Why can't more cars have interiors as simple as in the Lotus cars?

Why can't more cars have interiors as simple as in the Lotus cars?

Because normies want gadgets and shiny things, not a spartan interior designed to be functional and light.

Because some people actually want to be comfortable in their car

Stupid ain't it?
>no distracted driving
>fill cars with screens and buttons and systems to distract drivers

its too spooky

>no cupholders

How do americans feel about that?

I've literally never needed a cupholder in my entire life and see no need for one

Not american btw

American here.
Friend has an elise. Drove it from Philly to Indianapolis one year for GenCon. Said it was way nicer on the highway than his shitbox saturn.

Besides, if you need a beverage on the road, you've got a cupholder between your legs.

That shifter set up is bloody gorgeous.

My hilux doesnt have them and it sucks

Because giant slabs of metal, exposed carbon fibre, and pointless smatterings of alcantara on the dash look awful.

The evora has cupholders. There was an interview with someone who worked on designing the evora and he said adding cupholders added a "shameful kilogram"

Not american either but feels good having 4 (FOUR) cupholders in my miata

Four cupholders for the two people in it? Are japs stoopid?

>No fucking interior
>Sound levels above 80db
>Ears ringing after just 30 minutes
>Go deaf after just a year of driving a Lotus

No thanks

Know anyone who owns one? Ever driven one?

Because reality says you full o' shit.

Number of cupholders exceeds number of seats in many cars and not just jap ones. Usually I use one for a bottle of water, another for a small umbrella and random shit in the other two

My vagoo?!

Spartan as fuck.

Because people want a goddamn radio and some insulation, and something to stop fast food being ingested into the gear lever's mechanism.

needs more comfy

>being this casual

People buying cars like this tend to give a fuck about their weight, as to fit in a bucket seat.
Take your American fast food shit elsewhere, fatty.

what about the cheap model of the brz

Unless its really fuckin' weirdly oriented, no.. just your legs.

If its the former, please post pics though, that would be nifty shit! Also lemme know if it can shoot ping pong balls...

Welp I can see where the passenger airbag would have gone. If my mate told me to hop it and go somewhere I would not be able to stop staring

>I know he's into performance and shit
>it IS noticeably faster than my corolla
>but how much does an airbag and mechanism weight really?
>ten pounds?
>why not just take out the forty pound seat I'm sitting in if going to those lengths?
>I bet that sub box in the trunk weights the same as the seat, why are they here?
>is my life as his friend not worth more than rattling bass notes?
>shit, did he remove the passenger seat belt?
>why does he have five belts that connect in the middle but I have zero belts?
>I should find better friends
>for these lengths this car REALLY should be faster

Toyota pls

prolly cuz that looks awful and people would rather not have their car look like a shitbox from the early 90s and be as uncomfortable as one from the 60s

Why are there holes in the front of the seats? I'd want to rest my nutsack in there desu

Never ever senpai

please elaborate on early 90s
was it the carbon fiber tub or the exposed shifter linkage?
>neither of those things were around in the 90s
>neither were you

the whole thing looks cheap as fuck like a 90s shitbox but covered in some gaudy dash cover and tasteless interior design

actually I insulted 90s cars by accident since even their shitboxes look better

>2017 car

LMFAO

now its even worse

You oldfags disgust me. How can you live without blootooth and a touch screen?

>go to start car
>insert key
>turn electrics on
>switch immobiliser off
>switch fuel pump on
>turn key
.yeah...............not that casual

casual
>insert key
>turn key

yuour chances are higher without those to distract you while driving ,millennial-san

>stripped version
>still has A/C and heating

I didn't realize you were too retarded to hit the play button on your touchscreen grampa

touchscreen, is that the green bit in the middle?

No because it's not touchsensitive you fucking retard

That's not where the airbag goes, just a plastic trim piece goes there.
The passenger airbag is under the dash and fires upwards toward the windshield, then toward the passenger, like every current vehicle sold in the US.
When airbags fire straight back they tend to break rear facing child seats and kill babies that shouldn't be there anyway. Occupant classification should be doing it's job and disabling the airbag in that case, but meh, why not break windshields?

>AC
>heater
>LCD screens
>radio

That is actualy more than my car has, i bet this car even has power steering....

I forgot to mentione the glovebox, what do you need that for?

>having cups in your car
>unnecessary extra weight

whats the matter friend?
you seem a ........touch sensitive

>Air vents

Pigfat. Disgusting.

You can be comfortable and not have a 40 in Tv screen in your dash.

My 95 F150 Has no cup holders. I still drink and eat in it.

My Bmw's do but they're so ridiculously small that they're still practically useless.

not a problem

I LOVE the 86's interior. Exterior is just OK but I really appreciate their styling and that it is just basic. Also Toyota puts a separate clock with buttons for hour/minute setting. Really appreciate that.

if i drove in it...would the ride ever end?

That was a nice one.

>CRX has no cup holders
>CR-Z has five cup holders for some reason
I don't let anyone drink in my cars anyways.

Retro interiors feel so open and relaxing compared to modern ones. Modern interiors feel claustrophobic and try to assault your senses with as much digital/cool stuff as possible.

They are for 5 point(or more) racing harnesses, they wont let you strut your nutsack on some tracks otherwise.

I use cup holders pretty much never, but it's nice to have one or two there for whatever, even if it's not a cup. Current car has one built in to each door and that's pretty convenient and unobtrusive.

>American
>Like Hondas that don't have cupholders anyway.

Kind of wish my DA Integra had a center armrest though.

>Why can't more cars have interiors as simple as in the Lotus cars?
Too simple is not good because not everyone wants to drive a car-sized go-kart. The early model Lotus Elise was out-handled by the Chevrolet Cavalier 1997 in road tests by one of the major auto magazines. Of note was that the Cavalier's control cluster was even judged superior to what the Lotus Elise used.

It would be extremely frightening

S13 interior is fucking sex

>those straps