GTR common problems

So i hear everybody complaining about the reliability of the c7, i read reviews and they are just plain bad. It's badly engineered car period.

But what problems can I expect from a '17 GTR?

Other urls found in this thread:

gtrfails.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A car that is 1000 lbs heavier than it should be.

The transmission shits itself often and happens to catch flames while tracking

Yeah, pretty much

it doesn't seem to suffer from it performance wise, im talking about faults in the drivetrain, suspension, interior...

this problem has been resolved already, any source on '17 gtrs doing that?

gr8 b8 m8

Just see how many of these issues have been fixed.

gtrfails.com/

Wow the GTR is purely a benchracer car?

Who woulda thunk it?

what?
thanks for the link, interesting stuff but it appears to be about a '14 model, i knew these had some problems what i want to know now is if the 2017 ones are any good

kek

get a porsche gt3 you dumb fucking vapelord

>what can I expect from a '17 GTR?

not much lel

im asking this for my father, he wouldn't track it but that is quite impressive, the c7 being able to run an entire lap of big willow that is.
too expensive

Glass trans

it has to be a '17 model for fiscal reasons.
Im not sure what you are trying to prove with that image also.

Guys, can i just get some advice and sources on what is prone to fail on a 17 gtr? I appreciate all the input

That's why I'm telling you to look through the problems specifically and then research whether they've been fixed.

How the fuck are you in the position to buy a GT-R if you don't want to do any work?

That's all most "supercars" are nowadays, really. Shame, because the older GTRs used to be pretty decent for track usage.

Then again, that's from only a couple years into the GTR's run in dealerships. Stuff may have been fixed by now, but knowing current Nissan I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Dunno, I don't own one. Nissan's quality has completely nosedived since the 90s though. I would steer clear of any Nissan on the market today. They consistently rank just above Fiat-Jeep on Consuner Reports. That is, second to last.

nobody here can actually give you a good answer

everything the people here know about the GTR consists of benchracing the NISMO trim against the Z07 Corvette.

for more accurate information please visit a GTR forum

that is the 2017 model

>it but that is quite impressive, the c7 being able to run an entire lap of big willow that is.
Kek
GM btfo

Well, i wish i was able to buy one but its for my father.
I don't really understand how anyone could be interested in any other nissan but the GTR, maybe the 370z but it's really old now.
It's just a niche car segment.
Hehe, I can see why they are more or less in the same price range and offer a lot of performance for the money, he c7 is a great looking car but fails to be reliable. Which is a shame really, otherwise this would have been a no brainer.
I'll look around I just figured i could be lazy since we have a auto board here..

thanks for the replies

No one can give you a straight answer because the facelifted model is still relatively new, ask in 3 years and you'll have a chuckful of info

The GTR is older than the 370z by a couple years.

You're probably thinking about the 350.

the 370 and 350 are on the exact same platform..

The difference between them are like the difference between the Zeta Camaro and Zeta Commodore.

Well yeah, that's kind of the entire point of the z-car.