/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Persona Six Edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell is OUT
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1569348-Rank-Changes-in-Y2S1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Previously On /r6g/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KwBw_zoue7o
twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/840308718289993728
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for BOPE best CTU

Brazilian terrorwave
plus it's hot as balls

WHERE IS MY GALIL UBI?

kapkan.avi
youtube.com/watch?v=KwBw_zoue7o

We've had this convo a billion fucking times. The most they're willing to include is Ash. IDF is controversial as all hell, and Ubi ain't about that life.
now watch them give the polish attacker a wood galil

>Reddit OC as OP image

So? I hate reddit as much as the next guy, but the picture itself looks great and isn't some stupid horsebeaten meme, so it gets a pass in my book.

It's over, we've had too much exposure

Who gives a shit really.

As long as its not anime its okay

How do you know it's from reddit?

>Galil
nice
>Ace

Reddit actually has community managers who directly connect with the devs.,, which actually explains alot. We absolutely have no influence on the game.
Although they steal content here and post in the subreddit for upvotes.

>recognizing it as Reddit content even though it contains no Reddit memes
Found the redditer.

>"As long as its not anime its okay"
>OP image is literally anime

>caring this much

Found the autist.

But it's a video game.

it was posted here yesterday with the poster saying that it was from reddit

yeah, an anime video game.

Reminder from last thread
twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/840308718289993728

Besides Glaz, who do you guys think will be part of the reinforcement patch? The last one had a lot of people.

I hope for more fixes to Blitz and changes to Kapkan to be a bit more viable.

>implying a video game can't be anime

Aight lads, show's over, abandon thread.

Glaz did not need a buff... He could two shot any operator and at least get them down, all you needed was aim. Fucking reddit did this. Now I am going be scared shitless when the final 15 seconds the site gets smoked off.

>using abandon thread unironically
>that gif

Disgusting. Please kill yourself.

As I said last thread, they'd be stupid not to jump on the #buffblitz train.

>unironically

>"Glaz did not need a buff"
Yes he did.
His firepower was not the problem, it was his lack of utility.
>"Fucking reddit did this"
>implying /r6g/ hasn't been calling Glaz useless for a long time before reddit ever did

>Glaz didn't need a buff
>He got one anyway
>He's still shit
>Tachanka has needed a buff since release
>He finally got one
>He's almost worse
Can't wait to see how they fuck up Blitz.

>another thread derailed by reddit

Stop.

I don't care how you fucking slice it, You could not possibly tell me that Glaz wasn't overshadowed by Blackbeard in 9/10 situations.

>people have already stopped posting about reddit
>"lol wow derailed by reddit"
You're actually derailing the thread further by continuing to bring attention to it.

>getting this buttblasted over an ancient reaction image
For what conceivable purpose?

Alright lads, what wall do you reinforce but most other people don't?

The wall above the stairwell on the 3rd floor of Hereford. People tell me it's stupid, but I get a fuckload of kills from there.

All of them because I'm in shitter elo and my teammates only reinforce walls if they're between bombs.

2 walls across from football door in weed room on Favelas.
Everyone ignores it, but it gives a huge sightline down through football if it gets blown open.
I've fucked so many people over playing as Buck and opening that up early into rounds that I know better than to ever leave it open.

you are also continuing the derailing you gigantic faggot

>blow open wall to get access between bomb
>retard teammates reinforce it
Fuck off.

>he puts his barbed wire inside the objective capzone door instead of right outside the objective capzone door

I hope you don't do this!!

I mean if I'm on hostage mode then I usually surround the hostage with wire, but that's the only scenario. Or if there's a trapdoor that our team is deliberately keeping open for some reason.

>He could two shot any operator
So can literally anyone

It depends on what angles you're holding from the objective.
If you're holding from an angle that gives you an angle out of the door, barbed outside is more important.
If you're holding to the immediate right or left of the door, or just an angle where the enemy will only see you if they come through the door, then inside is preferable. It really just comes down to the site's layout.

>keeping in line with his name, blitz becomes a 3 speed and now spawns in the prep phase
>to compensate he also loses his shield and can only use a pistol
>hitbox is still working as intended

What the fuck is this shit?

You know exactly what it is.

>Its one of "those" games

No... they don't look at the gun stats.

I was hoping they saved the thermal for the SASR since Red Eye used to be apart of them

Somehow I doubt we're getting SASR, even for Y3.

Those licensing costs must be out of their budget

So why did Glaz kill spongebob?

I'm approaching my second 25k Op (first was Valk) and I was thinking Hibana as an alternate for Thermite.

Is there anything I should know about her?

It'll be nice to be the one moving at sanic speed for once desu

She's a Mary Sue.

you can target bottom of reinforced walls to crawl in. She has only 20 bullets in her gun. She can counter mira.

Hibana is still the most useful character in the game. Wait until the mid-season reinforcements in a week or so to see if she gets nerfed.

New players do this even when I ask them nicely not to.
It's fucking infuriating. I'm going to start teamkilling for it.

>open wall
>some guy starts reinforcing so I talk in mic
>"Hey X, don't do that. Don't reinforce that. Stop reinforcing it. Don't do it."
>he's done reinforcing and moves onto the next one
>"You fucking idiot."
>shoot him in the foot or some shit out of rage

Are the servers down on PS4?

>Is there anything I should know about her?
She's objectively better than Thermite and in fact is the best attacker by a wide margin.

>some guy starts reinforcing wall
>shoot portion of the wall next to it to get him to stop
>he TKs me

Could any drawfriends draw some caveira lewds?

For the same purpose that a dumb fag would get mad at an OP image.

Do you think Glaz's thermal sight wI'll be permanent?

I've had this happen too. So stupid.

You may or may not mean that I thought the OP was bad. I don't, it was a shitty joke.

Why do I have to wait 11 minutes for a ranked match?

Do you know of the ones that were already done?

Because the rank bugm

that's what the maintenance yesterday morning was meant to address though. Why would that still be causing the low player count in ranked? Unless people are still just unaware that it was fixed

tfw all Kapkan players I've seen place their traps INSIDE the objective room (no shield on the doorways either)

You can't make this shit up

I'm not getting buttblasted about anything. I'm simply saying stop shitposting like a retard. Or is that too hard for you?

So, please:

>tfw you goof and post in the dead thread

Stop derailing the thread.

Does Echo need a buff?

we talked about this and "maybe" he is too comm dependent.

Uh, probably yeah. But some of the suggestions to make his drone do like 15 damage is retarded. It's a stunner and should be a distracter, it's just that it requires so much coordination to use it and him being speed 3 doesn't exactly help. It's a tough guy to balance I feel because he's not meant to be a roamer.

How do I rush effectively?
Just charging in sounds like the quickest way to get killed

>worst smg
>worst shotgun
>most situational, vulnerable, and difficult to use gadget

He's kind of bad.

Oops meant to say this:

I think the Famas is too good in that it's an automatic pick, but nerfing it and removing its acog would just nerf Twitch overall. Her other guns need a better kick but, really, rapid fire guns are such a fucking nobrainer at this point, especially with instakill headshots.

I thought the suggestion was 15 temporary damage that recovers over time, so it stalls them out.

Collect as much intel as humanly possible and try to find roamers to know which rooms to not go into.

Temporary damage? It feels just too silly. It's not the kind of change he needs, there are other ways to buff him which I think would be way better.

Drone like crazy.

The drone's blast needs to be less fucky about hitting people. Too many times I've blasted some guy I clearly have a red circle on, and have had nothing happen.

And maybe the MP5SD could stand to be better than his pocket SMG in more ways than having an ACOG too.

>Someone on my team drones the objective room
>says no one is in there
>decide to go for it since Im one room over
>breaking down the barricade that'll let me into the objective room
>spot a kapkan trap
>before I can even aim my gun the Ash on my team fucking sprints by out of nowhere
>trap goes off killing us both
>mfw

Regarding his drone aim, it really doesn't help that it has to hit their heads and it's a small hitbox. And the "I AM STUNNED" animation plays even if they aren't actually stunned. He's a silly operator.

literally cartoon-tier imagery

>Echo now has 2 Yokai
>Both can be active simultaneously
>Quick switch between them with the ability button while in control of one
>Drones now make much less noise
>Reduced to 2 bursts per drone
>Burst cooldown increased slightly (2-3 extra seconds)
>MP5-SD gets reduced recoil

It's entirely legitimate if you can delay your enemy from reaching those doors.

Forcing an enemy to be careless with time pressure is probably the easiest way to get a kapkan trap kill, aside from exploiting some meme lighting/door geometry spots.

Sometimes I go through a door and then 10 seconds later a teammate goes through the same door and sets off a Kapkan trap.
That always freaks me out.

Make his sonic burst a hitscan instead of a radial projectile.
It doesn't make any sense that his burst moves slower than the speed of sound, while bullets all move instantaneously in the game.

>Temporary damage? It feels just too silly.
It would make pushing while you're stunned less viable, which since the burst currently doesn't really fuck with your aim or the vision at the center of your screen too much, might help it do its job (stall) better.

Are you vaulting through barricades when this happens? Because if the Kapkan puts their trap at the very very bottom of a doorway you won't actually clip the laser most of the time in that case, leaving the trap to be tripped by either someone else, or yourself if you double back.

>Twitch buff: Echo edition
Not to say that I dislike this idea, I would be fine with this, but I would go with something simpler.
Like just making him medium armor so he can actually move around and capitalize on his drone stuns/intel himself instead of being completely reliant on his team for anything and everything.

Nope, usually it's because I crouched through and my teammate didn't. Sometimes people put their traps at chest height.

>Like just making him medium armor
>capitalize on his drone stuns/intel himself
>instead of being completely reliant on his team
I mean we already have Valk and Pulse when it comes to intel operators that can capitalize on their own intel, Echo feels unique to me because he's required to communicate with his team to be effective. I think it's an interesting limitation to have on him, that instead of being dumped entirely because it makes him weaker, could be held in place as a balancing factor for additional power aside from his weaknesses.
Keeping him as more of the "I need to stay alive and stay safe/protected near an objective" kind of operator would make him a unique intel operator compared to Valk and Pulse, which both already have solid roaming capabilities. I just think it'd be a waste of what I personally enjoy about his current playstyle to just make him another roaming intel operator that goes for kills himself rather than communicating with his teams' roamers for potency.

What was old Twitch like? I started playing in Red Crow.

One Shock drone and two normal drones, her shock drone didn't spawn in prep phase, and her Shock drone was both slower and louder than normal drones.
Now it's quieter and moves at the same speed (I think) or faster.

She had two normal drones like everyone else, and one shock drone that she could deploy once the drone phase ended.
That shock drone was also slow as hell, and still had the big obvious red lights on it.
When she was picked, she was picked because of the FAMAS, which was still as borderline OP as it is today.

Alright.

>Get called a smurf for going 8-0 in one of my first PC games of Siege

Am I a smurf if I played on Xbawks for most of the year