All these MR2 threads

>all these MR2 threads
>all these threads getting flooded with MR2 shitters

well yall went and did it. yall went and made the MR2 well known. i told yall to shut up. well its time to fuck this chicken.

Post all things MR-2! no specific gen required, but if your MR-S is burning oil, you HAVE to post in this thread!

POST YFW YOU REALIZED ALL THIS MR2 POSTING IS ACTUALLY TOYOTA STEALTH MARKETING BECAUSE THEY'RE ABOUT TO ANNOUNCE A NEW MR2

POST YFW WHEN YOU REALIZE THE GT86 IS ABOUT TO BE BTFO YET AGAIN

you made me sperge so hard i had to delete my comment.

Never do this again.

the oil is gonna burn like no oil has ever burned before

whip them cats out boys

I went and drove a 2003 with the strangest transmission last weekend. It was like hybrid auto? No clutch but it would roll on hills and you had to shift or be stuck in first. Also you had to let go of the gas or else it would surge. And it would shift down to first automatically at a complete stop, even from fourth. Idk how I felt about it. It would help me a lot in the morning when my knees are stiff so that shifting sucks for me (had screws put into both of my knees at 18 and 20) but the lag between the shifts was driving me INSANE. Anyway, 40k miles, the interior was fine and the top had a slight tear (not all the way through) at one part of it. They want 7.9k, does this sound ballpark? Thinking of getting it for the summer second car rather than trading my speed3 in.

>google "new toyota MR2"
>all those robot cars

please dont do this toyota. i know you know better

>i know you know better

user...

>tfw my 87 mr2's leather seats are deteriating on me

Feels bad

mr2 is shit

it has always been shit

it will be shit if they revive it

nothing to see here

People never have given a fuck about the ZZW30 and they never will
Only the wedge MR2s are relevant
It's probably the only car I can think about that was featured in Initial D and still didn't blow up in the ricer market
I bet you can't even find 5 threads talking about the ZZW30 in the archive with 50+ posts

Friendly reminder that the ZZW30 was actually lighter and smaller than the two gens that came before it.

Friendly reminder that Toyota never got the praise they deserved for doing the unthinkable and actually going back in size and weight while everything else was getting bigger and fatter.

>new MR2
>2500lbs
>220hp
>supercharged 1.8L 2ZR like the Yaris GRMN, Lotus Elise, and original AW11
>modern re-imagining of the 1st gen MR2

How hard would you cum?

And they got fucked for it because it was the age of Hummers
What's your point

It's a mid engine Miata.
How the fuck did this NOT take off?

>Yall without an apostrophe
You're either black or a low born Southerner.

That IS my point.

>Toyota never got the praise they deserved for doing the unthinkable and actually going back in size and weight while everything else was getting bigger and fatter.

They did something really cool that people on here are always clamoring for, but were left completely unappreciated because normies wanted fatmobiles. And still do, actually.

It's a shame the same is literally happening with the GT86 today.

the only thing they had to do was give it 6 cylinders and an engine format that isn't flat-out retarded

> but if your MR-S is burning oil, you HAVE to post in this thread!

DELET
E
L
E
T

nope, it's a manual with an automated clutch

It's going to be a hybrid roadster?
Heavy ass electronic roadster instead of the lightweight cheap sfr concept.
Wut r u doin Toyota

im pretty sure they're trying to keep it as light and small as possible

If you're reading that article I read, they said the hybrid version would possibly come later. So it wouldn't necessarily be ruined.

Ah ok. So is it in the ballpark price considering mileage and stuff? Like I said, it looks pretty good minus the roof having that small tear that doesn't go all the way thru. I'd say 8/10 for exterior and interior.

too bad Toyota fucked the aesthetics up so bad. convertible only, bland styling and somehow more feminine looking than the Miata.

>inb4 someone posting some riced example with a hard top and a bunch of body modifications claiming that the """""can""""" look good

That's not the point.

That looks p fucking good to me pham. Not as good as the gorgeous first gen, but still good and a much better actual car.

>deteriating
Based on your obvious American education, I'd say that leather seats are the least your worries.

Postin my memobile

>2500
even the spyder was lighter than the aw11 which in its heaviest trim was 2350
it better be under 2400, if its anywhere near sw20 pigfat it has to have 350hp

AW11 wasn't really light for its size either. The supercharged model with a T-top was pushing 2600 pounds despite having Miata dimensions. The ZZW30 was the only featherweight MR2.

you mother fucker that's the one I want

i have a boxster

can i be part of this thread

its basically an mr2

Please stop posting about the MR-S.
I'm planning on buying one in the near future and I don't want to deal with people who know what they got.

posting my 2
wassup

yellow or clear fogs? hmmm

why should I buy a meme machine over a miata?

>MR-S
Garbage, doesn't belong in an MR2 thread like an NC doesn't belong in a miata thread.

sw20 is the best looking MR2

fight me irl final destination no weapons, no metaknight

i respect your opinion

It's also the heaviest

i told Veeky Forums to shut up months ago, its too late now

heres some tips
most MR-S's are gonna be at about 110,000 miles when theyre up for sale, and thats because the owner realized how much it sucks to fix them back up, ESPECIALLY THE TOP. the top is the biggest pain in the ass ever, takes a professional top putter onner and remover like 30 minutes to get an MR-S top off, and then 9 hours of work to get one on. third party MR-S tops will be missing shit, but you can still get it on.

as for the catalytic converter meme, years 1999 - 2002, you need to go into these expecting the worst, no matter what the owner/dealer tells you. years 2003 - 2007 are good to go engine wise, as they fixed the catalytic converters having ceramic shit break off and carve out the cylinder walls.
so essentially, if you wanna put a new engine in it, go 1999 - 2002, and if you want bone stock, go for the later years.

btw, i managed to get $1000 off a dealer's price because of a fucked up top, and possible engine trouble, brought it down to $3000 for my black '01. just putting that out there if you think you can haggle
hope this helps! OP here btw, expect pics tomorrow

AW11 is king of aesthetics
SW20 is the middle good looking but the best for power potential
ZZW30 is the ugliest but the lightest

lets be real here.
is it really an insult to say that the ZZW30 isn't better looking than AW11 or SW20?

Thanks mate, I'll be doing more research once I get closer to buying one.
I'm kind of glad that the ZZW30 is considered ugly. That means there are more unmolested examples out there.

>there's a jdm 2nd gen tarbo swap 92 mr2 on craigslist
>right now
wat do

my mrs aint burnin no oil. feels good.

idunno i think it looks gorgeous. it looks way better irl and hard top is oem

look spyderchat.com and such for advice.

i ordered mine blind online and it was great condition

what year???

My mr2, we need a toyota club in Washington state

you can get a good mr-s for 6-7k with a manual, are you going for the automatic on purpose?

anyway, you might be able to go a bit lower, even if you got the SMT. I've heard it's less reliable and expensive to get fixed though.

Oh, I missed the mileage.
40k miles for 8k is a good price, if it's in good condition mechanically as well as exterior/interior.

;-;
tfw my top is messing up and the engine is making noise on mine

its just as much of a mid-engine 2 seater runabout as any other mr2 you fucking faggot

It looked pretty good interior and exterior. I wasn't going for auto on purpose, it was auto clutch or whatever and it could help my knees in the morning for the summer when I'm driving it but my knees don't seem to creak as much in the summer as the winter. I noticed, a few years ago I was looking at them like 50k miles would be like 6k. Now I see some retarded shit like 12k for 30k. This one is the best one I've found for the mileage. I wonder if it's in some between period of tarded ass genxers thinking they can get about what they paid just cause they didn't drive it?

OP here

took us a fucking WEEK. took us 45 minutes to take the old top off, the rest of the time was me and another guy putting it back on. we said fuck it and got a full blown DVD that this company sells thats all about fixing and replacing stuff on certain models of convertibles, that was where the 10 hour work time estimate was from.

only advice i can give is
>1. remove all plastic plugs, screws, and weatherstrips
>2. start removing at the uppermost part of the top, and slowly work your way down to the back glass. keep track of EVERYTHING, of course.
your 4th bow (furthermost bow that props the backglass up) is gonna look out of place, never did figure out why it did look off, but it came back together flawlessly when we put the new top on

and to put a top on
>start from the asscrack, and slowly work your way up
>bolt down all the bits underneath the backglass, before setting the top up to the bows.
took us a day to figure out what we were fucking up
>put these little bracket fuckers on over the bolts, bolt them down to the bolts

if you wanna buy toyota MR-S tops, go ahead, but im sure they will be way more expensive, and third party tops will have more color options. letting you know now that if you happen to get the same third party kit that we did off ebay, it is missing the bits you attach to the bolts to keep it in place. ive got it arrowed in pic related. the shitems they gave me didnt even fit the bolt. ive been going without for a few months now with no problems whatsoever.

2k4. cant confirm but i suspect precat del

if my MR-S was '04, id still knock all the cats out, even if i had no risk for engine damage, but thats just me

Took me a while before i realised the lotus exige is essentially a MR2

oh i want to do that too and ill check but had double hand surgery and can't work on car for a month. Just got it day before surgery too.

nah, the top itself is fine, just one of the weather strip thingies got bent
shouldn't be too hard to replace

nah that's actually a pretty good price for the mileage, but i'd recommend a regular manual if you can find a solid one in your price range.

You can get a 80-100k mile manual for 6k probably and not really miss much vs a 40k car.

> different chassis
> different engine
> different front and rear suspension geometry

also, you probably mean the elise since the exige was supercharged if i remember correctly

i got 40k miles facelift 6speed LSD and TTE exaust for 8.7k

ahhhh i had to get one of the rubber pieces that ripped up when we were trying to get it off. theyre kindve expensive brand new. if you were lucky you could find a junkyard piece with weatherstrips, or maybe some guy on ebay is generous.

are we talking the metal bit the screws go in, or the rubber pieces that go on top of that?

are these good first cars? slowly falling in love with the aw11 and sw20

>starts an MR-2 thread with a stock photo
>OP whats going on big guy? you just fagged my Veeky Forums

cant say that anymore. say whats up to my worst gen MR2

you digging that third party top? i know you are

i think yo car very nice

Will its wheels fit on my car?

What price range should I be looking at for an AW11 (ideally 88/89) in Florida?

1/?

2/?

wow nice shots, wish I could see more of the car though. maybe some HDRish deal idk. framing to see more of the outline of the car would be super cool too!

AW11 drops MR-S in aesthetics again. when will MR-S learn?????????

I'm taking my red wedge to the track in Shelton on the 6th, you should bring your wedge and we can snap overmeme into all the porsches together

does anyone have pics of 3rd gen ones without the big bulbous headlight glasses.

you know in a way to make em look kinda like those integrals and celicas

How did you steal my car asshole

The metal piece that has the plastic bits that pop into place. The rubber that goes around it seems give

Seems fine*

owned MR-S for a year now, no oil burning

you think toyota will make the new MR-2 low to the ground like all the other models? i hope they do

I don't see anything wrong with it senpai? Just lower it and new wheels and you got yourself a sexy as twinkmobile.

it looks feminine instead of cute imo. the bulbous headlights instead of pop-ups kills the aesthetic

Pop-ups are a thing of the past user. The 90's are dead and gone and we can all be great full for that now let the pop-up meme die too.

>great full
are you fucking for real with this

look at it its adorable. Happier than a NA. Adorable stupid grin.

the mrs would be great if it didnt have those IM TRYING TO LOOK LIKE A PORSCHE headlight... things, you know what i mean, the half cylinder shit that the headlights come out of

Nigga, are you fucking serious right now?

doggy dog world

it looks like a celica with round headlights, doesn't look like a porsche at all. Maybe on pics but not irl.
That's keeping with the theme anyway since sw20 looked like a ferrari

YAAAAY CYLINDER WALLS WHATS IN MY HOOD A TIRE

Are the precat years THAT much of an issue? It's hard to find any 2003+ under 5k.

not really, its mostly a meme and real failures are rare. It's still a case of not "if" but "when" so often they are removed.
I got post facelift for LSD and 6 speed, latter of which comes in handy for emm pee geees and road noise on highway.
If you find a pre facelift that doesn't burn oil jump on it, gut precats and you're golden.
Post facelift precats can also fail, but its rarer than an allready rare occurance.