/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gcgCn-Yt5Q4
youtube.com/watch?v=mw-VLN8xVgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for i like the legend of zelda! :)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gcgCn-Yt5Q4

how for either of these

do the bird kids quest for warblers nest, and make a fire on top of the thing when the sun hits the spire of rito village so that it shines through the hole upon the thing.

Mipha = Garuk > Urbosa >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Revali

So wher do I pick up the bird kid's quest and where is the thing for the second one

You have to beat the rito divine beast before doing either. Afterwards, literally pick both quests up in rito village.

ah, I'M RETARDED, GOT IT.

>Lynels only exist in the games that take place in the Downfall timeline
>The reference to twilight during the ceremony is a dub specific thing only spoken in the english version
>Ruto would be a sage in the Dowbfall timeline since Links death happened at the end of Ocarina, but would never have the chance to be a sage in the child timeline

Theres no other timeline these games fit in

Is there a map with all the shrine locations yet? I have five left and it's a pain in the ass circling the map waiting for the sensor to start pinging

Who still nudebros here?

OOT/Major's Mask as still the best Zelda games. BOTW is a good game but it is too different to be considered a proper Zelda game

THE GREAT HYLIAN WILDLIFE DOCUMENTARY.
Continuing from the other day, I've learned a few new things:
>Monster Masks trick all corresponding enemies into being friendly unless attacked
>Except Lynels. Lynels merely watch you for a moment before going into attack mode. Lynels also have not been known to exhibit any of the following behavior traits:
>Monsters will chase after thrown food and eat it right away. Multiple monsters vying for one apple will rush to get it, and the losers will get upset.
>Monsters will follow you over a distance. What determines how far they follow you is unclear, as some will stop after only a few yards, and I've gotten a moblin to follow me roughly 100 yards. After they stop following you, monsters always return to their spawn point.
>While within their spawn area, monsters that find you will follow you constantly, getting upset if they lose sight of you.
>Monsters are NOT fooled by masks of other monsters.
>Moblins are scared of magic: if you use magnesis on metal boxes near them and swing them around, they get scared and run off.
>Monsters will respond to you being attacked by other enemies, making angry gestures, but will not defend you. I am now completely unsure what caused the Lizalfos/moblin fight from tuesday's thread.

>people actually think the line about time and twilight etc is actually lore and not just a reference

Few fanbases are this autistic. This is some DEEPEST lore shit.

How do I charge the joycon? I've been putting them back onto the tablet part and putting it onto the dock, then manually powering down by holding the power button for ~10 seconds - but the joycon just died for the first time after ~20? hours which means I' havent been charging them.

>amiibos are $10,000 on Amazon and every online retailer
>Veeky Forums laughs at me and says go to the store
>go to the store
>every single zelda related amiibo is sold out
>everywhere
>forever

nth for MAKE LINK LEFT-HANDED AGAIN

How do I wake up the Stalnox in Hickaly Woods?

He's just laying there all dead and shit. I want him to wake up so I can kill him.

>Complete Guide
>No Korok locations
>Complete

What is this scam

The canonical video game series of my existence and my generation has been utterly and canonically crucified and vivisected by modern video game cancer.

I'm fucking mad.

Zelda has "press A to not die"

Video Games Are Dead.

Sonyggers on /v/ were right.

This Game Actually Is Bad.

If you played any zelda games since MM, you are the cancer as well, by the way. Just stage 1 cancer.

this is full blown fucking metastatic stage 4 small cell carcinoma.

Don't be such a corporate cocksucking worthless drone that you cannot see it.

>stal

hmmmmmmmmm i wonder

He doesn't wake up at night for some reason, this isn't my first stalnox m8

sorry for the attitude then
that's a stumper

>Zelda has "press A to not die"
The first zelda game with that came in 2002. You even HAD to use the QTE in that game to kill some bosses. In this game it's not necessary.

I'm pretty sure the Zora lore plaque that talks about Ruto implies that the hero survived and defeated Ganon though. Does anyone have a screenshot of it?

So other than completing the compendium, collecting korok seeds, getting all the non amiibo locked armor sets/fully upgrading them and beating all the shrines while waiting for winter dlc's new story, what else is there to do in this game?

Just beat all four divine beasts, got all the memories, beat ganon and got the true ending. Don't really know where to go from here.

Really hope the dlc lets you play as Zelda or even Ganon over the ages before he gave up reincarnation all together to become a being of pure malice

>you have to be a nigger and steal arrows to do zora dungeon, the intended and canonical first dungeon, first

>white people
>steal
It's called colonizing.

>having to
>in an open-world game
>not just gitting gud

There's your problem, user

how is it the intended first "dungeon"? Surely that would be the Rito one if any were intended to be the official start, being the shortest, easiest and giving you the mobility power?

You can just buy them. Or pick them up from the lizarfos on the way to zoras domain. You don't have to go to the lynel at all.

>Soldier Armor, Soldier Greaves, and Hylian Hood

this is what patricians wear

>tfw this is your bow inventory
Feels good man

Very solly fo repost

So I found the exact place where I can trigger a memory by Lake Kolomo in Hyrule Field, but in both of the nearby stables(Riverside and Outskirt), the painter has already told me of other places to go. What stable do I go to in order to activate this place?

this is awesome, user. A great read while I wait this fucking rain to end so I can climb a tower.

Is the Rito one really easier than the Zora one? I just did the Zora one and it was super easy. Although I do have the Master Sword and a full second stamina wheel.

I already had about 50 shock arrows by the time I got to zora region, never even climbed the mountain.

There's no "HAVE TO" in this game.

I read on GameFAQs that a lot of people called this game a masterpiece. Is it a masterpiece?

Where the fuck are the silver arrows?

>lozg doesnt know based vg is the promised 4chanian land of no mods and no mobile rangeban

wew you're in for a culture shock

man these fucking riddles to open shrines are starting to get annoying

You can complete the whole rito main questline in about 20 mins start to end, maybe less. It's super easy and short.

Probably my biggest disappointment with the game.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

>4 days in a row having blood moon

???? why

/r/thathappened/

>Link, jump in the air and shoot these targets. You have three minutes.
>Wow, you did it in twenty seconds with no effort at all! Master archer!
Rito is a meme.

go farm those major tests of strength

I want to fuck Moblin!

Look at that long virile horn.

I want to fuck Mipha, Zelda, Paya, and every Gurudo except the old ones

I'm going mad trying to find this last treasure chest in Vah Medoh. Does anyone know a video that shows all the chest locations?

You can buy them in stacks of 50, I don't see what's so hard to understand for you.

thanks for the guide, faM

Holy fucking reeeeeee

I swear to god I hate having to drop weapons for new better ones

This is exactly why you don't have any friends.

It's really short and easy.
>Zora quest wants you to climb a mountain and steal shock arrows from under a Lynel's nose
>Rito quest wants you to gently glide down to a side area to play a very easy minigame, and then gives you the bomb arrows you need for free

For those curious, I found the climbing pants.

They're in a shrine on the southeast side of Lanaryu Mountain.

You need cold resistance to get there

>Not all x5

better keep farming

Fuck Naboris and fuck spinning wheel puzzles. Goddamn.

uhhm guys?...

I WANT TO FUCK A FISH

This is why gays need to be exterminated

So if it's raining and someone is on a horse, they will find shelter.
Unless this always happens when you come across this
but I thought it was super cool detail.

SO DO I user
MIPHA!

what

what did you dooooooo

What, I want a female Moblin

this is the general you want

Do Yiga Blademasters still throw out OHKOs when you run into them in the overworld?

>hear about a fountain that can revive horses
>"Oh, I bet you can revive Link's horse from 100 years ago!"
>you can't

Geez, what were they thinking?

They'll find shelter even without a horse.

Spent a good half hour trying to get to that console in the cage before I realized I had to wait in one of the holes to the right side. Then I got my shit kicked in by Thunderblight ganon That thunder resist potion Sidon gave me way back really helped

Yeah I love the way people respond to the weather, even have different dialogue. It's great.

What's the deal with the Diamond Circlet? Does it work with the ancient armor for the set bonus?

So the shrine in Korok Forest, the one where "constellations are the key", has utterly stumped me.

A hint or two would be appreciated.

Sidon is for ______!

Count them.

Input the result.

being a bro

number of times each one appears in the big mural

pay attention to the lanterns too

Thanks. I've been experimenting mostly in the great plateau with Bokoblins, seeing how they react to different stimulus.
I plan to experiment with all of the 'mask' monsters (Lynel included) to see how they act based on player input and other things. After I'm done on the plateau, I plan to head to the Lizalfos village on the Zora River to see how they respond.
After I get all the 'mask' enemies done, I might see if experimenting with other creatures is worth it. If anyone wants to help in this endeavor, I'd be glad to have it.

Numbers

>Waiting on Eldin skeleton's skull
>Dragon asshole won't show up during the hours it's meant to be appearing.

Where is the portal to enter the dark world?

>just got done farming 60 Ancient Gears for the armor
>need 30 more to upgrade

FUCK THIS

hey guys, what do you think of the first episode of my OoT 3D lets play? Feel free to like and subscribe :)

youtube.com/watch?v=mw-VLN8xVgU

buged spot
its extra funny because you can see the green dragon banish in the water

It's easy. Ancient Cores and Star Fragments are worse.

Sheik is Zelda

Shit, you guys. I got it now.

Thanks!

Man I'm playing this game, and all I can think about is all the horrible carnage that would have been wrought if WW Link was the protagonist.

Reply please

>Game Grump playing breath of the wild.
Sounds like toture.

>Fighting a Lynel
>Random wolf comes running in
>Decides to attack me

nigga why

you aren't a monster

you aren't under ganon's control

for what purpose would you choose to sacrifice your life this way

Hey! What are some good ingredients to use in money making elixirs other than moblin fangs? I mean, are there any other monster bits that are easy to find and worth a lot?

Alternatively: where's a good place to go if I want to kill a bunch of moblins? I'm trying to farm rupees so I can get the 10k I need for the last Great Jewry and I got bored of snowling

>arrows don't do shit to Rudania's sentries
>metal boxes fucking existing destroys them instantly

Any monster ingredient adds its value plus a bonus to the recipe.

The best source of money I found was from higher end enemy materials, like Moblin guts and red/blue lizalfos tails.

Alternatively you could take a stack of six hammers to death mountain and clear the place of ores.

Horses are worthless, correct?

They're much less mobile, can only be called in the area it's in, and just get in the way when you need to go somewhere.

>Fighting a Guardian with another Guardian in the distance targeting me
>Stalkoblins and Stalmoblins slide in to see what's up
>Yiga clan members bamf in

Are you SURE?

Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE this is what you want to be doing right now?

>money making elixirs
Literally why
Snowling is 800 rupees every 2 minutes if you're consistent, and Super Gut Check Challenge is 720 rupees every 2 minutes if you're not.

I haven't gotten to this line yet. Does it specifically reference the Hero of Twilight? Because otherwise it doesn't mean anything since the Twilight realm exists regardless of timeline.