Do you have faith in Toyota? What are your hopes and expectations?

Do you have faith in Toyota? What are your hopes and expectations?

Hope:
>Can pick up a 270hp, 2900lb 6spd /w lsd supra for $35k

Expectation:
>base model is 220 hp, automatic only, 3400lbs, no lsd, $42k msrp
>6cyl turbo model is $55k msrp

bmw with a body kit and less grip
bit like brz vs gt86

Hopes
>I6 + RWD + manual combination possible
>around 3000lbs
>6 cylinder model can be had for under 50k
>looks like the FT-1

Fears
>hybrid and AWD unless you want the poorfag I4 model
>no manual option
>is ugly like most modern Toyota's
>3500lbs or so

Expectations
>V6 turbo
>looks like a bigger GT86
>3300lbs

>Supras were never lightweight
>Supras were never cheap and the ones that were (i.e pre MK IV) are far from sports cars
I have faith in Toyota just not BMW. if this is a BMW platform then expect somewhere around base model Camaro SS performance. hopefully it at least has a potent engine that will be filled with aftermarket so we have a indirect competitor to the Dodge Demon.

I can already imagine a modern Fast and Furious scenario only this time an orange Toyota powered BMW with a Toyota bodykit vs a red Dodge powered Mercedes with a Dodge bodykit

there has never been a 4 cylinder supra before either, so who knows... it might turn out to be the turbo 86 that so many people want

The fact the new Supra is partially BMW is an issue. I'm not a fan of German engineering in general, but BMW in particular has just been lacking lately. Hopefully they try to make it as Japanese as possible. At least the M2 is decent, I guess.

I'd rather have a naturally aspirated I6 than a turbo I4 as a base model, honestly. Getting over 300 HP out of one is easy now, and it'd be nice and smooth with no turbo lag.

Be I6 please please

I6 please deliver us from the mundanity of I4 turbos

Hope: inline 6, rwd only, N/A and TT models, 6-speed

Expectation: inline 4/V6, rwd/awd, hybrid, automatic only, horrific styling

i've said it before: it'll be a fast lexus that looks as bad as modern toyota

Gonna cap this in case you're right

>Do you have faith in Toyota?

Toyota recently patented a new electric supercharger design. A straight hybrid would be boring and heavy, but a supercharged Supra would be neat.

When is it launching or getting presented or whatever?

>final Fast and the Furious movie
>ends with a drag race down the same stretch of road
>but with a 5th gen Challenger and a 5th gen Supra

That would be great

BMW has been making 333hp 3.0L I-6 N/A engines since 2000 with 8k redline
>S54 god engine

Is that with hologram Paul Walker or not?

Also did they ever deal with the Schrodinger's Han situation? I stopped watching around the 6th movie.

DON'T STOP

BE

LI

EV

ING

i really hope i'm not

I hope not too

But I have this aching feeling that you are

that's subaru though

It looks like shit and has a BMW engine.
The only reason people will buy it is because its name has a legacy.

The S-FR would have been a better car to produce.

Just watch, they are going to fuck this up. It's like trying to make a sequel to a GOAT movie. It is never as good the second time. These dumb fucks are going to release it with some meme $60k MSRP which is just going to make the entire car pointless

And now instead of "just turbo a Miata to get a brz" discussions, it's going to be "just turbo a brz to get a Supra"

My hope and dream is they go out of business desu.

Depending on which model you're talking about, the A80 was about $41k USD, in the mid 90s, which is about $58,000 today.

$60k msrp is perfectly reasonable for the top tier model. A $40k base turbo 4 cylinder model would be pretty nice if it were close to the BR-Z's weight.

It won't be. Supras have never been light. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen were all over 3000 lbs, and some trims approached 3600. BMW's (they are making this chassis) are pretty heavy too, this little M2 is nearly 3500 lbs!

Weight savings are possible but I would be surprised if it was below 3100.

>Do you have faith in Toyota?
No.
>What are your hopes and expectations?
S-FR will never be released, new supra will be 100k+ dollars and a hybrid "sports" car that weighs 4000+lbs

No, it's not reasonable. Think of what 60k will get you. You can go in on CPO elite bmws or even a gtr at that price point.

Have you seen the spy shots? the new supra is actually pretty tiny (it does share a chassis with a 2 seat roadster after all). It looks like it has the same wheel base as the BR-Z.

If it uses more aluminium in its construction I bet the 4 cylinder turbo model will be pretty close in weight to the twins.

The second gen BMW Z4 was 3200 to 3400 lbs depending on the trim. Assuming the Z5 is similar in size and chassis, I'd guess the Supra is around that range too.

Second gen z4 has a retractable hard top which adds considerable weight. Supra being a coupe, and a new chassis... I can see the turbo 4cyl model being at or under 3000lbs.

HOLD ON TO THAT

FEE

LING

>hopes
i4T base model
i6TT fast model
RWD
4WS
Maybe even a superlight/clubracer model

>expectations
6cyl
Turbo option
RWD
A cleaner, less busy shape for production

>reality
"Please don't ask about the FT1 Supra replacement, as we've been busy working on other projects in various markets and have dedicated next to no time on a new Supra"

hopes
>sub 4k lbs
>i6 tarbo
>comfy interior and remade mk4 dash
>6spd manual
>rwd
>gt car
>somewhere round 300hp
>sub or 50k

expectations
>hybrid
>paddle shifter or smt

According to rumors, they will show it at the Tokyo Motor Show this October.

hybrid or overly expensive bmw 40-45k starting price powered turd, 3500+ lbs, no stick available

My only hope in the world

Toyota just needs to make a 3JZ

As someone who has never driven one, how does the driving experience differ with an I6 vs a V6?

Hopes:
>They stop making cars

Fears:
>deaths/1000 in accidents climb even higher

Expectations:
>More garbage

>Faith in modern Toyota

absolutely fucking not

i6 revs smoothly, when I test drove a bmw I would be cruising at 4k rpm and not realize it was that high

v6 has a more rough character to it, you definately know when it's in the higher rpms