/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8MmxNNG2WS8
youtu.be/CMFf59v6ml0?t=4m26s
youtube.com/watch?v=am5sx5aaQBc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Repostin:

>Hey, popping in to ask a question, sorry if it's been answered before: The hell is up with that one super sinister music tone that plays occasionally? Is there a reason it plays? Friend told me it sounds whenever you're in an area with a strong enemy but I've had it play in the middle of no where without any monsters around.

oh yeah that one piece of music I know the one
the one that sounds sinister

>have lightscale trident
>find chest that has zora spear
>leave it, inventory full
>break trident
>go to get it fixed
>"I require one zora spear"

I'm going to marry Prince Sidon!

so I beat ganon. what now? mount lanayruu mining facility?

Yes, dude, the two notes that occasionally play when you're out in the wild. You know the one I'm talking about, don't be a cock.

It's a nice touch that you can overwrite compendium pictures of you shell out your sheckels to get pictures of stuff to track them for quests.

>cant lock on to the flying guardians

overwrite?
if you have something in your compendium you can track it, no shekels necessary

how the FUCK do I find that Quobro shrine at the top-left of the map

Overwrite.
Find something already in your compendium, take new picture of it, replace compendium photo.

Can you saddle elk and bear? Or do they just fuck off the second they get the chance?

oh wait i see what you mean
as in if you don't like the photo he gives you?

Best amiibo ever

Has the soundtrack been ripped yet?
I really want it

snowl the door

What do those things even drop? I never bothered to kill one because they have so much HP that I'd either have to waste a couple ancient arrows, or waste dozens of regular arrows

same stuff regular guardians drop. Just hit them with a metal object, it's pretty easy.

It's on the south side of that summit, just below the last 't' in Hebra North Summit on the map

Oh my fucking god this voice acting is horrible. Just fucking horrible.

Nintendo needs to stop hiring C-list talent for their games, I mean goddamn.

Why was the Gerudo Desert so good? Every part of that region's design and its entire story segment were amazing, that whole area was easily my favorite part of the game

I'd rank them Gerudo>Zora>Goron>Rito in enjoyment

It really, really bothers me more than it should because the game is really amazing otherwise, but Mipha's voicework especially bugged the hell out of me. Her cadence is super weird and she sounded like someone trying to pretend to be a cute wifey.

It's not even SUB SUPERIOR DUBS INFERIOR because literally every single dub of this that isn't English sounds WAAAAY fucking better than ours. Zelda sounds fucking bored in English compared to her French/Italian/Spanish dub. The fuck is up, Nintendo?

>110 dmg
w e w

Just Stasis+ them then AA them.

fish and bird posters were hyping up the wrong things Riju and Zelda are best waifus and Gerudo are best race

thanks guys
turns out I was looking on the wrong side of the mountain

>implying

Yeah.

I like the personal touch of my photos, but I still want to get the quests done without wasting too much time. If it's something I don't have I can just buy all of the photos and then overwrite them later.

Where do I get the extravagant bridle and knight saddle?

wow that rito zone, lot of effort put into that
>shoot these targets
>ok I guess you're cool here take all these free bomb arrows let's go take out the ancient beast now because the other guy I was with was too stupid to shoot these cannons a couple times

Right? Mipha is probably the worst. That fake accent combined with the cliche shy, weak waifu demeanor is groan-inducing.

shit I've heard it too! I bet that's the case, as otherwise it's really unfitting. Those two ascending piano chords, if that's what you're talking about user.

Urbosa is a good pick for waifu too

Hey, when I beat the final boss, is it possible to do it again to get the best ending?

Yeah I don't know what was up with that zone, it's like they put all of their time and energy into polishing the fuck out of the other ones, especially Gerudo Desert, and then slapped that one out as fast as they could

Just beat the elephant dungeon. I gotta say these dungeons are designed completely different to what we usually get, but I like it. It's compact but it wraps around itself in multiple layers, and the puzzles are clever to where they keep you scratching your head just long enough to give you that ting of excitement when the solution finally clicks.

cryo shrines > magnet shrines >>> stasis shrines

I like my waifus alive

Motion Shrines

and sometimes you're like me where you cheese the shit out of a section using revali's gale because you can't figure it out. fuck vah naboris.

The frantic pianos? I assumed a strong enemy was going to show up, but it's probably a bug.

Yeah, I don't understand people that say it's good dubbing. It's not even shatner levels of hammy like the CD-I games, it's just BAD. It feels like I'm listening to a youtube fandub.

Just go complete all the memories and then go fight ganon again.

Do any of you guys know where the kitchen/library is in hyrule castle? I'm trying to get the recipes for that fat guy quest but I can't make out the shitty 3d model of the castle.

Postan' progress

why does it feel like one handed weapons are so uncommon in this game? I feel like I never get to use my shield since I've only ever got two handers

>bomb a rock
>diamond flies out
>it rolls down a hill into a deep pond

I'm watching Mipha's jpn cutscenes right now and while it doesn't sound fantastic (she still seems really monotone to me) it sounds WAAAAY more natural. Idk why the English VA was forcing it so fucking hard, it's really noticeable and really fucking bad. youtube.com/watch?v=8MmxNNG2WS8

It honestly feels like the English voice acting was kind of slipshod, like it was tossed together real last minute with very shitty direction...

>thinking those weapons are worth keeping or showing off

Nigga that's kawaii, 5 dmg more than the claymore i screened earlier lol

Implying what? Is that too hard for you? I'll literally make a video right now of me doing that.

Switch to your shield when you aren't using flurry attacks.

So am I the only on who walked into a crop circle? I haven't seen any lights or aliens or anything like that but there were three circles missing from the grass with lines connecting them. Is this a Korok puzzle?

it would help if we knew which tone you meant. if you're talking about what i think you are, where it's just two minor chords or something, i only ever heard it at night so i think it's just a small night motif like what the game has that plays during the day

This mystery fuckin sucks, and it really puts me on edge when I hear it.

My theory was that it plays sometimes when the castle is in view but I've had it play from behind mountains, lmao.

no it's aliens

Is there a reason they hired Youtube voice-actor tier people for Breath of the Wild?

As someone who has made fandubs, even Youtube actors are better than this.

You know how the VA's for Silent Hill 2 are all amateurs to voice acting and have some occasional cringey delivery but overall deliver with a hell of a lot more heart and soul than your average professional VA nowadays?

I don't think it's that. I think they went for a cheap option and fucked up.

Why do female Zora have breasts?

another thought I had is maybe it plays to signal you're in bumfuck nowhere? completely out there in the wild. thing is, I've had that tone play minutes after trudging into the badlands and away from civilization, so it can't be right as you enter it.

No Dutch voice acting.
I should be happy for it, it's bad every single time, but of course Dutch is about the only language without voices.

For feeding their young.

Fantasy race...

Again, this is not me trying to just stan for jpn VAs but I think the director work for English dubs is just... By and large really mediocre. It all sounds very reserved and therefore really emotionless; compare Zelda's quiet sob in English to her outright shrieking sob in literally every other dub youtu.be/CMFf59v6ml0?t=4m26s

Combine that with very one-note, very amateur VAs and you have a really, really bad fucking mix that's extremely disappointing and stands out in an amazing game. The fact that Nintendo still isn't offering dual audio is... Fucking baffling.

I might be one of the few who really enjoys Zelda's english voice. I especially liked how she sounded when she got all excited over that frog and proceeded to ask Link to taste it, and during the confrontation with her father over her interests. I dunno, I thought the delivery was nice there.

So they can have small breasts and be cute

>shrieking is inherently good acting
the quiet sobbing portrays a different emotion, like she's weary which makes more sense in the circumstances

where is the fat wood creature who upgrades your inventory? i think i missed him.

>lightning storm right before I get to the lab with the blue flame
this shit took way longer than it needed to

Not necessarily? The breakdown of her really horrified sounding scream-sobbing feels way more realistic and defeated to me, her just very quietly boohooing feels like an extreme underreaction to the massacre of her comrades, friends, family, entire country...

here

Man, I really wanted to fight him multiple times. Hopefully they'll add a boss rush mode

Case in point. Not trying to plug myself, but I'm proud of what I got out of my talent here.

youtube.com/watch?v=am5sx5aaQBc

agreed! I assume most have yet to see the context of the crying scene. without revealing much, she's just gone done slamming down in the mud and pouring out her thoughts on how bad things have gotten and proceeds to blame herself for it all. I wouldn't be shrieking if I just got done calling myself a failure; I'd be quietly weeping and feeling like an absolute disgrace. I think the english VA nailed that emotion very well.

>she's weary which makes more sense in the circumstances

The circumstances being everyone she knows is dead and her kingdom is destroyed and it's her fault because she's a failure?

This is literal advertisement.

Is it possible to do this in the game?

first he's on the road to kakariko between kakariko and dueling peaks stable, next he's at woodland stable or wetland stable i think, then he goes to lost woods

>mfw seeing a black moblin and a huge metal crate nearby

Just making a point that there's no excuse for a multi-billion dollar corporation to drop the ball on something fans can do for free.

>he's a stats man

>he's on the road to kakariko between kakariko and dueling peaks stable

jesus christ how did i miss him?

My man, I finished the game, I still think Zelda's va is extremely bland and underacts the hell out of a scene that deserves an extreme emotional reaction.

Have you... Had an emotional breakdown before? Because they're not a pretty, gentle, waifish gentle sob.

this is shit and fuck off

>akkala rainy as fuck
>tarrey always sunny

??

I like to imagine Link infiltrating a group of Lizalfos, Becoming an accepted member of their Group and eventually Getting lewd with them and taking the Lizard dick for the rest of his life

Good lord I can't get over how shitty the soldier helm looks.

They could have gone with any traditional-looking knight helm and then went with that garbage.

it's specifically to make lighting the furnace with the blue flame a pain in the ass

Is there anywhere to get voltfruit outside of the gerudo desert? I haven't been there yet but I still want to upgrade my rubber armour

>French
It's fucking atrocious.
German is better than that even

>raining on Lomei Island
For once I'll concede that's fair.

I wouldn't describe her crying as pretty nor gentle, but I do agree there was a little more that could be done. I'll still say the emotion was nailed because I'm not a fan of the shrieking, but if the sobbing was a little grosser then it could've worked a bit better.

idk my dude bottomline I prefer this over the shriek-fest, but gross sobs are more natural sounding than something so reserved.

yeah

that is assuming it's a hysterical and panicked breakdown instead of a tired a weary breakdown, i think the weary works better

i dont think so, i tried a few times and it seems like you cant detonate your bombs while shield surfing

who cares about zelda's VA

that is trraditional looking

nigga everyone just got fucken murdered, that doesn't ask for weary, nor is the 'screeching' anything in the direction of panicked.
Do you... have emotions..?

DLC

>cant detonate your bombs while shield surfing
literally unplayable

I think it looks pretty cool

he does look like a tree

I do

God dammit, if Nintendo actually put this in I'd buy the game now instead of waiting till Mario is out.

Thanks for testing user.

well I'm tired of hearing about it argued in circles