Which car shoul i buy?

something cheap and good looking like an alfa romeo 159 (second hand ofc)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Isuzu_engines
youtube.com/watch?v=tUt-6vBNs9Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JTD_engine#1.9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i mean, should*

>an alfa romeo 159

You already have the answer.

You won't find anything more beautiful for the money.

I had an Alfa for my last car - I loved it but the electrics were are pain in the arse

3k civic
a few simple mods will make it faster than a 159

>a few simple mods will make it faster than a 159

What's with all the 14 year olds on Veeky Forums thinking racing is the only reason people buy cars?

Alfa Romeo 147

only if it's NOT the diesel

What's wrong with the diesel?

It's heavy and completely ruins the driving dynamics/fun of the Alfa. The driving dynamics and fun are THE reason to buy an Alfa, so why would you want to completely ruin that? Diesels are nowhere near as fun as high revving petrols just due to the different methods of power delivery
Petrol or bust. The petrols are just as reliable as the diesels. The engine to get is the 1750, with the 2.2L and 3.2L also acceptable.
If looking at a 2.2L or 3.2L remember the engines were designed for the American market, even though the car never sold in America. As a result, they seem to be thirstier, but still not horrendously bad.

>fwd 4 door sedan
>fun to drive

Get an early NC miata OP

>rides a bicycle
>talks about which car is fun to drive
opinion discarded

But I have a v8, rwd, manual vehicle???

bicycles don't count

>A bycicle having a v8 engine

???

Are you the same dumb autist from the alfa thread?

but miata is gay

t. Fiat fangirl

Wouldn't a fiat fangirl like the Miata considering the Abarth version of it?

No because the Fiata reminds them that Fiat cant do proper sports cars

trucks don't count.

It has a small block shebby, of coirse it counts

no it doesn't. And I'm a GM whore,

What, whats that? Cant hear you over muh small block shebby

That has to be an ancient truck too. They did offer manuals on GMT800 trucks, but they were shit compared to the automatics.

I love the Chevy small block, but it does not automatically make something great. Lemme guess. You got the 305?

No, it is a 350

oooh big boy panties. You've still got all the suspension sophistication of an ox cart.
I like chevy trucks. the V8 noise is addicting, but the engine can't be the only thing to make it fun.

My friend got an 159 as first car
Out of nowhere he got engine light and car not starting up 1 month later.
Had to tow it to shop and get it fixed. Was pricey as fuck. Dont know what the problem was but he sold it right after the fix because he got fed up with it. Has a mazda now and never had problems.

Another friend also gets constantly engine light on his alfa, but it doesnt seem to affect anything because it comes and goes

Be careful wth those cars

Alfa Diesels are a lot more reliable and have plenty of torque. Also, none of that twin-spark servicing bullshit.

>Alfa Diesels are a lot more reliable
U wot m8?

The 1.9 is a GM unit well known for pretty much every common diesel problem you can imagine. EGR valves, injectors, turbos, premature clutch and dual mass flywheel wear, fuel pump failure etc etc.

The 2.4 is ok, but lets be honest that just makes it a diesel saloon and there are much better ones out there than an Alfa. You would be better off with a 330d or even an A4 3.0 TDI if you go down that road.

>twin spark
except the 159 didn't get any Twin Spark variants you mongoloid.
The 2.2L in the 159 was a GM L61 (Z22SE in Europe) 2.2L Ecotec I4 with an Alpha specific head and pistons.
The 3.2L was a GM 3.2L High Feature V6 from the first gen Cadillac CTS, again with Alfa-specific heads and pistons.

The Bugatti Chiron totally ripped off that car's front end

user...

>159
>not the GT
not that the 159 doesn't look good, the GT just looks better

>1.9 is a GM unit
lolwut
GM never had any 1.9 or 2.0 diesel.
The 2.0 diesel used on the Insignia is actually a Multijet unit.
And as far as I know, the 1.9 was one of the most reliable diesel engines on the market at the time.

>GM never had any 1.9 or 2.0 diesel.
Isuzu is part of GM you turd. diesels are kinda their thing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Isuzu_engines

>he doesn't know the "few simple mods" copypasta

>alfa romeo 159
great choice

>user, you drive an Alfa? I guess I won't be needing these

>cant do proper sports cars
it's better than the original, retard
based 124 spiderman

>fun
those are slow af

>smoking BMW fangirls with a fwd fiat
>not fun
youtube.com/watch?v=tUt-6vBNs9Q

Put your trip back on !mjet, or are you ashamed that people will point out you drive a diesel fwd cuckbox?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Im not a tripfag !mjet

tripfag, namefag, same shit
and I'm not mjet, I drive a otto cycle alfa

>replying to Alphonse

this one is for the toilet-kin, the absolute DIESEL SCUM small man with even smaller ideas. im finding it difficult to deal and speak with my diesel fiat loving son on a day to day basis hed rather be """going wonderlust levels of HAM""" at the local Blue Man Group show at the expense of my life insurance. he wants to make my death look like an accident so that he can claim the money and go watch Matilda on Ice with impunity. the absolute SHIT LIPS this activity is nothing short of sneaky, i never knew my pinto loving spawn would turn into this monster, this reptilian lizard kin son of a bitch.

as i type this im in the electronic section of Giant Tiger and getting in tune with my inner "rogue pixels" so that i have a sturdy defense against my son named Michael Jet (mjet for short"

have i failed as a father? yes and no. i bought him the 1.3 digger mobile in automatic to teach him temperance and respect for the samurai code, you start low and aim high, but like most corrupt defective boys he'd rather just identify as THE GOLD FACE instead of dealing with me directly. i have to deal with THE GOLD FACE as proxy. these are his crimes who will take him in

fucking absolute scum

>This post

it's pasta
thanks for the (You)s though

It's faster than a 4 cylinder bmw!
Boy oh boy what an achievement.

Of the same displacement. I'd say it's an achievement, yes.
Wanna tell me about how BMWs are slow because the Veyron exists?

Even a 318i has a 2L.
This means absolutely nothing.
Could've been a 320i with an n46 instead of an n43 which would mean less power and still 2L.

Both the Alfa and the BMW are fucking slow in the end.

>damage control

wtf I love alfa romeo now

>GM never had any 1.9 or 2.0 diesel.
Wrong

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JTD_engine#1.9

The 2.0 in the Insignia is the newer engine, the 1.9 is the one in the 159 and loads of other GM products. The performance of the 150 version was good when it worked, but they are far from reliable. The 120 was a bit better on the reliability front, but performance blunted.

the more you know

What is it about Alfas that they make stunning exteriors and then completely disregard any form of beauty when designing interiors?

>completely disregard any form of beauty when designing interiors
this guy lol