Tips on buying used BMW?

Hello folks.
Can you give me a good tips on model choice, overall tips etc. on buying a used BMW?
Budget is 10-13k$.
I am open to any suggestions except car brand- only BMW.
Currently thinking about E90 as most reliable one, pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=m3&sort=pricedsc&srchType=T&hasPic=1&max_price=10000
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/6092724150.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't.

>BMW
Confirmed for deeply seated self-esteem issues

Don't.

SHUTUP

I would try the new Gas Chamber model.

Well, at least it will get you laid.

If you are in Europe, read buyers guides and go for it. Think there was an issue with the 4pot petrol E90s with the timing chain, get a 6. Cheap parts, everyone knows how to work on them, and loads of information online.

If you are in America, don't. Parts are crazy expensive there and the cars are less well made than the ones we get for some reason.

Top tier car for Rodges everywhere

Get an Alfa instead.

If you're looking at used beamers and your budget is 10-13k you can't afford a beamer.

BMW's integrated parking assistant is pretty good tho

>I am open to any suggestions except car brand- only BMW.
Fuck off Elliot

Europe, Russia.
Thanks pal.

Oh, fucking cringe, that license plate says it all...

Only get diesel because theyre the only reliable thing on bmw

*parks behind him*

>Can you give me a good tips on model choice, overall tips etc. on buying a used BMW?
I have one. DON'T.

The current owner will be obliged to give you the BMW lobotomy himself, and he's not a qualified technician in a dealership environment. You'll probably get an infection.

Dont touch a BMW

>very low tier reliability
>injects fake engine noises into cabin
>gearbox is shit
>understeer
>overweight

Just get a Honda, pretty much better in every way for your money

1/3 budgeted for the car and 2/3 budgeted for the parts...

>I am open to any suggestions except car brand- only BMW.

You're in for a wild ride senpai

Why do people buy bmws? They're fucking hideous lmao

My E36 is none of these things.

fun
good ergonomics
comfy dd's

>spending thousands on repairs every week
>fun

only if you believe what paid fca shills are telling you
my 2004 e60 is at 400k miles, has been dead reliable
except some retard parked in it and broke my front headlight and bumper yesterday
feels bad man

>nice proof

not the most reliable car brand but it's okay

my e46 is comfy. Last good bmw made

it's only expensive if you aren't part of the western europe master race

no it isn't.

>paying a premium for the privilege of looking like a tool

>talking out of your ass

Get any used 7 series, the cheaper the better.

I suggest going to a car forum or something, too many autistic ricers here

E36 M3 or E90/92 335i mane

nice job recommending cars that are both below and above budget you dingus

10-13k is the range of a mint E36 M3 or an average 335i lol

10-13k for an E36 is overpriced and for 335i you are going to get a piece of shit lmao

please let the people who actually know things about cars handle this and go back to posting riced out shitboxes in other threads

Lol if you find any manual E36 M3s under 10k that aren't garbage or verts, let me know. I wouldn't mind another one

sfbay.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=m3&sort=pricedsc&srchType=T&hasPic=1&max_price=10000

> 9k
> 170k miles
> multiple major flaws

or
> 9k
> black
> 226k miles

Others are autos, heaps or verts

Look, this one already has 90% of the ruining that GS400 guy would do, would save him a lot of work
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/6092724150.html

Lol samefag
How do you reckon it's ruined? Looks normal lol

Take it to mechanic you trust, if your mileage is over 100k have them look into fuel filter system on the car, my e90 had a problem where it was leaking gasoline very slowly. Cost about 700$ to fix, but I didn't have this issue until 189k miles. Avoid options like folding mirrors as they have a small plastic bit that tends to break and when the mirror folds it will fold the wrong way. Luckily, at least from my expirience with my own e90, so long as it has been properly serviced and cared for, they will run forever, it's just the little shit that gets you. Also word of warning, some people put off minor maintenance things and forget about it, things like hoses and pumps, while it isn't Paramount for the car to run, have someone who knows German cars take a look, this will help with the lifespan of your car, for me this meant a cost of 1200$ when retrofitting mine.
However, so long as you don't need a super low mileage one, you can snag e90s for under 10k$ quite easily leaving you with more than enough for any unforseen repairs.

And just to reiterate, make sure the guy you take it to knows his shit, and if he spots anything worrying in the mechanical components to take it right back, a small portion of older e90s (such as mine) had an issue with the engine housing leaking oil all over the exhaust, which could lead to a fire. Now I've never had this issue, but I'd do a recall check on the VIN just to be sure.

Why would I samefag?
>Looks normal
You said an E36 manual M3 is worth over 10k, yet a "normal" one is listed for 7200, and will be lucky to sell for more than 5k, looks like you proved your own theory wrong. There's no possible way your M3 would sell for 10k on craigs.

The one you posted is salvage with 160k miles lol
Mine isn't for sale regardless
Dude why are you always such a salty fag?

>The one you posted is salvage with 160k miles lol
Yet the owner demonstrates some remedial understanding of an automobile, like "if I align the car correctly, although it's lowered, it will most likely be capable of driving in a straight line"
>Dude why are you always such a salty fag?
Salty about what? "you're mad because my car is shitty" doesn't work on me young stance padawan