/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

How do I get in here senpai?

How am I supposed to deal with the igneo talus'? Do I just take the fire damage and roll with it or what?

write ganon some lines that would have made BotW's story better.

pro tip you can't

go above and around, there's a hole in the wall of the cliff.

I want to fuck Fi

Does Korok Forest have the worst framerate in the game?

JOIN ME LINK
AND I WILL MAKE YOUR FACE THE GREATEST IN KORODAI

I want to fuck Moblin

9th for WHY ISN'T LINK LEFT-HANDED REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw we thought we were trying to protect Zelda's smile, but she was actually trying to protect Link's smile

"LINK WHAT THE FUCK MAN"

oops I bought amiibos

It was nice that zelda and guardian were in stock at my TRU, that place is my secret haven of amiibos, I've never had problems getting anything there.

OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE

What order did you guys do the divine beasts in?

I completed the Zora one and then the Goron one. I can't decide which one to do next.

NOOO
NOT INTO THE PIT

Up and to the right, find the torches

If you strike it with the great frostblade you've been saving for situations just like this, you'll turn him off

>Finally got enough money/Material to open up final fairy fountain in desert
>Oldest sister and has best voice
>Enhance my clothes to the MAX
>She presumably takes link to her underwater fuck dungeon and grants him super clothes by fucking him

GOTYAY

HOW DO I GET THE DARK LINK OUTFIT? ;_;

Oh wow, really? That's fuckin rad, I'm going to try it out. Thanks user.

Kilton/Monster shop after you beat all beasts; costs 3997 Mon

beat all of the divine beasts then buy it from kilton

Do Gerudo last because the fallout from that will have assasins constantly attacking you no matter where you go.

She is sword, she will be the one doing the piercing, you know.

Nah, the worst is when a Enemy get stuck on PHYSICS and the console has no fucking idea how to process it to the point EVERYTHING chugs.

Which only happened like thrice in the week i been playing. I also had a freeze when asking Kass for a song at the stable for the first time, and that's arguably 0 FPS.

Anyone have that toy hammer thing from the monster shop? How is it? Is it comical?

Ice rod works too, and you don't have to get too close; or you can throw white Chu Jelly and hit it with an arrow

Thanks, found it.

Almost no damage, doesn't send things as far as you would hope.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Its time for Paya to get BLACKED

>Throwing a stone pleblet off a cliff

Feels bad man

So I've been messing around a little to check what the best setup to maximize damage/durability is. I haven't done any extensive testing or anything, but it seems to go like this:

Barbarian set with Savage Lynel > Ancient set with Ancient/Guardian++ > No set bonus with Savage Lynel > Barbarian set with Ancient/Guardian++ > Barbarian set with Royal

Ancient Proficiency gives a bigger boost in damage to Ancient weapons than it does to Guardian++, but since Ancient weapons can't have modifiers it balances out to be about the same as Guardian++ (Unless you end up with Long Throw). Also, it boosts the Ancient Bow even when you aren't using Ancient Arrows.

I don't have the skellyman set so I didn't check how good the bone bonus is. I have my doubts that it's going to put skeleton arms or bokoblin clubs on par with Savage Lynel gear though.

>tfw the nighttime speed boost combined with a high level haste elixir makes you faster than most horses

I'm slowly and methodically playing in clockwise order. So the order for Beasts will be Gerudo - Rito - Goron - Zora for me. I'm methoically getting as much shrines and sidequests in each region before moving onto the next one - though some Shrines I'm marking as "save until late-game", like the dragon battle and the stranded island thing. Right now I'm just finishing up the Faron region, and about to move on to Lake. Hopefully I'll be well equipped for my first Divine Beast since by the time I dot hat I will have alrady done almost all the shrines in Plateau, Dueling Peaks, Hateno, Faron, and Lake.

Does Paya give you any quests, at all? I've read she asks you to take back an item for her, any idea?

>Read it as Plebbit every fucking time

Fuck me.

Barbarian set makes Lynel weapons stronger??

It makes everything stronger, it's just a general attack boost while Ancient set is specifically for the lightsaber weapons.

I think the draw of the Bone set is that bone weapons are EVERYWHERE since they drop of Stals, so you can get a salvegable mid-tier weapon in a pinch.

And it looks cool and it is easy to get compared to the others.

Amber earring is surprisingly strong for how easy it is to upgrade.

the side quest where you build a town is kinda great

>have weapons with 60dmg after a few shrines
>see lynel
>"alright this can't be that hard"
>fucker has 2k HP

Ok what the fuck?

>farming silver zebra lynels
>I still have ancient arrows
>eh fuck it, I'll try it out, what's the worst that could happen
>the arrow wipes the lynel out of existence
>nothing drops

What the fuck kind of technology were you messing with, shiekah?

I think it is intended to be the headset to the Champions Tunic which is also easy to upgrade.

get those flurry rushes son

why does nintendo get a free pass to sell a difficulty mode as DLC?

>Koko's mother

I believe you koko you can do it!

Not like that saves my weapons from breaking

>spend all my monster parts getting dark link set
>upgrade stealth armor and see the set bonus

besides the usual main quest/side quest/shrines, what else is there to do in Gerudo Desert?

What the fuck. Ganon is actually a really cool boss fight without the divine beasts.

if it's a master quest that actually remixes the shrines/dungeons to make them harder, I'm fine with it

If it's 20 bucks for enemies do more damage I'm not.

they aren't, we just don't know what "hard mode" means yet

They don't, it is just that the base game has other shit that is more interesting to talk about then the same "Why is it okay when Nintendo does it?" question that is asked increasingly frequently as Nintendo draws more and more from the Jew side of the force,

Nintendo always had shitty practices, do i really need to remind that they have been doing DLC since the fucking NES?

Man this fucking game

>that atmosphere of desolation and adventure when reaching the Akkala region, climbing the Akkala Tower while evading the Guardians and looking out into destruction.

Holy shit the way BotW makes me feel is like no game has before

>there's guardians in Akkala

Ok maybe I'll do that later then

>doing East Gerudo Ruins puzzle
>put 6 balls in place but can't find 7th ball no matter how hard I look
>leave area hoping it resets
>come back and automatically get puzzle solved cutscene and shrine appears

There is Guardians EVERYWHERE though.

There's one ball that's already in the correct slot. Maybe you removed it and it got reset to its initial position when you left?

Complete all of the sidequests in Kakariko.

>just wandering around
>see tower in the distance
>decide to go to it
>mfw I got fucking assdestroyed by a full guardian out of nowhere

It was fun

Man go for it, they're guardiancopters anyway so they have set paths, but that tower was just fucking awesome, and bring some wooden weapons and shield, since there's a lot of thunderstorms in the region

I actually did something similar. Left when I couldn't find a ball the first time, came back later and they were all there. Weird shit.

I've got a weird husbando obsession with Moblins, someone help me.

i'm missing one shrine and i can't find it

are you a boy or a girl?

Male, what does that matter? Moblins don't care.

Didn't you already gush about Lizalfos like two threads ago?

You don't get to change Waifu/Husbando you know.

>decide to go somewhere
>see something interesting in the way
>3 hours later still not in my destination
>actually in a completely different place

Fuck

>Get to Akkala tower by gliding down from the mountains behind Zora's Domain
>See it's completely covered in Malice and has like three flying guardians patrolling around it
>Think Akkala is going to be like this for the most part
>Get down into Akkala proper
>Beautiful untouched countryside with autumn trees and rolling hills

>Screen goes black
>This happens

Really, Nintendo?

What, no. That must have been someone else. I've been saying I want to marry a big strong Moblin since the start.

How dare you cast aspersions against my Moblin dedication!

The akkala tower is not hard at all because it's just the flying guardians with set routes. Just approach from the road, sneak past the first guardian's patrol area and start climbing instead of following the stairs in a circle around. Then just do whatever you need to do to defeat or cheese your way past the enemies at the top, climb up on the archway carefully so you don't touch the goo, then glide over to the tower.

So... Master Sword is The Anti-Guardian weapon, right?

Not particularly no. It's just 60 damage against them.

Plenty of other weapons do more.

Guardian weapons are the Anti-Guardian weapons.

this is my game of the decade, it has that sense of adventure that the last two 3d zeldas completely lacked

You mean last three

Oh no, whatever are you planning to do to me...

Doesn't matter, Vah Medoh is named after her so she exists in this timeline

It works as one since it glowing (which it does near Guardians and Ganons) jacks its damage up to 60 and i think it doesn't lose durabillity when used against them (or at minimum loses at a MUCH slower rate).

It also slices the legs like butter.

So yes, it might not be the BEST, but near Infinite Durabillity means it is good enough for the purpose, a Guardian [weapon]++ with Attack ups is "better" but you need to get one of those and it will probably break faster.

And the MS does get its own dedicated Weapon Slot when pulled so that is a bonus too.

>I never noticed this
Fug...

Yeah, I guessed it. Even without using Lynels, the barbarian set can fuck up guardians pretty easily

I have a hard time deciding on wind waker

it doesn't do any extra damage against the legs, any weapon that does 60 damage will take them off in two swings.

Seriously, aside from being "unbreakable" it has no real benefits against guardians.

tfw you will never get married

Kys

*teleports behind u*

*unsheathes katana*

>the constellations are key
help

don't be a bitch, look around the shrine and you'll figure it out

he cant even reach

how pathetic

Just count them. It's really not hard.

Each line of holes ends in a constellation, which you see on the wall. To the left, you see one tower, two towers, three towers, etc. Look at the back wall.

>Already out for one week

>still no online guide that tells you recipe combinations or what all them monster parts can be used for

I am disappointed, internet

Look at the wall to the north, you'll see patterns. Now look at the big panel at the top and count how many times the pattern appears.
If you can't no matter how much you try:
from left to right.
the bonus chest is 4221

obvious truth pass it on

meant for

There are very few recipes that make specific things, not in the way you're thinking at least.

Check the OP faggot