/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
TV Commercial: youtube.com/watch?v=uz33yhYo-pU

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: Switch Axe, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12501359
strawpoll.me/12501796
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rL5ywHKhtDCSHaxOEm9Qceaqn8aF1Z84glMiZSXy29E/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Barioth!

Hey /grandapa gen/,
were you even as good as Akantot Boyz?

pok pok akantot

Monster Hunter on PS4 when?

Now that Dragon Quest is on both Nintend and Sony consoles MH should be also on both

I get angry at meowstress posters because I hate myself for having a cub fetish.

Lagombi a cute. CUTE!

wew lad

Wonder how much Sony will hype it up just like they did with DQ

What does this mean? Does redhelm shoot something in the game?

cia where?

in 5 hours

IMPORTANT /MHG/ POLL

strawpoll.me/12501359

I'm confused myself, but I can tell you it's holding the Arzuros bowgun.

>no prowler option
>no (You) option
>no all of the above option
It's shit

well it's a main game only poll why would we include spinoff gimmicks?

>actually playing in mhg rooms

But the CB is right there?

ZING
nice one!

it was in 4U

Spin-off

>CB
>not a gimmick

memebladers actually believe this

CB users are either extremely godly
or extremely bad

There's no okay CB user

I can occasionally GP, doesn't that make me an okay CB user

This. You either have a good day where you hit your GPs and get KOs and part breaks left and right or you miss your GPs, your Energy Blades, mess up the button press and do an Ultra AED.

No, an okay CB user is someone who can consistently GB but still pulls mediocre times because they're not that great at timing their discharges.
At least my opinion.

any flowcharts for XX changes yet? Specifically the Beast Prowler controls and what is so special about their backwards hop

1 pick my weapon for soloing FU

hbg butt

GL

The only time it was good. It just went downhill from there.

GL was shit in FU, the only game GL was good was 3U, same for HH

Solo HH is viable in 3U? By viable I mean decent clear times.

>HH was good in 3rd gen after they removed recital mode

No fuck you

yes

abyssal lagi HH is op

>actually preferring recital mode

strawpoll.me/12501796
strawpoll.me/12501796

URGENT CRITICAL POLL

>Can't pick multiple options
wew

CharlotteI wish

will people hate me online if i use gl ?

HH

>first reply is 1
>keep replying

I miss 4U /mhg/. Even during the 4U demo we had a fucking blast, not to mention we had actual competent players here.

the best game of a series tends to have the best community.

4u was the dark souls 1 of monhun, sadly.

The last time /mhg/ had good player was during 3U when MH4 came out in the east.

{U}

I will if you shell a bunch

4U had the most hunters from /mhg/ engaging in TA with some people achieving very good times.

not if you use a wide gl and shell a lot.

4U also had a fuck ton of shitters.

The average player during the 3U era was way better than the average player during the 4U era

Why bother participating in the poll if you are going to lie?
I know for a fact that over 68% of /mhg/ is gay.

Who though this would be a good Idea?

yuuta

That garbage monster makes me sick.

>horn's backsmash is STILL 46 MV
>for a move you STILL can not evade out of
>for a move that is STILL is slow
>instead we got HURR HURR MORE SONG BUFFS
Horn does not have a problem with it's moveset
Horn does not need more buffs with recital mode
Horn needs to be able to actually evade out of it's attacks, a thing Hammer can do with it's fucking golf swing
Horn needs to have higher motion values
Horn also needs proper craftables like in 3U. Not like in 4U and Gen where all there was is Akantor

Which ones are the competent 4U players?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rL5ywHKhtDCSHaxOEm9Qceaqn8aF1Z84glMiZSXy29E/edit#gid=0

I miss these faggots.

Frontiershit is leaking.

how much the increase on the skill Critical Boost?

1.4x

>no zinogre jasper for a week
>suddenly 3 in the same quest

thanks moofy

>day 4
>still no crook
>sitting on 7 gems

Capcom doesn't want HH to be anything more than a support weapon.

>alchemy HH

If i want to update the 3ds i got with a very deprecated CFW (rx on 11.2) that runs with MSET profile on sysnand 4.2 will i just have to switch the .dat files from RX to Luma and that will do it? wouldn't mess with the MSET profile thing?

Previous owner told me that was very delicate and not so easy to configure again in case i lost it (he gave a QR code just in case but i'm not sure if the page or exploit is still up)

>>>>>>>>>>>/hbg/

Tried...they started sperging and spouting memes about rei or that i was a japanese speedrunner or some stupid shit like that.

Since i'm only interested in updating for playing MH i really don't wanna go through the trouble of changing to arm9lhx cause i live in a third world shithole and don't even have internet at home.

A normal critical attack deals +25% of base damage. While you have the Critical Boost skill, critical attacks deal +40% damage.

Anyone here used PPSSPP or a similar emulator on a smartphone? Were you able to find a Bluetooth controller that worked well with MHFU?

well they can't all be gold

Anyone have the Tamamitsune violently shaking gif

Thank (You)

I bought a 2ds a month ago, it is ok for Monster Hunter, I guess with a extra stick would be better, but I don't miss enough to pay the double. But the small screen is really killing me. Also, my arms go numb when I play on bed.

Welp.

I need help

I met this really cute rathian while traveling. She's super sweet and all. I keep playing with her ruby, makes her cum everytime but I forgot my cold drink so I can't really have vaginal sex with her, it's too hot.

Anyone have an idea on what I should do.

I know exactly what you need to do. Go back to and stay there.

From what I've heard from most people, playing on a small screen isn't the worst thing in the world, some say it's better. I wouldn't know considering how I bought 4U with my New 3DS XL on release.

The D-pad quality is much higher than the XL which is near unusable. The only fuckup you did was not getting a N3DS

N3DS > 2DS >O3DS > O3DS XL

What Western game is closest to Monster Hunter?

Games that already exist, so Dauntless doesn't count.

>that webm

fuck... I regret buying the Nintendo games now...

Is it in English? doesn't look like frontier, what is it? I want to get my hands on it.

That's Monster Hunter Online, the Chinese freemium version of the game.

>More 240p gameplay

Ahahahaa how many years are they going to cuck the west for? not like the industry hasn't hit the lowest of the low for a while but you got me fucked up if they think some dumbass new jet monster is going to redeem years of sub-par ports. Monster hunter just doesn't belong to the nintenyearold audience, you fuckers are the most casual shit out there.

it's significantly worse than frontier.
the only thing it has going for it is the graphics.

I don't have a farm on MH4U? How do I get easy ingredients?

Why don't you keep playing and find out

Japan loves their handhelds and the install base of the 3ds is really high. Unless a vita 2 is coming out It's likely going to stay put.
It's unfortunate, a mainline PC monhun would be great.

Am i just retarded that my best times on training in 4u are with gunlance ?

gunlance is always stronger at low ranks because shelling is fixed damage, they really need to make it a fixed mv like power phial.

The thing I care about the most is field of view to be honest. Stuff like the random explosions when you fight shagaru magala would not be nearly as annoying if it wasnt so easy to walk into one that happened to be offscreen somewhere near you.

>yellow sharpness weapon
>low rank monster
>shelling
What a hard equation.

soul sacrifice

It frustrates me that by doing that GL would be mostly fine except for the fact it is kinda slow and clunky but they never ever bother with that obvious change so it forever remains absolutely worthless.

Horizon? I haven't played it but killing giant monsters for the parts to make better stuff while targeting certain parts of them seems pretty monhun.

Dauntless, but it's not out yet.