I got scammed

just bought a car with cash recently from two Indian guys. I thought I got a good deal. After I gave the money, they didn't even count the money and left without a trace.
I started to suspect so I checked the title carefully and there was no water mark. I called the police. Popo said the car is not stolen. The DMV doesn't open on weekends. How do I check the title? Obviously, I can't wait until Monday.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hVZKJt4WzxM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SHOW ME THE CARFAX

Let's see the title.

what kind of car was it?
also are we talking stinky poo in loo indians or smelly alcoholic on benefits indians?

Right there with you OP
>buy truck for decent deal
>>"Yeah I had a newer engine and transmission put it a few months ago
>4 days later the transmission loses 3rd and 4th gear

>Indian

There's ur problem right there

that picture is actually pretty funny, would hang out with/10

carfax

title

where do you live in CA nigger? there's a streetotaku meet sunday in cerritos. Bring your stolen shitbox!

>streetotaku meet sunday in cerritos
sounds like autism and rice everywhere holy shit avoid at all costs

Do the title has to have the water mark to be legit? Do you guys think Honda dealers can help me check the legitimacy?

bump

looks like it has it, maybe I'm missing something, I think you're in the clear. And If I was you I wouldn't want to keep digging, do you want the car you paid for the be taken back because it's stolen?

>also
streetotakus is fun but whatever, go drive your honda

but I'll have to go to DMV to register myself as the new owner. Do you think the DMV can't tell the difference?

did you hold to light like it says

i did. Of course, no bear unlike my other title.

>no bear

fake title senpai youre fugged

Okay, here's one giant red flag: That address isn't a residence, and here it says one owner and that it was leased. If I had to guess, I'd say what you need to worry about is that you were sold a car that they didn't have the rights to sell you.

t. pajeet patel

Time to get a gun and hunt some curry. It takes 10 days to buy a fun in CA so you probably want to start that process now.

If I can trace it back to them. How do i get the law to stand on my side?

Try to register it at the dmv first and maybe you can get away with it and have a new title printed.

>getting burned for 12k

Ouch.

You SHOULD be able to get your money back if you are unable to transfer the title. I'm really unsure how it works in California for sure. I know in Minnesota lien holder would be listed on the title.

This. If it comes back with no liens on the title and not stolen they might just title it.

>the DMV accepts counterfeit documents

LOL

>maybe you can get away with it
Or get arrested.

It's worth a try. Better than going through the logistical nightmare of getting your money back for the car.

They literally will just not title the car and tell you it's fake. Not arrest you

OP is a stoner living in Cali. He most likely has a few arrests in his time. The moment he tries this he won't even get a chance to defend himself. California cops give no fucks. The only way he can avoid this is if he is in orange county.

I'm clean

Op here, I also signed a paper saying that I only pay $1000 for the car so that I could pay a small tax. Will I get in trouble for tax evasion?

MORE

>Moon runes in CL post

If that's not the reddest of flags, I'm not sure what to tell you OP...

More what?

They really did sell you their lease holy fucking shit.

youtu.be/hVZKJt4WzxM

This is either bait or you just fucked yourself out of all your money by signing a bill of sale for $1000 and handing over $8000. You only do that shit with family.

It isn't unusual for titles to be registered to a business address, Carfax isn't perfect in updating either.

If the title is real, then it's owned by the name on the title not a lease.

Did either of these two guys have I.d. to prove they were Mr.park?

That listing was flagged for removal, another bad sign. Also for anyone curious the first pair of moonrunes means "Honda" and the two at the end mean "certification" in japanese

>moon rune ad
>sellers are poos
goddamn you are stupid

The DMV is run by morons, when my grandfather lost the ability to drive his truck all he had was a photocopy of the title and they took it without question.

Probably because it was old as fuck

Carfax is shit.
Title has mileage of 30,000 miles listed on it.
Car was sold after lease.

Possession of title is ownership in California.
OP is fine.

You deserve everything you get for being this stupid OP

you've never fell victim for poo in loo trickory befoe have you user

Rule one of buying cars
>Never buy from niggers, spicks or dot heads

the title is fake
the car from the picture is not the car you bought (they blocked out the license plate)

if you have their phone number you should be able to have the police track them down (provided they didnt buy a pay as you go phone cash)

the fact that you didnt look over the paperwork carefully is your own fault

this has scam written all over it...literally

they wrote that one part in Japanese because they are trying to attract foreigners who dont know any better and pull one on them

Glad to see a cheater get cheated.

Get it titled in a state that only requires a bill of sale and be done with it. Transfer it later to a proper title state with more lax laws, then transfer to California to get your legit status at home.

alright Veeky Forums i'm gonna give you 3 quick protips when buying cars.

1) this is the most important. NEVER, EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BUY A CAR FROM SOMEONE WHOS NOT WHITE. NO ARABS, NO NIGGERS. YES EVEN IF THEYRE DRESSED WELL AND SEEM NORMAL. JUST ABORT AT THE FIRST SIGNE OF A SELLER NOT BEING 100% WHITE

2) if it seems too good to be true (car advertised way under what other similar cars are selling for) then IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. you will get fucked.

3) if you find out that the seller has lied about anything (told you it was a 1 owner car but you found out it wasn't for example as this is a common one) then he can't be trusted and you should NOT BUY.

I bought a $6000 car, I wrote gift under purchase price.

tfw no taxes.

Bought two cars from white people and they scammed me. Missing inspection, broken front axles, burning oil. You have to buy from upper class people because both of them were poor trying to get an extra buck. Avoid poor sellers.

i'm not saying that buying from white people is a guarantee that you won't be fucked, just saying that buying from non-whites WILL get you fucked in 99% of cases.

always do your homework and inspect the car properly (or get someone to do it) even if you're buying from a little old lady

also, trust your gut. if it doesn't feel right, avoid. and don't get pressured by a seller. if someone's trying to pressure you (i've even had some fucker faking getting a call from another "interested person" while i was inspecting the car) dont let them and just go home.

THIS x 1000
You won't get arrested... jesus you people can be huge pussies.
There may a missing transfer of title between the original financial institution and driver, which would be really annoying to fix. Just try to get it registered. Once it's registered in your name and you have a title you should be fine.

Don't dig too hard. I'm sure everyone could find all sorts of shit (paperwork that has mistake, etc.) that would get them in trouble, but luckily people aren't stupid enough to go all over the place blowing the whistle on themselves.

By all means go in and be sure to point out how suspicious you are, that you can't find the watermark. If they show you a watermark say you can't see it or it doesn't look like the seal of California. Mention the guy you bought it from was sketchy and you think it's stolen. Mention the guy didn't look like a mr. Park and it seemed like he started to sign a different name. If they insist it's real, ask for a supervisor, you don't deserve to be treated like that!

Fuck off.
The other poster is correct, don't buy from poor people regardless of race.

do chink parents really throw their children down wells ? i've heard stories about them killing their newborns when they're not male, but that's fucked up

good thing the murrican soldier was there to save the day

OP you got scammed.
1. The ad is in a city hours away from thousand oaks.
2. The registered address is a shopping center
3. The ad looks suspicious as fuck.
4. You signed a paper saying you only paid 1k.
Even if you somehow were able to track them down, the most you would get back is 1k.

no you fuck off, ahmed. if it ain't white, it ain't right. this is true 99% of the time.

Yes.
Also there are no pajeets in thousand oaks

Yeah no. I bought some wheels from a white meth head that were clearly stolen

Maybe hou could try leaving the basement one day cuck

>I just realised that guy works for Australia Post
kek

It's California

another guy fucking missing the point

i did NOT say that ALL white people are OK to buy from

and especially not fucking methheads

also if you're knowingly buying stolen property you're a cocksucker

But your point is wrong.
My point is that the class of a person is more important than their race. That said, I wouldn't buy from a black.