Veeky Forums story time

I know at least some of you fags have crashed a car. Was it fun? Was it your fault? Was it spooky? Do you missed your totaled car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GwMEqZBPdWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never crashed a car and never will

kys

I reared somebody on the highway. Traffic started slowing down so I slowed down with it, not expecting everybody to break hard to a full stop. The guy in front of me also reared the guy in front of him. I got the blame for that, which was bullshit. Supposedly my small 3 doors pushed his SUV so hard that his front had (way) more damage than mine.

Anyway I fucked up. Fixed the car and was a hipster with a rusty front before it was cool (it never was) but atleast my rust wasn't pretentious rust. I just never bothered to paint the new aftermarket platework. Radiator was fucked but the engine was fine. Drove her around for 4 or 5 more years till the engine started having problems and I wanted something new anyway. From what I know she ended on a graveyard after I sold her. ;_;

Is that fucking aqours

Looks like it. It's funny to see best girl next to worst girl.

I was offroading my shitbox Honda on an unfamiliar trail with a friend.
At this point in my life I didn't know I needed glasses yet, so I completely didn't see the ditch dug into the middle of the road.
We hit it straight on, lost control, and rolled the car. Together we put it back on it's wheels and then filled the ditch with rocks that were nearby to drive back the way we came.
Frame, radiator, and core support was totally fucked up, but the car drove home and then to the junkyard after under it's own power.

>Never crashed a car and never will

Clearly someone not even old enough to drive

It was confusing and upsetting, but not scary since there was no traffic danger.

I should have pushed to get it totaled since it was pretty close, but it was my first time navigating the situation and I didn't know it would wind up taking more time and money to deal with it in the long run than just finding a new ride.

But at least it inspired me to learn chassis dynamics and how to be a better driver.

Two years ago I was driving my dads chevy cobalt home from the grocery store and I got rear ended while stopped at an intersection by a tundra doing at least 50 and the impact sent me into the opposite lane and I got t boned by some SUV

Wound up doing a complete 180. Needless to say the cobalt was totaled. I got lucky as fuck because the driver door was the only door that could open after the wreck and I had no passengers.

Not crashed but I ruined this guy's 2017 frontier's bumper just last Friday. No damage to my forklift tho.

>drug free school zone
lol

I remember one time somebody got dead in high school from drunk driving, so they put the wreck out in front of the school so everybody could look at the car gore every morning on the way in. That was pretty sensible.

Only had close calls so far, only with big animals while going 80-90

Crashed my first car, NA Miat, trying to be Takumi in 2003. Totalled the fucker, airbag punched me in the face and gave me a bloody nose, parents were understandably irate.

Crashed my third car, S14 240SX being an idiot hooning on the freeway in 2005. Smashed the thing to bits, fucked up my leg and still have a bum knee from it. I'd love to try again with that car, I had a lot of mods but not the knowledge to set them up properly or the skills to drive it.

I managed to avoid trouble for 10 years after that, despite tons of track and canyons...

...and then in early '15 I fucked up in my Fiesta ST, went into a corner just a little hot, and clipped a guard rail. I ended up having to replace my whole front right suspension and fender, and still haven't gotten around to getting the paint fixed, so I've got a couple of scrapes and a flat black fender, and there's an occasional clunk that nobody seems to be able to figure out and which scares the shit out of me.

I'm still fucking pissed at myself for that one, just a dumbass rookie mistake on a road I know like the back of my hand and should never have fucked up on. Every time I see my unpainted fender or feel that clunk in my steering it makes me want to bash my head against a fucking wall.

>got dead
how high are u nigga

The USMC did this on bases in Okinawa when I was there in the early 2000's. There was a crash displayed near the main gates on the five main bases I remember going to.

I got PIT maneuvered by a winnibago drifting into my lane one time and then essentially t-boned before sliding off into the opposite lanes of traffic.

I wasn't freaking out, I just remember being cool with it like "okay this is happening right now" and just watching it happen. Like as I was being pushed by the rv I was just looked out the driver side window as i was being push along for the few seconds

That's kind of how my last crash was, too. I was trying to save the car until it was obvious that I couldn't, and then after that it was just "well shit, there goes my car, how am I going to deal with this bullshit?"

Never got into any serious accidents with my own cars, only people rear ending me with little damage.

When I was a teenager, my friend's crazy vietnam vet uncle had this trailblazer he stopped paying on for like 8 months and it somehow had not been repossessed. he basically told us to go fuck it up. So being dumb teenagers we took it out to the boonies and began fucking it up.

Went like 60mph down a bunch of trails, hit it with baseball bats, and bunch of other stupid shit. My friend decided to try driving it up man made hill for dirt bikes and shit. The hill caved on one side and the trailblazer fell sideways off the hill into a tree that was next it. It was basically stuck to the tree and I couldn't pull it out with my suburban because there was sand everywhere. Had a friend with a bigger 4wd truck come pull it out and tow it home.

Somehow didn't get it any trouble, no idea what happened to that trailblazer

My sister totaled my Wrangler TJ. She wanted to go to the beach with her friends. I don't know what the hell happened for the TJ to get totaled and she's never allowed to borrow another one of my cars.

Don't let girls take your shit out unsupervised until you think they're capable of taking care of it.

lmao I basically disowned my sister for using my shitbox 94 accord to take her friends to the beach. Got sand all over the interior and cigarette wrappers and trash. Had already been mad at her for other shit as well but it pushed me over the edge. Can't imagine what I would have done if she wrecked it.

My sister left fucking dirty footprints on my babby's first not-shit interior.

wtf reee.

kek yea fucking marines are so fucking stupid there

t. kadena

was like bags of sand

???
Rusty cars are fucking cool?

Since when? Not counting "vintage" cars that cost too much to fix anyway, what

>driving on a road divided by a two solid yellow lines with one lane going in each direction
>car is illegally parked ahead of me
>I don't realize the car has no driver in it so I stop and lay on the horn
>cars queue up behind me
>they start passing me
>check shoulder, signal, move to pass
>as I'm already moving, a BMW SUV flies by me, clipping my bumper
>gets out of his car and yells at me
>his door just has a little scratch while I end up paying almost $1000 to get my ruined bumper and a headlight replaced

Then a month later this happened:

>driving on the highway
>approach a traffic jam
>traffic in my lane suddenly comes to a stop
>guy ahead of me brakes hard to a stop
>I brake to a stop
>the guy behind me driving two inches from my bumper doesn't stop in time

Luckily the second incident only left my car with a scratch on the rear bumper and everything else seemingly functional, though some of the electronic stuff was not functioning properly for a short while after it happened, which I am unsure is related or not.

>driving down same road i take back home every day from class
>just stopped raining roads are still wet
>brake before a corner as usual
>in less the second all of the following all ran through my head
why aren't I stopping
why am I sliding I'm doing like 25 mph
why won't anything happen as I countersteer
oh yeah, I never changed out of my slicks from the last track day
>I was listening to youtu.be/GwMEqZBPdWA at the time
>the last thing I think before hitting the guardrail is "miku take the wheel"
It actually wasn't bad, I've had worse impacts in karts. was a bitch bending the fender back and getting the alignment back to normal though

>>I was listening to youtu.be/GwMEqZBPdWA at the time

you deserved it

forgot to mention that the mirror came off in the impact and i took a miku to the face as well

Porsche used some bad glue in the 70's and 80's, 2 of the 3 Porsches I bought had no mirror and the third one fell when I hit a pothole.

i bought it without a mirror and bought a walmart one and used loctite to put it on kek

I crashed my 1975 hj45 landcruiser.
It was on some bumpy trails and I was too weak to handle the manual steering so I lost control and smashed into a big boulder. I was quite impressed cause the rock broke in half and the car wasn't too damaged, just a cracked windscreen and a dented bull bar.

I've fallen off my motorcycle because I was being silly, but I was going pretty slow by the time I came off so it wasn't really bad at all.

Who was at fault depends on whether you look at my dash cam footage or listen to the guy who happened to see it from the sidewalk and give his statement to the cops.

No it wasn't fun, it was really surreal. I very clearly remember thinking, "there is no way to avoid this" and time sorta slowed down as I realized the other guy wasn't yielding. I remember hearing a sickening crunch and everything went black for a few seconds. When I came to there was a weird haze in the car from the airbag going off, and I kinda sat there for 30 seconds or so making sure I was still alive and functional.

Based on the dash cam footage, what happened was I went through an intersection right after the light turned red, but right before the people going the other way had a protected left turn.

I'd say it was mostly my fault, but the dude on the sidewalk said otherwise and I kept my mouth shut and deleted all trace of the video as soon as I figured out what was on it.

Honestly, I feel kinda bad about it now, this was years ago and both I and the other driver were both college kids, and his insurance paid everything and I walked away with no accidents on my record.

Crashed my old 06 Civic SI twice, one was my fault, the other not.

Dude in Elantra goes through intersection without stopping at stop sign, I hit brakes but he still gets t-boned.

Second time it's raining, I've got winter tires on, and I slide into the back of a late 90s vintage CR-V after it stopped hard. The spare tire totally wrecks my shit and the only damage worth noting on said CR-V was abrasion on said tire.

Insurance cleaned it up, sold my Civic SI to a coworker.

Baka, half the time we got in trouble it was for shit you niggers did.