Truckerfag thread /TFG/

>NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO EDITION

Brevious Bread: >44 tonnes
>Hachi-Volvo daioh!!?
>Don't sign that lease
>CDL How Do? Private Driving School or Community College
>A megacompany should be your last resort to get a CDL
>Truckerfag: coming soon to a steel mill near you
>Pepsi's caffeine addiction worsens, is now eating raw coffee beans just to feel normal
>Oilfag waiting patiently on his new ride, hopes to live long enough to see it
>Primely learned all about the axles and the air-bags
>Balam is hauling for The Brotherhood Of Steel; power armor and gatling laser to follow?
>Freon is on a strict all Hamburger Helper diet
>Trucker Gundam is on a strict diet of rollerdogs and the remains of his trainee
>There are a surprising amount of serial killers in here
>Allyfags continue to be as annoying as Andy Sixx posters in /b/
>Subtle troll is ever present

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tuFRz18rMQk
fmcsa.dot.gov/faq/when-will-electronic-logging-device-eld-automatically-start-record-driving-mode-or-status
ontruck.org/appeals-court-rules-commercial-driver-held-to-much-higher-liability-standard/
youtu.be/UU7H4ot7WIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm drinkin black coffee like water, just trying to stay away from the espresso maker.

You should probably start drinking water like water, also.

I actually have been drinking a bit more water at work. Normally if I'm not drinking coffee, it's diet soda. Bot coffee grill is trying to play nutritionist and she been bugging me so I swap out 3 or 4 of those Diet Pepsi cans for bottles of water.

She still somehow doesn't complain much about the Newports or coffee because she drinks a ton of coffee too.

Thurs night I got about 3hrs of sleep and had an 11hr day Friday so I think I took down about 50oz of coffee by 10am.

>Optimus Primefag is hometime

Yeah, switching out the sodas is a good idea, considering they're diuretics.

Sorry my dude. Missed your hometime bosts when I was skimming through the past thread to do the blurb.

How H/o/metime?

>hasn't even got dat ethnic pussy yet and is getting whipped about by her

LMAO!

I'm also /hometime/, but that happens every weekend

>tfw you woke up to half a foot of snow ;_;

>that guy who drops his reefer and pulls up a couple feet to sleep
Poor little babby

Is that the moonshine shed?

Reefer's arent even that loud.

>MFW its snowing and 0°C out

Nice doggo. One of my fellow drivers when I was hauling sand had a blue heeler as a truck dog.

What exactly do you do again?

Gundam's Skyline deal doesn't seem too bad. I think he lives close to their yard so most weeks he just drives over there Monday morning and then gets back Friday night I think. If I were to do OTR, at least something like that doesn't seem terrible.

Unless it's the belt screeching, I wouldn't mind it. I need a little white noise to sleep, I normally leave the TV on real low or at least a fan because complete silence is wierd.

I know man, this shit is concerning me. I'm about to go for this black girl at Dunkin, just drove past and she talkin about how I look good in this shirt today lol. I wish it (or I) was less awkward goin thru the drive-thru and it was easier to hang out and chill.

>not using aerodynamic cars to improve truck mileage

I do that sometimes. I prefer to rear end a Tesla so hard that the trunk of it gets lodged in the grill of my KW and then drive around with the car and their shitty driver semi attached to my truck all day.

Sick aero kit bro.

I would love to see a video of that thing being unloaded.

I've heard you like to watch things being unloaded ;^)

how do I get into this business.

Hoe destitute are you?

Not very I have nice clothes a place to live a good computer. I just need a job where I don't have to socialize with people because I'm a sociopath

You'll fit right in

>Notices MR-2
>oWo what's this?

You will still have to deal face to face with shippers, receivers, truck stop attendants, cashiers, other drivers, yard jockeys, scale house operators, local police, state troopers, dot officers, company terminal staff and management, mechanics, tire technicians, and at times the general public.

Often these exchanges will be heated and very emotional due to the stresses the industry imposes.

You forgot to mention that none of these people expect anything from you but angry, smelly grunts.

youtu.be/tuFRz18rMQk

My cousin is a truckerfag with a small company that carries potato, wheat and watermelon all around the country, he knows I can drive fast stuff without wrecking and wants me in but I have no license yet. I've never been in the wheel of something bigger than an F-250 and really need to get accustomed. My question here, Is Eurotruck sim a good training platform? I have a g25 and all the isolation and time of the world, don't want to fuck up in the license courses or throw any of his KW's into a ditch.

It's better than nothing for sure. I would have liked to familiarize myself with a big rig a little bit before training. That much less to have to think about when your training.

You should worry about getting your regular licence first tbqh

At best, playing either Euro Truck or American Truck Sim will give you an idea of driving with a large trailer attached to you. I know in Euro Truck you can disable the option to skip parking the trailer, and you can also choose 'skilled parking always' which gives you harder spots to put the trailer in, which may help you understand the basics of backing the trailer a bit better.

>I want to drive a tractor trailer
>I don't even have a regular drivers license let alone the skills or experience required to obtain a CDL
>Can a video game adequately prepare me to correctly maneuver an 80,000 pound vehicle at high speeds?

This has to be satire. Nobody is this autistic.

The moonshine sheds are out back from the house so they don't burn the house down if they blow

danke. She is good doge

I'm a regional flatbedder at a company with 5 trucks total. Work M-F and home sometimes in between

If they USA had more nuclear power. Then we could be producing DiMethylEither with the waste heat. Which we can straight up use as a diesel fuel replacement, or convert into actual diesel.

removing the price of oil from the price of fuel for trucking and other diesel burners. Which would stabilize prices of all consumer goods.

Why? Driving in general is easy as fuck. Driving a truck isn't a whole lot harder. A sim isn't going to prepare you for that 90 degree into the last spot in the rain at a tiny pilot at 0300 with your Qualcomm shouting at you that you have 0 hours of drive time remaining but it can't hurt.

>with your Qualcomm shouting at you that you have 0 hours of drive time remaining
That reminds me, I've gotten into a habit of going offduty before I park a lot. Say there's the exit with a stop sign at the bottom and the truck stop is down the block, when I stop at the sign, I'll switch over and then drive to the truck stop and park, since you can drive about a mile and a half before it automatically switches you over. It only saves a couple minutes a day, but sometimes it might take you ten minutes to get into the parking lot, find a spot, and get parked. Anyways, is that something I could get in trouble for? I know "technically" I guess it should count as driving, but is a DOT going to actually look and say "why is there 0.7 miles difference between when you went off duty here and on duty PTI the next day?" and if someone did happen to look, is it actually bad?

(You)#

Starting next year you'll get kicked on to driving at 5mph. Traffic around truckstops is gonna get a lot slower. Or a lot faster.

Source

fmcsa.dot.gov/faq/when-will-electronic-logging-device-eld-automatically-start-record-driving-mode-or-status

I notice a lot of Prime trucks with special snowflake paintjobs? Why is this?

i thought this went into effect already

glorious, spent money like a rock star and still have a few days left

No fleet color scheme. Trucks can be whatever color the driver wants. I could go full weeb itasha and they wouldnt give a fuck.

Autism. Hence the disproportionately high number of Prime employees that post in these threads

It has for me. Used to cheat the system by just changing status at a light to off duty so I could keep driving.

Now when you're in a status change, you have 4 minutes to change the status from driving to off duty. Wait a minute till it hits 5, then you can change back to driving without it effecting your HOS. Keep doing this and you'll be good.

But if you drive less than 5mph for over a mile, it'll change you to on duty status and fuck up your HOS.

Now, illegally apparently, I just use off duty driving to make my deliveries before my 10 hour reset.

Not with light water reactors, since steam is about 200F too cool for DME production. LFTR would do it, but Nixon pulled the plug on that.

Do drivers need special endorsements for livestock?

Yes

oh shit, its Optimus Prime's long lost cousin Autismus Prime

Not in the US.

My proplapse light is back on

So you didn't break the light after all.

ontruck.org/appeals-court-rules-commercial-driver-held-to-much-higher-liability-standard/

Bet you an over the pants handjob that it is DEF related.

Thats what usually goes wrong,The CEL last week was caused by the nox sennsor.

Looks like tge nyc autoshow is all packed up, reliable carriers all over i80 in jersey

That's bullshit. The drivers shouldn't be held liable for anything, it should all go to their employers. But that is also Canada...

What would cause a semi rig that's been parked for a couple days to catch fire?

Something electrical I'm sure. With diesel, it's not going to be the result of a fuel leak even if the thing was running. That shit barely even burns.

Is that the most likely cause?

Why do you want to burn your rig?

It's not mine but one in my area burned up while it was parked on the street.

Mice in the wiring.

I think you missed the joke back there, friend

This Whatever happened, there was probably a short and a spark and it caught on some plastic or insulation and went up in flames.

Shiiit about the rig fire. Well thanks for the input

I would have went with a short bus for top keks.

Mice are really good at starting electrical fires because they'll build a nest made out of little shreds of paper and loose fiber, then graze on wires running through the nest at their leisure.

I've never done strait OTR but I've done plenty of 2-5 days long runs and I've never understood why truckers like parking at truck stops. What's the appeal besides a shitter?
I usually stop in the middle of nowhere with awesome views, like I'm out camping. Still get a bath, breakfast, coffee and brush my teeth. Don't have to deal with assholes hitting truck, cops, way overpriced crap at a place that has one purpose, to separate me from my take home pay.

I like not getting murdered.

eh, I like not smelling evaporated piss. 10 years and still haven't been murdered

t. spooky skelly

me too! Supertruckers don't like it when I light up the burner to keep my load of asphalt hot. I dunno why they get so upset about having 100dB roaring away for 4-6 hours. It helps me sleep.

>he sleeps every night in a dirt patch in the middle of nowhere and no showers
>boasts that he doesn't smell bad

tip top kek

k

>tfw no trailer tails in Europe because bureaucratic legislators take decades to pull their heads out of their asses and formulate an exception to the length laws

you dont want them anyway

Why? Do I hate efficiency in a work environment?

they end up costing more in repairs than what they save

I've never found a hooker in the woods. At least not a live one.

so you've found my trash

First day on the tank lads so far its pretty comfy

No idea but I remembered I captured this pic.

F

>TFW almost got to see truck vs train.

Toyota want to test fuel cell trucks in local transit in the LA port area. This is the first prototype. The would-be sleeper is full of fuel cell stuff. Opinions?

I hate everyone in this thread. Your all fags

Something else cool, an old nonstandard length Great Dane. Former General Electric owned trailer based on the faded logo on the mud flaps.

Can any of you give me an estimate of its year?

>I've never understood why truckers like parking at truck stops. What's the appeal besides a shitter?
Pretty much that. I don't suffer bad burrito attacks often but I do know when I will and that's about ten seconds after I settle into some isolated place with no hope of going anywhere else for 10-24 hours.

Skyline has some old trailers just sitting on the yard in a pile. One of them looks to be from the 50's or 60's, but it's so rusted I don't think it could ever be restored.

sometimes theres a plackard on the front that will have the year its manufactured engraved on it

Toppest keks

We have like 4 autismobiles on our fleet not even joking.

>peterbuilt

And nothing of value was lost.

Why are we not discussing these cunts more in this thread?

youtu.be/UU7H4ot7WIs

I like turtles

The three burnt out husks are W900s.

A bum got run over in that yard a few years back. Tried to jump into a well car - cut him off at the boots. Made a terrible mess.

The three that burned are Kennys.

The three that burned are ivecos

Lol fucking why? Could you get one if you wanted? I'd drive one just so I could go around acting like a dick and blaming it on muh autism.

it sounds like you could do that right now and get away with it.

Page 8?!?