ITT we describe people we know who buy new cars...

ITT we describe people we know who buy new cars. How is it that these car companies sell so many new cars when the used market is so much better value?

Bonus points if they aren't auto enthusiasts who are buying their dream porsche or someting.

The guy I know bought his Yaris new 'because it would be more reliable'. He financed his car loan and still hasn't paid it off. He owes more than the piece of shit is worth. His mom told him to do it because it would be the smart choice. I told him to just go full cuck and buy a used smart car because they are so hated in the USA the used ones are cheap and barely used.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HO21RcSx8Eo
charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/6103287191.html
portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/6102682093.html
youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i bought a new car because i wanted one

My dad.

He owns a company car, which they supply to him with a brand new Ford every single year, 100% payed gas, maintenance, insurance, etc.

He married a bitch latina and they just had twins. So he needed a second car. I told him to spend $4000 and get a mint crown vic, and use the rest of the money to spend on maintenance, gas and insurance. But she didnt like that idea.

He went out and bought a fucking brand new Jeep Liberty or Patriot or whatever for $20 000 which sat in his driveway literally all winter because he couldnt afford the insurance on it due to a DUI he got 5 years ago.

So, he COULD HAVE been driving the option I suggested but he just NEEDED a new car.

What a fucking stupid move. My parents never listen to my advice and it always slaps them right in the face.

>jealous poorfags: the thread

They're not too far off. Got this from a Mom and pop dealer.
>2015 Premium package GT
>8400 MILES
>1 OWNER
>5 SPEED MANUAL
>28K
Car is pretty much brand new.

There's gotta be catch, no way for only $28k. Congrats, the dealer lost big time.

Brother
Takes home $30,000
He asks for advice and I tell him to not buy a new car.
Buys a $30,000 CPO car...
5 year loan term. LOL!

I don't really see how...also wtf 5speed

How poor do you have to be to take sitting in a petri dish of another man's feces over handing over a bit more cash?

>Buying a used crown vic, ever
There is a reason they need to replace his ford every year.

this whole maymay kills me,

protip you are literally surrounded by shit particles literally all the time

>mother wants help with buying car
>"i can spend about 12k dollars"
>tells me what she is looking for
>look through ads
>used cars
>finally find a 09 Toyota sedan
>fit all her requirements
>i go off and speak with the dealer
>can get it doen about 500 dollars
>go back to mom
>tell her all worked well
>"oh, user, i bought a car already"
>wtf.jpg
>spent more than twice as much on a new XC60 "because i wanted a red car"

I mean, i actually like the thing, but for fucks sake

Not the user you replied to, but wtf is wrong with a crown victoria?

Theyre pretty solid cars imo

People who aren't poor

You need to build up credit score if you want to buy a house, so a relatively small loan of up to 40k helps out to prove to the bank you can pay off debts

So whats something thats under 40k? a nice new car and since most new car owners arent auto enthusiasts they end up buying shit that was advertised at them just right

So here i am in my moms basement and my 30 year old landbarge because im smart with my money just like the rest of you guys on Veeky Forums

>relatively small loan of up to 40k
>up to 40k
>40fuckingk
NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT

40k isn't much, especially considering since its the average price of a new car that isn't about total economy. Besides, a home loan is going to cost in excess of 100,000+ so its a good start

Or you could not tie yourself to 40 thousand doll hairs for the next 7 years so you can actually move out before your 34

Nope. Ran the vehicle report and everything checks out. It was originally at 30k but I somehow managed to bring it down.

My gf's 08 Vue got totaled (3rd car in a 4-car rear-end pileup), for which she got $6700 from insurance

We looked at a lot of shit, always used, but actually ended up settling on a '17 chevy cruze hatch. They're typically ~$22k new, but a big pile of discounts knocked it down to around $16k. Which isn't much more than the '15 and '16 ones we'd been looking at. The nice-to-have features of the '17 (and the fact that earlier models don't come in a hatch) were enough to make it worth that little gap.

So $10k of it was financed. Her monthly payment is ~$175.

$175 for a piece of turd econobox. Lol!!

Basically there is a segment of the population that places a false trust in dealerships and new cars. They don't feel comfortable buying used cars because they simply don't understand how cars work. It's that simple. These are the type of people that don't even understand something as basic as hydraulic brakes. It's pathetic.

what *exactly* makes it a piece of turd?

>bitch latina

But is she hot?

I've never bought a new car before, but I've been considering it lately. Used inventory is low for what I'm looking at, and there are still 2015 models sitting on dealer lots, so I imagine I could get a decent deal.

>40fuckingk
Depends on your perspective. That's huge to some people, and small to others.

Also this though. An auto loan is good for your credit history, but don't finance a new car for that reason alone.

This. I'm a Mopar fan who hates Ford with a passion, but even I can admit that the Crown Vic would have been a great choice.

FORD=Fix it again Tony

>How is it that these car companies sell so many new cars when the used market is so much better value?
Because some people are willing to pay a premium for a car that's guaranteed to not have any defects or issues, warrantied, potentially with service plan, etc., not to mention being modern

Try using your brain before posting something so goddamn retarded

>guaranteed to not have any defects or issues
>what are recalls
top lel

>a relatively small loan of up to 40k

I bought a new car. Well new motorcycle.

Needed a motorcycle asap as my other one was FUBAR.
Didn't have cash saved up for new motorcycle or time to shop for best value.
Bought a one year old bike for $8k out the door price.
In and out of dealership with new bike in 1 hour.
Got a 1 year loan for 0% interest.
Everything went better than expected. Granted they were selling for 6k used so I paid a premium for convenience.

I'm gonna buy a new car next weekend and I'm doing it just for the credit. I could buy it straight out no prob but I guess that's not how credit works

Nice find. If you aren't brand loyal there is almost always a car like this on the market. My dad would trade BMW AUDI and Infiniti every two years because somebody would always buy a new M3 and decide he didnt like it before 10k miles.

wow shes perfect except for that eye

Yeah, you're so wealthy buying your new mustang or mazda5 brand new.

whats wrong with her eye?

yeah i think you guys are missing the point. Why pay the extra 30% just for a new car.

Americans, are you able to explain something to me?

How is it that you're all able to get outrageously low interest rates on car financing, like

>Veeky Forums thinks $40k is a lot
You keep claiming to not be poor and then trash like this escapes your lips daily. You people are going to shit yourselves when it finally comes time to buy a house and you realize you have no way to secure a $400,000 home loan.

But yeah. Your three cars totalling $9,000 and checking balance of $11,000 totally mean you're wealthy.

I believe it's a combination of laws regarding lending in ausland and that the per capita GDP of USA is 15x auslands so Americans plainly have more money.

We have the second highest Jewish population int he world and thus there are a lot of Jews competing with eachother driving rates down.

>car that's guaranteed to not have any defects or issues
kek. this is how dumb the average new car buyer is OP.

>relatively small loan of up to 40k helps out to prove to the bank you can pay off debts
>get into debt now so I can get unto debt later
top plan goys...I mean guys.

>400k house
luckily I don't want to live in an ivory tower in Nigville USA
I'll take my fucking cabin and 20 acres for under 100k in Montana all day.
>inb4 kek poorfag there's no jobs
and my expenses are 1/10th of what yours are "richfag" and unlike people living in a cage to keep niggers out a natl. park is my backyard.

I bought my FiST brand new, only a few months after it launched in the US. I'd wanted a car like it for years, and there was nothing else comparable on the new or used market.

I got an excellent deal on it, too - I've seen a few used ones on dealer lots with asking prices higher than I paid for mine new - and I got an insane trade-in deal (9,500 for a car with a ~5,500 KBB value) and really good financing (1.9), too.

I also didn't want to wait for a used one because at that point the car had been selling REALLY badly in the US - hence the deal I got on mine - and I was seriously afraid they'd cancel the model and it'd become a "future collectible" that nobody wanted to let go of. We know now that sales took off and it's done decently well, but I don't regret buying mine when I did.

>car that's guaranteed to not have any defects or issues

This is the top idiotic misconception that leads people to financing new shitboxes. New cars have problems, even Toyotas. They are build by human hands, humans make mistakes, they are worked out after the car is driven for a bit and can be discovered and fixed under warranty. A year old car with 10-15k miles will always be more reliable than a brand new car.

If you want to build up a good credit score then just get a credit card and use it as a debit card. Ez credit

what *exactly* makes it a piece of turd

>Looks at front end
>Bowtie logo
>"Not a turd"

>why do people new car
Because leasing
Corporate cars
Fleet vehicles
Low interest rates on new cars
Exist.

I still buy used with cash though, I'm cheap. I'll take out a loan on property, but a car? LOL.

why do you have to be so racist mate. some of us enjoy the comfy outdoors with little to no people in sight regardless of race.

>live in a 100k cabin innamiddla nowhere
>get old
>can no longer live far away from health care
>too weak to keep up with maintenance
>sell cabin to the next prepped yard
>have enough money to last a year or two
>go broke
>now am old poor, the worst poor of all

Or

>live in desirable area
>close to everything
>house appreciates in value because location x3
>stay in house until the day they roll me over to the nursing home
>sell house
>have enough money to take care of myself and my bills
>have money left over to pass on to ungrateful brats

>Americans plainly have more money
This is bait

>We have the second highest Jewish population int he world and thus there are a lot of Jews competing with eachother driving rates down.
Strangely enough, this makes more sense.

It's a bit frustrating actually, wouldn't mind buying a new car but the interest rates here mean that pretty much 2/5th of the overall sum paid goes to the bank in interest over five years or so.

>prepped yard
*prepper tard

Thats what I did. I dont get why people want to pay for their credit scores via interest when all you have to do is swipe a credit card and pay it with the money you already have the instant you use it.

i want to buy a new car because im in ontario and the cars that go on the used market are the ones that owners never bothered to rustproof

>He owns a company car,
>they supply to him with a brand new Ford every single year
>He went out and bought a fucking brand new Jeep Liberty

He wanted that particular car. Not a used Crown Vic (which his company would have provided new anyway).

>Jews
>competing with each other

Choose one.

Agreed

Anybody buying a used car out of warranty has to be absolutely insane unless they have money to burn. Have fun driving your outdated shitbox while getting it fixed every few days and end up paying the same amount in maintenance as payments on a new car.

I lease every 36 months for the peace of mind. Car is always under warranty and I always have something new.

But it also depends on the vehicle and person I guess. My current DD will be 3 years old this year and I'll be trading it in once the warranty expires. On the other hand, my SO's car is a 2011 going on 6 years old and it's still a keeper.

Im calling bs

My parents live in South Korea.
Father bought his 05 C230 when new from his company lease. He still keeps and drives it at home after 12 years.

Mother wanted a new car, yet she only gets quoted something like KRW 8mil (equivalent to US$ 7200) trade in for her 03 Volvo S60 2.4. Father decides to use her S60 at his work, which is 500 kilometres away from home in the town where my grandmother lives in.

Fast forward to Dec 2014
Mother wants a new car
Can lease from my dad's work
Go to Audi dealer
2014 models are available for a discount
She wants an A6 2.0
I tell her that she will dislike the 2.0 with 8 speed slushbox and hints her to get a 3.0 TDI with the 7 speed dual clutch instead
>But... It's a Diesel
I say
>Mum you can test drive it and feel that it is not your stereotypical Diesel
Dealer is a based bro and a car guy
I talk with the dealer for a good two hours
>I drive a Subaru and how I love it, how great the AWD is on snow... etc. (Lol I used to drive Forester)
Dealer asks how much did I buy my car
>$9000
Dealer says:
>Oh I can guarantee that you will get a discount for more than KRW 10mil (US$ 9100)
Deal

I move from the US to the UK, sold my car to a guy I know cos his 01 Jetta made by Gonzalez is breaking down after 400k miles
I buy a 08 A3 2.0 TDI with a 6 speed manual for £2700 (US$ 3500) just cause I liked my mum's Diesel Audi

>buy used car that still has gms factory warranty for powertrain until end of year
>41k miles
>only 4 years old
>paid 6800$

but yea tell me its a much better deal to pay for a 2017 optioned the same as mine for 17k

Wut?
Fucken foreigners man

>I lease every 36 months
>lease

Legitimate question. How do you justify leasing? I bought a new taco and my payments are 250. But i can lease a hemi challenget for about the same, if not a little less. My only problem with it is that at the end of the day, you never have anything to show for it cause you just have to return the car.

I guess its owning something vs cheaper payments/constant warranty

With the potential risk of having to face the cost of replacing a cvt transmission, hybrid battery replacement or other expensive repairs of new cars today, It's a good idea to always buy new and only keep while under warranty.

If you have good credit in the states you can get 0% financing though the manufacturer like VW Credit, GM Financial, etc.

>your car ends up being sold because it was a rental
youtube.com/watch?v=HO21RcSx8Eo

>wot

if you mean it was a rental you are mistaken as fuck

rentals dont come with manual trans. and are almost always base model spec

lmao. you remind me of my dad
>hurr I'm over 65 now so I have to live within pissing distance of a hospital since I'm scared shitless of dying
>hurr I'm poor and have no healthcare but the doctors will definitely save my old ass
>everyone not living inside the dome are literally eating corpses to survive and have no wealth or family
>my dome house will be worth a gorjillion doller despite massive amounts of oldfags dying and millennials being complete uninterested in home ownership
kys

by the way people who have to rely on strangers for healthcare (retirement home) come to that conclusion because they've treated everyone in their family like dogshit and they know not one person will lift a fucking finger for them. meanwhile gramps gets to live in my house while he enjoys the remainder of his life because he wasn't a shitter to everyone around him. he's not poor either despite working in WV coal mines either. that's a generation before they pissed money away on games and phones though.

enjoy being "taken care of" by niggers and spics

>Have fun driving your outdated shitbox while getting it fixed every few days and end up paying the same amount in maintenance as payments on a new car.
the most you would do with getting a shitbox at 50k miles is *maybe* the brakes then usually you don't have to worry about anything for 100k more miles besides fluid changes. What kinda cars are you looking into that shit breaks a lot?

you poor dipshits obviously don't understand how guarantees work

if a new car has a problem, it gets fixed for free and you get a rental in the meantime. if your used shitbox has a problem, you're shit outta luck

>buy new car for $50,000k

>buy 1 year old used car for $38k

Both are covered by warranty.

ok.

>buy new BMW 335i for $43,000

>Buy 9 year old BMW 335i for $10k.
>oh shit it needs $1,000 a year in maintenance
>spend $1,000 a year in maintenace for 33 years
>Spend more than if i bought new 33 years later

I'm not seeing your point man.

leasing a wrx because i can...and i wanted atleast one of my cars in the shitbox fleet to have a warrenty and be a reliable dd for all seasons.
>tfw its 9 months in and i kinda hate it/want to mod besides nameless muff delete and cobb broport
the stereo sucks dick so im driving the 335i or my bike most days
>tfw got a brand new car for a winter beater

>because it would be more reliable

There you have it. Have you ever talked to a non-car person about used cars? They're convinced everything more than 5 years old is too old, and anything more than 15 years old is about to die.

>Montana

Fucking ignored lmao. You live in a state that 98% of Americans would never want to, never mind those who already do. And I don't even have anything against Montana.

>335i being 10k

Not him but Lmao dude

SAFETY

why has noone mentioned this? too young to care or have expereicned crashes that teach you your life matters?

Newer cars have much better safety/crash features than 20 year-old shitbox Miatas, so I won't die and can go on living my life to enjoy more cars and women and sour gummy worms

Normies like their warranties and whatever else the stealership can offer them. The real moron is someone who finances a car, whilst the biggest cuck is a leaser.

I can smell the poorfag coming off you.

>implying i want to live
kys faggot

>why has noone mentioned this
Because we're looking at A to B commuters 2017 vs. 2015 or something along the lines of. There's nothing particularly groundbreaking in terms of nanny features and hand-holding over the span of two years.

Checkmate atheists
charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/6103287191.html
portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/6102682093.html

bropai i got mine for 7,000
>lrn 2 haggle

Dude, the only reason older cars score worse in modern EuroNCAP is because they added the active safety to the rating. In the event of a crash you can't be much better than in a W140.

>shut it down

>cagefag
>cuck
pick two

> a R6 will rip the head off a 335i and shit down its neck

>since i own a bike i cant own a car
o-o-ok m8

9/10 new cats in my country are paid via PCP or HP. This is for two reasons; One, buying a car is like buying a phone, people enjoy being able to swap for a new car every 2-3 years, and on the face of it is cheap. And two it allows people to purchase a car waaaaayyyyy beyond their means. You see so many Audi A7s or BMW X6s parked outside of households its unreal - In fact the big debate starting to brew is that so many cars are being bought by people that are actually worth more than their salary that it may cause an economic crash.

Just using your logic, tripfag. Too bad it went over your head >tripfag
>moron
pick two

>anonpleb
>autistic
pick 2
>so since i own a bike i cant own a car

>there are people who bought these things BRANDNEW!!!
>there are people out there who actually had 20k to spend on a car, who walked into a nissan dealership one day, and decided that they wanted to spend their money on one of these...

>used car is better value

No, it's not.

One could even argue that used cars are a worse value because:

- The subprime auto bubble has inflated used car prices

- Better interest rates and incentives available for new vehicles.

A good is worth what the market will bear. The vehicle market is fairly efficient, you get what you pay for.

So basically you fail at economics and don't know shit.

>user
>pleb
pick one

older cars are usually just giant chunks of crunchy metal. New cars are all light weight and thin.

I dont think you'd be worse off in the big boy.

>i don't know materials science 101: the post
Modern cars use high strength steel and their structures are designed with rigid zones and crumple zones.
youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g

>x frame
The result would have been different with a based Chrysler Imperial

I would only buy a new car if it was a custom order. I own a '94 supra twin turbo and will be ordering the new supra when it comes out in 2018. I am doing this because I want the car to be exactly how I want it.

Unless this is the case, leasing is a much better alternative. Depreciation is a bitch. Since I will probably never get rid of my car, depreciation isn't a factor.

Why not get a fully loaded used one with low mileage?

Toyota does not take customer order like they did long time ago.