>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:
>

weeb bums with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How old were you when you realized a sportbike was wasted on you?

Road rossi for lyfeeeeee

I'm 27 and I still like mine

whats the deal with fake headlight stickers?

That's a track-only bike, maybe it looks weird to the average consumer with just a smooth cowl

Anyone on /dbt/ from NZ?
>TFW winter is coming

Can anyone help me out with a shifter seal replacement? it's a zxr400 (92).
had been noticing spots of oil below the kickstand in the mornings, identified the leaks seal as the shifter seal rather than the final drive sproket seal.

Basically what i'm tryna figure out is whether i can just pick the old seal out (from the outside of the bike) and push the new one in? Or do i have to take the clutch apart and do it from the inside? Have done some extensive googling and there's nothing about it on the zxrworld forum.

brit user with the honda vfr 400 any ideas?

harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892.html
If you're talking about this one it's pretty good once you attach a real front wheel chock to it. My dad has had two in the shop for years that see daily use, no problems.

>40 years old
>still ride an r1
>rode nakeds, supermotos, advs, cruisers, etc
>always go back to the supersports and leaders.
It just feels right.

liter sport-nakeds are where it's at. performance of supersports, no fairings to mess around with, aesthetic.

>/dbt/'s sport bike obsession

>zxr400
noice

>sportbike flaws: muh comfort
>spend $600 on risers, adjustable rearsets, luggage, and a seat instead of $15000 on a new v. mature and sensible honduh CB1100
>performance not significantly affected, mods reversible for track days, rearsets can be adjusted for aggressive position or comfort
>bike made significantly better than any standard
>no bro sportbikes suck

I can ride my gsxr for 5 hours non stop and the only discomfort is the seat, but I don't really notice it until I get off anyway. Why do people act like you'll be in crippling pain if you ride a sports bike for more than 30mins?

>tfw leaning towards sport bike after muh comfy enduro
What you going to do bitch

Im not sure if its because im 40, but i dont like the naked look.
Agreed, i have raised bars on my r1, and nicer rearsets. Its perfect for track, weekend, and cruising all in one. While being fast as hell and looking great.

>going slow when you could be going fast
I'll never understand it.

It legit depends on how tall you are for the bike

Marketing

I'm 6ft, so if anything I should be feeling more pain?

I don't get it either, hell even
This old man can handle it.
If a sportbike is to harsh for you, you're a lil bitch

>lil bitch
Sit down.

I'm 5'10" with a short torso, but arms are always in proportion to height so supersports are damn comfy

Having a long body and short legs for your height would probably suck

>Why do people act like you'll be in crippling pain if you ride a sports bike for more than 30mins?
They want to feel justified for owning a slower bike.

>If a sportbike is to harsh for you, you're a lil bitch

Or just have a fucked back.

>going uncomfy when you could be going comfy

What's the easiest bike to wrench on? As in smallest amount of baloney you have to take off for the stuff, easy access, low intervals, etc.

BMW R-series

KLR650

>new to riding
>prepare to stop at a red light
>shift from 5th to 1st and brake
>going about 50km/h
>light turns green
>drop clutch to prepare to go
>forgot I was in first
>engine revs at 3k over redline
>intense engine braking, almost get thrown off
>pull clutch back in, shift up
>somehow didn't grenade the engine

Like 20. Haven't owned one though.
New GIXRR looks pretty sick though.

bullshit, those suck to work on
something like a dual sport or an old bike like a bonneville. older harley's are really easy to work on.

Be humble? Is that what we're doing?

Is it sacrilege to replace factory bolts and screws with hardware store equivalents? I don't want to mess up my bike's bavarian magic

DR650 or similar dual sport

It's fine as long as the bolts are the same standard.
If it's a treated bolt, use a treated bolt.

how high were you yesterday?

the bolts are where the power is, only use hardware ones if you want to turn your litre to a 50

this was about a year ago or so, only got the testicular fortitude to post it now

I've learned from it and just downshift and rev-match never going right to first.

What bolts are treated? I've only replaced some bolts that hold on the fairings and other plastics

>bullshit, those suck to work on

But everything is exposed already. What's hard on them?

My friend just bought one for his first bike and he's really happy with it

Just order a kit from Bolt Harware for $20 and never worry about it again.

i dont like the look of the naked bikes either but riding one on the road is awesome.

>implying I'm man enough to peter
650 bruh

>liter twin
muh nigga

>i dont like the look of the naked bikes
>posts picture of one of the best looking bikes you can buy
pls

Should i get a HJC RPHA 11 Pro or a Shoei rf 1200 helmet

I don't have one but I want one even though I know it'll be wasted.

This

I kept hearing about how relativelly comfy an sv650s is on long rides so I bought one on a whim

My knees didnt fit at all in the tank indents, I couldnt tuck whatsover without my elbows going below/beside my knees, and riding normally my torso felt waaay to long for the bike. I was sore af after an hour, but my fz09 I can ride all day. Being 6'3 sucks

then you better get used to pedalling

>shift from 5th to 1st and brake
>going about 50km/h
Why would you do that?

refer to original image

I knew i never needed one. i like dual sports but i live in the city. So i went with a sports bike instead.

I wish they taught metrics in the US. I'm 25 and our units of measurements are too ingrained in my head. I'd have to work really hard to overcome that.

and this kiddos is why we gradually downshift as we slow down

i think my GSXR looked better then the 1290.

I'm 40 and still ride them. Maybe because I'm not a raging fatass? I'm also pretty fast on the track.

I also know a guy pushing 70 who could ride around the outside of me, on a sweet RSV4.

>suzuki
>looking good
nah

more like
>sport bike
>looking good

what ever man i loved the way it looked.

they're butterfaces, the sides and rear always look good but god I hate the front of them.

Why cant suzuki make good looking bikes other than the sv650?

Bikes are expensive. Anywhere you can save some bread doing shit that don't matter, go for it. Bolts, brand of oil/brake fluid it's all mostly the same shit, brand of headlight bulbs, aftermarket or oem fairings they all look the same no one can tell

I'd have to agree that is a fugly light but that R swosh faring is tight

I wouldn't even say it looks good, it just looks average.

A shame because the GSXR-750 is a perfect bike for where I live but I'll never own one because I can't stand the look of them

KTM a shit

This looks good.

the whole shtick of superbikes is that they're the same ones you can buy at dealerships, hence the production requirements for homologation. the stickers just lend to that

post bike

best way to emergency stop (on 6th gear)
>hit brakes
>because you all nervous and don't have time so just hit the brakes and don't downshift yet (by the time you will be in the next step the revs will be low enough)
>then
>clutch in and downshift to 4
>clutch out to let engine brake help you
>than downshift more if you can
all this time always hit the brakes

Even in 30 km don't hold the clutch yet so the engine can help you brake all the time.
the worst thing to do is to hold clutch from the beginning.

sorry for my English.

I wrote it because of previous thread

>engage front brake until rear tire is off the ground
>keep it hovering and put your weight back
>no need to even use the rear brake or engine

man DBT turns into a bunch of nancy fashionistas
when it comes to how a bike looks.

Function>form, Looks are irrelevant if the bike rides like shit.

>clutch out to let engine brake help you

wow

you know that this will actually lengthen your brake-distance and probably get your rear to start hopping right? Why the fuck would you EVER release the clutch while braking?

>accelerate into the oncoming porsche
>spread your wings

>tfw no GSX-R50

why live?

Whatever you do, dont post beautiful buells

If you don't double-take your bike every time you park to catch another glimpse of its beauty you bought the wrong bike

It's the grade I'd worry about. not sure how you murricans handle it, but I replaced a load of the shite phillips bolts that came on mine with 12.9 SCHS. Anything down to 8.8 is probably better than what came on the bike, and you don't get nearly as much camming out.

Treatments you're likely to see:
dullish grey - untreated bare metal, avoid
very shiny silver - zinc galvanized, every corrosion resistant
black - black oxide, bless these bolts, but they're not really for outdoors applications
gold - not sure what this is, but good corrosion resistance anyway

if you are to too distracted thinking about how great the ride is to care what the bike looks like you bought the right bike.

easy because thats impossible

You can have both

You look good

all the carbon and öhlins in the world wont save those bland fairings and the shapeless frame.

And good job on making those mirrors/signals look cheap and toy-like again.

>look dad I bought the most boring looking bike I could possibly find to meme on the internet and feel superior because real bikers buy it for the ride. r-right? do you like me now?

Best looking sportbike coming through

dealer nearby is having kawasakis and aprillia testrides tomorrow... should I go? I kinda wanted to go on a long trip this weekend, not wait in line to ride a zx10r

>he rides motorcycles for comfort

are you operating the ideal vehicle for you?

the rear won't won't hopping because the revs won't be high and you let off the clutch slowly and can downshift again.
a lot of the time when you hold the clutch in the bike move with less resistance.(without thorethle in both cases)

in my emergency stops whenever I hold the clutch toward the end of the stop, it feel like the bike go faster for a split second because the engine is not resistancing the wheels.

but that requires money and everyone on DBT doesn't make jack shit for money.

pls Halp!
i dont want to die!!

so ride a Z900 and MT 10 instead?

Why does every stupid biker think they need a hand gun on them when riding. wtf would you ever use that for? "Oh no I saw a snake, better go back and shoot it." No one needs a gun in their car to buy groceries, and certainly no one needs a gun to ride a motorcycle. Carrying a gun when riding is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard of

>look dad i bought this bike and its a blast to ride.

Which one fits? But that one

Tips to avoid the police? Not evade, just never come in contact with them at all?