Why would anyone ever buy anything other than an F150 if they're looking for the truck?

Why would anyone ever buy anything other than an F150 if they're looking for the truck?

Competitors such as the Ram 1500 cost more, weighs more, and takes 0.7L more displacement to make the same power as 5.0L coyote engine. Not even schilling

F150 isn't bad but suspension and steering components in their Japanese counterparts tend to be a bit more refined. Just look at something like the Tacoma which for all tents and porpoises is considered to be a better truck. Both by market value and value retention

One of my neighbors bought one couple years ago and the blue on the Ford emblem is already fading. Wtf is that cheap shit?

have they started putting lockers on their off road package yet? LOL

>ferd reliability

That's why. RAMs no better but I believe the physical truck is actually bigger, so hicks flock to it.

Completely different vehicles with different applications.

Lol no. Limited slip costs lots extra too.

Standard on the Tundra though.

I must admit those murdered-out Rams look fucking sick, but at the end of the day it's a fucking Dodge.

I never bought anything outside Chevy before. I know dick about Ford's or how reliable they are, so i would need a little bit of enlightenment on the pros and cons for the F-150.

>Why would anyone ever buy anything other than an F150 if they're looking for the truck?

I guess people buy anything other than a F-150s because of MUH BRAND/BADGE LOYALTY. (diehard chevy/gmc fanbois)

joking right? because I saw like a 2011 f4x ....doing a 1 wheel peel barley off the pavement....my friend told me yeah, lockers don't come with off road pack....how.

All modern pickup trucks are so similar that they have to resort to hire brand shills on Chinese cartoon discussion forums in order to get their point across.
What a future we live in.

Because nobody seriously offroads modern, full sized pickup trucks. They're too heavy for mudding and too long for rock crawling.
They're also too much to consider for serious overlanding which is largely dominated by the extra, extra option Tacoma

I hardly offroad, yet would never own a truck without lockers... 2wd w/ locks > 4wd w/o

just seems like all trucks should have it, tsk tsk.

Sorry, truck noob here but what are lockers?

>rams uconnect is supperior
>ferd interiors still feel cheap
>ram has 395 hp and 410 ft/lbs vs 385 and 387 in ferd
>rams 8 speed trans
>ram rides smoother
>b...but muh hp per liter
fuck off and buy a honda civic

Ram also weighs about 1000 pounds more so you better supercharge that hemi to even keep up, grandma.

its closer to 500lbs when comparing 4x4 crew cabs
>basing trucks value on drag racing
shiggy the 8 speed hemi is just as fast in any real life situations

>2wd w/ locks > 4wd w/o
This is the biggest load of shit I've ever read on Veeky Forums.

open vs locked diffs.

depends on what your doing, open diffs have its place, not on my truck.

a 4wd open is more capable than 2wd anything, but 4wd locked is more capable than open in almost all applications, If I'm getting a new truck I'm not going to want to "fix" it from factory.

>depends on what your doing
In the context of the post I was replying to, it doesn't really. Having the drive displace the entire weight of the vehicle is a much greater advantage in low traction scenarios than having it limited at one end with a dead weight up the other, whether the differentials are open or not. Try taking off from a stop, or even turning in beach sand and you'd know what I mean.

With the aftermarket options available, the lack of factory fitted difflocks would be a bonus if fitted, but sure as hell not a deal breaker.

and as well having low range.

however I point and make fun of people doing 1 wheel peels.

Ford tends to go with 4x4 and electronic rear locker.
Dunno about the FX4 but the elocker came standard on my XTR and I love it.
Aftermarket lockers for the front also exist if you feel the need.

Is the Nissan Frontier still competitive if you don't need a big truck?

My 2004 Ranger comes stock with a torsen limited slip that can lock.

or get a truck worth keeping around? maybe start at a 1 ton ford or possibly a 3/4 ton no newer than '97.

They're not bad if you know how to work on vehicles, but for the average consumer they're dogshit.

No.

yes, 6 years ago, and as an option on all other models

I'll never buy a new F150. I like my 13' 6.2 platinum too much. I KNOW my engine won't give me any shit, it's not going to need new turbos at any point, and I know the block will last longer than an aluminum block because it's cast iron. And it makes more horsepower than even the outgoing 3.5 Eco (yea yea yea I know the 6.2 makes less torque, but a tune/exhaust can fix that). When I work the 6.2 to it's max capacity in the F150, I know it's not really working at the max capacity. The Super Duty uses the 6.2 to tow more than the F150 is capable of. When you use the 3.5 to max capacity, you truly are using it to the max capacity. Not a fan of that.

If I buy a new truck I'll be forced to step up to the Super Duty if I want a tried and true truck engine. It's pretty sad, honestly.

my 13' has rear lockers.

You can easily do some moderate offroading in an F150, though. Not crazy shit, but you can definitely have some fun in the mud. Throw on a level and some bigger AT tires and you're golden IMO.

your friend is a retard and doesn't know what he's talking about. the FX4 package came with a standard LSD from whatever year it was released until 2010. from 2011+ the FX4 comes standard with an electronic rear locker. LSD or e-locker, depending on the year, can be added to pretty much any Ford as a factory option as well as a variety of axle ratios from 3.31 to 4.10. with that said, the locker obviously only functions when the switch is engaged, but any Ford truck new enough to be equipped with a locker also has traction control that mimics an LSD when the locker isn't engaged.

true. you don't need a crawler buggy to go fuck around. I've done quite a few trails with my truck that people told me nothing larger than a Tacoma would make it through.

> coyote engine

I enjoy having to drop the whole engine to do a exhaust manifold gasket

well then the 5.0L isn't for you, you can install headers on a Coyote Mustang without having to touch the engine mounts, and it's a no-brainer that you can do the same for the truck with way more space.

I'm a GM fangirl personally. Just got a 2014 GMC half ton.

I was pretty close to getting a Ferd though if I couldn't find the right package on muh Chebby.

The 5.3, and by extension the 6.2 SBCs are fucking good dude. Aluminum block doesn't matter because all the important shit is iron.

first off - the 6.2L made more horsepower and torque than the 11-16 3.5L EB (411/434 vs. 365/420). but tune either one of them and the V6 will walk away from the V8. even in stock form the V6 can be quicker because the max torque comes in so low.

second, the Super Duty 6.2L isn't the same as the one that was in the F150. the one in the super duty makes like 385/405 because it has different cams and pistons, and lower compression to keep it cooler when it's being worked hard. when you're maxing out a half-ton it's not the engine that's running at capacity, it's the suspension. that's why it drives me nuts that people think they're good to tow a 40' fifth wheel camper with a half-ton now just because it's nearing 400 horses and their old dually was only 300.

>porpoises
opinion discarded

Open diifs, limited slip, e-lockers...

Drive a well adjusted LS in all kinds of wet, snow, dry, or off-road for several...or 20 years then tell me you still want an elocker in your daily driver truck. The locker is helpful at times but in a big ass truck...4x4 and an LS will probably work much better because...i don't know...i like turning left in the rain without disabling traction control everytime i drive.

Lots of people like that. No idea what they're doing. I know someone that bought a frontier thinking it could pull what I can with my f150. Yup...sure can, right up until it loses control.

>Why would anyone ever buy anything other than an F150 if they're looking for the truck?
>Why would anyone ever buy anything other than an F150
>buy anything other than an F150
>other than an F150
>F150

Maybe because I need an F350?

Hmm, never saw a base model dually before.

round here, you just see top of the lines ones all tricked out.

Sometimes you just need a basic truck that can pull a heavy trailer

>hp/L
>trucks
normally this kind of retardation is reserved for ricers and bench racers, not brotruck faggots

I understand, it's just that seeing a base dually is rare around here since most people would rather buy one with an upperscale trim level. Don't know why guess they want to pull large trailers across states in comfort, but their money their preference.

These kind of threads have to be advanced marketing techniques and futures-studies performed by analysts using reverse psychology.

There are many reasons why a person might choose to do anything. Eat shit, Ford employee/contractor. I'm not going to do your job for you by telling you how to sell trucks.

Yeah. Irritates the fuck out of me. If I towed more than like 3/4 of my F150s towing capacity regularly I would get a bigger truck. People just don't understand that just because you can get something moving doesn't mean you can safely stop or steer it. I spent a lot of money learning how to drive and tow heavy shit properly and safely and it fucking boggles my mind that people can just hook their shitty old farm truck up to a trailer having no idea what it weighs and go tailgate people down the highway with it.

>not understanding that it is a meme

>Ram also weighs about 1000 pounds more
>so you better supercharge that hemi to even keep up, grandma.

you better keep any toolboxes away from your truck or else it will get BTFO

>Poorfag cant afford a bedliner

>his shit truck can't handle a little toolbox
>implying some bed liner will stop ford from getting BTFO
Fords trucks are so weak once the toolbox is dropped and hits the bed liner the aluminum will shatter underneath just from the residual impact

am I allowed to point out that this is an 04-08 F150?

>this guy actually just screenshotted a chevy ad
>doesn't understand how bedliners work

haha oh wow

No. It's just poor bait at this point, move along.

It never used to be like this back in my day

Ha ... I love old cheesy truck brochures.

>this fagg doesn't comprehend how weak ford trucks are
kek
>use aluminum shit
>cry when it fails
No amount of bed liner will saver your cucktruck LMAO

t. poorfag who cant afford a bedliner

>buys ford aluminum cucktruck
>buys the best bedliner money can buy
>drops toolbox onto bed liner
>Fords bed shatters just from the residual impact

Can't make this shit up famalamaslama

t. poorfag who cant afford a bedliner

no amount of bed liner will salvage fords shitty aluminum

>buys ford aluminum cucktruck
>drops toolbox onto bed liner
>Fords bed shatters just from the residual impact

t. Poorfag who camt afford a bedliner

>Bed still gets BTFO
>fordcucks will defend this

t. You know what

reminder that the 2.7 Ecoboost out tows the 6.2l pushrod v8 in towing.

see:

t. Prfg wh cnt ffrd bdlnr

I'm not even a Ferd fanboy, and to be honest, I probably wouldnt even buy any other ford car.

But since I was 14 years old (born in 82) I've been driving Ford trucks

- 89 F150
- 77 F250 (still own that one)
- 01 F150
- 03 F150
- 10 F150
- 15 F150

I never wrecked one of those and just sold them because I wanted something new. I also drove tons of other trucks but Ford somehow feels so natural to me. Perhaps this is a self fulfilling prophecy because I always had Fords, but I honestly cannot imagine owning anything else. And trust me, if I sat in another truck by a different brand and it felt as good I'd buy it.

>buys bed liner
>drops tool box
>bed explodes
What is going on here?

Hey thats my meme, get your own ones, or cant you afford them, like the bedliner???

It's comfortable enough

That what I said when I got in one, but no, guess people buy it because it has extra gizmos or whatever the fuck Platinum models offer that base models don't OR to show off they have heaps of cash. idfk. but again, their preferences i don't judge.

holy shit youre literally why no one likes hicks. you do know you drive on the same roads, in the same conditions, as soccer moms in mini vans right?

Because F-150 is a family car and the Ram comes with a Truck option.

Too big. Waiting on the Ranger.

>owning memes
>stop posting my pictures

wew lad certainly you must be jesting