Veeky Forums's Opinion

Whats Veeky Forums's opinon on the new 86? Is it a modern version of the AE86? And most importantly, does it drift?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d7IPV6uejkA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes and yes but we still don't like it because it has no power, similar to the original 86.

Why not just mod the fick oit of it like in Inital D?

The standard traction control is spot on for casuals. It lets things get a little bit out of hand before kicking in so you get to learn where the limit is but gently puts is back on course so you don't get caught with your pants down.

Pleasantly controllable once you're ready to reduce the training wheels.

More like a modern 240SX.

No its a rwd celica

Can you buy it without traction control?

No, but it comes with switches that let you turn different parts of it off, and then there's a secret Konami Code you can use to turn almost all of it off.

The engine is weak as piss.

WHY DO YOU KEEP MAKING THESE THREADS AND WHY DO ALL OF YOU IDIOTS KEEP RESPONDING

Babby's first sports car

Who cares? It's a bit of a dud in many ways, but why don't you want to support the manufacture of cheap fun fun cars again?

IT'S LITERALLY JUST FUCKING BAIT THIS CAR IS FIVE (5) YEARS OLD WHY DO YOU FUCKS STILL RESPOND

Five years and nothing better comes along? I don't know. I guess five years didn't produce much viable competition and now you can start to pick them up on the cheap.

is correct. babby's first sports car.

Whats the code

Five years old as in any discussion about it is long since past and it's just shitposting material you dip.

Check the forums. For the most part it's set up to let you have some fun without having to work at it. It's not your beast machine, but if you knock it around some it wakes up in a pleasant and responsible fashion. Going a bit sideways is very easy, and a slight amount of countersteer is all you need to keep it in line without the computers shutting it down on you.

You retards are suppose to do an engine swap when you own one. Driving this car as stock is pretty stupid unless it's your first car as a 16 year old.

I want a DIY bolt on SC kit to be honest.

>Is it a modern version of the AE86?
Stop saying this,the AE86 was just a better trim of a fucking econobox. The GT86 isn't based on anything. Its 90% subaru parts and has little to do with toyota.

>does it drift
you can make any RWD car drift.

You fucking hipster fuck this bait

>Le dude just swap it lmao meme
Really what it needs is crash bolts to get the front end out of positive camber and into negative camber, different tires, and you owe yourself a full exhaust on any fun car you own, and then a tune of you don't mind kicking your fuel economy to the curb. End list.

i like them
they're fun to drive and look nice
just wish my 6'3" butt fit in it better
yes, its an affordable FR 4 banger that could be fun stock or modified if one wants to
wasn't my car so i didn't try drifting it

>tfw you own a GT86 and can't post in the threads that say "You can only post in this thread if your DD has at least 210hp"

I'm an inch taller than you are more limber than average. It's been a bit of a surprise how many normies find it uncomfortable.

Then again most people are inflexible and not interested in cars that are even a little bit fun to drive.

how? the FRS i drove i had to lean the seat back to keep my head from hitting the ceiling
i do have kinda short legs for my height but still it kinda suck
as a passenger i wasn't uncomfortable though, just didn't like the seating position while driving

As a Toyobaru owner, it gets too much attention here. There's been a thread every day for the past two weeks it seems.

It's a sporty econobox. I love my sporty econobox, but I wont pretend it's more than that. It'll drift at as low as speed as 35mph, so yes, it drifts. It's purpose-built for drifting and does it very well.

Something approaching a combination of yoga and lifting maybe? I don't know.

If anything, I'd want the steering wheel to push further toward the dashboard, the seat to be a little bit lower, the lumbar support to be adjustable, and to be able to adjust the headrest back. But reclining the seat more than I'd think abates most of these problems, my head isn't close to hitting anything, and I don't have a problem with it driving several hours at a go.

Really maybe I'd say the bolsters should be a little bit wider since I'm not a 90lbs jap guy.

>It's purpose-built for drifting and does it very well.
No its fucking not. You only think that because it came with all-seasons because toyota are a bunch of lazy fucks. No where have they ever advertised let alone purposed it for drifting at all

>skinny tires
>oversteer anytime you want
>traction control nigger computer doesn't always jump in and ruin the fun
gee sure seems like it's purpose was to drift

>skinny tires
yes they're the same tires toyota used on the prius out of raw laziness because unlike the GT86, the BRZ comes with slicks.

>it was made to drift
No, you only think that because toyota was lazy, thats it. Nothing else.

Haven't tried the Prius tires, but decent tires are a necessity.

You only need to spin a rear wheel every time you leave the parking lot to understand this.
>tosen wat
Well it keeps you from peg-legging

>Haven't tried the Prius tires
the GT86 comes with prius all-seasons. If you drove it off the lot without buying other tires, those were the generic garbage all-seasons they put on their prius.

>You only need to spin a rear wheel every time you leave the parking lot to understand this.
ok woopty do, my mustang can do the same thing, have you seen me at Cars and Coffee?

>ok woopty do
Hardly. It's shameful.

Shouldn't happen unless you're trying to make a show of it.

I think you missed the joke

The joke is ur faec

They are pruis tires (low rolling resistance) but they are summer tires, at least where I'm from NOT all seasons. Misinformation.

The traction control is fucking horrible.I always turn it off as soon as I get into the car.

Secret code as in hold down both buttons for 5 seconds.

That's the point nigger.

It's supposed to get people used to RWD again, like it used to be.

What, to have TC so bad you're forced to turn it off every time?

No, to learn how to turn it off.

If you want a real sports car then buy one

needs 6k worth of turbo kit and e85 for 250hp.

it's shit

>pay $26k
>205hp

lol

protip: if the op is too retarded to post an actual image rather than a thumbnail, it is probably a bait thread.

Great car if you can actually afford it. Awful if you're an underage busrider.

People who say shit like

>buy aftermarket turbo
>swap engine
>buy sti parts

Are fucking idiots. The engine in this car was deliberately made not to handle anything near 300 BHP. Subaru has no interest in building something that will outperform the WRX

To give you an idea of the build quality, the engine of a fucking Nissan Micra from 2002 can handle more and have been boosted upto 600 BHP

youtube.com/watch?v=d7IPV6uejkA

>hatchback shape
>no hatchback

They could have sacrificed 2% chassis rigidity and increased usability by 100%.

Let me fix this car in two steps without increasing price:
1) put a fucking proper fastback hatch door on the back
2) dump the 2.0 NA for a 1.6 turbo (better gas mileage, same horsepower, same weight, way more torque, way easier to modify to go faster)

>. The engine in this car was deliberately made not to handle anything near 300 BHP

>New pistons to lower the compression ratio (or swap in WRX heads)
>Turbo
>Maybe exhaust + intake
>tune

easily more than 300 whp.

The block is the same as the '15+ WRX and Cobb gets those to near 350whp with exhaust + tune. Other than needing to fix the compression ratio and add the turbo what makes you think you can't do the same with this car?

>1) put a fucking proper fastback hatch door on the back
yes.
>2) dump the 2.0 NA for a 1.6 turbo (better gas mileage, same horsepower, same weight, way more torque, way easier to modify to go faster)
no.

The block is definitely NOT the same. At. All.

>no hatchback
heh yeah. If part of the design goal of the car is that it actually has storage space, then it shouldn't be so surprisingly difficult to fumble awkward items into it.

Report repeated threads.

Sage when replying.

>3:36 No.17069953▶
>
Yeah that pisses me off to that they didint even try to make the shape of the car look remotly like the AE86

The engine isn't the best, and it's nothing like the original trueno sprinter (ie boxer engine instead of an inline)

Im trying to find one but im unsure of buying ones I do find. Im afraid of it turning out to be an AE85. Ive found numerous sites of used car dealers in Japan willing to ship them to the nearest major port for me and make it US street legal tuning.

Except it is.

>you can make any car drift
ftfy

Those Micras are fucking rad. It's a shame that nobody remembers them because of their JUST aesthetics.

kys

Way to bump.

Why did you bump this?

Because this is unequivocally the best car in the world.

|:[

Why are you in all these threads, I'm starting to think it's you with your impotent rage creating all these shitposts

>impotent rage
Can you define potent rage? Also you're in every one of these threads too you fuck. These threads are like half the board right now. You think I want to talk about the 86 all day? We've had this thread a million times. I never post without my name btw.

>namefagging this hard

>You think I want to talk about the 86 all day?
That's my point, weather it's one or 12 threads you're always in them. Get a dog bro

Mods already carpet bombed most of them, along with a bunch of other borderline threads.

I like to think they kept this one due to my erudite analysis and insightful contributions.

j
z

PUT IT IN