Hollow Knight General - /hkg/

Misc info: docs.google.com/document/d/1smOruEIYHbPxsPVocX3RR3E5jrzhpq7RrXhOAocfZDE

New patch beta: steamcommunity.com/app/367520/discussions/0/135511294066038166/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/HollowKnight/comments/5yapji/cant_get_last_pale_ore_spoiler/
youtube.com/watch?v=Lm4O79Zh8E0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Colosseum ate my pale ore, fuck.

What's the fewest kills needed to finish? I'm used to games of underground adventures with cute monsters having pacifist run options.

I wouldnt know the number but if you watch a speedrun of the game they typically only kill the required ones

where does the nailsmith goif you let him live?

He goes and lives a happy life with the painter dude that teaches you a nail art

hey

give me something simple to draw

he will go to the painting nailmaster

MC getting cucked

uninstall the game, install 1.0.0.6 then follow this CE guide, redo the trial then you should get the reward, worked for me
reddit.com/r/HollowKnight/comments/5yapji/cant_get_last_pale_ore_spoiler/

So, what would happen, if you were to die after entering the city of tears without reaching the first bench? Would you just get stuck outside? I mean the door doesn't open anymore, does it?

just got the mantis hook timE TO GO EVERYWHERE YESSS

I figure DLC will have a pacifist run. Just need to be able to jimmy open the metal doors.

that's not for the GoG version, is there a way to add a charm notch via cheat engine? I got 8 on my save, and only finished the first trial before the update fixed the coliseum, I stopped playing because I don't wanna start over nor finish the game lacking a charm notch. Cheat engine has too many values 8 and then 9 for me to identify which is the notch count

nope, it worked, have you tried it???

the script wasn't executing, says

[string "[ENABLE]..."]:1: unexpected symbol near '['

I just copied it and pasted on the "Show Lua Table Script", that's was what I was supposed to do, right?

>Use annotated map to mop up mask shards
>Go over map, still missing two
>visit every location of shards again, still nothing.
>bretta saved
>grey mourner complete
>Go to every soul vessel fragment location just to be sure
>still nothing

Is this bugged? I'm pretty mad, its gonna ruin my 100%

ummm it's Ctrl + Alt + A, guess you're unfamilliar with CE, remeber to choose Hollow Knight in the process list

Thanks user, now it worked fine. I was selecting hollow knight but I thought script was the "lua script" thing since that was the only script I could find in the UI

in my case, i missed the one in the hive and one in the colloseum due to bug

i died to some fat bug in the middle of nowhere with no map after an hour for the 5th time why is the mapping tool such a tease

colloseum doesnt have a mask shard as a reward.

So is there a point to beating the Mantis Lords if you can just get in the Deepnest another way?

Also the banking lady is gone, where she off to?

What a fucking whore

cuck'd

doubt it, haven't heard anyone complain about missing shards.

The maps posted online aren't complete.

Cornifer kissing his wife on the cheek.

should I kill the nailsmith? what happens if you do and what happens if you don't?

If you do, you get an achievement.
If you don't, he wanders around Hallownest for a while before finding a new calling at the far left side of Greenpath.
Talking to him there gets you another achievement.
A really gay achievement.

1.0.0.7 has been pushed to live again.

I'd pay 1000 geo for a tool that let me write notes on the map

Draw the Dashmaster.

Help

ded bug

Accessible from inside the Hive, from the wall directly left of it, Crystal Dash left and jump up.
The one in the Waterways is similar, dash, then jump up and watch the puffer thing.

Not sure where to go to get more essence. I'm sitting at 1500 even, and I have a few more whispering roots, but no more dream bosses, I don't think. I don't think the last two and a half whispering roots will cover the remaining 300 I need for the upgrade.

Do I need to fight the dream version of the failed champion? If so, how?

>Dream version of the Failed Champion
The Failed Champion is the Dream version. False Knight is who you fought in the real world.
And yes.

Thanks man

didnt know you can dream nail him

can i dream nail nosk?

Please tell me the locations on these two and I will search them myself.

Did anybody figure out what's the deal with the broken vessel?
If he was the previous vessel, then why the fuck is he out in the open, if he is something else, then what the point of HK?

Also I accidentally nailed him after dream fight instead of listening, does he say anything?

>finally trying defender's crest + glowing womb
holy shit, are there other combinations like this? do the spell damage and cost mods interact with either of them? how about thorns?

Top - forgotten crossroads, bottom - deepnest

I love this game but the FPS drops in boss fights make it impossible

Glowing Womb, it's behind a breakable wall in the room right before False Knight.
Shadow Dash, it's behind a Shadow Wall at the very bottom right of Deepnest.

Did anyone find that secret room in White Palace?
Is that just lore?

Yes.
>That thread on /v/ where the OP threw a massive shitfit over missing two lines of text

Cool, what about Weaver's Den? I found some secret room with an altar but there is nothing there.

No fucking idea. Pretty sure it's just a tapestry in reverence of the Vessel.

It is not really an altar, it is a glowing spider symbol with some moon shaped figures on it. Probably just lore.

you checked the room in the forgotten crossroads below the hot springs?
that was the last one for me

how do i get cuckknight killed

Don't save his ass.

You could use pen and paper. Like I did.

No. He just nods at you and gets absorbed into the dream nail.

I want her to hug me

>ground pound costs SOUL

god why, dash and climbing doesn't cost soul, exploring with a finite resource will be shit, I won't be able to spam it to search for hidden places

You know when the ground is breakable though. It shakes a little when you step on it.

You won't run out exploring unless you're a retard.

In addition, there's usually a Soul Statue near ground pound areas because the Devs knew it'd be a bitch for some players to have to go back, kill some shit, and then come back to pound.

Is she supposed to be the Queen?

Nope. White Lady is just one of the King's confidants.
The Queen is Herrah.

I just used the elegant key and fought another one of those psychic swordsman.

I found a device that says there's apparently someone in it? Should i check on it? I haven't yet fully explored the soul sanctum or the area of the city of tears i'm in yet though.

I wish they added more things to purchase in lategame. Just walking around with ten thousand and more geo is boring.

Who is Herrah?
I know Isma.

Do it.

Do I get a bigger jump at some point? Just in Crystal Peak I found 3 areas I couldn't access in any way due to my jump being too low

Herrah is the 6-eyed Dreamer.

You will get a double jump at some point.

But, just so you know. You can bounce off backgrounds if you downward slash them. You can reach the spots in the mines by doing that, aside from 1.

Where?

Queen's Garden after killing the Boss.

>tfw watching this and realizing just how shit i am

youtube.com/watch?v=Lm4O79Zh8E0

Watched something similar just an hour ago, plus a speedrun of soul steel mode and I think I need to start using the fucking keyboard to play

Anyone else get a lot of anxiety from exploring the Deepnest, especially the first part? I'm not particularly insectophobic or claustrophobic either, I don't know how a person who is would handle it.

Also just got to the 6 eyed dreamer without even realizing it. Should I fight it? It would be the first one I fight.

Yeah. As long as you don't care about lore, cause there is one tiny bit you'll miss out on if you do Herrah now.

What would I miss? Is there a certain order to do them in?

>uses nail upgrades and charms
What a fucking casual

do what he said. You can do it to reach the part 2 of the laser boss too.

Guys, where secret wall in Weaver's Pit?
I feel freaky.

No, no. If you get the Shade Cloak before finishing Herrah, Hornet shows up after you finish her.

Oh hey thanks, I'm gonna try this out then.

Where is Weaver's Pit?

how do you get over shadow walls?

The Shade Cloak let's you pass through.

What does the Defender's Crest do other than make me smell like poop?

it hurts enemies.

gives different dialogue with some NPCs
damages enemies when you're near them

Top left, opposite of the 2 weaver's masks. its in a unclimbable wall, so double jump+dash and swing your nail until you break it.

I tried that, but the boss is too hard, and it takes many tries to go back. I will try again once I'm properly expected to go there

Deepnest, mid sector, top left.
Thank you. I think this is important for lore (or just mindfuck?)
One dead weaver think in her dream about princess. Another one - about Queen. It's so strange.

There is another breakable wall in that hidden room, top left again.

Does 1.0.1.1 fix the colosseum thing?
I quit playing over that shit last week

How save little grubs from father-grub-canibal?
It's wrong, guys. It's ultimate wrong.
It's terrible scene in metroidvanian history.
All my famili (and cat) in tears of sadness.

no it doesn't.

And there isn't any kind of speedrun route for 100% yet right? I couldn't find anything.

I just don't want to spend 30 hours getting back to where I was for the 3rd time

There is a way to fix the colosseum thing with a script. I did it and it worked.

Do you have it by any chance? I'll suck your dick

what am i about to get into i'm stuck here with no idea how to get out and i have a fuckton of geo and i think there's a boss fight ahead

Where the hell can I find Durandoo? Last one in my journal.

there are but none of them are really that refined. Any% are what people are speedrunning right now and they exploit a few glitches.

There's a cheat engine script that resets the colosseum but I don't know what it is. I could probably make one but I dont have a file that's at colosseum and doesn't have it started. Would need one to find the addresses.