Anyone else just not really that interested in supercars?

Anyone else just not really that interested in supercars?

I was watching Rob Spaghetti's video on his Ferrari 488 where he was near crying it was so good. Maybe you need to drive it to understand, but all I see is a bland looking car that sounds pretty boring and has an autobox. Maybe I have autism.

Yeah.
Not because they suck or are expensive.
I appreciate manufacturers that can make cars across the spectrum using what they have and making it great.

they are too advanced now desu

I don't really have any interest in 600 hp automatic cars full of driver aids.

>Maybe I have autism.
yeah...

Big surprise, poor Veeky Forums busriders are not interested in things they will never even be within 10' of in their lifetime.

In other news, the sky is blue.

>automatic
Riveting!

This.

Wouldn't busriders be the type to be easily wowed by flashy cars like that?

They are cool but even if I had one I would be afraid to drive it because a scratch would be devastating let alone an accidnet.

Plus you'd feel like a retard doing anything but tracking it.

I like understated cars, so they don't really appeal to me. Nice to look at and hear when you occasionally see one go past, but I would never own one if I was in the position to spend that much on a car. My ideal car would be something like a de badged M5 in a neutral colour - fast, practical, comfy, looks good but not flashy, and drives well. I would have one over a Ferrari any day.

I can see why people like them though

>because a scratch would be devastating

When you have one, I expect you to be comfortable to not care about petty shit.
>cheap is relative

>live in vancouver
>see any of the latest and greatest supercars within several months of release
>see them on an almost daily basis
>give zero fucks

Classics turn my head though. There's a couple Testarossas kicking around, and I saw a RS2 the other day.

Sure but repair costs even for minor shit is going to way higher than a normal car.

If you can afford a super car, it's probably a non-issue

You rarely see base model supercars, and will probably never see the really expensive ones (unless you live in Dubai or Vancouver maybe). You'll never be able to afford one unless you get lucky or are born into wealth, meaning the only way to drive one is to rent one out at a track with an instructor who holds your hand the entire way.

Horsepower numbers are also getting really boring, especially when you can just throw a shitload of turbo boost or displacement at the problem.

That isn't the case at all, the idea that everyone who buys exotics has endless money and doesn't care about it is not reality. It's like saying "well you have a 10k car, 2k is nothing to you." Lots of people stretch their finances to buy them, especially used ones. If someone finances a 355 for $90k they know it's likely to at least hold it's value if not go up, but these people would not otherwise be buying a $90k new car like a 6 series because they financially would be unable to take the depreciation hit.

For just scratches/dents the cost isn't that different from a "normal" car

>maybe i have autism

you do have autism

That's what I'm saying.
Broke ass don't buy expensive shit you can't afford to fix, duh.
Didn't your father teach you nothin?

>they are too advanced now desu

And it makes them a bitch to maintain. Every last one of them is a money pit worth more in parts than as a whole.

And for what? So a bunch of fucking princesses can drive 700-HP cars with computer-controlled nerfing to keep them from killing themselves?

Not OP, but upercars are so mass-produced now that I barely even give a second look when seeing one now. What used to make them special is no one had one; now every youtube "star" has one. I know the makers try to manufacture a sense of exclusivity with low-production special models, but still the whole concept of a supercar is being cheapened by making sure every spoiled slut and every Mohammed has one.

Thats because classics not raped and FUBAR'ed by hotrodders excuse me "resto-modders" are genuinely a lot more rare than a modern supercar is. I've seen more 458s, Californias, Gallardos, and Huracans in the past 5 years than I've seen original non-fagged "DUDE YOU KNOW STANCE" classics

Last bit on classics is so true.

Prime example are older BMW M cars. Seems like a good 75% of them are either totally ruined or riced to fuck.

ferrari is the only brand i like from super car manufactures

I honestly cant care less about VAG supercars made for arabs and other tasteless brown people

you can dislike supercars without being racist ya know.

>I honestly cant care less about VAG supercars made for arabs and other tasteless brown people

Koenigsegg is the ugliest "supercar" to ever be made. And its doors look like they bought those retarded "Lambo door kits" that allowed retards to put "Lambo doors" on their PT cruisers 10 years ago.

Yet people are blowing their loads and their wallets at trying to get one just because it's rare and no one else has one.

>spotted the tasteless Arab guy

I could never justify the money instead of spending on something else

you sound like the kind of contrarian faggot who pretends shitboxes have soul as a way of dealing with the fact that you will never have a good car

Audi R8 with a gated manuel is pretty based desu.

>a gated manuel

Why did you put Manuel behind a gate?

Motortrend did a really great vid on the 488 spider

Yes, you have autism AND you are poor and jealous.

>implying most supercars sound boring
>implying OP could do anything but putter around town (uncomfortably) in a manual Lamborghini
>implying OP has ever owned a car with more interesting styling than even a base-model supercar
I'd never buy one because 911 is bae (assuming we aren't calling 911s supercars), but OP has a bad case of special snowflake syndrome/poorfag cope.

>I don't really have any interest in 600 hp automatic cars full of driver aids.
Viper ACR is the car for you!

Because throwing him over the wall would be too cruel.

For the money is rather have a garage/shop, land, and a whole pile of shitboxes than one extravagant car to show off.

wut, I don't like the guady cars either in UAE but the point is you don't have to be racist m8.

show so damn compassion and stop trying to be edgy

here's what people like you don't understand.

the people that can afford supercars. (most of em), already own land, a huge garage full of multiple supercars as well as other things.

>Plus you'd feel like a retard doing anything but tracking it
this, I'd feel like a dipshit for driving a fagmobile just to pick up some milk

Im not really interested in them because I know its not something I will ever own, or likely even drive, so who cares.

They are basically on the same level as fighter jets as far as Im concerned. Some people will get autistically into them, but most people will never own or fly one.

>no snorkel-hood

FAIL

What's so special about Vancouver? It's a literal cuck stronghold populated by beta numales. Why would it have anything in common with Dubai?

I just remember one sunday while I was still in Viareggio, that a semen demon of Ainett Stephens was driving around with her fugly Lambo,ofc once you get past Lido di Camaiore traffic becomes a fucking jam with piled up Ferrari,Porsche and other average crap.

She stops as the jam was up all the way through the Darsena,comes out,people instantly ditches the Lambo and goes straight after her.Someone comes up with a generic muscle car from the 70s and parks it next to her car.A small crowd forms all around the muscle car,the Lambo was like kill me now and everyone else was blasting Ainett with sperm

there are a shit ton of exotics in Vancouver

>cuck beta numales

Wow did you use your entire vocabulary in one sentence?

+1 not arab

>tfw too poor for a supercar
I'd cream my pants and drive the shit out of one if I had it. Closest I'll get are my E32 and E38 750's.

I'd love to own one.

Engineering behind them, history, presence, instant showing that you made it in life (typically), etc.

Plus, I don't think a highly modified car even compares to an exotic. Power delivery is different, feel, etc.

Even with those stupid autos, watching videos of a 991 GT3 w/ PDK ripping through those gears is amazing. How fast it switches gears and how that engine redlines at 9k is........holy shit.

I'd die to own a 991 GT3.

The Ferrari 488 GTB is not a supercar, it is just a sportscar.

Same, the next (used) car I get will be a GT3 or Turbo (PDK). I have a high rev V8 (RS5 ~8.5k redline), but I think you need more open roads to enjoy the high revs. Where I live, the only place I can drive it safely away from cops is in windy roads where the roads stop having markings/paint on them. I can drive in 2nd/3rd gear at 6000+, but its hard to go over 70 mph (still 30 over the limit) in a lot of places.

GT3 isn't a super car, its a highly refined sports car that is also great on the track

and neither is the GT3 RS, it's a straight track monster.

911 Turbo S on the other hand is a supercar

>sequential
>auto

What are you, 16?

Im interested in supercars. They are the best cars money can buy today, and alot of the tech they use is going to be the future for normal cars.
But im just not interested in owning one. Maybe a classic supercar if i get rich, but new... no way. How rich does one need to be to throw away that kind of money in a car that you barely drive?

its just that they are ordinary now
and not even owned by cool people

>What's so special about Vancouver?
A lot of rich chinks live there

It's funny cause they almost always have an N on the back. Fucking chinks.

Supercars nowadays are only for kids to drool over. Overly flashy tech demos for arabs.

Sports cars are the shit, that's where it's at.

>reddit

It's so easy to spot a redditor.

>not liking koenigsegg

I dont give 2 fucks about any modern super cars but that hairless swede is pretty based. All parts designed and manufactured in house, crazy cool technology developement like 3d titanium printing and free valve, and a transmission that weighs half of a double clutch and shifts twice as fast.

I appreciate them for what they are, and I can recognize why some people do like them - for me personally its just too much of a flash status symbol, and its also not something I could ever fully utilize or even drive properly on the roads we have here

What I do like are the technological advancements and innovations that come from the high-tech tinkering that goes on in the development and making of those cars

this is how you actually impress me

>I have autism

atleast you know

I see way more beautiful classics here in West Australia than I do super cars. Waaaay more.

I have a huge soft spot for mclaren. If I could buy a supercar it would be a mclaren, no contest.

The Arabs can show some compassion and stop owning literal slaves in the gulf states.

How about that?

Until them fuck them and their materialistic gaudy culture.

Agreed.

Koenigsegg technology is fucking crazy, their cars are from the space age. That old hangar is a secret laboratory run by a bald mad scientist.

They're pretty boring now in my opinion. They're all "ANGRY SHARP LINES RRRRR". I have much more interest in "sports" cars than "super" cars, there's a lot more variety among them than the typical $200,000 super car.

this

>compares to an exotic

Think he was speaking of exotics in general.

Being a working class dude even if I had the money for a supercar I would rather build a shitbox to supercar numbers than actually own a supercar. ie "le lambo vs supra" video
Stock Supercars are just kinda lame. I would however not say no to a hurracan with a UGR twin turbo kit

I almost want someone to try a front wheel drive supercar. I know it won't work, but I want to see how far such a concept could be taken.

There is a red z3 m coupe I have seen a few times in town that gets my dick harder than any of the nouveau riche chink mobiles you see in Richmond.

They're too heavy and bloated with luxury and tech to be sports cars; they're GTs.

Some people don't want a hot Italian bitch. She is sleek, she stands out, she is skinny with a nice rack, and she is a good fuck.

That's what Ferrari represents to me. Ferrari is the ultimate status symbol for a life most people will never get to experience.

>unless you live in Dubai or Vancouver maybe

Add LA to that, I've seen pretty much every supercar under the sun at one point or another, even a few that aren't supposed to be street-legal in the US. (Veyron, Zonda, etc.) I'm a member of what basically amounts to a private rich guy supercar circklejerk FB group (thanks to working for a Porsche/BMW tuner) and those guys have all kinds of crazy shit, from legendary race cars to oddball supercars like Vectors and Cizetas and shit.

It's cool to hate supercars on Veeky Forums

Stop talking bout shit you cant afford

I have no interest in one. Unpractical, showy, "look at me" mobiles. in 90% of the cases it's a way for the rich to have a dick wagging contest with their fellow rich golf buddies. Most of them have no idea or don't care about the car's tech or capability.

Plus the styling now on supercars has left the realm of reality. The fucking Veyron and the like are so over-styled and pig ugly I wouldn't be seen in one.

Give me a Panamera to DD and a 911 R for weekends and I'm good. I'm done for $300K and I can put the other $700K that twats spend on supercars toward hookers and blow.

I still like 80s supercars for their style but otherwise i see so many modern supercars Vegas that they've lost their mystique. And the owners of those are usually the "junior executive mid life crisis" type that just bought it in an attempt to fuck UNLV coeds and never take it above 120.

Theyre the antithesis of themselves. A car with massive amounts of performance tuning should be feared and respected, and only available to people that have the ability to drive it.

Instead you get sons of oil tycoons flying into each other on the highway because all the saftey gimps in the world wont save you from stupidity.

This is why high end dealers are selective with customers, so that they dont become the next DUDE MONSTER ENERGY type culture symbol.

vroom vroom

I don't really care about supercars. For practical purposes, you will never have to go that fast. Also, the aggressive styling looks tacky to me. I am more fond of classic cars. Take this 1970s Jaguar, for instance.

Agreed, i am not really interested in 'supercars'

If you had one, there is no way you would be able to drive it to its potential. so you would have to track it, but even then -- if you were tracking a supercar, you would need years of experience to even start experiencing the limits of the car.

I really don't see the point, unless you are a race car driver, in which case, why even have fenders or a second seat? why not just drive an indy car and keep it on the track all the time?

I see some of these cars around town and I feel bad for the cars because they probably have never gone past 4th gear.

I always try to think of a modern super car that I'd want to own but I never can come up with one. It's not even that I can't afford one, if I had the money I'd buy so many expensive classics before I'd even consider a modern car.
That being said I wouldn't mind a dodge demon or an Hsv maloo even though they're not super cars.

>This is why high end dealers are selective with customers, so that they dont become the next DUDE MONSTER ENERGY type culture symbol.
too late for that tho

people who can afford supercars can afford speeding fines too

>muh 0-60

You mean muh 60-120

I drove an F430, and while it was bretty gud, there was nothing about it that couldn't be matched by a sufficiently riced Miata.

im trying my hardest in class not to laugh at this image

fucking kek, is that Cancer Jobs?

Ya, just before he stole a kidney from an otherwise terminally ill child.

Maybe the kid should have jumped on homeopathic fruitotherapy earlier, rite?

I thought that the titanium printed exhaust tip was fucking hilarious.
>Yeah, we 3D printed titanium. To make our exhaust tip. It's also 400g lighter.

Throw 300k at a Supra and apart from the inherent landbarge stat bonus, I think you'll come out with something better.

I wish they'd do something different.
>mid-engine
>awd
>dual clutch
>fuckhuge

Take the R&D budget of one of those and make a 500hp kei car or something else equally stupid

>Maybe the kid should have jumped on homeopathic fruitotherapy earlier, rite?
kek