/dlg/ - Duel Links General

/dlg/ - Duel Links General

Grandpa's Cards edition
Continuing to revamp the OP sub-edition

Last Thread Latest News
>Special duel event happening soon where everyone has to use the Exodia skill
>Yugi Muto event starting on the 13th
>KC cup rewards redeemable until the 13th
>Extracted files showing potential cards to be added - drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8mP_fxnqSU3NDVQMWZOVjU1RVU

Useful Links:
>Wiki with good info on LDs, skills and how to obtain cards
duellinks.gamea.co

>Starting guide that you probably shouldn't trust
duellinks.gamea.co/c/edru5z1z

>Android download
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.konami.duellinks&hl=en

>Android emulator
bignox.com/ (download, install, make a google account, download duel links from the playstore)

>Outdated Farming Guide:
reddit.com/r/DuelLinks/comments/5p7hwp/the_farming_guide/

>A few tips for new players
-Buy Ultimate Rising before it disappears at the end of March
-Don't bother buying Age of Discovery
-Turn your game speed up to full
-Playing on Nox is the optimal way to play PVP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fmsWfjDx4dg
youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Go to YCS
>Have to duel a nostalgia fag with a beatdown deck
>He tells me duel links got into the game again
>Beat his ass and decide to have some fun humiliating him every turn
>Top YCS at the end of the day

Thanks KONAMI

I guess I don't understand this game that well because I have no idea what people are talking about when they say Thunder Dragons with Switcheroo is broken.

>everybody said "oh, don't bother leveling Weevil, he's shit and so are all of his cards"
>this patch comes around
>everybody is playing fucking Weevil for glorious turn 1 Paracide horseshit
I guess the moral of the story is to just level everybody, regardless of what reddit says.

They are just trolling you mate. Thunder dragons arent very good.

Thunder Dragons used to be JP TOP TIER BEST IN GAME, but then NA started playing and proved once again that Japan doesn't know what the fuck it's doing.

It's because it's thinning the the deck by 3

>7 star, 2 cost card has 2300 atk
>6 star, 1 cost card has 2500 atk
>another 6 star 1 cost has 2200 atk
>none of these cards have effects
What were they thinking?

fuuuucking sick of mill decks
this game didn't need fucking hiro's

ON A 2002 META
WOAH

please go back to your own general

balance

I can't see any reason I'd ever use (vanilla) Gaia or Judge Man over Summoned Skull.

>Use with a 20 card deck and switcheroo
>Your turn, you draw one dragon
>Use his effect
>You take out 2 more cards out of your deck, which is good because you now have a smaller pool to draw from, and hence have better chances at drawing key cards
>You get two fodder cards in your hands, technically a plus one (and once you actually swap them out for real cards)
>Use switcheroo on a fodder dragon
>Get a key card from your small deck pool
>Use the effect of the last dragon in your hand to discard it and get the third dragon you just put in your deck (No reason to keep it in your deck)
>Use switcheroo again next turn
You could also use them for balloons, jammer, a ritual, anything really. They're broken on Kieth, high risk high reward on anyone else

>high risk high reward on anyone else
More like all risk, zero reward on anyone else. Without also having Switcheroo shenanigans, you waste too many valuable actions and turns dragging them out of your deck to do something useful with them.

How do I fight the Vagabond more often? Need to level my LDs.

>finally add motherfucking Gradius
OH YES
>Machine-type support is still dogshit
OH NO

>loaner deck is all tribute monsters and equip spells
>no traps
>no monsters are level 4 or lower
>literally can't play any of the cards in the deck
wat

Post it

>get jack shit all for XP and rewards in PvP
>which takes like 10 times longer than all NPC duels because your opponent apparently has a 28.8 modem for their Internet connection
Konami's decisions really confuse me.

what's the booster buying strategy?

There's no 'strategy'. Just buy the boosters with cards you need.

My strategy: don't, unless you want something in the pack.

Not that user, but someone who just got the game today. Which pack has the actual good shit in it?

Also, I saw that it has UR listed as 1 each. Does that mean there's only one of each of those in each 200 pack "box"?

They all have good shit in them. Plan a deck and get the cards you need.

Ultimate Rising is still the "best" for new players, but if you don't want any of the shit in it, buy something else. And yes on the rarities. You can reset a box if you get the UR you want.

>heavy mech, oilman, dupe, 2 free 700 boosts per duel
>dogshit

So the smart thing to do is just buy the packs one at a time and if I get the shit I want, instant reset?

Why does half of the non LD AI deck have no win condition ? Like I'm at rank 36 and deck like the flip oriented deck can't possibly win and seems to be here just to make you waste your time.

>tfw you turn the fucking duel around and really just shit all over your opponent in a big angry way
youtube.com/watch?v=fmsWfjDx4dg

>just to make you waste your time

You answered your own question

>Are there NPCs designed with stall decks just to waste my time?
I can't possibly imagine a F2P mobile game ever employing such tactics.

>tfw it's about to happen to you but then you Trap Jammer his Mirror Wall/Golden Apples

>tfw
youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

But at the same rank the graveyard deck also waste my time but it isn't that obvious.

>the graveyard deck also wastes my time
Yes, it does.

its for exp farming with a bot
if you surrender you get nothing but if you loose (which is most likely with this deck) you get a lil bit to advance

But you get even MORE exp for winning a duel with a playable, not-shit deck.

i know right... tell that those chink farmers

They probably don't care and it's probably easier to make a bot who lose than one who win.

>CED 1st Edition IOC-000 is still way too expensive
I j-just want one for memorys sake...

What does /dlg/ think?

its shit

Pt. 2

This is bad. I think it's bad.

Too much stuff going on, keep your deck at around 20 cards, get better cards.

>3 Fusion Monsters
>only 2 of each material
>1 Polymerization

l m a o

Tragic desu, all fusions will be terrible as well until we get more support

So /dlg/, have you already start deckbuilding for the Grandpa's card event?

same decks but with 3x wonder wand added

I will look forward to people running 3 abysmalls designators

unless there is an incentive to win via exodia then no one will bother trying to win with it because its just bad

Can you win by Exodia's effect if some of the pieces are on your field? Because I might try a Backup Solider/Wrecker Panda build

No.

Game's fucking garbage.
The only time any degree of skill is involved is when BOTH players get lucky with their draws.
Otherwise it's whoever was lucky and if you're unlucky you might as well just surrender.
Garbage fucking gambling game that masquerades itself as "skill-based" when it really isn't.

No, they must be in you hand.

Thats Yugioh for you

Welcome to card games, also get gud you scrub

So why even play? Had to surrender a Mirror Match twice because I got brick hands while the AI got PERFECT topdecks and fucking reamed my asshole. There was literally nothing I could do to recover, just completely fucked because I didn't get lucky.

Mind posting your deck?

>posting your deck
It's the Ritual deck from the Deck Challenge, not a creation of my own.

>brick hard against "I Cheat to Win" Vagabond
>"Excellent Dueling

No it fucking wasn't you faggot don't fucking patronize me.

It was an excellent duel, you fought well.

I always say that when i play online with some of the chat guys and they aren't able to even scratch me

>Cyber-stein still costs 5000LP in a game where you start with 4000
Is he even remotely usable? I know you could run a LP recovery deck to get him out, but I question if the cost and risk of losing 5k LP would really be remotely worth it instead of just running a proper Fusion deck.

Check Tea's skills

Most of the skill in card games is building a deck to be as consistent as possible and learning how to use it to its full potential
Shitters who complain about bricking and luck always come across as so dumb when they don't understand that the reason they keep losing is because of their crappy not-optimised deck

Interesting but ultimately gimmicky.

Is the game running like dogshit for anyone else? People have been taking a year for their turns.

As it should be. Cyber-Stein is banned in the actual card game for a reason.

If I played this on a Iphone at first and want to transfer my data to the android emulator can I do that?

If u stoop being a rtard can u be smart?

It's incredibly gimmicky. Ran into a japs in the KC cup that did it and dropped them easily the deck is terrible and anyone who thinks having 2 3500+ beatsticks on the field with no backrow is a good thing is retarded

time is a non-issue unless your internet is shit as fuck. The real issue with the Thunder Dragons is that opening any number higher than 1 is awful, and you need to use your switcheroo skill to return any dead copies to deck making it worthless in some situations.

Absolutely never listen to this namefag and filter him

The cyber stein deck is legit and carried a few people into top 100. It's just expensive.

lol ok keep trying to trick new players just because you can't contain your autism

Seems like a good way to get shit on if they have a card in their hand that lets them destroy your Ultimate Dragon. You're out 5k LP and one of your two beaters. If they do it twice you're literally fucked with no backup.

so is
lying too?

>The real issue with the Thunder Dragons is that opening any number higher than 1 is awful,
Not really. Unless you draw all 3 of them it virtually is the same thing as only drawing one.
What you have to do is activate one of your TDs, get your third one, switcheroo one of the two TDs you have in hand and use its effect again.

This way you maintain your +2 and your chances of switcherooing a TD for a TD get smaller.

Oh sorry, I just realized you were talking about Thunder Dragon in general, not just while using Keith

>reminder this fag wants swords of revealing light + MST

Might as well add Mirror Force while we're at it and complete the holy trifecta of unfun shit.

>not a single Tea which is essential for the deck in the top 100
If you're gonna call out a namefag at least have evidence to back it up

the point of Switcheroo is thinning your deck while ncreasing the chance of getting valuable cards on hand. Having to waste one of your switcheroos into shuffling back one of your dead Thunder Dragons is one of the reasons it's not really worth it. It's high risk, high reward, and on everything else other than Switcheroo is shit.

I'm not stupid, I've already played YuGioh for about 7 years. You can reduce the damage of opening anything more than 1 copy of Thunder Dragon, but the ideal hand is always 1 Thunder Dragon and not any higher number.

You're supposed to discard for 2 Thunder Dragons, reducing your deck size to 14. Then switch one of the Thunder Dragons with one card in deck and discard the second Thunder Dragon for the remaining one. This way you guarantee a 5 card hand turn 1 with the dead Thunder Dragon acting like a blank card a la Upstart. You want a 17 card deck. Opening anything higher than 1 Thunder Dragon means your deck is now 18 or 19 cards.

>deflecting
k
also I keep my name up so people can add me I enjoy dueling and do the same on reddit as well.

19 or 20, not 18-19, sorry. The Thunder Dragons make your deck size 18 cards in a best case scenario.

LOL reddit

this person is a literal redditor, where the fuck are the mods?

Rough draft for Exodia.

we're more popular than dueling network now
We made it boys!

>not normal monsters with Heart of the Underdog
pleb

I see why Parshath but I don't think you'' be getting it out unless you're opponent gets scared to attack could run dark mimick instead for more draw speed

does exodia count as a normal?

This is a great idea for a deck!

Do you count as a retrard?

This game need a sugo/dokkan feast like event add to the game.

Hey come on man that's not nice

I'm from reddit, so I know what's nice.

Well i've never seen the card before asshole, So I don't know if it says effect or not.

You know apes have this mental block where they can't understand that people might not know the same information as them, to an ape everyone should know what they know. are you an ape? do you possess this mental blockage?