When was bmw dead to you?

when was bmw dead to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Dixi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_B38
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_B37
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When they made the F10 M5 and got rid of the V10.

When they stopped selling NA cars.

>hehe I listed it again :)

right after the E30.... then it turned to your rich boy i dont know shit about cars. Also turned to good luck fixing it yourself you peasant only our engineers can get in there

When a BMW owner fucked my wife

>t. person born after E30 went out of production

>When everything started coming with an automatic or a dual clutch
>when they gave up on being a drivers car and focusing on their luxury image
>when they stopped selling wagons that were manual
And when the ultimately kill the inline 6 soon

? and what are you saying ...

When they positioned themselves as a luxury brand.

lol this, so many hipster douches on here from reddit

tell me one car car that can be worked on buy your average mechanic and that has the same after market parts selection.

the look of the E30 is trash, but not as trash as the cuck lovers of Veeky Forums who fucking love the homosexual miata thats for sure. also never have gone to reddit. im just a Veeky Forums fag passing by.

>tell me one car car that can be worked ...
meant to say by BMW btw.

E60 and E65

when they made the e60

E36 and E46 were fine. The decline started after.

Fangirl's face when a soccermom BMW with a truck motor is faster and more frugal than their subpar Suburban

bangle

When their engines became so shit that they had to inject fake noises into cabin to make it sound decent.

after the e92

when the "e' chassis codes got replaced by "f" and now "g"

>t.e90 owner

lol they havent died but just changed, cant say I wouldnt be happy as fuck in an m4, or i8. I saw some rich asian student driving the i8 and he seemed happy as fuck. but desu the newer 2012 and up versions are just for rich faggot businessmen, a sporty luxury car, almost all under waranty so they dont have to worry about whatever maintenance. But, the e24s, e30s, e36s, e46s are just damn classics in my mind. and maybe im a nieve faggot but they are still my favourite.

somehow i feel like the guy replacing the m of mazda by ///M is less pathetic than the owner of a "///M"550d

when they let a cuck design their cars

When they put an M badge on a fucking crossover.

Let me tell you something. I grew up in Iraq pre-shit fest. I was probably 5 years old and I saw what might have been an E30. This was the first car that made me think "wow". I grew up as a BMW kid but alas as the years went on, they got uglier and uglier and uglier.

That memory I still have, passing by the car on the hit summer day, looking at the mysterious blue and white badge and asking my dad "what's this car?" I still remember it so vividly. It was my first love, what I dreamt about getting when I grew up.

After the e9x chassis.

When I started driving and realised that they were exclusively driven by morons.
When one of their employees forced me to stop and then verbally abused me at length for DARING to go ahead of him at a roundabout, I realised that I would actively try and harm the company's sales whenever I could, and would never drive one.

On top of this, when one of their cars put a dent in mine without leaving a note, I decided I despised BMW drivers as well as cars and mechanics.
One day, I will exact genocide on BMW. Drivers, owners, employees, the lot. The cars will be recycled into wind chimes, and their factory turned over to making bicycles for children.

>things that never happened by 14 year old busrider

>points to where the BMW touched him*

pretty much all the time between e36 and the M2. Since the M2 I like them again.

when they made the 2 series GT

After they wanted to piss in Mercedes's market because the performance market wasn't good enough.
after the e36 and e46.
And now BMW gets cucked on all markets by Mercedes

Pretty much this M sport everything and making nothing of much interest since the e46 CSL, or possibly the 1M

e36 and e46 you fucking hipster and btw the e30 costs gazillions of yurcoins now, so fuck off

>BMW gets cucked on all markets by Mercedes
>BMW has higher profits, higher EBITDA, higher total assets and equity
Why are teenagers on this board special kind of stupid?

Muh profits
Mercedes sells more units you fucking autist also BMW has their faggy bike department.
Why are kissless virgins on this board a special kind of stupid?

t. Bus driver

>assmad Mercedes fangils detected
I'm sorry that an S1000RR>all

When the M3 made the jump from straight six to vee aint

>when the M3 improved

If the GTR & most Porsches can make do with six cylinders than the M3 can and should as well. Save the upper tier of displacement for the M5 & M6.

>the i6 was so shit, even racing versions of the E46 turfed it for a proper engine
Why "make do"?

>Gotta make shit up quick

M550d is fucking hektik though
0-60 in less than 5 seconds is not bad for a huge sedan

With the 1 series haha baka

When the last E46 rolled off the line.

When the lease market took over their business and M became a box you check at the dealership that gets you some cool stickers

This.

When:
- Sponsoring James Bond movies
- BMW SUV
- 1 series
- 2 series
- 4 cyl engines

BMW 2 Series Active Tourer
I like their bikes still doe

>When they made the 5 GT
>When they didnt make an M5 GT

>4cyl engines

>4 cyl engines
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Dixi

>when was bmw dead to you?
when they decided they were too good to compete

When they changed the M3 to be sedan only

So in 1985?

Get the fuck off my board normie. The E30 and it's design is a gift from the heavens above and you are not worthy to gaze upon it's perfection.

>When they started selling fwd minivans with transverse engine

>When they thought selling 3-cylinder 3 serieses was acceptable

When they introduced the X3

What bmw engine is 3 cylinder diesel?

the 3 series never, ever has had a 3 cyl engine
that is a shitty memeball made by a clueless fca cuckboy

the 116d and 216d minivans have 3cyl diesels

Oh how i missed that, holy shit those performance numbers

Just checked the wiki and apparently they only offer the 3 cylinders as gas engines

The new 318i does :^)

>The BMW B38 is a DOHC 1.5 litre 3 cylinder turbocharged petrol engine

B38A15M0
Applications

>2014- BMW 218i (F45)
>2014- Mini Cooper
>2015- BMW 118i LCI (F20)
>2015- BMW 318i LCI (F30)
>2015- BMW 318i LCI (F31)

When i did this

It's my favourite car brand again

>shitskins went for mercedes
>no more shitty bangle
>interiors got better
>back to the straight 6 in the M3/4
>the new bimmers are reliable no matter what japcrap shitters will say
>b58 is a blast

>Petrol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_B38
>Diesel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_B37

>318
Lmao the cheapest trim you can buy here is the 328, the 318 is some cuck europoor special

Don't forget the 316i exists aswell

0-60 in 10 seconds isn't bad for a family minivan shitbox. Not excusing BMW's manufacture of such unappealing vehicles, just saying.

It's a shame the 3 series is so pigfat now, back in the days of E30 the 318is was a respectable MUH HANDLING machine. At least the 4 cylinder 328i has over 200hp.

but a toyota sienna do 0-60 in 7 sec.

>BMW 114d
I am not making this up

No it didn't.
>inb4 fake 0-60.com times

I just took the first thing I found on google and might have been the AWD.

The first time I saw one of these I thought it was someone fucking around and putting a bunch of badges from 3 different cars together.

Na that's just how BMW attracts it's teenager buyers

right about 2000 when everything else went to shit

I agree with this poster

E36 isn't bad

stop being ignorant

I agree, E90's were kind of charming in their own way, but the general decline began around that time, maybe a few years before.

When I learned that they offered the E60 M5 in manual in America but not in Europe.
That's just some backstabbing shit. I don't care about the economic arguments for this move, I just want muh manual V10 M5 here in Europe without needing to import one from the US.

>doesn't even bother to look up the numbers
well shitposted

Every BMW can be fixed by any mechanic in Europe, also lots of aftermarket in every model
>Americans can't even

>my car has all the m stickers

Leave it alone, there was no ///M version of the car that year fuck off its only 30 hp less
pls

>not with 3 Compact

BMW once lent me a 116d m sport for a weekend as a replacement vehicle
By far the best shitbox I've driven.
>120hp
>RWD
>6-spd manual with autorev match
>surprisingly rev happy and silent for a Diesel
>4l/100km

When ///M stopped being built by the motorsport department and became just another trim level, which was right about the time they switched from "E" to "F" chassis codes.

I know some people dislike them, but the E90/92 M3 was a fucking masterpiece. The S65 is an amazing engine and the cars themselves are spectacular and quite reliable if maintained properly. (I say this as somebody who worked for several years at a shop that specialized in M3s, BTW.)

This.

I'm actually unashamedly fond of both of these.
>3 compact=reskinned E30 coupe with same wheelbase
>1 series=compact hatchback with engine and drive at opposite ends with the option of a big six
Infact, apart from various 4x4s, a manual 130i would be just about the only reasonably priced late model car I'd buy (135 variants are a little out of my reach)

when they stopped making E31 and started making this fugly piece of shit

>3 compact=reskinned E30 coupe with same wheelbase

As far as I know it's more like the back half of an E30 grafted to the front of an E36.

And I have no problem with that. Especially with the option of the B25 six.

When they designed and built the e46, a car with more problems than a Peugeot shitbox.

Doubt.png

>m550d
>4.5s 0-60
>6l/100km

Remind me how this is bad Veeky Forums? Or is just OP a huge nigger?

They will always have more problems than a Peugeot, it wasn't really what BMW was aiming for
Peugeots are pretty reliable and didn't have many options to go wrong back in the e46 era

>interiors got better
no. the rest is correct, though.