Buying advice

Europoor here.

Approx. 2 - 2,5 K USD to spend for a car, not a diesel, small engines (2.0 l max) due to taxes and insurance cucking.

Was thinking about this, any better ideas?

The 2.3 is the engine you want in a B3 or B4.

You again? Way too much for an Audi 80, find one for 500 and invest the rest of the money somewhere else.

Or this one.

Yeah. it's me again.

Still looking for alternatives. Perhaps I will settle for a newer car now.

subaru legacy awd. Get something really really nice and good condition for around 1.5k . It's a great track car and 85kw engine and non chav common driver should make it cheaper.

Stay away from white trash garbage like audi and bmw, you're better than some bottom of the barrel pieces of shit driven by drunk teenagers or wannabe OG white trash

Thats waaaaay too much for a rebadged volkswagen. I`d advice you to look into skodas or passat b5 b5+ with 1.8 (turbo or non-turbo)

>It's a great track car
What do you mean?
>Stay away from white trash garbage like audi
Haha I'm definitely not telling OP to get an Audi 80, but that's a grandpa car.

>forgetting based B4

Getting a nice Passat in Poland is a miracle. It's the ultimate meme car here.

But yeah, I am fine with Skodas. They are reliable, very popular and get the job done. Fabia is below my expectations though. Interior is horrid.

It's not

there's a lot of cars for 10000PLN that fit your requirements, you need to be more specific

Ok,

Hatches, mid-size sedans and wagons.
1.4 - 2.0 l
At least 90 BHP
Not too old (if old, rust proof like aforementioned Audi 80)

aren't you the guy with the 2.500 euros Audi 80 ?
Here's what RELIABLE STUFF 2.5k euros can get you :
>Ford Focus w/e gen with the 1.6L petrol good for 100 something bhp
>VW Golf 3 or 4 with the 1.4L petrol and 75 bhp is the most economical and cheap to maintain. Or the 1.6 mpi 102 bhp but that one costs abit more and has worse fuel consumption.
>Opel Astra G/Classic with either the 1.4 or the 1.6 petrol - there are millions of them available in that budget
>Skoda Octavia 1 with either the 1.4 or the 1.6 - it's just an inflated Golf.
>VW Passat B5 with the 1.6 mpi although at this budget i dunno what to say
>VW Polo 6n with the 1.4L petrol for ultimate economy and 1.6 mpi for seriously cheap thrills - goes like stink
>Mercedes 190e with the 1.8L petrol and LPG conversion as does everybody - slow af tho.
>Probably a Fiesta but i don't enjoy it that much
>Renault Megane with the 1.6L petrol - yea small things go wrong all the time but never ever will something bad happen that will leave you on the side of the road.
>Alfa 147 and 156 with the 1.6L TS engines - they need abit more care but they are not the reliability nightmare that people say.

I could prolly make a better list.

What would I pick now, with my current automotive knowledge ? It's either the 1.4L Golf for it's sturdiness or the 1.6L TS Alfa 156 because it's a petrolhead car for the cost of potatoes. Maintainance is not THAT bad.

Or just buy urself a P38 Range Rover with the 2.5L bmw diesel engine, get a coil-over conversion and you have a really reliable and sturdy tank. All within 3000 euros.

I`m not forgetting, B4 is a great car, but OP was looking for something at 2k price range....Well kept B4 costs no more than 500 euros in my country

It is. I owned several different audis myself

Where are you from, buddy?

B3/B4 80s and B3/B4 Passats are completely different cars. B1/B2/B5 shared platforms.

Mercedes 190, are you sure?

Astra is boring af, I would kill myself if I would have to drive that shitbox daily.

Focus 2nd gen, Octavia I and VW Polo are on my list now, thanks.

The 190e is sturdy af, cheap af, reliable af, big af, thirsty af and slow af.
But with an LPG on the 1.8L all is good. Still slow af.
And pretty lacking on options, but hey, it's an imposing ship.
And if you are polish indeed, you should be able to find parts at just about every junkyard. The 190e is still popular in the balkan area.

Spare a few bux with me and I'll arrange my cousin to get you a nice car.

What did you mean by this?

get an Ibiza

Has anyone ever bought a car from someone who didn't want to give the vin over the phone? I just see it as a red flag even though the car looks good

Has anyone ever bought a car from someone who didn't want to give the vin over the phone? I just see it as a huge red flag even though the car looks good

I got Golf IV GTI for 9k PLN last year. Don't rush it, wait for good occasions. Most important thing is the overall condition. Try to not avoid big engines too, you never know what you can find.
> I would be driving fully optioned, 2,7 V6 hyundai sonata with auto box and LPG if it didn't require so much work to put it back into nice shape
> I still want that comfy grandpa slushbox

Some people are just nervous about giving the VIN out, because they think people can do something sinister with it.

If you find a car you like and they won't give you the VIN, try to see if they'll meet you with the car in a public place if you think they're being a shady cunt.

If you end up seeing the car in person, however you end up doing, just write the VIN down if it's for a car you're particularly interested in.

Any advice on buying a VW in Poland?

I like Hyundais as well, despite their reputation.

Big red flag for me is no interior photos.

Get the cleanest 4A-FE corolla you can find with under 200000km, take care of it and it'll last you another 200000km.

Never ever.
Rusty, unreliable, spare parts expensive as fuck. Example: Sachs Clutch: 550€. BMW E39 Sachs Clutch: 135€.
Fuck those Lopez-era Volkswagens.

>spare parts expensive as fuck
You what now? They're dirt cheap and share tons of parts with the Golf 3.

get a cute saab

Shut up and buy a twingo