youtube.com/watch?v=9Gsnuxli4Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=m4ReeoP14GM
youtube.com/watch?v=uNwh0wa84E4
youtube.com/watch?v=Rezgc4no8DE
youtu.be/1Ay6IBvenys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

only saudis and other oily middle easterners like patrols
master race right here

Yet you see them the most in Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Inland China and any other hard to reach area.

areas*

>4x4 ad
> shows tug of war between two SUV's in 2wd
My focus can do that, too. Am I /offroad_god/ now?

>unchanged for 40 years

Literal perfection, nothing else can even compete

>Drives a focus
I guess that means that you're the one to talk? faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yv_rKqC88Ic
youtube.com/watch?v=hvbKE6R6Q_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=soRKSRzlNWk
youtube.com/watch?v=8dRYksyb2lw
youtube.com/watch?v=_w5WDbPMbjE

LC79 is probably the "best" one can buy new today

Isn`t the Patrol just a shittier version of the Land Cruiser and Pajero?

I dont even generally hate Nissan.

KGB tier cars, GET OUT OF MY THREAD BORIS REEEEE youtu.be/tUlVbU1BaII

youtube.com/watch?v=KjsStMS02J8

>implying KGB would ever be seen in a Niva

Seriously, show me another 4x4 so good that they made a tractor out of it.

Other way around lad, the reason why there's so much hate for patrols is because of the price range when they initially sold, way more than the landcruisers but they're actually way better offroad and out perform them, unless you're talking about the really old patrols or the newer soccer mum ones. You can pick them up for really cheap now though although the running costs for them is fucked (they're thirsty as fuck) that's another reason why people prefer landcruisers, but take away money from the scenario and patrol beats the shit out of mitsubushi and toyota any day.

I have no idea what Patrols cost new, but new Cruiser already cost a shitload, especially vee-aeights. All of them are used as mallcrawlers.

Anyone who doesn't like patrols has never seen Ahmed bang off the rev limiter and soar up a sand dune.
t.burger

Wranglers are great and all but anything other than the 4.0L and your fucked

The thread title was a joke I made it that to piss off ford raptor fags since they always pull the same shit, lc79 is by far my favourite 4x4 that you can still buy to this day, Nssan went full retard and discontinued all of their good shit.

>good 4x4
>pigfat

pick one

If we're talking about 2002 when they first dropped the 4.8 patrols they were around 75k brand new for the TI variant and land cruisers were a lot less, you can pick them up for about 7k second hand here and 30k in gulf states brand new, when they first launched it though it raised the bar entirely because of how good it was during the time. I wouldn't waste my money on a new 4x4 because they advertise them as having good engines and all of that shit but they're absolute boats desu and the ground clearance and the ability to modify them is absolute garbage

They look pigfat but once you drive one it's the absolute opposite with all of the torque it has, one of the best things I have ever driven.

Emaratis are the ones known for patrols

>Assmad toyocuck screaming "muh lamd cruiser"

Top heh

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug :DD

That is so sexy, how can Wrangler fags ever compete?

(you)

Toyotas already come donk'd from factory

Nah its like a LandCruiser from Nissan, they used to be worst than Landcruiser until they kept the solid front axle and Toyota moved on after 1998 so they have better axles (modern solid axles) and stuff

Nissan Patrol > Land Cruiser

youtube.com/watch?v=aeQm1C8BpXI

youtube.com/watch?v=D4p6hCwESSg
youtube.com/watch?v=5_HsM-OYhnU
youtube.com/watch?v=8gOfxaDETGI
youtube.com/watch?v=F64XOZavS-w

youtu.be/1xDkYOfwx3A

bump

Patrols: getting towed out of mud by Landcruisers and Pajeros since 1951

>Pajeros

You're trying to bait at this point poorfag

Landcruiser fags btfo youtube.com/watch?v=THvU-yrZJtk

I fucking remember that ad clear as day.
>Landrover not worth mentioning
LMAO

This is my favourite one desu youtu.be/wJNn_Wwz29o

How does it feel getting rescued by a poorfag pajero because your pooptroll cannot into offroading?

lol you're a dumb cunt

greater. comeback fuckstick.

Bump for more Landcruiser/Pajero carnage

>Landcruiser/Patrol/Pajero rankings
1HD>>>TD42>4M4x
FS5R50A>>>H151=V5M31
H233B=Mitsu 9.5">Yota 9.5"
Take that as you will faggots.

No one disputes this?

>Dual cab 70 series
Ugly as fuck, single cab ute or troopy only
I have driven a 200 series off road, they are great with just a lift and bigger tyres

Really anything with a turbo diesel, full lockers all round, and decent big tyres will get you most places. Winch and snatch for the rest

TRICK QUESTION!

The best 4x4 is the one you own! Go out and have fun friend!

>Ugly as fuck
You're talking form over function in terms of J70 Landcruisers? Good job Mr Redundant.
And yes, J200s are fantastic contrary to what the Americans believe.

old petrols had L-Series motors? my favorite :D

That old thing that was completely out of place in this application? Sure...

>chinese zipperheads use them
kek no.

Wut

TB48DE>ALL that you mentioned

take this as you will faggot.

You all are wrong

The whole world uses them except the United States, the best versions were only limited to certain countries that's why Toyota fags don't know jack shit about it and spam the same old "LANDCRUISER BEST XDDD DAH REST WORST" you fags are cancer kek.

Based UN Patrol

trasco-bremen.de/armored-vehicles/nissan-patrol/nissanpatrol/#c244

I take it as wrong, but ok.
Literally what does a Niva have against a Patrol/Landcruiser/Pajero?

You must take a lot of cock too then.

1HD-FTE 4.2 L
164 hp (122 kW)

TB48DE 4.8 L
248 hp (185 kW)

^ 280 hp in Australian / Gulf spec models during 2002-2003 and electronically limited in later years.

>outright power
That's well and good, if your idea of a perfect offroader is something with a 250 mile range.
Good for day trips to take some fully sick flex photos for your 4WD Action forum avatar.

The petrol consumption is pretty fucked but on a full tank (including sub) it can get me roughly 840km

Just stating that since it was your argument to begin with.

>since it was your argument to begin with
Since when?
How big's your tanks? That's decent range for the petrol.

What does Veeky Forums think of the 4Runner I just bought? I'm curious about off-roading in it.

Pic related. I'm new to this. Where do I start?

Unless that was someone else

135 litres ~840 km from Broken Hill to Melbourne

I'd agree, but the 3.0 diesel is a fucking shitbox.
Have one in my SES unit, shit just bogs constantly and chews juice for no real movement.

Nah, that was me, but that wasn't based purely on power rankings. Hell, if that was the case the 147kW 4M41 would've come a close second to the 157kW 1HD-FTE with the older fashioned TD42ti off in a distant third. I have a fair few reasons as to why I ranked them as such.

And while that's not unappreciably bad economy, I still wouldn't accept that unless my vehicle was loaded to the hilt and offroad. It's the 20+km/L the petrol six cylinders get in these conditions makes touring quite limited.

I'm just saying that people complain about the lack of power of the lower models of the Patrols but then when you tell them about the more powerful one then they whinge about the fuel economy, you can't have both with today's petrol prices, it's either powerful and reliable with shitty fuel consumption or just plain shit to be honest.

That's why they're always the first or second best selling 4x4 in the UAE because the petrol prices are nice, they're powerful, reliable and have really good aftermarket support for them.

Also worth noting, that's the derated non intercooled HDJ78/79 power plant you've listed, not the full Monty HDJ80/100 motor.
Yeah, the ZD is pretty lame. At least the CRDi is not quite the grenade the early DDi motors were, but it's still not as dependable as even the Mitsubishi four cylinder diesel.

Whelp, I'm not the one complaining of the lower Patrol's lack of power.
From memory the TD42ti only makes about 115kW, but it's the way that power is delivered in which the peak number doesn't really tell the story. It can also achieve that output at WOT in some very arid conditions with a 100% duty cycle that's more important to me.
Not saying the TB petrols are just as bulletproof, but their power density isn't there. As a city slicker offroad toy they get top marks however, and I think it's a shame the amount of people who readily turf the petrol six in favour of an alloy LSx V8 instead of turbocharger the Nissan.

>Not saying the TB petrols are just as bulletproof
aren't* just as bullet proof
>turbocharger the Nissan.
turbicharging* the Nissan
I think the diesel particulate has gone to my brain.

bump

If Nissan made the 4.8 turbocharged from the factory that would be so sick youtube.com/watch?v=3AT_KeVk-yw

Eh, no point if there's no market for it. It's generally simple enough to apply your own turbo setup anyway. A path that's been well trodden before.
Meanwhile, the Amerifails can keep stroking their dicks over that boat anchor they call a 300ci Ford.

youtube.com/watch?v=1xDkYOfwx3A

Did you hear how the worlds fastest SUV record was broken by the Nissan Patrol running a TB48DE block? and less than a month later there's already another one with 1/3 more hp youtube.com/watch?v=zU_oAu4sqC4
youtube.com/watch?v=tA8ElgCit1A

I normally lament Patrols and the demograph that typically drives them (seriously, patrol4x4.com is full of fuckwits), but all this talk of force fed TBs is almost enough for me to give up diesels, and buy shares in BP.
youtube.com/watch?v=y7RkyMaOVPI

I'd be happy enough with a ghetto rigged TD manifold on a TB45 though.

They're honestly so fun to drive as a weekender, but as you said before they're not really good for weeks out on the beaten track or in areas with only diesel.

I don't see how the ZD has such a bad rep. It may just be the turbo models because our primary road transport is a fleet of privately owned urvans with the ZD30dd and you wouldn't believe me until you actually see how they treat these vans. I am talking full bore clutch dumps with the engine only held back by the limiter for every gear change with 21 people in the van.

That said they change the oil every 3 weeks because the engines are ran like that from 6 am to 10pm, drivers taking shifts.

Caribfag? Isn't that because the majority of ZD30DDs are non turbo?

Is the patr/o/l /ourcar/???

Trac master race

>Literally what does a Niva have against a Patrol/Landcruiser/Pajero?

If it breaks down you can fix it by randomly hitting it with a hammer like in Battlefield.

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=_vXsC7fDbBo
youtube.com/watch?v=Wd36Vu3RRSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1VoDR33SVs0

quads confirm

youtube.com/watch?v=9Gsnuxli4Hk

youtube.com/watch?v=m4ReeoP14GM

kek

Actual offroad capability. Enjoy getting stuck in the bog with your pigfat mallcrawler.

>Actual offroad capability
Nice unquantifiable claim Mr Shitposter. But all three mentioned have more if that than the Russian parts bin special anyway.

>If it breaks down you can fix it by randomly hitting it with a hammer like in Battlefield.
You've just described the Patrol/Lanndcruiser/Pajero. If the Niva breaks down in the battlefield you can warrant writing it off because it's a cheap disposable shitbox.

On top gear it almost proved to be a great off-roader, then breaks down just as they were coming to a consensus. Ruskis eternaly BTFO.

Looks like a Suzuki Swift that got pulled apart vertically. Plus you can't carry anything with you in it.

shitbox

youtube.com/watch?v=uNwh0wa84E4

those clutch knifes tho

yeah boiii

bumpp

Bump for TB48DE madness

youtube.com/watch?v=Rezgc4no8DE

youtu.be/1Ay6IBvenys

>3rd gear power skid
>Going backwards