/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>gone hollow
>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link
discord.gg/5PBsgsV
youtube.com/watch?v=WScMl8AIbOk
youtube.com/watch?v=craMN0pzhOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In just three weeks the first /dsg/ thread tourney is starting. On March 25th, 2pm PST a PC tournament will be held prior the release of The Ringed City DLC.
Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /dsg/'s champion. The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who fought.

Sign-up sheet is here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your Steam ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one, Steam IDs will be organized via that messages there and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Maximum Soul Level of 125 allowed. Someone with CE open will be monitoring all players to make sure this rule and others aren't broken.
-The starting location will be High Wall, followed by Farron Keep bridge and ending at the Darkmoon Tomb.
-Fights are best of 3
-Each fight is 2 minutes long, the one with the most % health left at the end will win if both are alive.
-Gargoyle Flame Spear, Washing Pole, Throwing Knives, Anri's Straight Sword, Ethereal Oak Shield, Ancient Greatshield, and Fire Surge are banned.
-Only two Ashen Estus sips per fight, any more and your win will not count, initiating a rematch. Do this twice and you are disqualified
-All Regen items and spells are banned to disencentize passive shittery. This includes Sun Princess Ring, Blessed Weapon, Spells like Bountiful Sunlight, the weapons/shields mentioned above with innate regen and anything infused with Blessed.
-Normal FC rules still apply such as no healing items. Fight rotation will be determined once brackets are set.

Discord link: discord.gg/5PBsgsV

Will he show up in TRC?

will we be able to get his set?

Nice OP idiot.

>fire surge banned
>gargoyle flame spear banned

why dont you just ban pyromancers while you're at it you faggots?

No one likes you pyros, shoo.

I think I'm finally done with "DIE CIS SCUM". Now I just need to finish leveling her up.

>gfs is pyro weapon
when you can just get dark plow with lower reqs and comparable damage

Only very rarely, when I feel like it. Last time I streamed DaSIII was about 3 months ago.

Cute!!

How much fanmail have you gotten through doing this?

the dark plow doesn't have a lavagasm attack

also
>Implying it isn't a pyro weapon when it has D/D/D/D scaling
it's not like it's even the longest reaching weapon, witch's locks weaponart has more reach and that's in a big sweeping move.

cute

>pyro build with gfs has less AR and invests into way more stats than a quality build using it while Onyx and Locks are actual pyro weapons

Disappointingly, very little. Probably because the Recent Player feature on the PS4 was/is broken, so the only method you have to send someone a message is by remembering their name and manually searching for it.

Faraam Knight is a true hero.

Is simple infusion alive?

Damage difference piles up since all you get from int/fth is fire damage.

>alive
Allowed*

>17 less AR
>wanting to ban weapons from casters who are already limited to very few decent weapons

27/40/20/20 is the best GFS.
Fire damage fucking sucks.

Reposting in the new thread.

Thanks. I don't know. I'm really struggling with the crow talons.

Oh also, is there any reason to use the bleed infusion?

Apparently the bleed infusion adds the same amount to the bleed value on a weapon as carthus rouge does, plus 50 extra damage when you bleed something (less for weapons that don't already have bleed).

Does the poison infusion/resin buff do aything similar? Is there any difference in the amount of damage caused per tick or just the poison value on the weapon?

That's lewd user, post cute!

Is the Carthus Bllodring worth the ring slot?

>frost buildup isn't affected by luck

what did memezaki mean by this?

I don't think From even remembers that the frost status is even in the game

>Is the Carthus Bllodring worth the ring slot?

>Raises number of i-frames from 12 (.4 sec) to 16 (.533 sec)

if you ever played high level DaS2 pvp you'd know that it is the gayest shit ever to fight someone with 16 iframes

you can literally roll into people r1 spamming a straightsword and not give a damn, equip kirks armor for maximum troll.

CUTE

why did they remove the pyromancer class in ds2?

youtube.com/watch?v=WScMl8AIbOk

the fact that isn't banned is a testament to the incompetence of this tournament

...Well ok then.

alright!

So what I'm getting from this is that it's really good, but I'm a cheap fuck if i use it?

pretty much, but hey if you feel like going full tryhard make sure you dont forget it.

Is not allowing buffing on special/unique weapons in DS1/DS3 really a necessary thing for balance purposes?

if a join a different covenant, do I lose my rank in the first covenant? What if I spent alot of humanity to get the rank? It'll all be wasted?

Hey hey, I'm not using a dark sword while wearing that particular armor set.

Okay then, I've already go the fap ring, what rings do you think i should have? What's essential or really good?

>from
>having any idea what they're doing

basically they just got scared and didn't want to repeat the buffing moonlight greatsword in 2 (pre-patch)

You lose half your current offerings in that covenant. So if you were at 30 humanity offered, it is cut down to 15.

Cute!

You lose half each time you leave a particular covenant. So if you have 20 humanity in a covenant and leave, when you rejoin you'll have 10. I'm pretty sure.

Life&Chloranthy
If you need equip load, Havels. Otherwise leave the 4th slot for utility(Leo, Sun Princess, Hornet )
Assuming you aren't caster of course

>dark sword
>fallen knight set
>tryhard

oh you are like a little babeh who gets tryhard and shitter mixed up.

being actually good with the dark sword is harder than say, Gotthards or washing pole.
the reason dark sword gets a bad rap is because you see a lot of hosts who just r1 spam their way through the game with it and then they get BTFO the second it doesn't work.

Thanks!

Interesting! I've never used the dark sword before, but I've heard the weapon art is really good, plus it's a strength biased ss. I might put it in the offhand of my next strength build.

yes it is

>but I've heard the weapon art is really good, plus it's a strength biased ss.

Stomp is only good against people who expect you to r1 spam, you will never hit anyone who's seen it before

also it's a quality sword, there are no strenght swords, the closest to you get is the millwood battleaxe, otherwise you have to stick to hammers, big hammers and big axes.

stomping into friede scythe combo is really satisfying though

>stick to hammers
Hammers are quality weapons, too

Doubt and doubt.

>mfw trying aldrich faithful for the first time at sl58
This is so much fun

If he doesn't, I'm going to kill myself

>Hammers are quality weapons, too

i don't any hammer is except drang hammers and those get a pass because dual weapon

Artorias, taller than you even when he is hunchback

He likely porked Ciaran.

pic related

>minus 80 physical damage
>get 65 fire damage
>with higher stat investment than quality
wooow, great caster weapon my man

Holy fuck when will the sidemouth meme die?

>pre-nerf gotthards
Yeah man, let's ban dark sword, estoc and farron memesword because they were FOTM on release day.

Maybe he wasn't all in proportion and it was human sized. His greatsword was compensating for his lacking in other areas.

>using a greatshield turtle build
>people unzip a curved sword
>I equip the bloodring
>mfw

Ciaran has a condition. Please don't make fun of her for it. She's very insecure about it.

>not following the conversation chain

the discussion was about carthus bloodring you turbo-faggot

sidemouth meme? what do you mean user?

Post more Setz stuff!

I could have sworn it had a str bias.

I've only ever seen one person do the wa of the dark sword (outside of youtube videos of course), and I'm pretty sure they did it by accident, as all they did was the opening r2 and then they went back to r1 spamming.

Some of the axes are good for offhand str weapons. Particularly the brigand's, man serpent's, and dragon slayer's. But i like the man serpent hatchet the best, slightly more range iirc.

>implying bloodring is any good without a weapon that can abuse it

it's not even that good

>Using stomp with Darksword
What a great way to get hit 3 times to deliver a single straight sword hit.
Brilliant design from the Dark Souls 3 team.

you do know that you take reduced damage during a stomp like perseverance right?

you do also know that the stomp hit will do 500+ damage on people right?

>Dark Sword Stomp hits
>500
No

>you do know that you take reduced damage during a stomp like perseverance right?
Not all stomps

and that's how we know you dont have the faintest clue about what you're talking about

take dark sword
stomp
look at your stat screen
realize you're a retard

I need advice from you guys. What should I make for my final DS3 build? So far I have:

>SL120 Quality build, first char I beat the game with
>SL120 Quality/Faith hybrid paladin
>SL120 Int build using MLGS
>SL42 dickass thief Catacombs invader
>SL37 stealth mage themed Cathedral cooper/invader
>SL120 Int/Fai pure caster
>SL120 Str/Pyro Demon Fist user
>SL37 Farron Keep coop build with 27 Str
>SL83 Dex user, endgame area invader

I feel like I should have one around 50-70, but I can't decide on a theme. I've been considering:

>Dex build with a weeaboo theme
>Dex/Luck bleed build
>Dex/Faith Londor swordsman with dark miracles
>Str/Fai Millwood wanderer focused on HP regen
>Frostbite themed build with Friede's Scythe and Snap Freeze

I know the last one would be borderline worthless in practicality, but I've ran a poison build before and I've noticed hosts tend to play a lot more passive when they have a bar filling up, even if it's harmless.

What do you guys think I should do? Any suggestions? Also pic related is my build lineup so far.

I refuse to believe a weapon with 430 AR refined in a 40\40 build is going to hit a player for 500+ damage with a charge R2 stomp.
And if I'm wrong its still fucking useless because you're going to lose that trade every single fucking time to 3 straight sword, greatsword or ultra hits. Stomp on a straight sword class weapon is fucking stupid because it cant launch.

It's actually better, the launches and pancakes are useless and only look cool. Dark sword can combo stomp into r1.

IS THERE A FUCKING CE OPTION THAT DOESN'T LET INVADERS HIT YOU?

>forcing someone to roll recover after a launch and breaking their attack chain is useless.
>Dark sword is good
What sort of fresh hell have I entered.

yeah, infinite i-frames

The only other Setz comics I have are BB-related.

Dual Morion blade with Red tear stone and Blood Ring.

>TRC stream later today
>know that i won't have enough willpower to not watch it
>decided to wait for pc version of nier automata so i don't have anything to divert my attention
fuck my life

that reminds me of my time playing das2 and my attempt to get a youtube channel going youtube.com/watch?v=craMN0pzhOg

both have passed, but the nostalgia...

Isn't it at the 15th?

Based Gehrman

Yeah you can alter the number of I-frames rolling gives you, I see lots of people who gank invaders doing it.

That too, but there's going to be one today at PAX East or something.

you take 60% less damage while stomping
while 2-handing the dark sword has nearly 460 AR (and you will always be 2 handing if you're stomping)
and it does do 500+ damage, but again as I said in the first post it will only hit people who are stupid enough to stay in your face and/or are shit at rolling

It's okay, I love Bloodborne.

What are they showing in it?

This guy was literally just standing still though.
And I just ran into another one, just stands there after I kill their phantom.
Fucking subhuman faggots.