/ng/ - Nioh General

Shark spirit edition

Ask me anything and Ill do my best to answer you edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.
Smaller clans receive more rewards in battles.

List of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/CayVK8TG (updated)

Graves and revenants info:
pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

Maxed guardian spirits:
imgur.com/a/q0bu4

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16ATVIr-dSH-n10925y_KLLihv1ucjmYXSSSEg_WqmnU/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What kind of +water rating should I be looking for in an atagi sadamune? Mine at max familiarity is +14, I'm assuming that's shit.

First for Daiba-Washi is best spirit

So what new spirits do you guys think we will get in the dlc?

Personally I am hoping for Nekomata

>tfw I can't decide with omnyo mystic art to take

Buffs lasting 50% long is super useful but it's great being able to instantly buff in the middle of a fight.

If I'm going for the beat all missions trophy, do I need to do the twilight missions on both difficulties? How exactly does that work? Been beating them on both difficulties just to be safe.

Why are so many of the guardian spirits not really good? Seems very unbalanced

>tfw beat Two Kings on Way of the Strong without stacking Final Damage and Attack from Behind stats
>no knockdown skill from any Guardian Spirit
>took only two tries today

It's not a big accomplishment but I'm damn proud. That was a true jinjou ni shobu

Didn't mean to quote

Shut up nerd.

Since Atagi Sadmune doesn't have a fixed elemental value set, the elemental value can be 「9 - 17」(+5 with max familiarity).
Rolling +17 is extremely hard, so I recommend trying for +16 instead, which will give you a whooping +21 Water with max familiarity.

I'm hoping for a fox spirit which we'll most likely get

No, only NG. All main, side and twilight missions needs to be done in under to unluck the trophy.

I actually think the guardian spirits are well balanced, but situational.
It kinda depends on what you want out of your spirit. Some grants good stats, and not so good actives, while others do the opposite. Then there's Suzaku and Saoirse.

Jesus the typos are off the charts, but you get what I mean.

Mitsuanri Ishida's guardian spirit is a fox though

Didnt Nekomata become Byakko/an avatar of Byakko? Nevertheless it would be nice to complete the four symbols and get Byakko and Seiryu(probably Date's guardian spirit).

Izuna is a fox spirit

Oh true, I forgot.
I just remember it as a dragon, since it flies, but you're right.

Honest mistake tbqh. I thought it was a dragon too until I read its description. Really hopeful for mothgirl and an actual dragon guardian spirit from the dlc though.

i beat ng+ another shore first try
no living weapon, kingo memes or sloth

don't see this in the op, but it should probably be there

reforge lists; docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16ATVIr-dSH-n10925y_KLLihv1ucjmYXSSSEg_WqmnU/edit#gid=0

>actual dragon guardian spirit
Please don't bully Mizuchi it tries its best. Also I think one of the cutscene descriptions actually named the mothgirl

Change to Attack Spirit can be gotten from random Reforge. I got one for my Aka oni spear a while back.

I want Uroboros, but that's probably not gonna happen

yeah, pretty sure i had too
didn't want to change it because it's not my doc

Make note of this post. That information was really handy.

What does "Break" even mean? I thought it was Ki Damage, but you actually get that stat on weaps.

monkey/ chicken/ sloth/ lizard/ croc

>Sloth Guardian spirit
>Improves the spell's effectiveness and duration by 30%

>Monkey Guardian spirit
>Big baddie revives Hideyoshi Toyotomi
>you get the guardian spirit from him
>first thing he does is look for Ginchiyo

Man, being Shiggy must be suffering

>sloth
>It slows EVERYONE down
>Including you

I mean, Shiggy did have concubines that actually bore children for him.

looks like literally every weapon will be rolling for the same 5 out of 6 things

familiarity/ CC damage
cta
element
final blow
CC ki reduction

then you just choose whatever suits for the final slot out of guard ki reduction/ increased ki damage or hp recovery (which is basically nothing at max level because it isn't % wise)

not sure what break/ parry do so they might be better but idk

>gives aoe sloth effect in LW mode

>"blinding shells are trash"

- /ng/

A lot of these numbers are wrong though.

care to be specific?

Some are:
>Elemental value can go up to +22
>Close Combat Life Drain can be over 20 (I myself have +23)
>Close Combat Life Recovery can be over 200

are you talking about stats at max familiarity?

Yes

as you increase familiarly the stats change

As in kys reddit cuck

>160 hours in
>only just realized there's a bonus mission you unlock from clearing the dual sword mystic arte mission
>it unlocks a gesture and the recipe for saisetsu sake
>sake takes 3 fucken kappa shells
Well at least now i have something to spend my glory on.

as in, you were being a fucking dumbass trying to compare max familiarly stats to a base familiarly chart
and now you're trying to save face by shitposting

>he doesnt know

>tfw to intellectually advanced too truly know anything

What in the actual fuck are you talking about? Are all ledditcucks this fucking dense?
The max value on for example elemental damage isn't fucking +21, its +22.
Just fuck off with your retarded graph full of mistakes

You talking about the 2 sake reward for clearing it again?

axe users, wat do you prefer? spin2win or ki drain combo/lumber chop?

Try reading the chart properly next time

Any tips for honda and tachibanana?

Do you want some cheese or just tips?

The max for a 150 is 21. Has to be 160 for 22.

Either will do, ive been trying for an hour now

did you try not being shit?

Only used spin but it fucking shreds endgame and ng+

Not good for humans though

Keep honda and range and guardbreak shiggy

thats what you use rumbling earth/lumber chop for.

>retarded graph full of mistakes

>gives one example
>it's wrong anyway
This fucking guy lmao

Headshot Shiggy (or Honda, but he has more HP so it's not as effective) before initiating the fight, he will fall over for a free final blow
Try to kill Shiggy ASAP, keep Honda at range, he has a nerfed AI and won't be as aggressive as in the other fights
Use Daiba-Washi and spam the shit out of the spirit talismans, they actually make every single human enemy in the game a complete joke

ng told me blinding shells don't work on bosses

I like high stance heaven and earth

Focus Tachibana first, try to lure him away from Honda as Honda walks slow. Keep an eye on Honda or listen for his yells when he throws rocks. Pop spirit stones to be able to use living weapon at start. Sloth talismans make it much easier.

What a good weapon to use with a spear? I wanna try Kusa but I have been told that it would cause me to spread my stats thin

Axe or 1kat

those people are wrong, just use kusa.

There's no Tatenashi smithing text even though it has a set bonus?

Fuck me, it looks damn good too.

There isn't. Just farm revenants at Isle of Demons, there are bound to be some 750 with Tatenashi

What kind of stat distribution should I have?

What armor learns shorten recovery time (out of ki)?

Just refashion to it, set bonus is shit anyway.

>tatenashi
>shit
it literally makes you unkillable if you combine it with other sets and genbu.

I've seen it on boots mainly

Helms, boots, pants

>anything that doesn't make you a dps monster
>good
what are you doing, actually getting hit or something?

What level are most of you guys? Im 115 and i want to use spears, 2kat and 1kat. Is this possible? Have 50 body and im thinking of pumping more into skill (14) and heart (21). Should i just use the book and reset my stats instead?

>Is this possible
Yes, but you will be much weaker than if you just specced fully into the main stat of your favorite weapon.

>Should i just use the book and reset my stats instead?
Sure.

Im not sure what i prefer, 1kat or 2kat yet.
Is there a minimum of each stat i should be running? On ng+ and i still dont understand this levelling system as well as the souls games

Just focus on 2 weapons, preferably that share stat scaling, as far as stats go. If you really want to switch between a third get something with CtA(highest stat). It'll be useable but not as good as your main weapons.

"Much weaker" is an overstatement
Some user experimented here a couple weeks ego between 6 heart/60 skill and 60 skill/6 heart with 1kat and found the difference was like 25 attack rating (when he had 1400 anyway)

Personally I'm level 300 and I run 99 skill, 60 strength and 30 body/heart
This gives me about 1400-1500 attack rating with 1kat, 2kat, spear and kusarigama (all about +5)

Did he have a kat with CTA Heart and CTA Skill aswell?

I dont think so
I have CTA Skill on everything though

>175 hours
>level 300
>plat trophy
>1 +10 piece of armor
God damn that shit is expensive.

What's a good place to farm Rev's these days?

There seems to be a lot less graves in Inheritance lately. Probably people have been getting better and not dieing, and also less people playing ...

how much damage does change to attack give if the stat is 99?

I forgot to re-use sake before it ran out in my last DKR run and i got 50m less amrita for it lol.

Does reusing it not reset the multiplier?

Apparently not.

Anyone know if mystic artes such as the axes one where you do more damage in the yokai realm work with other weapons too?

Anybody have a kusa with CaT Body at like A- or A?

it does but it's base effect is really strong anyway

They don't. Other passive skills do but mystic arts only work with the weapon they come from.

I want to make a finisher build. Just stab people to death. Whats the best set and guardian for this?

Kingo meme and Aya-Komori. Get the backstab damage skill from the kusarigama tree and Sword of Execution and stack dmg from behind and killing strike damage on your sword.

How did we go from the most active general to the most dead in all of Veeky Forums?

>botw
>nier
>game got stale

singleplayer game
nier's general will be just as dead a month after release
horizon zd didn't even get a general

A- becomes A+

Wait for PvP and DLCs

Does anyone here have one I can farm off their rev though?

Lots of good games coming out at the same time and a lack of re-playability.

Isle of Demons NG+

Farm revenants with spears. There's a good chance you'll find an inheritable CTA body

How do you get a Divine Gold Nioh set?

Boons section in the shrine