Are there engines like LSx but V6?

I believe I saw on some (locost?) forums that there is V6 "variant" of LSx.

Is there?

Is it available with aluminium block?

next closest thing is probably the 2jz, but thats no a v

too heavy and it's much longer than V6's and most of V8's.

I thought that was exactly what the 3800 and 90° V6 was.

Closest thing I can think of is the 1mz-fe and 3mz-fe from Toyota. Aluminum blocks with DOHC. They get like 200-240 hp stock NA.

This IS a V6 variant of the 5th gen LT series V8's

RPO code: LV3
LV3 is a 4.3L 90* pushrod V6 based on the recent LT series V8's. Just like the LT engines, it features direct fuel injection and variable valve timing
Bore: 99.6 mm
Stroke: 92mm
Compression ratio: 11:1
Firing order: 1-6-5-4-3-2 (I think this is a retarded firing order for a V6. It's the same firing order as the 3800 V6)
The engine makes 285 HP/305 lb-ft on regular gas and 297 HP/330 lb-ft on E85.
It's only found in 2014+ base model Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 trucks

That said, I think I know a better V6 you can use that is still a GM pushrod V6.
Look into the GM 60* V6 and GM High Value V6 engine families. The High Value is just an updated 60*.
>60* V angle so perfectly balanced internally
>splayed valves for more efficient combustion (LS and LT V8's don't have this)
>iron blocks, but aluminum heads.
>High Value series gets optional VVT
>firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6, which is the same firing order as Nissan's VQ V6's and the same firing order used for the VR38DETT in the Nissan GTR supercar.

Pic related, a Chevy Malibu concept car from 2001 featuring a turbocharged 3500 variant.

>This IS a V6 variant of the 5th gen LT series V8's
*THERE IS

2GR-FE? Newest engine in the Camry and Avalon, also supercharged in the Lotus Exige and Evora V6
280bhp N/A

thanks for the hints

>2GR-FE?
how does it compare to vq35de/hr?

Isn't 2GR only 2.5? It'll probably make less power for 3X as long

2GR-FE is a 3.5l v6. you're thinking of the 2.5l i4, the 2AR-FXE

the 350z engine from 07-08 right?
i'm sure it's slightly better but the 2GR is quite detuned considering they put them in gas sipping economy cars. my mum has a newer avalon, that thing can accelerate hard and get 25 mpg while doing so.

The 3gr-fse from the is250 is a 2.5L v6 with 200ish HP/lbft

>Tfw this would have been a way better engine for the BRZ.

underageb&. Has nothing similar to the LSx series. We get that you're just in to cars and now know 2 different engines from watching youtube auto bloggers, but please just shush until you've driven a car

glorious ford cologne v6

>pushrods

>the 350z engine from 07-08 right?
There were three engine in 350z:
- vq35de (VVT on intake cam only)
- vq35de-r aka rev up (has VVT on both exhaust and intake cams, more power than vq35de but oil consumption is an issue)
- vq35hr (dual throttle bodies, dual intakes, the best one out of these 3).

all of these engines are widely available and you can use CD009 gearbox with these ones (there are two kinds of CD009 IIRC, the one that was used on VQ35DE the another one that was used on VQ35HR/VQ37VHR, the mount pattern is different yet gearbox internals are 99% the same).

Did 2GR-FE come with manual gearbox from the factory? Or is there a manual transmission that bolts right in?

pushrods engines are more compact than DOHC

yes that's an old technology but you can compensate with displacement and still get smaller engine. that's what I'm after.

>ford cologne v6
iron block :\

Comparing an anemic DOHC Toyota V6 to an LSx motor makes no sense at all.

Get a wankel

>underageb&
Doesn't have a secure trip, fuck doesn't even have a trip.
It's like you aren't even an old fag.

>thanks for the hints
Aside from those pushrod V6's, the closest with proper aftermarket support would be the Nissan VQ series V6's.

The GM High Feature V6 has a LOT of potential to beat the VQ, but it needs a lot more aftermarket support. Hopefully with the new LGX in the Camaro, it'll start to get that support.

I'm thinking going with VQ30DET (closed deck design comparing to VQ35DE/HR), stroking it to 3.2L or whater with VQ35DE crank and boosting the shit out of it would be fun and best bang for the buck. Also Cd009 bolts right in

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Strokers are pointless. Just get a VQ35, and drop a VQ30 crankshaft into it. You'll still get a 3.2L, but capable of revving higher because it's even more oversquare. Then turbo it.

what is a point of destroking a VQ w/o doing anything to the heads?

are there any builds like that? I've been to my350z.com and don't remember anything like that.

who said anything about not touching the heads? I just didn't mention them. Destrokers tickle my fancy.

People are more liable to stroke something because they think stroking = more power. And it doesn't. Stroking increases low end torque, not power. You can match the power of Chevy 383 stroker with a Chevy 350 using the same parts, but the 350 won't make as much torque. And stroking reduces how high you can actually rev.

piston speed and rod ratio...

The "old school" rule of thumb is not to exceed 140 feet per second.
realize that a Ford 302 would have to rev to 10,700 rpm to get to 140 ft/sec. A stroker 347 would see 140 ft/sec at 9450 RPM. So technically there is a difference. Realistically, is anyone really going to be revving a 302 or 347 that high? OK, sure someone out there might be, but most of won't.

Ls1 service weight: 497 lbs at 320 HP ~0.64 HP/lb
3mz-fe service weight: 351 lbs at 240 HP ~0.69 HP/lb

Unless you're talking about the lsx454r. I have no clue.