What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSVUDcgTz-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This being the 10th thread about the 86.

Assmad fangirl detected

Enthusiasts being dirt poor cheapskates that can't even afford a 25k car (cheaper today then the AE86 or 240SX were back then)

HOW MANY FUCKING 86 THREADS MUST YOU MAKE TODAY
HAVE SOME BAD SONIC FETISH ART, I HOPE THIS HURTS YOUR BRAIN AS MUCH AS IT DID MINE

kys senpai

(You)

youtube.com/watch?v=kSVUDcgTz-U

Nothing at all. It's an amazing car unless you're a butthurt bench racer or bus rider

It's slow.

nothing. Only benchracers and busriders hate it.

why does it look like a 4x4?!?!?!?

0-60 time doesn't make a good car.

I'm guessing your education.

No but it can make a bad car

what are you even seeing my friend?

Nothing. It's perfect for it's purpose.

They didn't make it cheap enough for jobless 16 year olds to be able to afford on their lunch money.

Sage and report repeated threads.

Subaru jewed out on the engine.

Great car actually.

something about a torque dip, maybe. besides that it's perfect

Kek

honestly? flat 4. any other engine format would have better suited this car.

It is and will always be, a kids car

you are the one who is slow, my dude

Most of America is flat, straight lines and it wasn't JAY DEE EMM TYTE enough for the hardpark and FnF crowd. Sharts also can't think of ways to make things faster beyond LS swapping it (and LS swapping an 86 is going to take more than $500 and an afternoon) or MUH TOO JAY ZEE, POL WALKR.

It's got too much competition in the broader "RWD sports coupe" category in the States from the 370Z, Mustangs and Camaros, and the Genesis. Even shitty V6 pony cars will mince the BRZ and 86 at the stoplights.

Elsewhere, it's butting heads with the very 90s Jap cars it was inspired by. Why buy a new BRZ when I can buy an R33 or S14 for a fraction of the price? There's just as much aftermarket support for old Skylines and Silvias and huge established communities.

In Japanistan they have dumb rules about keeping old cars registered and huge taxes that come with it, so there's incentive to buy new. But elsewhere we've kept the 90s shitheaps they discarded running.

In a few years when they depreciate further poorfags will snap them up and they'll become the new S-chassis. There's ways to make them faster but retards are just going to blow them up and insist that they're just inherently unreliable.

LS1 swapped RX8 is better than an LS1 swapped GT86, and you have to swap the engine to make the car not boring

you're also forgetting something very important. Europe.
the toyobaru has a 2 liter engine. Displacement is not such a big concern in the states or other places maybe, but in Europe it's a pretty big deal in most countries.
A large displacement engine is gonna cost you money out the ass in taxes and other shit, and you can't get an equivalent car in terms of power and handling AND RWD unless you either cough up more money for a turbocharged something, or get it with a displacement higher than 2 liters.

There is simply no viable alternative for a good RWD vehicle in the 200hp range with an engine smaller than 2liters save for some BMWs or whatever.
I'm eurotrash myself and am seriosly open to alternatives if anyone is kind enough to give them to me.
I'm seriously considering buying either a new or used toyobaru in a couple of years and just drive it into the ground. get the most out of it and maybe eventually mod it for more power.

so,
>tl;dr
>in europe
>someone give me an alternative to the toyobary that has:
A. max 2liter displacement engine B. minimum 200hp C. RWD D. in the same price range (both for new and used) as the toyobaru.

Id rather have a V6 Camaro.

Come to the northwest if you think most of America is flat.

too expensive, shit interior