What's driving a beetle like?

What's driving a beetle like?

loud.
and probably even unsafer than riding a bike

Compared to a modern economy car?

It's loud in all ways, the steering is manual, the shifter throw is long and vague, clutch is extremely light, lots of body roll, obviously slow.

However it's got low gearing and good torque so it's zippy around town. The ride is nice because of big sidewalls and cushy suspension and seats. The smell of warm oil is addicting. Almost as addicting as that air-cooled chatter. And everyone above 50 smiles and waves as you because the car is cute.

t. Beetle owner

Deeply satisfying on a very rudimentary level, as is driving any simple old shitbox.

With increasing size and power, cars first become less fun before they become more fun again.

This pretty much, though I would add in cramped if you're not used to it. My mothers cabriolet sucks to drive for me for any longer than a hour.

Overrated. Friends has been dailying one for years and first it was wow cool because lol beetle and now it's just boring and it's a burden to drive in it.

He is a total beetle autist tho and has several of them.

>And everyone above 50 smiles and waves

>a car for everyone seeking boomer approval

stressful at times

Nice shot, where do you live?

Meh, I am 6'5 and 220 with quite large legs. It's not too bad.

These are the okay tho of boomers though. Not the real-bike-riding and I-know-what-I-got-ing type.

Cape Cod Massachusetts

Summed it up.
Honestly, I'd say in the end it was a hell of a lot of fun. I miss mine that I had daily'd for two years.

A bag of sand
Also salty coins

Kind of like driving a 911. Except slower.

but I haven't driven a 911 either!

>Falling for the Kraut luxury automobile meme
>Not buying the better French excrementbox

Like a big go-kart
The one I drove handled way and went in directions I needed. there was some fun driving it down the narrow roads

If you are going french, why not the twingo's spiritual liege?

Salty milk and coins

Frogs trying to copy slavs and kubelwagens

The 2CV dates back to a pre-war design, when the Bug was meant to be sold but wasn't because the nazis shafted their populace.

Renaults 4 were made for people with lower income, 2cvs cost more if i'm not mistaken.
Also think about how renault 4 gets hot in the sun/summer since it's not a cabrio like 2cv

2CV is my first car and my daily drive, even though it's not strong it's great for open roads, road trips and especially summer trips in europe. Everything on this car is easy to fix and you can pretty much mod everything to your tastes

I like everything about this car except the rust and it's shitty body parts, but that seems to be the usual for french cars. I'm thinking on changing parts to fiberglass parts to avoid the constant headache of rust

breddy gud. Mine had a tooth missing on the flywheel so every now and then when you went to start it it'd go CRNKRNKNKRNKNRNNRRRR

Great to impress the lay-dees

Also didnt do too well in stop-start traffic. Had nice shiny wheel trims that someone stole.

Oh and dont get one if you live in a cold climate. I'm sure the heater functioned adequately in 1967 when my car was made, but I pretty much have testicles the size of raisins in wintertime driving that thing.

Can confirm, every fuel stop includes a narration about how i got it and how i fixed it up. Its fun car to drive in.

What do you think it's like driving a car with thin sheet metal, no sound deadening, a transmission that shifts like a mixing spoon in liquid cheese, and the handling and acceleration of a shopping trolley?

My parents had a beetle, I had to learn to drive in it, learned to wrench on it. It was a loud, slow, didn't stop well, had shit handling, and was piece of rattly shit. I HATED that car, and I will always hate them.

Now they have a new one (the old one got smashed into by a polo and crumpled like a can, leaving my dad hospitalized for weeks), and I have a TR6.

>waaaaaah mommmyyyyy
Fucking millennials lmao

Wow quality response as usual from beetle fanfags.

Go back to listening to beatles albums and bragging about how you can change the engine in your shitbox in a few hours.

>millenial
>owns a TR6, parents had a beetle
uh yeah I'm guessing you're off by about 3 decades

Go back to crying about a tiny engine being too loud and a harsh ride being to uncomfortable for your 350lb lard ass

Stop it, you're spoiling me with the quality of your fanfaggery

Germans invented the people's car.
Slavs copied it.
Frenchs made it cuter.
Italians made it lovable.

Cold in the winter