Mazda MX6

Hey faggots, i'm from Serbia and Japanese cars are very rare here, but i happen to stumble upon this MX-6 Mazda with 2.0L I4 engine. I like how she looks and i like the part that she is JDM.
I would use this car for "Slav Touge" racing.

I don't know shit about JDM cars, so any info is good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E4I-zDE_PRI
youtube.com/watch?v=imAVLB-WHow
polovniautomobili.com/putnicka-vozila/8749917/mitsubishi-eclipse-gs
polovniautomobili.com/putnicka-vozila/9855613/nissan-200-sx
polovniautomobili.com/putnicka-vozila/9857568/toyota-celica-gt
polovniautomobili.com/putnicka-vozila/8858736/toyota-celica-ts-citaj-opis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's pretty much to the 626 what the Prelude is to the Accord.

Get the V6 though, that thing sounds godly.

Well it's FWD, so drifting is right out.

It also has 2 sister cars. The Mazda 626, and the Ford Probe. You've probably seen one or the other at some point.

The 2.0L is ok from what I can find, but the model to go for is the 2.5L V6. Just listen to this thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=E4I-zDE_PRI
youtube.com/watch?v=imAVLB-WHow

The problem with 2.5 V6 is that its ultra rare, and the rego for that thing is way past my wage.

So basically this car is Ford Probe/M626

What about the very ugly but very fast Honda Prelude MK5 ?

>What about the very ugly but very fast Honda Prelude MK5 ?
It's basically a Honda Accord. It was pretty redundant since there was already an Accord Coupe.
Same thing with the Integra, except replace Accord with Civic, since the Integra was just a reskinned Civic.

>implying
Bitch this thing was sexy as hell

did you rly took a picture with a phone of your screen ?

Jesus fuck...

But ye it was an ugly car. MK4 was the sexy one.

Apparently the 2.0 DOHC (FE3) is one of the most overbuilt 4 cylinders of the time, only held back by the fact that it came in transverse setups only.

Except in the first generation Kia Sportage, which used a detuned version built under license, in a traditional FR layout. Perfect donor cars for swapping the engine into a Miata.

My bad, that gen MX-6 uses the FS-DE, which came in turbo form in the US-market 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege. That version made 170hp, same as a stock KL-DE V6.

Wait. What is Serbian Slav Touge racing?

>dem tail lights
Absolutely. Disgusting.

Same as any other Hillclimb racing only the road surface is so bad and full of potholes...

So is a MX6 a meme car with 2.0 Engine or it can hold up for touge driving with correct setup

Is there anything about "Slav Touge" racing that makes it Slav other than that it happens in Slavland?

You have to be drunk when racing.
How can you possibly have a taste this shit? Also the Prelude is very fast? Haha yeah, sure

should i buy an auto v6 mx6 for first car

Everyone crashes and dies then posts the dashcams to Facebook

If you want to modify, no. Get the manual.
If you plan to keep it stock, why not.

FUCK YOI
I cant fucking drive manual
i never fucking will

im a retard
i want to be slavrace in it, and manual mx6 literally no exist
anything manual is 100% gutless here

The automatic can't take being beat on and can't handle any more power than the engine makes stock, so beating on an automatic and modifying it is just ASKING for trouble.

Don't forget. It doesn't HAVE to be an MX6. The Ford Probe is literally the exact same thing just with different looks.

What are you talking about moron?
Every slav drives a manual, automatic is just stupid as fuck.

Any other JDM cars for slav touge? Pls don't post Miatas.

literally doesnt exist
i wish i was smart enough for manual

>coreyposting

so get something RWD. At least that way the automatic won't grenade itself.

Will you quit whining? Either get a cheap manual and figure it out or shut up.

>Any other JDM cars for slav touge?
There's a long list. What features are you looking for?

2.0L is maximum capacity.
If it can be a coupe awesome if not its ok.
And it would be awesome to be RWD (FWD only if car is epic in every other aspect)

FUck off with your RWD shit
I cant sorry

fuck off corey

Well there's the Mazda RX-7 with its 1.3L rotart engine, but they're not exactly reliable... or cheap...

Another option is the Nissan S12, S13, and S14 cars.

My best recommendation would be one of the DSM triplets, but I think the only version sold in Europe was the Mitsubishi Eclipse. Whether you consider the DSM cars JDM is up to you since Japan never got them. They were designed and built primarily for the US market. They weren't RWD either. FWD, with top models getting AWD.

stop responding to me asshole

Damn i didn't know that JDM never got these cars?
There are some Eclipses for cheap euros so maybe i can go after them... But i wanted to go full JDM.
RX7 are all thrash here they are dead, S13 allso, but there is one SX200 its so sexy...

What about Toyota Celica ?

Here are some that i found in "decent" shape

polovniautomobili.com/putnicka-vozila/8749917/mitsubishi-eclipse-gs

polovniautomobili.com/putnicka-vozila/9855613/nissan-200-sx

polovniautomobili.com/putnicka-vozila/9857568/toyota-celica-gt

And maybe

polovniautomobili.com/putnicka-vozila/8858736/toyota-celica-ts-citaj-opis

Or VVTi (cheaper insurance)

Yea, Japan never got the DSM cars. That slot in the Japanese line up was taken by the Mitsubishi FTO, which was based on the Mitsubishi Mirage/Mitsubishi Lancer.

The DSM cars (Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser) were all based on the Mitsubishi Galant,

Anyways. That Eclipse there is a N/A base model. Still a 4G63 so you can do a lot to it. Looks nice though. Please note the GS model in Europe got a different engine to the GS model in America. The American 1995-1999 GS model got a 2.0L Dodge Neon I4 with the head flow reversed.
Mid-range model on the Eclipse is the GS-T. The GST is FWD with a 4G63T, the 2.0L Turbo variant.
Top of the line for the Eclipse is the GSX, which got the same 2.0L Turbo as the GST, but added AWD.

The Nissan 200SX also looks nice. No interior shots though. Again, America got a different engine. America got a 2.4L KA24 instead of the CA18 or the SR20. IIRC, the reason was because of insurance in America. Pic related. My brother had an 89 with a KA24E.

I can't say anything about that model of Celica since we didn't get the 2.0L 3S-GE. American engines for that gen were a 4A-FE, or a 5S-FE. If that's the 3S-GE in that ad, then it's worth picking up. The 3S-FE would require a head swap though.

That last Celica we definitely got. If it's the 1ZZ-FE, it's pretty worthless. If it's the 2ZZ-GE, you can have a lot of fun with it. Hard to tell since they look almost identical and have the same displacement (but different bores and strokes).. The one difference I can think of is that the engine cover of the 1ZZ will just say "VVT-i" while the engine cover of the 2ZZ will say "VVTL-i"

Damn thx for the info mane.

I am tired of Euro cars desu. I could allways get E30 BMW and have lots of fun in it, but god damn it its not JDM.

I had a 2.5l 5-speed and loved it.

Drove the shit out of it and it's still kicking. Sold it to a friend and he drives the fuck out of it.

I dunno about that 4 banger, but the V6 was a lot of fun, cruised at about 115 down HWY 66 for a good while, top speed fully loaded with a passenger.

>Yea, Japan never got the DSM cars
Well, not quite. The USDM-spec Eclipse was sold in the Japanese market. No one really bought them because they were LHD, though.

>responding seriously to dirty third world kebabers

Retards.

Well if you know anything about Serbia, you will know that it's kebab free.
So the retard here is you.

back to the topic:
>just saw fucking Miata and is soo cute...

That isn't JDM.