into the footwell to dry out your shoes and pedal surfaces.

2. Your shoes should not have soles that are constantly wet. Some soles are like that such as the ones that are a mass of closely spaced cylinders. The water gets into the space between all those cylinders and keeps coming out to make things wet.

3. Shoe soles vary in types of rubber. Some soles remain grippy when wet, but many cheap ones use simple compound formulas that get slippery. The same situation exists with tire compounds.

>he doesn't ollie his car
what an faggot

>I currently have an all weather rubber mat
That's a good idea. But the mat should be one that helps dry off your shoes. Ones that use lots of tall rubbery strips are good for that. Shallow and fairly smooth mats don't trap water and dry off your soles because each time your shoes touches the mat, it gets wet again.

>like a man
>post auto trans vehicle

really?

I live where it rains 1/3 of the year, even wiping my feet off doesnt help with slipping. Either grip tape, or go back to Rubber.

Fucking retard

Real men don't fucking care what others think

manuel transmissions are exclusively for women and girly men. Stay mad

jesus christ I don;t even know if half of Veeky Forums is retarded or full of trolls

Are you even trying?

Nope. I don't have to try because my automatic smokes your manual any day of the week

Thats cute

grip tape...