Join the discord
discord.gg/qgU57gt

Daily reminder no one likes bikers

Early for yamalube

>get all psyched to replace clutch internals tonight
>new springs are a millimeter below service limit
>all the bike shops around here are closed till tomorrow morning
reeeeee

Just put a new handIebar on my bike. Was never able to stand up on it comfortably without awkwardly bending over. Also the stock bar was steel and all scratched and bent. Replaced throttle tube and grips while I was at it.

Got the KX High bend because the spec sheets show it to be one of the highest bends. Also aluminum because reason.

Took it for a spin and it is a serious improvement in comfort and control while standing up. Also better while sitting. But it still is not quite there in terms of height.

Thinking of getting another 1" riser mounts to put it where I think it should be.

I'm 6'2" 34" inseam. Anyone else have to go to drastic measures to get the bars up to a comfortable height on a bike? Any reason not to get 1" spacers for the mounts?

>clamp them in vice one at a time and pry them out longer

So? No one likes furries and those fags still keep doing their thing

>he couldnt handle a real R6 so he got the knock off

Any of you Massachusetts fags going to be at MOMS Foxboro tomorrow morning? They are doing an Indian demo ride. I'll be there

if you're going to post pics of your """"new""" bike at least post some fucking good pictures you mongoloid

Yeah if there's one thing cyclists have right it's standards for new bike pictures.

well, fuck

He's on restriction and not allowed to touch it so he has to take pictures of it in the driveway.

Just for fun clamp them in a vice length wise with only about 1/4 inch actually in the vice.
Crank it until it shoots out and see what kind of damage it does.

eheheheheh

brb

Apprentice incorrectly installed a pair of circlips on a hydraulic part we were servicing, they both flew off during testing. Punched a hole in the corrugated iron roof and were never seen again.

>tfw no RS250
One day.

>10 minutes ago
RIP.

Posted in last thread but didnt get any replies.

In the market for a new bike, want something comfortable for long trips, has dem torques, has good handling, decent suspension and decent brakes.

My search has be stuck on a fence between the xjr1300 and cb1300

Which would you choose if both can be bought for around the same price?

R1 with bar risers.

decided to be a bitch and watch deadwood instead

have you looked at bandit 1200s at all? very cheap in my area.

CB feels a lot smoother around town, fueling seems to be dialed in with a bit more effort over the XJR.

Ask to ride 1 for a day or two then swap.

XJR looks way better and it's not a honda
but CB is watercooled and newer

I'd say XJR because it's only down 8hp, weighs less, looks better, slightly cheaper

but take them both for a ride and see what you like best

Dragging toe sliders and pegs on my fz09 while hanging off the bike. Am I just not hanging off enough or am I going to have to look into adjustable rear sets? Been riding 7 years but this is the first time I've had this problem. Had an sv650 and z1000 before which feel much "racier" now vs the fz09 which feels more like supermotos I've ridden. I have my first 2 track days scheduled for this year and don't want to have this problem then. Fz09 has fully aftermarket suspension so it's not like a soft spring/sag issue.

I wanted something quick, relatively light and comfy enough to put 3k miles on in 6 days. It fits the bill well

>>>/reddit/

The peg sliders on that bike are just excessively long.

I did think about hitting them with my grinder. But toe sliders are still touching down. May just be cause I'm in the mountains and is unavoidable as most turns are not flat.

>missing out on a Super Four because of a dumb Veeky Forums meme
God help this man

I bet you calls Hondas underpowered if they're down 5hp too.

you unscrewed the peg feelers, right? also try working on foot position and aftermarket rearsets or rearset spacers

>top quality bearing race driver

you can just unscrew the feelers

what am i lookin at here

Just take them off, or don't worry about them they grind down eventually.
Idea is it is cheaper to replace those than it is to buy new pegs every second ride because alloy pegs and all that.

using a large punch to knock new tapered steering bearings into place

Fucking stop that.
Get a socket that just fits in there and bash it in with that just wtf.

Boipucci

enjoy your fucked up bearings

should have built a homemade press with sockets or something like i did

niggers niggering

sockets are too hard and will damage the race faces, the face is too narrow for much of anything.
mild steel like this punch wont do shit to the hardened races
the wheels are much more of a concern anyways

>fucking crowbar not going to damage races

a socket spreads out the impact, that big ass pointy thing is going to put nicks in your bearing race, that's why you're not supposed to do it that way, and why bearing presses look like sockets

>sockets are too hard
Hit the socket with a soft faced hammer/mallet then you mongoloid.

>doesnt understand how hardening works
bearing presses are also not chrome plated or hardened steel. unless you have a socket within a few thous of the outer dia of the race it would contact the same spot the rollers do and that would give you chunky movement.

are you fucking retarded?
hardened steel on finely machined surfaces will fuck them up regardless of what you hit it with
thats why you always use a softer metal to contact your workpiece

dont force it

use a bigger hammer

putting dents in the bearing race is going to be worse lol, and it's gonna be way more likely to fuck it up that way than with a socket

That punch kinda looks like a chisel. It's not a chisel, right?

>mild steel
>denting hardened steel
u srs nigga?

some chinkshit punch, could have been a chisel at some point. from our old shop, if were any softer id just use sticks.

XRR lyfe

you still have the rubber band in there?
>tfw pads still have some life left

M8, you are seriously going full justfuckmyshitup retard right now.
Listen to the ample good advice being given to you. The socket is the way it's done, if the old bearing is not available, because you also fucked it into a mangled pile getting it out with that thing.

t. someone who has never worked with metal
>u srs nigga?
Yes you can dent hardened steel with copper.
The idea of using a socket is it spreads the force over the entire bearing rather than it being on a single point less than a millimeter thick.

well ill be sure to mic out the nonexistent damage if i ever replace them again, will that make you happy user?
if it makes you feel better i use pocket knives to cut burrs off of motor armatures and blower shafts too.

thats the point m8 y'all are too easy to trigger

>shatters bearing
>damages sleeve
Don't come on dbt and complain to us when it happens m8.

that's electrical tape kek.

I'm hoping my rear pads on the Tiger last through Moab.

Any opinions on a Honda VF500 F Interceptor.
I've found one for pretty cheap.

>tfw

Fun little bike but the carburetors are a pain in the asshole if you need to take them out.

Make way for best bike. post your bikes

old bike, kinda heavy, not great for beginners, PITA to work on

I'm a "cager" with an MR2, but my dad has rode longer than I've been around. He beats sports bikes on his old R1150GS and wants a KTM 690 Duke next. Is this good? Rate my dad, /dbt/.

Thanks. I'm not new to riding but haven't had to do much in terms of wrenching besides basic maintenance. Is there anything else I should know? There arent many up for sale on CL and parts seem a bit tricky.

sounds like a patrician-tier dad

Does he like Big goys.

If you can get it cheap then do it. was gotten for $350, ~$400 of parts put into it (with tires), and everything works gr8.

If you decide to go for it then buy a clymers/hanes shop manual and it will guide you through any maintenance you need to do.

Have to literally force the carbs in with a steel bar using leverage and we needed 2 people for it but besides that it's a good little bike.

for jew

>moving from a Chinese scooter to an Indian 1-step-above-a-scooter
Baby steps right?

went for a nice ride today with my new tires and scrubbed off the meaty chicken stripz

Alright, which one of you is this

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/6096264411.html

>it runs like a raped ape

what did he mean by this?

I bought a CB1300 when they came out in 2003.
Lovely ride, smooth and torquey.
Easy to work on.
Digital clocks, analogue style.
A little top heavy and prone to tankslappers.
A real man's bike.

>like a raped ape

Every fucking time..

dont' do it, those V4's are a bitch to work on, and finding parts for those are going to be impossible. not to mention the early ones had oiling problems (not sure if that affected the 500s or what). also don't listen to this guy it's cheap for a reason, even if it is a cool bike

No No No you see im a multiculturalist.
I barely know how to operate a manual transmission and i have to go on the freeway tomorrow.

just slam it to 6th and open it up until you're up to speed

>Baby steps right?
yea, one day you'll actually use that knee slider buddy ;^)

your body shape reminds me of patrick starr

He's a lying twat, 1150s are heavy, aerodynamically challenged, horribly designed (flat twin) overpriced and hideous.
Only a fucking dunce on anything above a 750 sport would see his delusional arse overtake them.
3/10

>Only a fucking dunce
so the average sportbike rider

you're overestimating the average rider

Is the SV650 the best motorcycle ever made?
I've never heard of anybody hating on it, it's just such a solid, dependable, and versatile bike, with tons of power for both town and highway.

redpill me on the sv650

it's just a good all-rounder
>vtwins a best tho

>redpill me
go back to 9gag then kill yourself

won't it be likely to stall? and how is it stalling in a high gear. does it jolt you off if you don't put in the clutch immediately

Can do everything, but not good at anything. like the truck in motorstorm

This. My Dad also rides on a popular mountain pass in California, so you get plenty of people there with no idea how to ride the roads, despite owning pretty quick bikes. Some dude in a brand new R9T racer thought it was funny how much he was leaning that big 1150GS around the corners. Don't get me wrong, obviously good guys in sports bikes will walk away, but I just meant he regularly passes a few guys who should be much faster than him on his old fat as fuck adventure bike.

When I ride around town I just see a bunch of shitbikes, when I ride the popular riding roads I see a bunch of panigales and rsv4's with huge chicken strips

Also curious about this.
Can you even stall at a speed above stopping?
What will the bike do you if it stalls at speed?

it kind of stalls and starts again, but it feels like shit and you get some mad piston slapping

i can only assume its highly unpredictable and inconsistent

>Can you even stall at a speed above stopping?
Yes, you can try this yourself by putting along at 15mph, shift into second, pull the clutch in, then turn of the engine. You will rapidly decelerate and come to a stop. If you don't pull in the clutch you will most likely dump the bike at it grinds to a halt. This will happen at any speed, if you don't downshift from 6th as you approach a red light, the engine will eventually die and you will stop almost immediately.

If it stalls at speed you will start slowing rapidly, as if you started applying both brakes. Your best bet is to quickly shift to neutral and attempt to coast to the side of the road with hazards on, while keeping the clutch pulled.

Are you guys meming or have you actually never heard that before?

never heard it before but im 7 beers deep so maybe i have and idk

Rode around drunk last night

Got extorted by police in the red light district.

Twas a fun night overall

vry blur pictur

I was like 8 drinks deep

Pretty scary t.b.h

pls no die nigger user

rode drunk once in my life. never again was far to stressful. I did get home just fine though

yeah but unless you fucking turn the engine off with the clutch out, or are past the point of running on fumes, it will never happen. Your first instinct when shit is happening on your bike SHOULD be to pull the clutch in, slow down, and downshift, which will fix the problem if you get into trouble on a bike. At the very least, you will at least crash more slowly, with a higher likelihood of the car(s) behind you realizing something is wrong/getting out of the way/slowing down.